FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > moment that changed your life

moment that changed your life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lues4play OP   Couple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

it can be anything from song,etc

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Loosing my bf , after he passed id say a good 6 months after I realised you had to live life to the full. He was only 42 when he died in my arms . You never get over loosing someone and the pain is always there be it not as strong but I woke up one morning and thought you have to grab life with both hands. Life, Love and Laugh and one quote he always said to us was "Reach for the stars" and we try every day.

Wow.

Anything now will seem insignificant but I had a few serious accidents when I worked on farms, including being thrown by a bull ( would of put tossed but I know what you lot are like), had my head jumped on by a BSE cow and thrown across various buildings by electricity, to name a few.

This gives you a different perspective on life and live it to the full.

Vixen nearly died of meningitis when she was three and has the same healthy perspective of life.

Coming round in the back of an ambulance after being ressusitaed By two Spanish paramedics following passing out and suffering a head trauma.

That incident, the minutes leading up to it and the subsequent issues as a result of the head injury and basically being dead. Kinda make you look at life very differently.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A near death accident and my daughter being born.

The day 3 tonnes of steel fell on my left leg and snapped it in half.....6 ops later and 3 years physio later I completed the great north run.....they said it couldn't be done but I made a 100% recovery.

When my son was born. You realise what love really is and nothing else is really that important anymore

"When my son was born. You realise what love really is and nothing else is really that important anymore"

Ditto this

By *ambslass48Woman  over a year ago

Peterborough

Being diagnosed with breast cancer and realising I'm not immortal lol.

Fracturing two vertibrae and being told your not going to walk again.

Never been one to do as I am told nor accept the first thing that I am told either. After months of being in a body cast, physio I lead a normal life.

Well normal might be pushing it but its truly fun having my adventures.

Becoming a mother after being told I would need treatment, no treatment just the best surprise ever.

Watching my older brother pass away in my mothers arms.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've had the near death stuff, the death of a child and a period when I couldn't walk.

The moment that changed my life most recently was looking in the mirror, smiling and accepting me as I am.

A friend getting punched one Christmas Eve, by two cowards. Fell onto a kerb, then died - resuscitated and operated on during Christmas morning. Really reminded our group to be even better friends.

By *andixxxMan  over a year ago

Gloucester

"When my son was born. You realise what love really is and nothing else is really that important anymore"

Same here...never thought i could feel something so intense,until I had both of my sons in my arms...

By *arteeneWoman  over a year ago

aylesbury

"A friend getting punched one Christmas Eve, by two cowards. Fell onto a kerb, then died - resuscitated and operated on during Christmas morning. Really reminded our group to be even better friends. "

5 years ago my daughter was bullied on face book she then took her own life the most saddest time in my life it made me realise That no one or nothingcan ever hurt me lke that again .so I am now me and you either like me or you don't hopefully people like me xxx

Having my children however having the 3rd was the most significant as at 21 weeks of pregnancy i needed emergency surgery to save both our lives but this only gave him a 10% chance of survival (so yes the emotions were immense) but we both came through it not perfectly but all the same we are here to see another day

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

Reading the above and realising my problems are tiny? I'm really not very good with words but *hugs* to all of you xx

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

crossing to the dark side at 21 and opening my eyes to my new life without sight some months and years later

Losing a child and a chance of being a mummy. I didn't get to see you and hold you. : (

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Reading the above and realising my problems are tiny? I'm really not very good with words but *hugs* to all of you xx"

This. A million times this.

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

In January when I was probably at the lowest ebb of my life.

My brothers telling me I was a barmy get and to get a grip.

Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel became my song. Probably sums up that episode and started me back on the road to recovery

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Reading the above and realising my problems are tiny? I'm really not very good with words but *hugs* to all of you xx"

Ditto. I've not had many epiphanies so awed by people who carry on after some of these events.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

It was the moment I realised my bottom had super powers.

"The day 3 tonnes of steel fell on my left leg and snapped it in half.....6 ops later and 3 years physio later I completed the great north run.....they said it couldn't be done but I made a 100% recovery. "

Kids changed my life its never been the same .

I lost a baby with an ex about 10 years ago. It was heartbreaking but I now _iew it as by far the best thing to have ever happened to me. It was the catalyst for so many positive changes for me as a person

Holding my new born son in my arms

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

Emerging from my mother's vaginal canal... Birth changed my life.

[Removed by poster at 01/11/14 11:06:15]

Realising potential for healing

Stardust Nat King Cole

I couldn't agree more I (George) often aay that you don't know what love is until you have children

A cousin sister of mine (my exact age) who died of Meningitis this very day. The night and day is still fresh in my mind. We used to do everything together and spent all our holidays together.

How can you get over something like that?

...changed my outlook in life and my personality. Think that's why i'm rather reserved and don't do attachment well.

Birth of my kids and the death of my husband things have changed a lot

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Losing a child and a chance of being a mummy. I didn't get to see you and hold you. : ( "

I often wonder if I will ever get to be a mum and its a killer 4 years on I'm still bitter with grief abou losing a baby. However I can't let it consume me. I have to think positively that one day I will be a mum. It's a really horrible feeling to have I hate it.

There is another day for me but I won't go into details but that day saved my life and turned my life around.

After finally finding the balls to leave my mentally and physically abusive (now ex) husband of 9 years...I fell head over heels in love with the most amazing guy. He was killed in an accident 6 months into our relationship. He showed me in that very short time how life is meant to be...and i'll be forever thankful to him for that.

I drive my kids crazy playing the song by One Republic 'I Lived' and constantly tell them to listen to the words and live their life by them. I dont want them to waste a minute.

I'm happier than i've ever been...if a bit of a hard faced bitch with the men folk

No more running from abusive boyfriends etc...my life is so calm compared to 10 years ago.

"Losing a child and a chance of being a mummy. I didn't get to see you and hold you. : (

I often wonder if I will ever get to be a mum and its a killer 4 years on I'm still bitter with grief abou losing a baby. However I can't let it consume me. I have to think positively that one day I will be a mum. It's a really horrible feeling to have I hate it.

There is another day for me but I won't go into details but that day saved my life and turned my life around. "

I lost 4 babies (one very late on) but now have 4...it does happen x

"A cousin sister of mine (my exact age) who died of Meningitis this very day. The night and day is still fresh in my mind. We used to do everything together and spent all our holidays together.

How can you get over something like that?

...changed my outlook in life and my personality. Think that's why i'm rather reserved and don't do attachment well.

"

Aww Pops, that is tough and hard day for you today, so hugs. Tomorrow is the anniversary of losing my Mum, 4 years ago, it's a day I don't enjoy, but I am determined to celebrate her life tomorrow.

There are a few for me. One would be my youngest child being born prematurely at 33 weeks after having IVF and an horrendous pregnancy. I had not even finished work and was due to go on maternity leave the following day. It was the scariest day of my life, as moved to 3 hospitals within 2 days of being born. Had to be bagged on the way to the third hospital and thought might not make it. Spending time in a SCBU makes you appreciate life, there were some that did not make it. My baby was lucky and within 2 weeks had turned the corner and despite a few set backs, made a good recovery. You would now never know, they were born premature. I think they were born a fighter and it still shows, as they never give up on anything in life!

"Losing a child and a chance of being a mummy. I didn't get to see you and hold you. : (

There is another day for me but I won't go into details but that day saved my life and turned my life around. "

Big hug. Mine was in 2009. I've given up thinking I will get the opportunity. Age is against me then I would need to find a partner. Tick took

The birth of my daughter.

"Reading the above and realising my problems are tiny? I'm really not very good with words but *hugs* to all of you xx

This. A million times this. "

Same, such a lot of heart break hugs to all of you, you never know what someone else has been through or is going through xx

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Being homeless, finally getting the correct diagnosis of a health problem after 20 years, my brother being killed in a RTA.

There is another day for me but I won't go into details but that day saved my life and turned my life around.

Big hug. Mine was in 2009. I've given up thinking I will get the opportunity. Age is against me then I would need to find a partner. Tick took "

It's that tick tock sound that is driving me Insane and for some reason it won't stop no matter how hard I try to put it too the back of my mind. I just feel like I'm the only one that is hearing it and when I speak to people they just say you are still young etc...I just feel like hitting my head off a brick wall at times

Both parents having life threatening illnesses but after operations and various treatments both are now ok, thankfully.

My best friend who had also been my sister in law for 10 years, died from breast cancer, she was 5 weeks older than me

"Losing a child and a chance of being a mummy. I didn't get to see you and hold you. : ( "

Big hugs hun

Giving birth to my daughter. Then a few years ago giving birth to my stillborn son

When I was 15 I remember looking at my parents arguing over which channel to watch on the tv and thinking is this it!,60 years of meaningless benign twaddle working in an unproductive uninspiring meaningless job before slowly decaying into an old body pissing your bed while teenagers gawk at your ineptitude at doing menial tasks!!!.

And it was at that point I realised, yes thats all there fucking is to this short lived pointless existence.

Get busy living or get busy dying.

By *lues4play OP   Couple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

What fantastic replies to all....

Thank you and it should make us all think how lucky we are. X

"I lost a baby with an ex about 10 years ago. It was heartbreaking but I now _iew it as by far the best thing to have ever happened to me. It was the catalyst for so many positive changes for me as a person"

i lost my son when he was 20 months old, he'd be 20 now if he was still alive, I think about him every single day I still have a huge gap that will never be filled, it was only the fact that I had 2 other children that kept me going as i realised they needed me more than him, I honestly don't think I'd have got through it other wise but I had to stay strong for them

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

That moment when I realised no amount of excuses and blame would ever take away that I was where I was because of decisions I'd made.

I stood up, I walked away and I started again.

To say I never looked back would be a lie. But I look forward a hell of a lot more.

"The birth of my daughter."

Of course, the birth of my son two years later was just as special - but I was already a parent by then.

Standing on a bridge...

One step forward or pullback

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

Hubby falling on top of me - dead by a heart attack at 40.

I still never take my wedding ring off now.. a reminder this life could all be gone in an instant, but we must enjoy what we can while we can.

By *appyguy17Man  over a year ago

walthamstow

Gettin on that plane and coming to England......where the streets were paved with gold.......

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Waking up after four days of being in a coma to be shown a picture of my son and being so happy. Taking him home five weeks later and our family was complete.

For eight weeks everything was perfect until one morning we woke up, our son didn't. I managed to get him breathing before the ambulance arrived. He was taken to hospital but was pronounced brain dead.

We turned off his life support and he died in my husbands arms...1990...I've not been the same since or truly happy.

problems are put sharply into perspective here. the death of my children's mum at 40. the end of an abusive long marriage for my partner. knowing that things can change more radically than you can ever imagine and that the impossible is possible.

Gettin beat with hatchets and hammers

Too much to discuss on here . But the best by far was having my children

Splitting up from the lady I loved. Her asking me back. My telling her I was bi. Her embracing it. Us getting back together. Getting married.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

some of these posts on here are so sad

This thread just goes to show one should never judge a book by its cover - who would know without this how much tragedy so many have faced. Life can be cruel but it does go on and my heart goes out to each and every one of you.

I left a miserable and abusive marriage 11 years ago and four years ago met the most amazing man who turned my life around in so many ways. He taught me to see myself the way other people see me, to believe that I am worth loving and desirable but above all he encouraged (sometimes bullied) me to confront the ghosts of my past and in so doing to liberate myself from them. Our road has not always been easy but there is nobody on earth I would rather travel it with.

By *itzWoman  over a year ago

south wales

hugs to all of you. This is a definate reminder to be kind to everyone you meet as you do not know what pain they are dealing with.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Getting told at 27 that i had testicular cancer.

Losing a baby. Losing a daughter and almost losing another daughter post cardiac surgery

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

walking into a house knowing what I was going to find and going from room to room until I found her.

my mum had committed suicide.

I will never get over it, but I have learned to live with it much better over the last 3/4 years.

"walking into a house knowing what I was going to find and going from room to room until I found her.

my mum had committed suicide.

I will never get over it, but I have learned to live with it much better over the last 3/4 years."

X hugs x

Incredibly sad posts on here Im very sad as I lost my Mum last year to cancer, didnt know she was ill until 2 weeks before she died..she was my best friend..but this is nothing in comparison to losing your partner or worse, your child..so much respect for the people on this post xx

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"hugs to all of you. This is a definate reminder to be kind to everyone you meet as you do not know what pain they are dealing with.

"

Isn't that the truth, such tales of loss, we should remember that - we all have our own cross to bear.

Being diagnosed with early stages of cancer realising you have one life.

The day my sons diagnosis was confirmed and I knew that I would spend years in hospital seeing him suffering from injuries that I could do nothing to prevent.

Luckily for me he is the bravest boy I have ever known and even though I fall apart on the inside every time I see him led in a hospital bed, he always has a smile on his face. I'm a very proud mummy

"hugs to all of you. This is a definate reminder to be kind to everyone you meet as you do not know what pain they are dealing with.

"

I shouldn't need reminding of this, but sometimes I do

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Sending love to all of you with tears in my eyes for you have lost and/ or overcome.

By *iuliettaWoman  over a year ago

DEVIZES

My husband dying at the age of 49, life turned on a sixpence and time drags slowly without him, not even a year since he died, but lonely, sometimes I dont speak to anyone face to face from Friday at work to Monday morning

Some of the posts are very sad mine was when my dad died suddenly. While back now, but everything changed in that moment. Life is short and you never know what's around the corner

» Add a new message to this topic