FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > High Class - Snobbery or just High Standards?

High Class - Snobbery or just High Standards?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you're not part of the old school tie network, is that snobbery or just high standards?

If you refuse to use the local comprehensive or the local supermarket, is that snobbery, or just high standards?

If the parents in your school don't like a teacher because she has a tattoo is that snobbery or just high standards?

If you refuse to let your kids mix with people from the estate up the road, is that snobbery, or just high standards?

Hyacinth Bucket - this threads for you!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"If you're not part of the old school tie network, is that snobbery or just high standards?

If you refuse to use the local comprehensive or the local supermarket, is that snobbery, or just high standards?

If the parents in your school don't like a teacher because she has a tattoo is that snobbery or just high standards?

If you refuse to let your kids mix with people from the estate up the road, is that snobbery, or just high standards?

Hyacinth Bucket - this threads for you! "

Its not the action that dictates, it's your attitude.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I watch JK sometimes feeling a bit bloody glad my life is nothing like some of those who are on there

Would that make me a snob with high standards?

If so....thank goodness for that

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Just because you're wearing a tie, it doesn't mean to say you're bloody important.

Chumbawamba - Drip, Drip, Drip.

"I watch JK sometimes feeling a bit bloody glad my life is nothing like some of those who are on there

Would that make me a snob with high standards?

If so....thank goodness for that "

"If you're not part of the old school tie network, is that snobbery or just high standards?"

Don't know what that means.

"

If you refuse to use the local comprehensive or the local supermarket, is that snobbery, or just high standards?"

Standards. You're allowed to have them. Looking down on those who choose to use them is snobbery. You're allowed to be a snob, you aren't allowed to make people feel ashamed of their personal choices.

"

If the parents in your school don't like a teacher because she has a tattoo is that snobbery or just high standards?"

Prejudice. A little bit of prejudice is normal, we're afraid of things we don't know because we need to be wary in case it wants to kill us.

"

If you refuse to let your kids mix with people from the estate up the road, is that snobbery, or just high standards?"

Standards, snobbery, and prejudice if you don't know those kids. Looking out for your own is normal. Eventually there will come a time where your kids will have to choose their own friends anyway. They'll sneak about behind yur back to do it if you don't accept their choices.

"

Nothing wrong with having different standards, or being a snob, or being crass. Everyone is allowed to live their life as they choose, without harming others.

It's when you try and shame people for being themselves, or try to interfere in their lives to change them into what you approve of...that's what's wrong.

"If you're not part of the old school tie network, is that snobbery or just high standards?

Just because someone is rich or a professional, doesn't mean they have high standards. I'm from a working class background but had education education and more education drilled in to me from a very early age. Money can't buy class or intelligence. My other half is a teacher, his colleagues are so stuck up, smallminded and snobby, it beggars belief at times. I loathe snobbery. It's ignorance, pure and simple

Sarah x

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Just because you're wearing a tie, it doesn't mean to say you're bloody important."

Obviously because I am bloody important and I very rarely wear a tie.

;-)

By *onestjohn1962Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Hyacinth Bucket - this threads for you! Just because someone is rich or a professional, doesn't mean they have high standards. I'm from a working class background but had education education and more education drilled in to me from a very early age. Money can't buy class or intelligence. My other half is a teacher, his colleagues are so stuck up, smallminded and snobby, it beggars belief at times. I loathe snobbery. It's ignorance, pure and simple

Sarah x"

Love this and agree 100%

I am a council house and comprehensive school kid made good and know lots of people with middle class upbringings who are complete shits and I would not trust them with my dog.

I loathe snobbery too - it is just another form of bullying and that makes me very angry

John x

Hyacinth Bucket - this threads for you! Just because someone is rich or a professional, doesn't mean they have high standards. I'm from a working class background but had education education and more education drilled in to me from a very early age. Money can't buy class or intelligence. My other half is a teacher, his colleagues are so stuck up, smallminded and snobby, it beggars belief at times. I loathe snobbery. It's ignorance, pure and simple

Sarah x

Love this and agree 100%

I am a council house and comprehensive school kid made good and know lots of people with middle class upbringings who are complete shits and I would not trust them with my dog.

I loathe snobbery too - it is just another form of bullying and that makes me very angry

John x"

lol wouldn't trust them with your dog aha.

And yes, you're totally right, it is a form of bullying

Sarah x

One of my regular partners had a very privileged upbringing. He had never been to a council estate when I met him. Never eaten fast food or from a street vendor. Not because he's a snob,just because of his circumstances. Most snobbish behaviour I've met is from people who have bettered themselves and then look down on the people they think they left behind

Hyacinth Bucket - this threads for you!

Its not the action that dictates, it's your attitude."

Snobbery can be upwards as well as downwards.

» Add a new message to this topic