FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Louie Spence

Louie Spence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *cankeep OP   Man  over a year ago

Norwich

You know - normally I can't stand Louie Spence - waaaay too camp.

But I just warmed to him a bit watching him on The Chase (didn't he do well?!)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Great dancer

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

A total bitch. I love him.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Id prefer it if he just stood still for a bit and didnt speak or jump around.

"Id prefer it if he just stood still for a bit and didnt speak or jump around."

So you won't miss him ?

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Well. No not really.

Where's he going?

Irritates me to the core

He's up there with Keith Lemmon

At least Louis is genuine

In pineapple dance studios he was hilarious,my reason for watching it,oh apart from that 80s throwback singer who thought he was talented

hes enjoying life, works hard and makes me laugh

My kids and I bumped into him at an airport and he is one of the nicest celebrities I've met.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"At least Louis is genuine"

Is he? I think sometimes his craziness is a bit forced but he is funny.

"Irritates me to the core

He's up there with Keith Lemmon "

No one is as bad as Keith Lemmon!

He promotes the gay stereotype

The fact people are amused by it is worrying

In my experience the majority of gay men are normal everyday guys not over the top, effeminate, attention seeking drama queens.

There are exceptions but popularising this kind of persona doesn't sit easy with me.

Then again, 'normal' doesn't sell does it ?

"He promotes the gay stereotype

In my experience the majority of gay men are normal everyday guys not over the top, effeminate, attention seeking drama queens.

There are exceptions but popularising this kind of persona doesn't sit easy with me.

Then again, 'normal' doesn't sell does it ?"

i don't think he cares about people's opinions on gay men. Nor should he. If you have a problem with a camp person. .maybe that's something you should consider . Oh and does anyone who posted up about keith lemmon really think he's real ? I was asking someone about that the other day. There will be kids who have only ever seen him in that character who will think it's his actual personality . . Heh . . Makes me chuckle

Is he gay then?

I had no idea

when he went into CBB I was disappointed in him as he wasn't what I was expecting...however I bloody LOVE the chase....my fave gameshow since blockbusters

Then again, 'normal' doesn't sell does it ? i don't think he cares about people's opinions on gay men. Nor should he. If you have a problem with a camp person. .maybe that's something you should consider . Oh and does anyone who posted up about keith lemmon really think he's real ? I was asking someone about that the other day. There will be kids who have only ever seen him in that character who will think it's his actual personality . . Heh . . Makes me chuckle "

I just don't get the persona of Keith lemon, would love to meet the guy out of character though and see what he's truly like

As a gay man he can behave in any way he chooses. That's his personality and he chose the entertainment business as a career probably capitalising on his personality. so what! He represents himself. I am predominantly a straight mother by day and everyday life. Yet I am a bi-sexual swinger when I choose to be. Does that mean I am giving non swinging bi women a bad name. Jesus, I really do think that fab swinging members need to remember that this ain't no place to stand on the moral high ground and judge others. You always get one looking for a PC agenda!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"

not over the top, effeminate, attention seeking drama queens.

"

thank god I am bi, I get away with it

evesham

As a gay man he can behave in any way he chooses. That's his personality and he chose the entertainment business as a career probably capitalising on his personality. so what! He represents himself. I am predominantly a straight mother by day and everyday life. Yet I am a bi-sexual swinger when I choose to be. Does that mean I am giving non swinging bi women a bad name. Jesus, I really do think that fab swinging members need to remember that this ain't no place to stand on the moral high ground and judge others. You always get one looking for a PC agenda! "

Why can't we have morals as swingers??? This is the second time today I've read that we should be more tolerant or that we can't have morals etc. Just cos we like doing the hokey lting down doesn't make us less or even super human does it?!

As for Louis and his persona, surely the fact that so many like him being over the top and outrageous shows a more tolerant society. Years ago he would not have gotten anywhere acting like that.

"

As for Louis and his persona, surely the fact that so many like him being over the top and outrageous shows a more tolerant society. Years ago he would not have gotten anywhere acting like that. "

It worked for Larry Grayson

evesham

"

As for Louis and his persona, surely the fact that so many like him being over the top and outrageous shows a more tolerant society. Years ago he would not have gotten anywhere acting like that.

It worked for Larry Grayson

"

I'm too young to remember him

I just think sometimes people fight so hard against stereotypes that they fail to see that things have moved on and people are more accepting and celebrate the stereotypes rather than berate them.

Juat my opinion though.

"Id prefer it if he just stood still for a bit and didnt speak or jump around.

So you won't miss him ?"

Lol ready aim........ Bugger !!!!!

As a gay man he can behave in any way he chooses. That's his personality and he chose the entertainment business as a career probably capitalising on his personality. so what! He represents himself. I am predominantly a straight mother by day and everyday life. Yet I am a bi-sexual swinger when I choose to be. Does that mean I am giving non swinging bi women a bad name. Jesus, I really do think that fab swinging members need to remember that this ain't no place to stand on the moral high ground and judge others. You always get one looking for a PC agenda!

Why can't we have morals as swingers??? This is the second time today I've read that we should be more tolerant or that we can't have morals etc. Just cos we like doing the hokey lting down doesn't make us less or even super human does it?!

As for Louis and his persona, surely the fact that so many like him being over the top and outrageous shows a more tolerant society. Years ago he would not have gotten anywhere acting like that. "

I have more than morals than most and live by them every minute of my waking day! I have also had to stand up in front of 24 councillors in our local civic centre and fight for swingers rights and defend our choices with regards to the planning of my club. My name has gone in papers and I have to admit to my whole family what I do so do not judge me. My point was, that as swingers, being judged for our lifestyle choices surely we are the last people that should stand in judgement of others! I usually think your posts are diplomatic and fair evie and enjoy your point of _iew but that was a very naïve response.

evesham

I have more than morals than most and live by them every minute of my waking day! I have also had to stand up in front of 24 councillors in our local civic centre and fight for swingers rights and defend our choices with regards to the planning of my club. My name has gone in papers and I have to admit to my whole family what I do so do not judge me. My point was, that as swingers, being judged for our lifestyle choices surely we are the last people that should stand in judgement of others! I usually think your posts are diplomatic and fair evie and enjoy your point of _iew but that was a very naïve response. "

I wasn't judging you,I was questioning a comment that you made. I accept that this lifestyle has its nay sayers which is part of the reason my famliy think I'm just going to birmingham rather than chams lol

Perhaps it is naive of me,but i never said I was perfect. A lot of my opinions and beliefs have changed since I joined here, maybe in time this one will.

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

"Irritates me to the core

He's up there with Keith Lemmon

No one is as bad as Keith Lemmon!"

I have more than morals than most and live by them every minute of my waking day! I have also had to stand up in front of 24 councillors in our local civic centre and fight for swingers rights and defend our choices with regards to the planning of my club. My name has gone in papers and I have to admit to my whole family what I do so do not judge me. My point was, that as swingers, being judged for our lifestyle choices surely we are the last people that should stand in judgement of others! I usually think your posts are diplomatic and fair evie and enjoy your point of _iew but that was a very naïve response.

I wasn't judging you,I was questioning a comment that you made. I accept that this lifestyle has its nay sayers which is part of the reason my famliy think I'm just going to birmingham rather than chams lol

Perhaps it is naive of me,but i never said I was perfect. A lot of my opinions and beliefs have changed since I joined here, maybe in time this one will. "

almost 6 years on here for us and I'm still changing too and learning, and none of us are perfect but I do defend every single swinger to the hilt when it comes to narrow minded bigoted councils and its kangaroo court. I'm a swinger myself (obviously lol), so why would I demoralise myself? Which is why I made the point I did about one of the comments. No-one has the right to judge anyone, whatever walk of life, I apologise if it came across in the wrong way Evie

No-one has the right to judge anyone, whatever walk of life.

An interesting if impossible Ideal.

Gimp

"No-one has the right to judge anyone, whatever walk of life.

An interesting if impossible Ideal.

Gimp "

Its human nature I guess!!

Perhaps it is naive of me,but i never said I was perfect. A lot of my opinions and beliefs have changed since I joined here, maybe in time this one will.

almost 6 years on here for us and I'm still changing too and learning, and none of us are perfect but I do defend every single swinger to the hilt when it comes to narrow minded bigoted councils and its kangaroo court. I'm a swinger myself (obviously lol), so why would I demoralise myself? Which is why I made the point I did about one of the comments. No-one has the right to judge anyone, whatever walk of life, I apologise if it came across in the wrong way Evie "

So if someone stood up in front of the council and promoted an image that, in your opinion, made a mockery of swinging, you wouldn't be annoyed ?

All the prancing and clowning about that man does in the name of entertainment just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

When I compare him with guys I meet in everyday life I see little similarity and zero commonality but, to me, he assists in the propagation that gays are 'nancy boys' and can be used as clowns for the amusement of others.

For that reason, I dislike him.

Now Gareth Thomas last night on Jonathon Ross is a whole different ball game.

Same media, but used far more effectively to promote what is, I believe, a more accurate representation of gay men in 2014.

That is my only beef with Mr Walsh. That his persona is damaging as opposed to strengthening to how gay men are _iewed in society.

If that is seen as judgemental, so be it.

almost 6 years on here for us and I'm still changing too and learning, and none of us are perfect but I do defend every single swinger to the hilt when it comes to narrow minded bigoted councils and its kangaroo court. I'm a swinger myself (obviously lol), so why would I demoralise myself? Which is why I made the point I did about one of the comments. No-one has the right to judge anyone, whatever walk of life, I apologise if it came across in the wrong way Evie

So if someone stood up in front of the council and promoted an image that, in your opinion, made a mockery of swinging, you wouldn't be annoyed ?

All the prancing and clowning about that man does in the name of entertainment just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

When I compare him with guys I meet in everyday life I see little similarity and zero commonality but, to me, he assists in the propagation that gays are 'nancy boys' and can be used as clowns for the amusement of others.

Same media, but used far more effectively to promote what is, I believe, a more accurate representation of gay men in 2014.

That is my only beef with Mr Walsh. That his persona is damaging as opposed to strengthening to how gay men are _iewed in society.

"

Don't watch him, simple as. Who are you to judge him on who he is? Gay or not, he's a flamboyant character! And the phrase 'nancy boys' leaves a bad taste in my mouth, whether your using it to highlight a point or not, its not right and in the eyes of the law its not legal either!

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"You know - normally I can't stand Louie Spence - waaaay too camp.

But I just warmed to him a bit watching him on The Chase (didn't he do well?!)"

He's a bit hyper and over the top and he can be irritating at times but in general I think he's fabulous.

And he was in Cats so that's bonus points from me

Don't watch him, simple as. Who are you to judge him on who he is? Gay or not, he's a flamboyant character! And the phrase 'nancy boys' leaves a bad taste in my mouth, whether your using it to highlight a point or not, its not right and in the eyes of the law its not legal either! "

Oh here we go ... 'in the eyes of the law'

Always tickles me that one

The comeback of the self righteous

ah I get it...because your a mm couple that means your qualified to comment on all things homosexual and how dare any gay male act camp! imagine if all heterosexuals sat on the same pedestal, there would be no such thing as individuals i'm going for a carvery, I cant be bothered

"ah I get it...because your a mm couple that means your qualified to comment on all things homosexual and how dare any gay male act camp! imagine if all heterosexuals sat on the same pedestal, there would be no such thing as individuals i'm going for a carvery, I cant be bothered "

Enjoy your beef

Actually, people like you really disgust me, the gay community have fought for years for rights and equality, now you have it, you have the audacity to sit at your keyboard and vilify an individual for being different because he doesn't fit your ideal criteria of a gay man. how dare you.

"Actually, people like you really disgust me, the gay community have fought for years for rights and equality, now you have it, you have the audacity to sit at your keyboard and vilify an individual for being different because he doesn't fit your ideal criteria of a gay man. how dare you. "

As I said, enjoy your beef

Little doses. I'd want to kill him after a whole day!!

"Actually, people like you really disgust me, the gay community have fought for years for rights and equality, now you have it, you have the audacity to sit at your keyboard and vilify an individual for being different because he doesn't fit your ideal criteria of a gay man. how dare you.

As I said, enjoy your beef"

aw, thank you, I certainly will and I shall also enjoy knowing I don't struggle with my identity, sexual or otherwise and know I'm comfortable with who I am and not looking down my nose at others. Good luck with coming to terms with yourself

"Actually, people like you really disgust me, the gay community have fought for years for rights and equality, now you have it, you have the audacity to sit at your keyboard and vilify an individual for being different because he doesn't fit your ideal criteria of a gay man. how dare you.

As I said, enjoy your beef

aw, thank you, I certainly will and I shall also enjoy knowing I don't struggle with my identity, sexual or otherwise and know I'm comfortable with who I am and not looking down my nose at others. Good luck with coming to terms with yourself "

Chop, chop your beefs getting cold

"

That is my only beef with Mr Walsh.

"

Pssssst Mr Walsh is the one on X Factor

Now mr walsh is indeed a very annoying man ! He reminds me of a kid in the playground going 'ner ner ne ner ner' every time he speaks ! Carvery. . Sounds epic !

"

That is my only beef with Mr Walsh.

Pssssst Mr Walsh is the one on X Factor "

Oops !

Gettin my Louis' mixed up.

I don't mind that one

I love him and all his flamboyancy and split kicks. Julian Clary with his constant talk of arses and anal creeps me out,although he is pretty

Read JC's autobio. . It's really good. . Funny and very candid

» Add a new message to this topic