FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > dilemma

dilemma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *antonkid1955 OP   Man  over a year ago

cardiff

Today I observed a couple pushing a stroller..both overweight..both smoking...and both on their smartphones..walking 10 yards behind them and clearly unhappy was their young daughter aged 3 ish..broken shoes..bedraggled clothes..looking very miserable..I was boiling with rage and wanted to remonstrate with her parents.. What could I say??..and where would it get me??..I am ashamed to say that I did nothing..and looked the other way..What would you do in this circumstance?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Today I observed a couple pushing a stroller..both overweight..both smoking...and both on their smartphones..walking 10 yards behind them and clearly unhappy was their young daughter aged 3 ish..broken shoes..bedraggled clothes..looking very miserable..I was boiling with rage and wanted to remonstrate with her parents.. What could I say??..and where would it get me??..I am ashamed to say that I did nothing..and looked the other way..What would you do in this circumstance?"

What do you envision to have happened should you have stepped in?

By *ittykate84Woman  over a year ago

CHESTER

Unless you know them and cant report them for neglect then there is little you can do, you could have said something and been attacked because of it!

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

'i did nothing'

What we're you considering doing ?

Regardless of appearance, expression or demeanor it sounds like a family just walking along breaking no obvious laws.

This post says more about you than it says about them

Innit lol next it will be I seen someone drop a fag butt n said nothing

"This post says more about you than it says about them "

Bit harsh.. What do you suggest Op should of done?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

she may and I repeat may have been to the nursery and been out playing with sticks etc building a bonfire and was told to wear old clothes....

"This post says more about you than it says about them

Bit harsh.. What do you suggest Op should of done?"

Gone about his day

He did not know the facts, just the subjections and the judgements he made based on them

Act based on fact not supposition

There are some very shit parents out there. . But many more good ones . Next time you see a kid having a really nice time with his mum or dad. . Hold the image in your memory . There are many parents you don't see out on the street doing much worse to their kids . But i do feel your angst

Animals are better parents then some people. But i for one would never look down on people like the op. That child could have a great childhood. Who knows

In regard to recent comments re americanisms, wtf is a stroller?

A workman was telling my parents today that he went into a house, and the floor was littered with rubbish and rubble.

Anyway making his way over this to do his job, he nearly stepped on a baby no more than a few months old.

The workman then asked what is going on, to which he was told " oh mind how you go"

The workman, said he had to get something from his van, and called social services, to which he was later told, the child had been taken into care.

Disgusting.

Her

The other day I had to endure the sound of a child screaming in a shop for a good ten mins, not cos they wanted something and was told no, the kid was about 10 months old, it was because the poor might had just had her ear pierced, felt like I should have said something, I'm still thinking of writing to the chain of accessories shops that I was in to ask what the policy is on age of ear piercing, but I said nothing, because it wouldn't have made a blind bit if difference, if I see someone beating a child I wouldn't hesitate to step in, but when it's just my opinion, ill keep my gob shut.

CHESTER

"The other day I had to endure the sound of a child screaming in a shop for a good ten mins, not cos they wanted something and was told no, the kid was about 10 months old, it was because the poor might had just had her ear pierced, felt like I should have said something, I'm still thinking of writing to the chain of accessories shops that I was in to ask what the policy is on age of ear piercing, but I said nothing, because it wouldn't have made a blind bit if difference, if I see someone beating a child I wouldn't hesitate to step in, but when it's just my opinion, ill keep my gob shut."

If it was claires accesories they do pierce babies ears, for some cultures it is something they have always done and is the norm for them

"

In regard to recent comments re americanisms, wtf is a stroller?"

It's a pram/pushchair.

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

"Both overweight" tsk tsk......fat parents eh, shouldn't be allowed

"

In regard to recent comments re americanisms, wtf is a stroller?"

A pushchair

"The other day I had to endure the sound of a child screaming in a shop for a good ten mins, not cos they wanted something and was told no, the kid was about 10 months old, it was because the poor might had just had her ear pierced, felt like I should have said something, I'm still thinking of writing to the chain of accessories shops that I was in to ask what the policy is on age of ear piercing, but I said nothing, because it wouldn't have made a blind bit if difference, if I see someone beating a child I wouldn't hesitate to step in, but when it's just my opinion, ill keep my gob shut.

If it was claires accesories they do pierce babies ears, for some cultures it is something they have always done and is the norm for them"

I seriously doubt it was a cultural thing, in some cultures it is tradition to marry off daughters at the age of 14, it doesn't make it right in this day and age, and I can't think if any culture that has the traditional dress of a makensie tracky lol unles they were seventh day Kyleists

If a child is in danger then only the police or duty social worker can do anything about it. Public intervention rarely ends well and can result in doing more harm to either the child or the person intervening.

" seventh day Kyleists "

PMSL!!!

By *antonkid1955 OP   Man  over a year ago

cardiff

My post is not about... Looking down on people....it is about her parents clearly have money for fags and smart phones...but can't spend some on putting decent shoes and clothes on their child..

CHESTER

"The other day I had to endure the sound of a child screaming in a shop for a good ten mins, not cos they wanted something and was told no, the kid was about 10 months old, it was because the poor might had just had her ear pierced, felt like I should have said something, I'm still thinking of writing to the chain of accessories shops that I was in to ask what the policy is on age of ear piercing, but I said nothing, because it wouldn't have made a blind bit if difference, if I see someone beating a child I wouldn't hesitate to step in, but when it's just my opinion, ill keep my gob shut.

If it was claires accesories they do pierce babies ears, for some cultures it is something they have always done and is the norm for them

I seriously doubt it was a cultural thing, in some cultures it is tradition to marry off daughters at the age of 14, it doesn't make it right in this day and age, and I can't think if any culture that has the traditional dress of a makensie tracky lol unles they were seventh day Kyleists "

Haha!

Well i think its hindu or sikh.. Big thing in india and they do it over here.. But if they were just a bunch of chavs then nope it wasnt culture/religion

"she may and I repeat may have been to the nursery and been out playing with sticks etc building a bonfire and was told to wear old clothes...."

And she may have been unhappy because she was going home.

'May' being the pertinent word.

I think the opening post is incredibly judgemental.

"she may and I repeat may have been to the nursery and been out playing with sticks etc building a bonfire and was told to wear old clothes....

And she may have been unhappy because she was going home.

'May' being the pertinent word.

I think the opening post is incredibly judgemental. "

"My post is not about... Looking down on people....it is about her parents clearly have money for fags and smart phones...but can't spend some on putting decent shoes and clothes on their child.."

Jaysus...how Daily Mail are you?

"If a child is in danger then only the police or duty social worker can do anything about it. Public intervention rarely ends well and can result in doing more harm to either the child or the person intervening. "

Turned out well in Rotherham didn't it? Not.

There's a big difference between CAN DO and can't be arsed to do.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"What would you do in this circumstance?"

Do about what? A sulky toddler?

Unless a person of any age is being harmed in any way I keep my nose out of others business.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

today i observed a 'single man' profile claiming to be a couple ....what would you do in this circumstance ?

"My post is not about... Looking down on people....it is about her parents clearly have money for fags and smart phones...but can't spend some on putting decent shoes and clothes on their child.."

Don't judge a book by its cover,you have absolutely no idea what the dynamics of that family are

I sent my son to school as a chimney sweep once,thank goodness we didn't walk past you

Perhaps that child refuses to wear any thing other than those clothes .

"today i observed a 'single man' profile claiming to be a couple ....what would you do in this circumstance ?"
same here, BLOCKED lol

Her

"My post is not about... Looking down on people....it is about her parents clearly have money for fags and smart phones...but can't spend some on putting decent shoes and clothes on their child..

Don't judge a book by its cover,you have absolutely no idea what the dynamics of that family are

I sent my son to school as a chimney sweep once,thank goodness we didn't walk past you"

Step in time.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

If your intention was to post about what you saw as being concerned for the welfare of the child then you certainly have done so in a way that 'looks down' on them..

massively judgemental..

"If a child is in danger then only the police or duty social worker can do anything about it. Public intervention rarely ends well and can result in doing more harm to either the child or the person intervening.

Turned out well in Rotherham didn't it? Not.

There's a big difference between CAN DO and can't be arsed to do.

"

That's not what my post was about. I'm sure if you put up a post about the effectiveness of Social Workers you will be up to 175 in no time. The police and social services not the public are organisations to intervene not the public on a witch hunt imposing their idea of how a child should be dressed.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Today I observed a couple pushing a stroller..both overweight..both smoking...and both on their smartphones..walking 10 yards behind them and clearly unhappy was their young daughter aged 3 ish..broken shoes..bedraggled clothes..looking very miserable..I was boiling with rage and wanted to remonstrate with her parents.. What could I say??..and where would it get me??..I am ashamed to say that I did nothing..and looked the other way..What would you do in this circumstance?"

A dot to dot puzzle with half of the dots missing. Be aware when you fill them in that you may end up with a picture which doesn't reflect reality.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"today i observed a 'single man' profile claiming to be a couple ....what would you do in this circumstance ?"

Strange, its usually the other way round to get round filters.

"Today I observed a couple pushing a stroller..both overweight..both smoking...and both on their smartphones..walking 10 yards behind them and clearly unhappy was their young daughter aged 3 ish..broken shoes..bedraggled clothes..looking very miserable..I was boiling with rage and wanted to remonstrate with her parents.. What could I say??..and where would it get me??..I am ashamed to say that I did nothing..and looked the other way..What would you do in this circumstance?

A dot to dot puzzle with half of the dots missing. Be aware when you fill them in that you may end up with a picture which doesn't reflect reality. "

Dot to dots don't represent leatity anyway, I've never seen a teddy with an angular leg playing football with a hexagonal ball in our local park lol

"Perhaps that child refuses to wear any thing other than those clothes . "

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Today I observed a couple pushing a stroller..both overweight..both smoking...and both on their smartphones..walking 10 yards behind them and clearly unhappy was their young daughter aged 3 ish..broken shoes..bedraggled clothes..looking very miserable..I was boiling with rage and wanted to remonstrate with her parents.. What could I say??..and where would it get me??..I am ashamed to say that I did nothing..and looked the other way..What would you do in this circumstance?

A dot to dot puzzle with half of the dots missing. Be aware when you fill them in that you may end up with a picture which doesn't reflect reality.

Dot to dots don't represent leatity anyway, I've never seen a teddy with an angular leg playing football with a hexagonal ball in our local park lol"

It was an analogy to illustrate the problem of only considering one _iew without all the details.

But I suspect you already know that.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Its got fuck all to do with you. Were they abusing the child? Did the child, despite having scruffy clothes, look uncared for, malnourished etc?

For all you know they could have been going to get new shoes, the child might be unhappy because she had been told off or something yet you felt you wanted to publicly humiliate them by telling them off? For what? For being overweight? For smoking? For using their phones? You had the briefest glimpse into a family dynamic and suddenly your super social worker man, ready to cast judgment at the drop of a hat

Its got fuck all to do with you. Were they abusing the child? Did the child, despite having scruffy clothes, look uncared for, malnourished etc?

For all you know they could have been going to get new shoes, the child might be unhappy because she had been told off or something yet you felt you wanted to publicly humiliate them by telling them off? For what? For being overweight? For smoking? For using their phones? You had the briefest glimpse into a family dynamic and suddenly your super social worker man, ready to cast judgment at the drop of a hat "

» Add a new message to this topic