FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Disgusting..

Disgusting..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nfieldish OP   Couple  over a year ago

Enfield

I think so, I don't know about you lot...

Here's what happened last night....

We went to the pub by bicycle last night....our local, 20 minutes away..... 3 pints and three halves later we are on our way home.....

My good lady pulled up at a junction....got her foot caught, and toppled of her bike.....so she's on the Tarmac in the middle of not a very busy road and she can't move...she's hurt...even trying to make her comfortable resulted in screams of pain...(and shes a northern lass, not given to mithering).....

We called the ambulance..it was 11 pm...... They knew the circumstances, and I'm sure they done their best.... .they arrived at 2:30 am....to find a distressed lady in the middle of the carriageway, freezing cold, shivering uncontrollably, (covered with lots of blankets from the Spurs training ground opposite)...

3 hours + is along time to be laying in the road....I think.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

That is a long time to wait for an ambulance.

Raise a complaint with LAS and find out what happened.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/11/14 09:56:08]

Blimey that's unbelievable

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Hope she had a lid on.

Hope she also has a speedy recovery.

Don't drink and ride. Should have got a cab home

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I would say that delays should be expected this time of year, but 3.5 hours is definitely pushing it.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Not good.

But before slating the ambulance service I'd want to know there were no potentially fatal/more serious accidents that had taken priority.

I'd feel a twat if as a result of a non life threatening accident an ambulance had picked me up as opposed to somebody who later died or was permanently affected.

As I said - not good - but there is often a bigger picture. Hope she's more comfortable today!

A

Not good OP, all the best wishes to the other half, hope she recovers fully soon. Must have been very traumatic.

"Don't drink and ride. Should have got a cab home "

You sow what you reap. No point in blaming others but something you caused yourself.

By *issBanterWoman  over a year ago

Chelmsford

3 hours on a Friday night for a non life threatening call is not bad, I am sure if they did not have other emergencies to attend I am sure they would have gotten to you quicker, and in pain or not you could have helped pull her to the side, and lets be honest 3 pints is over the limit for driving, not sure about 3 halves, is this the same for cycling on the road???

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Hope she's feeling better today.

Enfield

I do understand about priorities... Just wanted a little moan.... Yes she had a lid on, she wasn't tiddly, just a 50ish year old lovely lady that had an accident...

She has a fractured pelvis... I'm off to see her .....thanks for listening..x

3 plus hours is a long time,I can only surmise they were busy with more urgent call outs.No ambulance staff would knowingly leave anyone suffering unless they were otherwise engaged.

Blame your health minister for the cuts in budgets within the ambulance service.

Enfield

"Hope she's feeling better today. "

Ta....operating this afternoon..

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"She has a fractured pelvis... I'm off to see her .....thanks for listening..x"

Oooh, nasty! Hope she feels better soon.

"I do understand about priorities... Just wanted a little moan.... Yes she had a lid on, she wasn't tiddly, just a 50ish year old lovely lady that had an accident...

She has a fractured pelvis... I'm off to see her .....thanks for listening..x"

Sounds painful. Hope she's comfortable and feeling a bit better today. Best wishes x

Enfield

"Don't drink and ride. Should have got a cab home

You sow what you reap. No point in blaming others but something you caused yourself."

Thank you.....don't believe I blamed anyone....

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I do understand about priorities... Just wanted a little moan.... Yes she had a lid on, she wasn't tiddly, just a 50ish year old lovely lady that had an accident...

There's nothing wrong with a moan.

In the same circumstances we'd all probably feel the same - our loved ones are always the priority to us.

Wishing her a speedy recovery!

A

"3 plus hours is a long time,I can only surmise they were busy with more urgent call outs.No ambulance staff would knowingly leave anyone suffering unless they were otherwise engaged.

Blame your health minister for the cuts in budgets within the ambulance service."

Most likely this is accurate, unless there was an issue / error prioritising it.

Shouldn't probably have several drinks and then cycle but at least you wore a helmet.

Hope you're feeling better.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Whatever the circumstances three hours on a cold road with a fractured pelvis must have been awful. The poor woman!

I hope she's comfortable and not too badly in shock.

"I think so, I don't know about you lot...

We went to the pub by bicycle last night....our local, 20 minutes away..... 3 pints and three halves later we are on our way home.....

My good lady pulled up at a junction....got her foot caught, and toppled of her bike.....so she's on the Tarmac in the middle of not a very busy road and she can't move...she's hurt...even trying to make her comfortable resulted in screams of pain...(and shes a northern lass, not given to mithering).....

We called the ambulance..it was 11 pm...... They knew the circumstances, and I'm sure they done their best.... .they arrived at 2:30 am....to find a distressed lady in the middle of the carriageway, freezing cold, shivering uncontrollably, (covered with lots of blankets from the Spurs training ground opposite)...

3 hours + is along time to be laying in the road....I think."

..You left her in the road for 3 hours,Help her back home Don't need us to say that.

Hope she's feeling better soon, sounds like a nasty experience x

Whilst I agree, this was a long time for her to be lying in pain. Im guessing there must have been a genuine reason for the delay.

There is no way, it would take that long to get to her if not.

Hope your good lady is now feeling better. X

"3 hours on a Friday night for a non life threatening call is not bad, I am sure if they did not have other emergencies to attend I am sure they would have gotten to you quicker, and in pain or not you could have helped pull her to the side, and lets be honest 3 pints is over the limit for driving, not sure about 3 halves, is this the same for cycling on the road???"

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

So quite a serious injury then. People can die from breaking their pelvis. I'd definitely lodge a complaint. 3 hours is too long for someone to be left injured at the roadside regardless of if they had been drinking or not. A casualty is still a casualty.

3 hours + is along time to be laying in the road....I think...You left her in the road for 3 hours,Help her back home Don't need us to say that. "

Have you read further down where he says she has a broken pelvis? You don't move someone in that condition yourself, could have done a lot more damage!

evesham

3 hours + is along time to be laying in the road....I think...You left her in the road for 3 hours,Help her back home Don't need us to say that. "

Oi wouldn't move someone so obviously in pain. Could make the injury worse.

Fractured pelvis!? The poor thing. And read your post again and see you were just having a rant. Hope she recovers quickly.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

You don't move anyone after a RTA unless they are in immediate danger, you can cause a lot more damage. Helping a woman with a fractured pelvis to get home would probably have been the worst thing to do!

Clearly didnt read the bit about 'fractured pelvis'.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I don't think he left her and went back to the pub

That is pretty crap op. Hope they fix her up ok

By *teveeb46Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

Hope your wife is feeling much better. I makes me so mad to hear about things like that and lets face it boils down to all these cuts and then a cut on a cut and its the dear old public that has to take the blunt. Hmmm wonder if David Cameron would have to wait that long.

By *aywalton1Man  over a year ago

Walton on the Hill

"Don't drink and ride. Should have got a cab home "

Smoke and fly instead?

That's a nasty injury and it must have been horrible for her and worrying for you to have to wait so long for help. Hope she recovers quickly x

These days even if you get inside an ambulance you can still be fucked, my mates nan died in ambulance in the car park of a hospital not long back. Doctors are having to come out and treat people outside cos there's no room inside. Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery. Shits got to change soon with regards to our country.

"3 hours on a Friday night for a non life threatening call is not bad, I am sure if they did not have other emergencies to attend I am sure they would have gotten to you quicker, and in pain or not you could have helped pull her to the side, and lets be honest 3 pints is over the limit for driving, not sure about 3 halves, is this the same for cycling on the road???"

Section 30 of the Road Traffic Act makes it an offence to drive a bicycle when d*unk. No points can be given but there can be a fine of up to £2,500.

That is not a dig at the OP and it was clearly a very traumatic night.

Sounds very painful and traumatic. Hope you're going to spoil her

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

your local St Johns will assist you with a basic first aid course..

Enfield

Hey all...thank you to those that offered sympathy, it was appreciated, and to the others, thanks for your very helpful comments, I am much indebted......

The lady is getting pinned and plated this afternoon...... Which means no plaster...and on her feet with the aid of a cage....

If all goes well...no need for a replacement...fingers crossed

Ta

[Removed by poster at 01/11/14 12:44:14]

Hope all goes well and that she's back on her feet and feeling well again very soon

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

Its was a long time to wait lying in the road, but you can blame this cameron and all the cuts for that, but under no circumstance should you be drinking then riding a bycycle, its irresponsible to say the least.

Man alive I cant tell you how many times I have fell off like that clipped in spils like that very common amazing that she could have suffered such a serious injury in this way and might go someway to explain why she was not prioritised

I wish her a speedy recovery and hope there is nolasting effects to her mobility

And 3pints and ride home is.nothing get a life folks they just enjoying life a little not d*unk yobs ffs

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Man alive I cant tell you how many times I have fell off like that clipped in spils like that very common amazing that she could have suffered such a serious injury in this way and might go someway to explain why she was not prioritised

I wish her a speedy recovery and hope there is nolasting effects to her mobility

And 3pints and ride home is.nothing get a life folks they just enjoying life a little not d*unk yobs ffs

"

3 pints and then riding home is not "nothing". As pointed out above, it's illegal. If you're over the limit to drive, you're over the limit to ride.

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery, OP.

By *litheroevoyeurMan  over a year ago

Clitheroe

There is no suggestion in the Ops post that they were d*unk. this sort of accident can happen to anyone at any time. I'm sick of holier than thou people assuming this and that from a few sketchy words in a post. I wish the lady a speedy and full recovery.

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

While I have some sympathy with the situation you found yourself in one has to ask why you rode home......after drinking that amount of alcohol it would put you over the limit to drive a car, yet you rode a bike home......better judgement would have been to walk to take a taxi

OP that's a very unfortunate situation, 3.5 hours is an awful long time to wait for an ambulance in any circumstances especially with a broken pelvis!

We hope your wife makes a speedy recovery

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

just as well he didn't if she had a fractured pelvis,you don't move anyone if they are in that much pain until you know whats wrong with them

evesham

"While I have some sympathy with the situation you found yourself in one has to ask why you rode home......after drinking that amount of alcohol it would put you over the limit to drive a car, yet you rode a bike home......better judgement would have been to walk to take a taxi"

Hind sight is a glorious thing.

"There is no suggestion in the Ops post that they were d*unk. this sort of accident can happen to anyone at any time. I'm sick of holier than thou people assuming this and that from a few sketchy words in a post. I wish the lady a speedy and full recovery."

You'd drive home after 3 pints then?

Enfield

3 hours + is along time to be laying in the road....I think...You left her in the road for 3 hours,Help her back home Don't need us to say that. just as well he didn't if she had a fractured pelvis,you don't move anyone if they are in that much pain until you know whats wrong with them "

Thankyou

With a fractured pelvis? How might that have been managed?!!!!!

Im sorry to hear you're partner got hurt and hope she makes a full recovery, yes its discusting she had to wait 3hrs for a ambulance and you should lodge a complaint.you may get a bill for the ambulance too, I did when had a collision with a car with my baby motorbike many moons ago, unless they have stopped that now

however I still think it was wrong for both of you to be drinking when in charge of bicycles, its still a vehicle on the road , it may not have just been your wife that were hurt or she could of ended up even more serious if Collided with a car/van/lorry.you were lucky this time take it as lesson learnt bigtime.

I hope shes ok xx

She could have tripped getting out of a taxi and had the same injury

If she was clogging up A&E every friday and saturday night d*unk and fighting with all and sundry,if she was phoning 999 everytime she ran out of beer then I could understand some of the comments on this thread

It was an accident and accidents happen,3 hrs is a long time especially when you're in pain like she must have been

Wishing her a speedy recovery

evesham

"With a fractured pelvis? How might that have been managed?!!!!!"

She fell off her bike

sunderland

"There is no suggestion in the Ops post that they were d*unk. this sort of accident can happen to anyone at any time. I'm sick of holier than thou people assuming this and that from a few sketchy words in a post. I wish the lady a speedy and full recovery."

the op stated they had over 3 pints, that makes it illegal, would you say the same if someone got in a car and drove after 3 plus pints, laws are there for a reason.

Enfield

"I hope shes ok xx

She could have tripped getting out of a taxi and had the same injury

If she was clogging up A&E every friday and saturday night d*unk and fighting with all and sundry,if she was phoning 999 everytime she ran out of beer then I could understand some of the comments on this thread

It was an accident and accidents happen,3 hrs is a long time especially when you're in pain like she must have been

Wishing her a speedy recovery"

Thank you

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I can only imagine they prioritised based on the information gives on the initial call - fall off bike, in pain, no bleeding or loss of consciousness etc. Friday nights are terrible for emergency services of course and nobody had any idea how bad her injury was.

I hope your wife recovers well and is on some good painkillers. I can only sympathise with you, we recently waited half an hour on the pavement with my 7 year old with a broken leg and that felt like a long time!

"There is no suggestion in the Ops post that they were d*unk. this sort of accident can happen to anyone at any time. I'm sick of holier than thou people assuming this and that from a few sketchy words in a post. I wish the lady a speedy and full recovery.

the op stated they had over 3 pints, that makes it illegal, would you say the same if someone got in a car and drove after 3 plus pints, laws are there for a reason."

I read it that he had 3 pints,she had 3 halves

Enfield

I think I may leave this post now... Thank you to the well wishers for my lady.......

I'm going to get someone to administer a sound thrashing to us both when she's better....

This had everything to do with 3 halves...and nothing to do with low bone density...

Our bad

Xxx

"I think I may leave this post now... Thank you to the well wishers for my lady.......

I'm going to get someone to administer a sound thrashing to us both when she's better....

This had everything to do with 3 halves...and nothing to do with low bone density...

Our bad

Xxx"

I would stay away if I was you,let the perfect and the judgemental fight it out amongst themselves on here,there may be some broken bones at the end of it though

By *litheroevoyeurMan  over a year ago

Clitheroe

"There is no suggestion in the Ops post that they were d*unk. this sort of accident can happen to anyone at any time. I'm sick of holier than thou people assuming this and that from a few sketchy words in a post. I wish the lady a speedy and full recovery.

You'd drive home after 3 pints then? "

Nowhere does it say that his wife drank 3 pints nowhere does it say that his wife was d*unk. People are making judgements based on a very few facts. This is typical of the forum lawyers on here. You are making an assumption that I drive but to play along, no if I did drive I wouldn't do so after 3 pints of beer. However I took a train home last night after 4 pints and suffered no ill effects.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"3 hours + is along time to be laying in the road....I think."

Not good at all, I crashed my motorbike and had to wait nearly an hour before someone came to my aid in 1982. This was obviously pre mobile days, luckily I only cracked a couple of bones and severed three tendons in ma foot.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery OP

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

Moral of the story dont ride a bike pissed

3 hours + is along time to be laying in the road....I think...You left her in the road for 3 hours,Help her back home Don't need us to say that.

Have you read further down where he says she has a broken pelvis? You don't move someone in that condition yourself, could have done a lot more damage! "

..Read it 4 times it says nothing about a broken pelvis

Forum Mod

East Sussex

3 hours + is along time to be laying in the road....I think...You left her in the road for 3 hours,Help her back home Don't need us to say that.

Have you read further down where he says she has a broken pelvis? You don't move someone in that condition yourself, could have done a lot more damage! ..Read it 4 times it says nothing about a broken pelvis "

How about this direct quote?

" She has a fractured pelvis... I'm off to see her .....thanks for listening..x"

I would do a roll eyes but you seem to have used them all up

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

It is a long time to wait, but she might have been a low priority case. If it was a Friday or Saturday it could have been a busy time elsewhere, due to fights at clubs and such like.

Hope she was Ok in the end.

A mate of mine had a compound fracture of the lower leg, he broke it less then 1/4 mile away from an A&E dept. It took the ambulance over an hour and a half to arrive.

sunderland

Nowhere does it say that his wife drank 3 pints nowhere does it say that his wife was d*unk. People are making judgements based on a very few facts. This is typical of the forum lawyers on here. You are making an assumption that I drive but to play along, no if I did drive I wouldn't do so after 3 pints of beer. However I took a train home last night after 4 pints and suffered no ill effects."

he drank 3 pints, he rode his bike on a road, nowhere did I aim this at his wife, I wish her well and a speedy recovery, I merely pointed out that laws are there for a reason.

sunderland

the op stated they had over 3 pints, that makes it illegal, would you say the same if someone got in a car and drove after 3 plus pints, laws are there for a reason.

I read it that he had 3 pints,she had 3 halves"

he had 3 pints and rode a bike on a road, she had 1 1/2 pints and did the same, he was over the limit she was irresponsible, nowhere did I direct purely at his wife, and never said that was the cause of her accident, it certainly wouldnt have helped, I simply pointed out that you shouldnt ride a bike when you have been drinking alcohol.

Nowhere does it say that his wife drank 3 pints nowhere does it say that his wife was d*unk. People are making judgements based on a very few facts. This is typical of the forum lawyers on here. You are making an assumption that I drive but to play along, no if I did drive I wouldn't do so after 3 pints of beer. However I took a train home last night after 4 pints and suffered no ill effects."

He suggests in his OP that he drank 3 pints. I never said it was the wife that drank 3 pints.

He drank 3 pints and rode a bicycle on the road. He would have been over the limit. She would almost certainly have been impaired by the alcohol.

I read it that he had 3 pints,she had 3 halves

he had 3 pints and rode a bike on a road, she had 1 1/2 pints and did the same, he was over the limit she was irresponsible, nowhere did I direct purely at his wife, and never said that was the cause of her accident, it certainly wouldnt have helped, I simply pointed out that you shouldnt ride a bike when you have been drinking alcohol. "

^ this

Have you read further down where he says she has a broken pelvis? You don't move someone in that condition yourself, could have done a lot more damage! ..Read it 4 times it says nothing about a broken pelvis "

You'll find it in the 13th post down. Fractured though, my bad.

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

Nowhere does it say that his wife drank 3 pints nowhere does it say that his wife was d*unk. People are making judgements based on a very few facts. This is typical of the forum lawyers on here. You are making an assumption that I drive but to play along, no if I did drive I wouldn't do so after 3 pints of beer. However I took a train home last night after 4 pints and suffered no ill effects.

He suggests in his OP that he drank 3 pints. I never said it was the wife that drank 3 pints.

He drank 3 pints and rode a bicycle on the road. He would have been over the limit. She would almost certainly have been impaired by the alcohol."

Technically speaking, you cannot be breathalysed for drinking and cycling as those laws are specific to motor vehicles. That's not to say you cannot be prosecuted under other laws..

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

get well soon

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

. Did you just make one call and wait or did you make any follow up calls when they failed to arrive. For safety if someone was on the road I will have called the police just for protection in case someone hit her.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

its very easy to be wise after the event. I hope the lady concerned has had her operation successfully and is comfortable.

3 hours + is along time to be laying in the road....I think.. Did you just make one call and wait or did you make any follow up calls when they failed to arrive. For safety if someone was on the road I will have called the police just for protection in case someone hit her. "

I used to work for the LAS and in those days, there were sensible people in the control room who would automatically liaise with the police as this was clearly a road traffic incident. These days the control rooms are staffed by kids on computers who follow an auto-triage programme. If the patient is breathing normally and is conscious, has no chest pain or arterial bleed, they're a lower priority. Under the current system, a d*unk asthmatic with a cough would be a higher priority.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

ive always had ambulances turn up quickly hope she recovers fast

your lucky they didn't call the police the drink drive laws apply to bikes too and 3 pints is over the limit you could have hurt someone else, it was your choice to get on the bikes after drinking its not other road users choice who may have got involved

He drank 3 pints and rode a bicycle on the road. He would have been over the limit. She would almost certainly have been impaired by the alcohol.

Technically speaking, you cannot be breathalysed for drinking and cycling as those laws are specific to motor vehicles. That's not to say you cannot be prosecuted under other laws.."

That's true, but it is still an offence to ride a bicycle when unfit due to drink or drugs. You can't be breathalysed which means it's up to the police officer to determine if you are d*unk. You can be prosecuted on the basis of that opinion and it can be very difficult to disprove. I think I'd rather have the option of an official, admissible test to verify the situation one way or another.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Is 3 halves over the drink driving limit? I thought it was roughly 2 pints and if she was there 3 hours what would of been the point of calling the police as it would of been out of her system by then anyway

"Is 3 halves over the drink driving limit? I thought it was roughly 2 pints and if she was there 3 hours what would of been the point of calling the police as it would of been out of her system by then anyway"

The comments about drink driving mostly relate to the 3 pints the OP had because he was cycling too.

Also, there isn't a 'limit' as such for cycling. It comes down to whether a police officer considers you to be unfit through drink or drugs to cycle.

I don't drink very often so I could well be showing signs of being d*unk after 3 halves, depending on whether I'd eaten, over what period of time I'd had the drinks, and what exactly they were halves of.

Had the control room also called the police when the ambulance was called it's probable they wouldn't have taken 3 hours to get there, especially if they were told there was a possible hazard on the road.

Yes you can be charged for being d*unk in charge if a bicycle as well as mobility scooter Segway etc

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

your lucky they didn't call the police the drink drive laws apply to bikes too and 3 pints is over the limit you could have hurt someone else, it was your choice to get on the bikes after drinking its not other road users choice who may have got involved "

. I thought the point in calling the police wouldbe to protect her from being run over as she was on a carriageway. In the circumstances I ddon't think the police would be concerned about her drinking three halves of beer , only her personal safety and the ambulance arriving promptly .

sunderland

your lucky they didn't call the police the drink drive laws apply to bikes too and 3 pints is over the limit you could have hurt someone else, it was your choice to get on the bikes after drinking its not other road users choice who may have got involved . I thought the point in calling the police wouldbe to protect her from being run over as she was on a carriageway. In the circumstances I ddon't think the police would be concerned about her drinking three halves of beer , only her personal safety and the ambulance arriving promptly . "

the police wouldnt have been doing there job unless they checked everything out, including why they could more than likely smell alcohol.

Its all bull shit if you ask us it never happened,Sad sad world

evesham

"Its all bull shit if you ask us it never happened,Sad sad world "

Why would he make it up?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Its all bull shit if you ask us it never happened,Sad sad world "

I don't think anyone was asking you.

Care to explain your reasons for thinking a man would pretend his partner had broken her pelvis?

» Add a new message to this topic