FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > bipolar disorder

bipolar disorder

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have just been told I have I have bipolar disorder. It does explain the mood swings and the highs and lows are there many people on here who have it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

20-25% of people, depending on which statistics you believe, have a mental health problem of some sort so there will be plenty on fabs. How many are in the fora, I couldn't guess.

I'm bipolar.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

From reading replies to forum posts there are a few in the forums that have bi polar, but there are quite a few different types and levels of bi polar, no two bi polar people will be exactly the same

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mental health issues are far more common than you'd believe, it's right what they say about it being good to talk about it I let it slip once that I was suffering with depression and taking tablets only for a few mates to tell me they were on much bigger doses and not to worry

Around 2.5 million people in the UK have bi polar of which up to 15% will take their own lives

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

"From reading replies to forum posts there are a few in the forums that have bi polar, but there are quite a few different types and levels of bi polar, no two bi polar people will be exactly the same"
I completely agree. I have supported someone with a bi-polar disorder for the last 15 years, and in my work I have had a number of people with bi-polar referred to me, in just the same way as no 2 people having bi-polar will experience the same hi's and lows, neither can the adjustments needed be the same. Oddly though, many employers can't handle that, they want it cured without any disruption.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

To the OP, bi polar is not the end of things, but the start of a journey. Make sure you speak up and get what help you need. On the forums are all sorts of people and to be fair when you are down or sad a lot have kind words. I am impressed that you are talking about it has a lot do not.

The bi polar foundation, equilibrium is very good to join lots of help and support. Stephen fry is the ambasseder

I was diagnosed with bi-polar 15 years ago, you learn to live with it

My gran has this, I'm assuming its a pretty severe case or there are other issues as many people seem to live normal lives all be it with low points but my gran used to have a bi-annual period of sheer detatchment from reality.

For about a year now she has been on another planet but still they refuse to section her as they previously did.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Welcome to the club! I'm Bi Polar, and there are lots here who would score quite or very high on the bi-Polar spectrum, although I doubt that many of them even realise it.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It's good that so many people have posted. The more who come out and say it, the better understood it will be. I haven't btw, but work with someone who has.

I'm a sociopath....

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I'm a sociopath...."
I think you're leading us the garden path with that one.

Emily suffers from severe depression and her dad is bipolar.

» Add a new message to this topic