FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Angela Merkel says she 'would accept UK exit from EU'

Angela Merkel says she 'would accept UK exit from EU'

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I never realised it was her decision.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It isn't....if (hopefully WHEN) we decide to leave it will be our decision. The sooner the better.

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

Come the referendum. She might not have any say in the matter

Vote UKIP you know it makes sense

Sits watches and smiles

I would agree with leaving the EU except that if we do the government - of almost any colour - will walk all over workers' rights.

I think they would fight like mad to keep us. They need our 10 billion+ a year

Of course it is her decision! The whole of Europe owes Germany money, they will do what she says.

She wants economic migrants to go to the UK because it reduces the social costs of those countries who owe Germany money. Simples!

As I have said before, if the EU had stayed to its original concept as a trading block, I would say to stay in. But there are so many stupid rules my interferring EU politicians that its madness.

Also, they idea was to have strong trading links, so why have piss poor countries join? It wasnt that many years ago when it was just 12 or so countries, its now now 28.

Its time to renegotiate, or just to get out. I dont think the UK are alone in thinking this

I believe the subtext to her statement was 'pay up the 1.7 billion or piss off!'

Suffolk

"I believe the subtext to her statement was 'pay up the 1.7 billion or piss off!'"

Doesn't that constitute a declaration of war.

Oh well, never mind, we've beaten them twice, let's just go for the hat trick

"I believe the subtext to her statement was 'pay up the 1.7 billion or piss off!'"

I was listening to the radio the other day and they said the bill is for an increase in our GDP, because the EU insists we now include figures for the black markets of prostitution and drugs.

Fucking ridiculous

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I never realised it was her decision. "

Maybe she means she wouldn't say no and actively support the decision.

"I never realised it was her decision.

Maybe she means she wouldn't say no and actively support the decision. "

It does seem that she has set herself up as the unoffical president of the EU

By *stwo80Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

"

It does seem that she has set herself up as the unoffical president of the EU"

Oooooh , shades of uncle Adolph creeping in there !!

"As I have said before, if the EU had stayed to its original concept as a trading block, I would say to stay in. But there are so many stupid rules my interferring EU politicians that its madness.

Also, they idea was to have strong trading links, so why have piss poor countries join? It wasnt that many years ago when it was just 12 or so countries, its now now 28.

Its time to renegotiate, or just to get out. I dont think the UK are alone in thinking this

"

The EU is ridiculous, time to leave. I don't want to spend my life being governed by Brussels.

The general feeling with younger people such as myself is, enough is enough we want out.

My hubby who speaks fluent German and some of their dialects explained to me that Merkel has no other way out then to say good bye; this as if she allows the UK to stop benefits her own party will "pull" her apart. The German UKIP AfD is demanding more then UKIP and they are gaining in the ex DDR parts of Germany also the Bavarian part of Germany wants an "out" of the EU as being "rich", they are being stripped of assets.

Merkel is playing a game of pokers bluff and hopes that the British will chicken with threats; Germany tried same with Switzerland and it backfired.

The Swiss have voted to limit number of EU citizens going into Switzerland. They have had enough as well and since 2 years have stopped "benefits" - if you haven't worked there for more then 18 months you don't get any benefits.

But all this you can't read in British newspapers and the BBC didn't report on that vote did they ?!

Eu should be a trading arrangement and not a meddling arrangement as it is benefiting some parties

Suffolk

"My hubby who speaks fluent German and some of their dialects explained to me that Merkel has no other way out then to say good bye; this as if she allows the UK to stop benefits her own party will "pull" her apart. The German UKIP AfD is demanding more then UKIP and they are gaining in the ex DDR parts of Germany also the Bavarian part of Germany wants an "out" of the EU as being "rich", they are being stripped of assets.

Merkel is playing a game of pokers bluff and hopes that the British will chicken with threats; Germany tried same with Switzerland and it backfired.

The Swiss have voted to limit number of EU citizens going into Switzerland. They have had enough as well and since 2 years have stopped "benefits" - if you haven't worked there for more then 18 months you don't get any benefits.

But all this you can't read in British newspapers and the BBC didn't report on that vote did they ?!

Eu should be a trading arrangement and not a meddling arrangement as it is benefiting some parties"

Am I right in thinking that it's only UKIP that will give us the referendum in May (if they win) whereas Cameron has said it would be 2017 before we would have the referendum? I'm concerned that people will vote UKIP just so they can get the chance to vote to leave the E.U.

I've got tickets for the UKIP autumn conference on 6th December purely because I'm nosey! I'm also going to the labour conference and the plaid Cymru conference.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"I think they would fight like mad to keep us. They need our 10 billion+ a year"

Not only that, but the German economy is in serious doubts, alongside their ability to prop up the Eurozone with 2trillion of debt and negative growth. They don't need us to exit at all, yet are taking a hardline on major issues..

I cant understand how there is such little negotiation on this given it's fragility atm. Repayment with such little notice and no control over our own borders or deportation of criminals are concerns that should be recognised.

If Europe are wanting a single state, they should come right out with it, otherwise they should realise that Europe is a group of nations, each with national problems.

"My hubby who speaks fluent German and some of their dialects explained to me that Merkel has no other way out then to say good bye; this as if she allows the UK to stop benefits her own party will "pull" her apart. The German UKIP AfD is demanding more then UKIP and they are gaining in the ex DDR parts of Germany also the Bavarian part of Germany wants an "out" of the EU as being "rich", they are being stripped of assets.

Eu should be a trading arrangement and not a meddling arrangement as it is benefiting some parties"

A good post. I don't agree with all your conclusions, but still a good post.

By *exine xCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

"I believe the subtext to her statement was 'pay up the 1.7 billion or piss off!'

Oh well, never mind, we've beaten them twice, let's just go for the hat trick "

Erm. Slight problem.

We only have a couple of aircraft and an old Tug Boat left in our Defence Organisations.

We could declare war on the Isle of Wight.

As long as it's not raining or after 3pm on a Friday.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I believe the subtext to her statement was 'pay up the 1.7 billion or piss off!'

Erm. Slight problem.

We only have a couple of aircraft and an old Tug Boat left in our Defence Organisations.

As long as it's not raining or after 3pm on a Friday. "

No, no, not Friday, that's fish and chips day

Erm. Slight problem.

As long as it's not raining or after 3pm on a Friday.

No, no, not Friday, that's fish and chips day "

Can we do it on Rant Thursday? It might give us the 'edge'

"Come the referendum. She might not have any say in the matter

Vote UKIP you know it makes sense

Sits watches and smiles"

Pah...

Why is it the german bitches decision to make, she is not an elected MEP.

As for a referendum i really dont believe we will get one under Dave.

He will re negotiate some bollocks and say thats good enough not to have one

I've had her, she was a lousy shag

"Why is it the german bitches decision to make, she is not an elected MEP.

He will re negotiate some bollocks and say thats good enough not to have one"

Any serious questions over us leaving this Euro debacle will have to go through the proper chanels ...Cowell Brooks Murdoch.

"Why is it the german bitches decision to make, she is not an elected MEP.

He will re negotiate some bollocks and say thats good enough not to have one

Any serious questions over us leaving this Euro debacle will have to go through the proper chanels ...Cowell Brooks Murdoch. "

good for you athena - at least you are doing some research and checking out the options - which is more than most - who rely on second or third hand opinion pieces to work out their politics.

In a complex world there is never a simple answer and trick pony shows like UKIP are a bit like Uri Geller circus acts claiming to have the weight of science behind them. When its all stripped away they will be seen to be bigger fraudsters then than all of the rest..

thanks goodness you said that - blueskies - we might have had an argument -

a three line whip is called for

"Am I right in thinking that it's only UKIP that will give us the referendum in May (if they win) whereas Cameron has said it would be 2017 before we would have the referendum? I'm concerned that people will vote UKIP just so they can get the chance to vote to leave the E.U.

I've got tickets for the UKIP autumn conference on 6th December purely because I'm nosey! I'm also going to the labour conference and the plaid Cymru conference. "

Athena, im sure `Dave` said we will get a referendum only if he cant re-negotiate some new deals. This will be his get out clause, just like the labour part did with the lisbon treaty.

"I would agree with leaving the EU except that if we do the government - of almost any colour - will walk all over workers' rights."

I got that with followed by a sharp click of her heels together and standing to attention.

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

'We have beaten them twice' !!!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Frankly, we need Europe more than they need us.

According to UKIP it costs every person in Britain £3 a day to be part of the EU.

51% of our trade is with Europe, largely due to the fact that there are no customs barriers or restrictions (contrast to 13% of our trade being with the USA). Our exports to the EU amount to give or take £12,0000,000 (billion) a month.

For £3 a day, I'm happy to have unfettered access to that.

I'm trying to care about this. No sorry can't be arsed.

'We have beaten them twice' !!!"

I think he was referring to football .

By *stwo80Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

I bet he was !!

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

'We have beaten them twice' !!!

I think he was referring to football ."

Of course, silly me.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

that sort of comment even in jest at any time is why most people wont vote for ukip..

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Wow!

It amazes me how many people don't understand how Europe see us or exactly how much of our economy is dependant on our membership of the EU.

Fact is we have just been told by the EU and the Germans that there will be no renegotiating of our terms of membership and if we don't like it we can bugger off because they have had enough of the Tory shout of "NO,NO,NO" that we first heard from Thatcher. Seems that the little englanders of the Tory party have eventually found the EU's limit. And will get there wish and take us out.

Will be quite interesting to hear what they will all say when they have to explain to the country why all those foreign companies who have invested in the UK because of our refusal to implement all the EU workers rights doing down the majority of our people in favour of the super rich and business when they all pack up and move because we no longer act as a trojan horse for them to import their products to the EU without paying EU import duties.

that sort of comment even in jest at any time is why most people wont vote for ukip..

"

in a first past the post system "most people "won't have to vote UKIP

Just as any other party doesn't have to have most people vote for them to either form a government or have influence over a parliament

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I will be voting UKIP

"I will be voting UKIP

"

Sure you can do the civil duty of that short walk and a cross but it won't make the slightest bit of difference.

This is a plutocracy ffs that fake democracy they give people is just there to keep the chunnering classes happy.

The only real changes that come from society come from disobedience.

"Frankly, we need Europe more than they need us.

According to UKIP it costs every person in Britain £3 a day to be part of the EU.

51% of our trade is with Europe, largely due to the fact that there are no customs barriers or restrictions (contrast to 13% of our trade being with the USA). Our exports to the EU amount to give or take £12,0000,000 (billion) a month.

For £3 a day, I'm happy to have unfettered access to that."

Hear hear - tina! Real figures not imaginary slights and prejudices

» Add a new message to this topic