FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sex = Sin?

Sex = Sin?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its no secret that several religions across human history have taught that sexual contact is in some way inherently 'evil', something to be ashamed of. I remember once being stopped in the street by a group of religious folk, claiming that we are all 'born from sin'.

What are others thoughts on this? Do you ever think of a deeper meaning behind your sexual desires?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope

Nah.

Couldnt give a fuck tbh

Their problem, and I don't give a damn

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

Abrahamic religions are deeply mysognyistic and seek to control women, one of the ways that they do this is by trying to ensure men are equally important in the creation of new life (Monogamy) wheres in nature....

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Ladies sometimes scream 'oh god' when they orgasm

I always feel a little guilty after I have emptied my nut custard over someone's boat.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I punish maself everyday by way of self abuse

By *issyyourbadWoman  over a year ago

Dorset

More fun in hell

By *issyyourbadWoman  over a year ago

Dorset

Brighton - even Hove!

Although from another point of view, you start with SEX, move to SIX and then to SIN. Now the spooky thing here is that the letter S in SIX looks a bit like a 5. IX is roman numerals for 9. Add 5 and 9 and you get 14, add 1 and 4 and you get 5 again and the letter E in SEX is the fifth letter!!

Ask a priest, a rabbi or an imam.

Are there any on here?

Who would be the most approachable?

I have no idea, but I wouldn't judge their answer - you'd need more information first...

...I like a nice cult - a nice, wet, moist, hot cult.

Oh sorry I meant cunt.

"Its no secret that several religions across human history have taught that sexual contact is in some way inherently 'evil', something to be ashamed of. I remember once being stopped in the street by a group of religious folk, claiming that we are all 'born from sin'.

What are others thoughts on this? Do you ever think of a deeper meaning behind your sexual desires? "

Used to..cat lick guilt ya know...

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Although from another point of view, you start with SEX, move to SIX and then to SIN. Now the spooky thing here is that the letter S in SIX looks a bit like a 5. IX is roman numerals for 9. Add 5 and 9 and you get 14, add 1 and 4 and you get 5 again and the letter E in SEX is the fifth letter!! "

Have you been taking your meds

Brighton - even Hove!

"Although from another point of view, you start with SEX, move to SIX and then to SIN. Now the spooky thing here is that the letter S in SIX looks a bit like a 5. IX is roman numerals for 9. Add 5 and 9 and you get 14, add 1 and 4 and you get 5 again and the letter E in SEX is the fifth letter!!

Have you been taking your meds "

How dare you?!

Are you suggesting numerology isn't actually a proper science?!?! You 3211520

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Sorry, I only do Alphabetti Spaghetti

I do a good line in catholic guilt, but hell it's all part of the fun

Brighton - even Hove!

"Sorry, I only do Alphabetti Spaghetti "

Yeah, but guaranteed next time you open a tin of 'em on toast, you can spell 'aliens abduct men from Derbyshire' ON ONE SLICE!!!!!

This reminded of a conversation I had with my Mum about the practice of women being "churched" following childbirth. My great grandfather was a lay preacher, so my Mum was churched when she had my sister.

The official definition :-Churching is thought to derive from a Jewish purification rite, where the sin of childbirth was washed away. Only married women were eligible. Many people considered that childbirth made a woman unholy or unclean because it resulted from sexual activity; sexual abstinence and virginity being equated to holiness. People considered the purification rite, or rite of churching to be very important as it allowed the ‘unclean’ woman to re-enter the church in a ‘state of grace’.

It amazes me that childbirth could be seen as a sin!

[Removed by poster at 03/11/14 21:09:29]

No not here

Well, if we are born from sin and therefore we are all siners and we'll going to burn in hell, I wonder how's possible the existence of saints and , just putting it out there, "virgin Mary". It is said that she had more kids after Christ and I'm pretty sure that wasn't by the holy spirit... And unless Joseph borrowed his ribs to procreate and multiply, I bet she's in hell with all the rest... Just saying...

P

By *ipswingCouple  over a year ago

portrush

"Its no secret that several religions across human history have taught that sexual contact is in some way inherently 'evil', something to be ashamed of. I remember once being stopped in the street by a group of religious folk, claiming that we are all 'born from sin'.

What are others thoughts on this? Do you ever think of a deeper meaning behind your sexual desires? "

perhaps it is primordial but i fear religions have been usurped by impotent old men ,who fear the energy and appetite of woman when she is on heat ...and the..eek ..oops there is bi love ... sin sin they all have it infamy ...

Of course religions state sex is sin. Sex is the biggest power over money, which gives women equal power to men. We can't have that can we?!

I am non religious so that's why I never will have a sin

Im not religious either, I just don't mock those that are.

Each to their own...

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Sorry, I only do Alphabetti Spaghetti

Yeah, but guaranteed next time you open a tin of 'em on toast, you can spell 'aliens abduct men from Derbyshire' ON ONE SLICE!!!!! "

Don't think any of the major religions dictate that sex is sin. Only if it's outside marriage. So I guess we're all damned. I take the view that, if Angels couldn't resist, I've got no chance, so no point trying

"Although from another point of view, you start with SEX, move to SIX and then to SIN. Now the spooky thing here is that the letter S in SIX looks a bit like a 5. IX is roman numerals for 9. Add 5 and 9 and you get 14, add 1 and 4 and you get 5 again and the letter E in SEX is the fifth letter!! "

If you take that E and move along one to F, then add a U and a N....you have a whole load of FUN!!!!

"Although from another point of view, you start with SEX, move to SIX and then to SIN. Now the spooky thing here is that the letter S in SIX looks a bit like a 5. IX is roman numerals for 9. Add 5 and 9 and you get 14, add 1 and 4 and you get 5 again and the letter E in SEX is the fifth letter!!

If you take that E and move along one to F, then add a U and a N....you have a whole load of FUN!!!! "

PMSL

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I prefer a warmer climate anyway

The biggest surprise to me is that in the 21st century there is still such a primitive thing as religion in any shape or form.

No one prepared to play devil's advocate?

1. God doesn't say sex is a sin. Sex is a wonderful gift from God.

2. Religion is man made and is simply a moral compass or set of societal rules.

3. Religion is right to preach monogamy - aids , stds , jealousy, heartbreak.

I do believe above but do struggle to live in such a way!

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

The major religions do not equate sex with sin, read Song of Soloman for instance, it's very intimate and erotic. But they all require some mind of commitment, none condone casual sex.

...Up on the Downs

'Some kind' that should read. .....

Oh and the 'born in sin' is not about sex, it's about inheriting baggage from previous generations.

"'Some kind' that should read. .....

Oh and the 'born in sin' is not about sex, it's about inheriting baggage from previous generations. "

I like your answers. The essential thing is that with religion, you can take it, or leave it (unless you're born into it, which can be complex)

Therefore, always assuming that religion is for cretins, is actually a judgemental prejudice, an anti-religious fundamentalism.

Weird huh?

Live and let live, unless they are outside with pitchforks...

...Up on the Downs

"'Some kind' that should read. .....

Oh and the 'born in sin' is not about sex, it's about inheriting baggage from previous generations.

I like your answers. The essential thing is that with religion, you can take it, or leave it (unless you're born into it, which can be complex)

Therefore, always assuming that religion is for cretins, is actually a judgemental prejudice, an anti-religious fundamentalism..."

I agree - the opposite of love is indifference, not vehement opposition!

By *my-blackTV/TS  over a year ago

Poole

I belong to a small religious group that actually believes sex is a form of prayer

Anybody want to pray with me

We we all born with the sin of adam and eve and we get baptised to wash away the sin and become a sin free catholic. Sex is only a sin when done outside of marriage or for purposes other than creating a baby.

I was baptised a catholic but do not believe in god. I believe in science, the universe is my god

Miss Jay

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Most religions have just used human core needs to control us.

As a free person I marvel a little at how some are duped and at how primitive superstition and mumbo jumbo is held so literally to be truth.

"We we all born with the sin of adam and eve and we get baptised to wash away the sin and become a sin free catholic. Sex is only a sin when done outside of marriage or for purposes other than creating a baby.

I was baptised a catholic but do not believe in god. I believe in science, the universe is my god

Miss Jay "

. Check pantheism

I am exactly as my name says

At the time I first started swinging I was a Sunday school teacher. Unsurprisingly I soon considered my new lifestyle to be a major conflict of interest and gave up my church life - essentially I couldn't cope with the guilt every time I went to church! I've always been broad minded, however, and even when a 'good Christian' could offer a convincing case for sex outside marriage. Not sure I could offer a convincing case for swinging though. xx

I go along with Woody Allen. When asked if he thought sex was dirty, "Only if your doing it right".

"At the time I first started swinging I was a Sunday school teacher. Unsurprisingly I soon considered my new lifestyle to be a major conflict of interest and gave up my church life - essentially I couldn't cope with the guilt every time I went to church! I've always been broad minded, however, and even when a 'good Christian' could offer a convincing case for sex outside marriage. Not sure I could offer a convincing case for swinging though. xx"

snap! I was a Sunday school teacher too!

By *ipswingCouple  over a year ago

portrush

but surely love should be shared ... and is making love not sexual .. love your neighbour is what i was told ..

[Removed by poster at 04/11/14 09:41:15]

I used to yes. And it was only a few years ago that I stopped believing that sex should only be part of a solid relationship

as a good catholic girl I don't give a shit

mikki wanders off to chapel to the confessional

hail mary full of grace,hail mary ful,,,,,,,,,

Well may God forgive me because I'm gonna sin like a mofo tonight and I am gonna love every second

Let the sin begin

Sin = Sine

Cos = cosine

Tan = Tangent (I think I've just wondered off on one)

A little more math for you there steve

» Add a new message to this topic