FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > should fab be protecting "the stoopid"

should fab be protecting "the stoopid"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

can I start this off by saying this isn't a shot at mods at all... then have a tough job to do, so please dont use it as an excuse to od bash please

okay.... question time brought upon by two seperate incidences in the last few months....

should fab protect those who basically "out themselves" so to speak....

case 1: someone lies about their age.... another person notices the "fib"... all the posts are removed....

case 2: someone posts on here as single man, says they were on here as single woman (hasn't had the op!!! 2 days would be a hell of a turnaround!! )... all the posts are removed

in a way so it never happened at all, people are none the wiser....

i suppose what I am asking is "so long as the post is not containing something illegal or on the fab list of "no-no's"... should a thread be locked rather than posts removed??"

sometime you can't protect the "dumb" from themselves..... I have see some abhorrant _iews expressed on here which have left me stunned and shocked ... my all time fave was left by a person who said they would not be friends with people who had played with black people, or had them on their friends list .... and i was proud of the reaction of people on that fateful night..... but sometimes i wish people could be also like held accountable for what they write.....

and... over to you.....

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I am truly indifferent to it all, I will post my opinion and what others say doesn't really stay with me.

I will have no interest in them, never likely to ever be in the same room so what they say or do, is at the end of the day of little to no interest to me.

There are many people that I respect very much from their written word, behaviour & or consistency in their postings.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think people who feel the need to pick over a person's profile irritating. I can almost see the smarmy look on their faces when they write their " Your profile says 43,you just said 45!". It usually has no bearing on the thread so,so fucking what and get a life.

By *earboynottinghamMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Don't know if it matters that much.

If they're regularly fibbing then people are quite likely to catch them out anyway.

By *ivente clubCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

Everyone should be accountable for what they say in the written form. I was disgusted the other day when I saw a forum post about Louis Spence. A gay man on here was saying how Louis gave gay men a bad name and called him a Nancy boy! I was furious because no matter what your religion, race, colour or sexual orientation, they don't form your personality and everyone, despite those things, still has a right to be an individual. That was one subject I gave up on arguing with him about or I would have ended up with a forum time out, so in answer to your question I think its us that need protecting from the stoopid _abio, or the immature x

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I find it frustrating when some posts are removed but there is still reference to them, but then again, I'm just a nosey bugger

"can I start this off by saying this isn't a shot at mods at all... then have a tough job to do, so please dont use it as an excuse to od bash please

okay.... question time brought upon by two seperate incidences in the last few months....

case 1: someone lies about their age.... another person notices the "fib"... all the posts are removed....

case 2: someone posts on here as single man, says they were on here as single woman (hasn't had the op!!! 2 days would be a hell of a turnaround!! )... all the posts are removed

i suppose what I am asking is "so long as the post is not containing something illegal or on the fab list of "no-no's"... should a thread be locked rather than posts removed??"

sometime you can't protect the "dumb" from themselves..... I have see some abhorrant _iews expressed on here which have left me stunned and shocked ... my all time fave was left by a person who said they would not be friends with people who had played with black people, or had them on their friends list .... and i was proud of the reaction of people on that fateful night..... but sometimes i wish people could be also like held accountable for what they write.....

and... over to you..... "

Truly it is annoying and I am prone to reacting because that's how I am yet being here I am learning that if I keep trying to beat down the door of stupidity and ignorance I will only end up with a battered noggin.

Okay to address racism of course but when people lie...it's their issue don't you think?

You can't cast a net over the dodgy ones...

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"can I start this off by saying this isn't a shot at mods at all... then have a tough job to do, so please dont use it as an excuse to od bash please

and... over to you..... "

I think you may be right ?

I thought I had noticed quite a degree of censorship certain posts or threads completely removed ?

I usually would say if someone says something on the open forum we have a right to read it ?

Your a sheep shagger bar bar

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

As per the forum rules, you cant name and shame anyone and accusing someone of being fake when it could be totally wrong is not the way to do things.

Report the profile instead and let Admin check it out or people will end up banned...as per the rules.

Admin don't protect people if a report is true, but mods protect ALL users of the forum