FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Clique

Clique

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there a clique on the Forum threads?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nooooooooo

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

yes there is. There are cliques in any large group of people its human nature.

By *SweetVioletxWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Not that I have ever noticed.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Yes there's one running now....

(?°?°)?? ???

a bit yeah. people have friends, they like their friends better than their not friends, so cliques are going to happen. it's normal.

not like they exclude anyone or anything.

Its cliquity clique I do know

"Nooooooooo"

I've got a clique of one x

I had to shag someone to get in one

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Is there a clique on the Forum threads?"

I believe there probably is.

Yes, it consists of all the people who didn't give you the answer you wanted on your other thread

[Removed by poster at 01/11/14 00:42:14]

Yep, I have the cliques decoding ring to for decrypting the hidden messages in the forums

"Is there a clique on the Forum threads?

Yes, it consists of all the people who didn't give you the answer you wanted on your other thread "

Not for the first time! Hence my question. I'm all for reasoned debate. Ganging up is another matter

I believe there probably is."

Seems that way, doesn't it? Disagree with someone, fair enough. Disprove with facts and figures, even more so. Mud sling and disparage? No. Too much

Yes there is. Those in the clique either say there isn't, or genuinely don't actually realise that there is!

But it's definitely there, live and kicking!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I believe there probably is.

Seems that way, doesn't it? Disagree with someone, fair enough. Disprove with facts and figures, even more so. Mud sling and disparage? No. Too much "

No, it doesn't seem that way at all.

If someone slings mud and you feel disparaged remember they are an individual not 'the forum'

Report them or ignore them and enjoy what you can.

There are regular posters . . But that does not make a clique. . Get involved and you'll find you are welcome. Post something contentious that may look like a veiled criticism of people, and the response won't be great . If several people don't agree with you. . It's not ganging up, it's a general opinion

I really don't care.

King's Crustacean

"I really don't care. "

Really , really , really ?

or just really ?

"I really don't care.

Really , really , really ?

or just really ?"

Good point...

Really, really, really, reeeeeeaaally

King's Crustacean

Me neither.

There's too much caring about rubbish stuff.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"There are regular posters . . But that does not make a clique. . Get involved and you'll find you are welcome. Post something contentious that may look like a veiled criticism of people, and the response won't be great . If several people don't agree with you. . It's not ganging up, it's a general opinion "

This. Quite a few forum users have been posting for a long time and have gotten to know each other foibles to a certain degree so will tend to post on the same thread. Not a clique, just regulars.

Brighton - even Hove!

"There are regular posters . . But that does not make a clique. . Get involved and you'll find you are welcome. Post something contentious that may look like a veiled criticism of people, and the response won't be great . If several people don't agree with you. . It's not ganging up, it's a general opinion "

This. Quite a few forum users have been posting for a long time and have gotten to know each other foibles to a certain degree so will tend to post on the same thread. Not a clique, just regulars.

"Me neither.

There's too much caring about rubbish stuff. "

Exactly.

I have friends on here and people I enjoy interacting with. Does that make me part of a clique? I dunno and I certainly don't care if someone feels butt hurt because they can't interact on the same level as me or other people. I'm sure if they made as much effort to join in as they do complaining then they'd be fine.

King's Crustacean

and some say things twice

King's Crustacean

and some say things twice

"There are regular posters . . But that does not make a clique. . Get involved and you'll find you are welcome. Post something contentious that may look like a veiled criticism of people, and the response won't be great . If several people don't agree with you. . It's not ganging up, it's a general opinion

This. Quite a few forum users have been posting for a long time and have gotten to know each other foibles to a certain degree so will tend to post on the same thread. Not a clique, just regulars. "

You've just described a clique

"In the social sciences, a clique (CanE, UK /'kli?k/ or US /'kl?k/) is a group of people who interact with each other more regularly and intensely than others in the same setting.[1]"

King's Crustacean

Does your definition include :- exclusion and ridicule toward non cliquettes ?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I wouldn't want to be part of any clique that would want me x

There sure is!

I get ignored all the time on forums, if I'm not being ignored my posts are being ripped apart as it's just not what they agree with!

However I've grown up and moved out of the primary age of

'I'm better then you' and making other people feel shit about themselves, shame that it seems others haven't..

I'm sure this post will get lots of negative feedback too!

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Yes, it consists of all the people who didn't give you the answer you wanted on your other thread

Not for the first time! Hence my question. I'm all for reasoned debate. Ganging up is another matter"

Why is it that when the majority of replies go against someone's opinion that the 'c' word always rears it's head?

Is it not perfectly possible that people simply don't agree with you?

If they all agreed and said "yes, you're 100% right!" Would the same accusation be there?

I somehow doubt it!

A

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Where is Fabio and his pub analogy.

I'm a self confessed regular, with friends I have made on the forum and then gone on to meet.

Cliques are normal. As a regular, even with those friends, I get unfavourable responses, ignored, abuse (this bit not from the friends) and support. How you respond and deal with it is the issue.

As people get to know you and your style you'll find yourself in a clique. It may be the clique of people who moan about a clique but it's no less a clique than the phantom one that is, apparently, everyone else on the forum.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I post what I want and when I want, if others dont like my posts or disagree that's fine I'll still post what I want when I want and everyone else can do the same (although some of the married guys might want to check with their wives first,,, saves an argument )

yes of course they are. mostly are perfectly fine but I have encountered some that just use it as a way to bully people. now that isn't on!

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Clique membership only comes with the Platinum Site Supporter upgrade.

This can only unlocked by having sexual congress with at least 6 members of the clique and paying a tribute to the Grand Imperial Wizard of the Forum Clique.

I could tell you more but then I'd have to kill you.

Not for the first time! Hence my question. I'm all for reasoned debate. Ganging up is another matter

Why is it that when the majority of replies go against someone's opinion that the 'c' word always rears it's head?

If they all agreed and said "yes, you're 100% right!" Would the same accusation be there?

I somehow doubt it!

A"

The forum would be a lot better place If all types of people were welcome on all types of threads, as st end of the day it is a forum it isn't a place for private conversations between friends on here, we should all be allowed opinions and to not have our opinions berated.

You are quite lucky on here as I noticed you are well liked by the 'regulars' so I imagine you could do no wrong!

The rest of us lower people are quite as accepted!

X

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

There are many who post very regularly on a wide variety of subjects and have been doing for quite some time, they have there views and opinions and they share them far and wide, nothing at all wrong with this, that is what the forum is for.

However the clique comes from the ones that constantly hi jack threads by starting there little conversations between eachother that only they no what its about and is nothing to do with the op, or they will contradict themselves by giving 1 person a bit of advice but giving someone else the total opposite advice simply because 1 op was a relative newby and the other was 1 of there own.

there is a clique there 100%, most the time its irrelevant, some of the time it can very annoying to see it, and on a few occasions its horrible to see 1 disagree with a post and a lot of others jump on the post without actually reading it properly.

"There sure is!

I get ignored all the time on forums, if I'm not being ignored my posts are being ripped apart as it's just not what they agree with!

'I'm better then you' and making other people feel shit about themselves, shame that it seems others haven't..

"

What is negative feedback? Is it a response that doesn't agree with your post?

Yes, humans are judgemental and some choose to expose their judgements with less sugar than others.

When there are a flurry of posts all saying more or less the same thing it's individuals posting not a group post.

"Me neither.

Exactly.

I have friends on here and people I enjoy interacting with. Does that make me part of a clique? I dunno and I certainly don't care if someone feels butt hurt because they can't interact on the same level as me or other people. I'm sure if they made as much effort to join in as they do complaining then they'd be fine."

the same level being?

I post in the forums most days, my opinions, my thoughts, I've only ever met one other regular forumite so I can't possibly be in a clique, and I don't feel that there is a negative clique on here

He posts what he wants

He posts what he wants

Johnnysoda

He posts what he wants.

I somehow doubt it!

A

The forum would be a lot better place If all types of people were welcome on all types of threads, as st end of the day it is a forum it isn't a place for private conversations between friends on here, we should all be allowed opinions and to not have our opinions berated.

You are quite lucky on here as I noticed you are well liked by the 'regulars' so I imagine you could do no wrong!

X

"

That's quite ridiculous. Everyone is welcome here, everyone's opinion is valid (as long ad it's not completely ridiculous and blatantly wrong). Join in discussions, get to know people and you'll discover that we're (mostly) a friendly and accepting bunch of perves

Except Obi, he's an 'orrible cunt!

"There sure is!

What is negative feedback? Is it a response that doesn't agree with your post?

Yes, humans are judgemental and some choose to expose their judgements with less sugar than others.

When there are a flurry of posts all saying more or less the same thing it's individuals posting not a group post.

"

On a forum there's going to be people posting their opinions etc but when it's over something so ridiculously simple and small and someone has to be rude it's a bit beyond fair..

I'm more then happy to listen to people if they don't agree with my views as that's how you keep learning in life and especially in the swinging life.. But without the rudeness..

I'm not moaning about "ohh they don't agree with me, that's so unfair" I'm talking about the politeness!

Having thought about this a bit more than I have before, I now think there is a clique but it is not a particularly exclusive one. I used to think there wasn't one because I felt accepted as a relative newcomer on the forum, and more established forum users would interact with me. However once I considered the definition of a clique, in a slightly broader sense, it became apparent to me that I think there is one. I think there was a time I may have been part of it. Now? Not so much, although I still tend to interact with some forum members more than the rest, the frequency and intensity has reduced. On the most part I just post crap into the ether and have very few private conversations now

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Yes, certain people will ignore your reply and jump to the next persons instead

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

"Clique membership only comes with the Platinum Site Supporter upgrade.

This can only unlocked by having sexual congress with at least 6 members of the clique and paying a tribute to the Grand Imperial Wizard of the Forum Clique.

I could tell you more but then I'd have to kill you. "

and here is a perfect example, the op asked a very valid question to gauge peoples views, and someone comes in with this taking the mick, no reason for it and no need for it.

I somehow doubt it!

A

X

That's quite ridiculous. Everyone is welcome here, everyone's opinion is valid (as long ad it's not completely ridiculous and blatantly wrong). Join in discussions, get to know people and you'll discover that we're (mostly) a friendly and accepting bunch of perves

Except Obi, he's an 'orrible cunt! "

I've tried that but like I've said,I get ignored! Or if I state my opinion it's never right!

I think my pet brick has spoke to me more

"Yes there is. Those in the clique either say there isn't, or genuinely don't actually realise that there is!

But it's definitely there, live and kicking! "

Thanks Dan. Was beginning to wonder if others could see it!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I somehow doubt it!

A

X

"

Liked? I suspect I've pissed off as many folk over the years as I've made friends with.

I've also gotten to know many 'new' posters via the forums.

Does that mean threads I start don't die a death? Nope

Does it mean everyone I've ever met/chatted to will agree with me or I with them? Nope

When it gets to the point where I find myself agreeing for the sake of it, kissing arse or 'ganging up' to fit in - I'll step away.

I use the forums to kill time, express my (note 'my') opinion on all sorts of posts from the serious to the mundane to the plain daft. I couldn't care less about who starts a thread, popularity contests, sycophantic butt kissing and blatant 'chuck in a hand grenade to stir up a fight' posts.

People can use the forums for whatever activities they like within the rules. If that involves banter between friends is that exclusive to others? Is it not easy to ignore? There are thousands of threads started each month - it happens. It always will. But it doesn't stop anyone posting their own views/opinions.

If people post to gain popularity, approval or status then they may well find themselves disappointed.

Just post and be damned. Don't worry if it seems sometimes that your words are ignored. They're not. Not every post will be responded to, quoted or receive a pink thumbs up.

It doesn't mean plenty of people don't actually read them.

A

Brighton - even Hove!

"Yes, certain people will ignore your reply and jump to the next persons instead"

Don't get me going on that one!

I somehow doubt it!

A

X

I've tried that but like I've said,I get ignored! Or if I state my opinion it's never right!

I think my pet brick has spoke to me more "

An opinion cannot be wrong, sometime misguided, but never wrong

Stick with it. There are regular posters that know one another, so that could be considered a clique but that doesn't mean other people are excluded. Sometimes if you share an opinion with several other people your post will be overlooked...

You can have a clique without negative connotations - there is most definitely a clique / cliques on here in the purest sense of the word (regular banter partners) and most of the time there is no negativity associated with this.

This thread has been a little sidetracked by exclusion, people with different opinions etc which in itself may or may not be due to the presence of cliques, but going back to the very first opening question by the OP - yes, there most definitely is / are clique(s) here. Just have a general browse on here any night of the week and they become very apparent.

To be absolutely clear though, there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, cliques exist everywhere (I'm part of some) and form part of general human social relationships wherever you go!

"Yes there is. Those in the clique either say there isn't, or genuinely don't actually realise that there is!

Thanks Dan. Was beginning to wonder if others could see it!"

Brighton - even Hove!

Ok then, accepting the premise that there is a fab clique, I should imagine it's not exclusive and people become members of it through time simply by regular posting and joining in. I'd hope so anyway.

I somehow doubt it!

A

X

I think my pet brick has spoke to me more "

Feeling ignored is a common theme on the forum. One of the forum regulars had a whole thread on it yesterday. He described himself as invisible. There are now 152 responses on the thread. I think it may have been posted with more than a little irony either deliberate or unintended, but it just goes to show how the forum works. You are certainly not being ignored now

I somehow doubt it!

A"

Exactly! If people actually read the other thread I was referring to they would understand. This thread was only started because people disagreed with his opinions, facts and figures on a bareback thread!!

There was no ganging up, it was just that people didn't agree with the OP

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

and here is a perfect example, the op asked a very valid question to gauge peoples views, and someone comes in with this taking the mick, no reason for it and no need for it."

Are you part of the 'No Humour on the Forums' Clique??

"Ok then, accepting the premise that there is a fab clique, I should imagine it's not exclusive and people become members of it through time simply by regular posting and joining in. I'd hope so anyway. "

funny you should pop up as I was typing the response above

"There sure is!

"

I'm sure you're right! Ask a simple question, as stated at the top of the page, then get the tin helmet out! Lol. Kind of reinforces the suspicion though, doesn't it?

"

I somehow doubt it!

A

Exactly! If people actually read the other thread I was referring to they would understand. This thread was only started because people disagreed with his opinions, facts and figures on a bareback thread!!

There was no ganging up, it was just that people didn't agree with the OP "

I didn't even see that post haha,I love reading bareback threads me and the hubby cook up some popcorn and enjoy the show!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Ok then, accepting the premise that there is a fab clique, I should imagine it's not exclusive and people become members of it through time simply by regular posting and joining in. I'd hope so anyway. "

I've never met Steve.

But I saw him on cam in the chat room once (no - not doing that!! ) so I know he's not invisible.

We occasionally engage in banter on the forums. Doesn't mean we stalk each other and post on every thread that one or the other does. The same I'd true for others I've not met and some that I have.

This scenario is replicated countless times across the forums between other posters.

If that means a clique exists - so be it. Call it what you will.

To me? It's just the forums.

A

Posting and joining in? Or just agreeing? Is that the way in to the clique that many, above, say exists?

Very true but for us we just post what we want and if we get ignored its not life shattering , we dont moan about it just carry on as per.

As Groucho once said.. I wouldnt want to be in a group where I was a memember

I somehow doubt it!

A

There was no ganging up, it was just that people didn't agree with the OP "

What didn't you agree with? That there are people on fab who bareback? Or my suggestion that they should admit it?

Sure is ... And all it takes to be a part is to post here ... Your in .. Easy really. lol

"Ok then, accepting the premise that there is a fab clique, I should imagine it's not exclusive and people become members of it through time simply by regular posting and joining in. I'd hope so anyway.

Posting and joining in? Or just agreeing? Is that the way in to the clique that many, above, say exists?"

But what if MY opinion happens to be the same as many others, is it assumed that I'm just following the crowd

"There sure is!

I'm sure you're right! Ask a simple question, as stated at the top of the page, then get the tin helmet out! Lol. Kind of reinforces the suspicion though, doesn't it? "

It sure does hun!

I'm only here for meets so as long as I'm doing OK on that front without needing advice, I'm sure I can survive the Forum.. I hope!?

Though I must add the two gentlemen who quoted me are alright

MrsJ

Xxx

and here is a perfect example, the op asked a very valid question to gauge peoples views, and someone comes in with this taking the mick, no reason for it and no need for it."

Thank you

King's Crustacean

"Ok then, accepting the premise that there is a fab clique, I should imagine it's not exclusive and people become members of it through time simply by regular posting and joining in. I'd hope so anyway.

Posting and joining in? Or just agreeing? Is that the way in to the clique that many, above, say exists?"

Far more said it doesn't exist but then people tend to choose the answers they like, that suit their argument and present them as fact.

If you seriously feel that there are certain people you have to emulate in order to be 'accepted' the only decision to make is whether you wish to disengage with yourself and become a Stepfordised fully cliqued up forumite.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, many people who bemoan the perceived existence of a clique do so purely to justify their own lack of popularity or the negative reaction to a thread.

"There sure is!

I'm sure you're right! Ask a simple question, as stated at the top of the page, then get the tin helmet out! Lol. Kind of reinforces the suspicion though, doesn't it? "

What about the posts supporting your position?

If you start with a fixed view and you only accept the 'evidence' that validates your opening position isn't that a clique too?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

No, because most people use the word 'clique' to describe forum regulars. Why would people who have seen most subjects discussed multiple times over the years want sycophants joining in? Just say what you feel and believe, and if you have a point of view that may be considered controversial, don't just pull it out of nowhere. If people are going to post that all women are useless and made of cheese, I'd prefer to see how they get to that opinion.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, many people who bemoan the perceived existence of a clique do so purely to justify their own lack of popularity or the negative reaction to a thread.

"

Funny how it's always the people that can't cope with criticism that say there's a clique.

"Me neither.

There's too much caring about rubbish stuff. "

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, many people who bemoan the perceived existence of a clique do so purely to justify their own lack of popularity or the negative reaction to a thread.

"

Sureky a swinging site isn't based on popularity?

Now I can say that I am being ignored. I posted about being criticised and even abused but I didn't get a or any responses. Does that mean I am in or out of the clique? Which clique? The point is that there are cliques not A/THE clique.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I somehow doubt it!

A

There was no ganging up, it was just that people didn't agree with the OP

What didn't you agree with? That there are people on fab who bareback? Or my suggestion that they should admit it?"

Not wanting to hijack the thread, or pull it off on a tangent.....I've just read that thread and it's pretty clear what people were disagreeing with. But that's a different thread!

Now back to the matter at hand!

A

"There are regular posters . . But that does not make a clique. . Get involved and you'll find you are welcome. Post something contentious that may look like a veiled criticism of people, and the response won't be great . If several people don't agree with you. . It's not ganging up, it's a general opinion

Funny how it's always the people that can't cope with criticism that say there's a clique."

There's criticism but then there's being berated x

Is there a Song to go with this post . lol I feel one coming on ... just picking which one from over the years we all know . lol fab team tune .

King's Crustacean

Sureky a swinging site isn't based on popularity? "

Any social interaction is based on popularity.

Any social interaction is based on popularity. "

I guess I've just been pretty tunnel visoned to not of realised, it's a shame though ain't it really? I was never very popular, I think I've got no chance now lol! x

Funny how it's always the people that can't cope with criticism that say there's a clique.

There's criticism but then there's being berated x"

Sometimes the smell of blood is too much for the hounds

King's Crustacean

I guess I've just been pretty tunnel visoned to not of realised, it's a shame though ain't it really? I was never very popular, I think I've got no chance now lol! x"

You'll be fine. People are fickle.

King's Crustacean

Posting and joining in? Or just agreeing? Is that the way in to the clique that many, above, say exists?

Now I can say that I am being ignored. I posted about being criticised and even abused but I didn't get a or any responses. Does that mean I am in or out of the clique? Which clique? The point is that there are cliques not A/THE clique."

I'd help you out but im ignoring you.

I guess I've just been pretty tunnel visoned to not of realised, it's a shame though ain't it really? I was never very popular, I think I've got no chance now lol! x"

Nah. I think you've ben heard and seen now

Yes, the popularity of cocks, cunts and tits.

There's criticism but then there's being berated x"

That has more to do with the people doing the berating. There are forum regulars I don't like, never agreed with, and never will, but because we've been posting on the forums for a while people will say I am in a clique with those people.

Its an easy way to explain why people might not be successful on the forums, when they haven't considered that maybe their posting style is aggressive and confrontational.

But what if MY opinion happens to be the same as many others, is it assumed that I'm just following the crowd "

Apparently so.

So as we haven't quite come to a conclusion as to if there is/not/couple/plenty of cliques on here.. Can we be friends now

I am really quite a nice person!

The hubby on the other hands boring

MrsJ

Xxx

"

Shit.. Can my tits be popular please?

Funny how it's always the people that can't cope with criticism that say there's a clique."

I've coped with criticism on here pretty well...at least think I have anyway....but I still think there are cliques.

Shit.. Can my tits be popular please? "

Shit is also popular. Or do I mean prevalent?

Personally I don't need or crave mass acceptance and popularity. Never have never will. I say what I think and happily stand my ground. I'd rather be liked by 10 people for who I am than 100 for being a dull sycophant.

I don't think that's the case for everyone though

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've coped with criticism on here pretty well...at least think I have anyway....but I still think there are cliques. "

Same here. There are always cliques where more than three people get together. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing or even a good thing...it just is.

Shit is also popular. Or do I mean prevalent?"

Only if it has sweetcorn in it

Personally I don't need or crave mass acceptance and popularity. Never have never will. I say what I think and happily stand my ground. I'd rather be liked by 10 people for who I am than 100 for being a dull sycophant.

I don't think that's the case for everyone though"

Only if it has sweetcorn in it "

Hokey Cokey I new theres a song to get us all together and a dance .

You put your left arm in

your left arm out

In, out, in, out,

You shake it all about.

You do the Hokey Cokey and you turn around

That's what it's all about...

I've coped with criticism on here pretty well...at least think I have anyway....but I still think there are cliques.

Same here. There are always cliques where more than three people get together. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing or even a good thing...it just is."

yep the cliques aren't very exclusive. ..they let me in from time to time

"

you think that's bad, there's a whole thread on it

"

Some cunts are more popular than others.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Some cunts are more popular than others. "

Bore Da

you think that's bad, there's a whole thread on it "

Seriously? A thread literally about shit?

Oh my..

I bet that was a shit thread...

aggressive and confrontational ha ha

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

cliques no way

"aggressive and confrontational ha ha "
oooo no we are not . lol don't say oooo yes you all are .. lol could go on and on like in panto here.

Some cunts are more popular than others. "

Cunts of a feather flock together

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"

I've been called all of those,, wasn't popular with that crowd,

"aggressive and confrontational ha ha oooo no we are not . lol don't say oooo yes you all are .. lol could go on and on like in panto here. "

oooo yes you all are ,,chrissy is offiacally here!!

"aggressive and confrontational ha ha oooo no we are not . lol don't say oooo yes you all are .. lol could go on and on like in panto here.

oooo yes you all are ,,chrissy is offiacally here!!"

ooooooo no we are not here .

"Me neither.

Exactly.

I have friends on here and people I enjoy interacting with. Does that make me part of a clique? I dunno and I certainly don't care if someone feels butt hurt because they can't interact on the same level as me or other people. I'm sure if they made as much effort to join in as they do complaining then they'd be fine.

the same level being?"

The same level being??

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

I agree with some of the posts on here from people that have been on the forums for a long time, but some of the comments are from new people, so I don't agree with those...??

Also... Some of the posters in this thread would be perceived to be part of a clique.... I bet it would surprise them to know this.... Example... The "invisible" man...... He always seemed very popular to me.... He doesn't think so....

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Can I apply to join the clique?

"Can I apply to join the clique? "

You are in a clique of your own Tina

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Lots of people who are on here have actually met and become friends. Naturally, when they are chatting on here they will reference things that those who have no met them will no understand and will probably see it as some sort of clique.

A definition of a clique is:

"In social sciences, a clique is a group of people who interact with each other more regularly and intensely than others in the same setting. Interacting with cliques is part of normative social development regardless of gender, ethnicity, or popularity. Although cliques are most commonly studied during adolescence and middle childhood, they exist in all age groups."

So, in that sense there is a clique on here as on most forums or message boards. Whether you see that as a negative or not is up to you.

Brighton - even Hove!

funny you should pop up as I was typing the response above "

Yes, I saw no intended irony either, I know I post on here a lot. You have SGS to thank for that.

Lots of people who are on here have actually met and become friends. Naturally, when they are chatting on here they will reference things that those who have no met them will no understand and will probably see it as some sort of clique.

"In social sciences, a clique is a group of people who interact with each other more regularly and intensely than others in the same setting. Interacting with cliques is part of normative social development regardless of gender, ethnicity, or popularity. Although cliques are most commonly studied during adolescence and middle childhood, they exist in all age groups."

So, in that sense there is a clique on here as on most forums or message boards. Whether you see that as a negative or not is up to you."

ah you looked on Wiki too

Yep I agree with you and you've pretty much said (in your final 2 paragraphs at least) what I did over a couple of separate posts earlier in the thread. Maybe we should form our own little clique in that case?

Or maybe I'm just the invisible man (oh, that was a different thread altogether!)

Yes, it consists of all the people who didn't give you the answer you wanted on your other thread "

Haha

yes there is definitely a clique

Maybe you should have said are there people on here who would never disagree with a friend in public or be extra nice to someone because they want some sexy time with them. The sarcasm clique is getting bigger and bigger

"Maybe you should have said are there people on here who would never disagree with a friend in public or be extra nice to someone because they want some sexy time with them. The sarcasm clique is getting bigger and bigger "

No!! Really??

Sorry, couldn't resist.

funny you should pop up as I was typing the response above

Yes, I saw no intended irony either, I know I post on here a lot. You have SGS to thank for that. "

SGS? I didn't think the irony was intended but I still enjoyed it

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

no clique just friends IMO

"yes there is definitely a clique"

Only one?

Brighton - even Hove!

"yes there is definitely a clique

Only one? "

SGS....sad git syndrome

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I wouldn't join any clique...

Never understood why people say there's a clique. The forums are for talking. I type something, people either respond or don't.....it's that simple.

The events and meets section is for shagging

So, in that sense there is a clique on here as on most forums or message boards. Whether you see that as a negative or not is up to you.

ah you looked on Wiki too

Yep I agree with you and you've pretty much said (in your final 2 paragraphs at least) what I did over a couple of separate posts earlier in the thread. Maybe we should form our own little clique in that case?

Or maybe I'm just the invisible man (oh, that was a different thread altogether!)"

I think the Wiki definition is a good one, but other definitions have a negative overtone of exclusivity, that causes defensiveness when the word is used.

"yes there is definitely a clique

Only one?

SGS....sad git syndrome"

Ooh I've got that too...now got a three letter acronym for it

"I wouldn't join any clique...

Never understood why people say there's a clique. The forums are for talking. I type something, people either respond or don't.....it's that simple.

The events and meets section is for shagging "

I don't think I have ever knowingly joined a clique, but could easily be seen as part of one or more

Clique? Swingers Illuminatii?

"Clique? Swingers Illuminatii?"

We are actually all reptilian really.

[Removed by poster at 01/11/14 10:18:24]

[Removed by poster at 01/11/14 10:18:41]

"Clique? Swingers Illuminatii?

We are actually all reptilian really."

lol - anyone remember the t.v. show "V" from the 80s?

"Clique? Swingers Illuminatii?

We are actually all reptilian really.

lol - anyone remember the t.v. show "V" from the 80s? "

Yeah was remade recently. I sell snake oil and have been described as a chameleon

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Where the feck is Fabio???

FABIO!!!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Oh lawd here we go again....

Not sure about a clique and I don't really care but there is a bunch of sheep.

"Where the feck is Fabio???

FABIO!!! "

Fabio the wikiman?

Brighton - even Hove!

"Clique? Swingers Illuminatii?"
yeah, cos they shag with the lights on.

"Oh lawd here we go again.... "

You put your left arm in

your left arm out

In, out, in, out,

You shake it all about.

That's what it's all about... lol xxx

"Oh lawd here we go again....

You put your left arm in

your left arm out

In, out, in, out,

You shake it all about.

"

Oh no we are not!!!!

"Not sure about a clique and I don't really care but there is a bunch of sheep."

Sheep, or people who just happen to have the same opinion

Don't forget the cults.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Don't forget the cults."

Is that a typo?

"Don't forget the cults."

Sure you didn't spell that wrong

Blah,blah,blah,blah,bollocks

"Not sure about a clique and I don't really care but there is a bunch of sheep.

Sheep, or people who just happen to have the same opinion "

Sheep

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Where the feck is Fabio???

FABIO!!! "

Probably in the pub fine tuning his somewhat accurate analogy!!

A

"Don't forget the cults.

Sure you didn't spell that wrong "

No I covered cocks, cunts and tits earlier. You and Ryan must have ignored me.

I mean the cults like Funky bottom cult (I am a devotee) or the Ryan cult. Then there are the women can get away anything cults etc.

People are strange

jim Gimp

Brighton - even Hove!

"Blah,blah,blah,blah,bollocks "

Baa, Baa, baa, baa, bullocks

"Oh lawd here we go again....

You put your left arm in

your left arm out

In, out, in, out,

You shake it all about.

Oh no we are not!!!!"

oh yes you are Baa, Baa, baa, baa . lol

in the night garden

OK Fabio is not coming.

I'll do it.

You see the forum is like a pub and in a pub you wouldn't walk up to the bar, buy a pint of beer and maybe some pork scratchings or cheese & onion crisps. Then if another group of people were there eating another flavour of crisps and maybe drinking wine or a spirit but not beer, you wouldn't go up to them and ask them for a game of pool because the pool table is fucked. I tried last night and lost £3, the landlord wouldn't even refund. Said he would have to call the guy out to look at the mechanism.

Hope this helps.

You've just described a clique

"In the social sciences, a clique (CanE, UK /'kli?k/ or US /'kl?k/) is a group of people who interact with each other more regularly and intensely than others in the same setting.[1]""

Brighton - even Hove!

I think a better anology is like the forum being like a bus. Lots of people on it, some sit at the back and snog, others are on the bus running away from something, others are going to see someone, others sit bored and look out the window, others chat to people they sit next to or get up and move to another seat, some get off, some get on, baggage is stored for the journey but sometimes gets looked at, people laugh, people are happy, some are sad and think they are on the wrong bus. People get on the forum bus willingly but it's up to them how they spend their journey time....

When there are lots of threads going at any one time, in lots of different areas, not just The Lounge - you can pick and choose where to post.

I read a lot of threads, that I may not post on. Doesn't mean I don't agree or find it has made me laugh.

Those that have met others or are friends with them, may post something that others don't fully understand. That is normal though, surely no different to any forum - even the likes of faceache. Some people will always say what others want to hear, others will argue until they are blue in the face, doesn't make either of them a bad person.

I just post what I think, I don't get into arguments on here, as I come to Fab for an escape from everyday life. I like a good debate, but after a long day working and dealing with everyday stuff, I usually just want to have a laugh, flirt and chat.

I think you just have to join in, not worry what others think, just be yourself.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

boy... where do i start...

the thing that some people who like to throw out the word "clique" sometimes tend to forget is that some of the time, these are people who have actually met each other at the various socials or clubs across the country.... so there is a sense of familiarity there...

but you do get the sense that is people aren't greeted like norm from cheers where everyone screams their name like a long lost brother, that some people aren't going to be happy....

i think the thing is that if people don't argee with everything that someone says, the "victim mentality" is very quick to come out... and its easy to throw out words like "clique" because it leaves that person blameless and shifts it elsewhere....

but hey... mud sticks.... right?????

i really dont care if people agree with me if i post something, or if they dont...my opinions are big enough and ugly enough to stand on their own.. I am big and ugly enough to be able to debate them... but some are just so fragile they need reassuring at every turn......

which brings you back to my now famous "pub analogy".... you wouldn't scream clique if you went into a pub and no one spoke to you if you'd never been in before.. you wouldn't do it in most facets of life... but the urge to do it behind the screen of a computer is a discussion in its own right....

anyway... i much prefer being a loose cannon, its way more fun this way!!!

in the night garden

"I think a better anology is like the forum being like a bus. Lots of people on it, some sit at the back and snog, others are on the bus running away from something, others are going to see someone, others sit bored and look out the window, others chat to people they sit next to or get up and move to another seat, some get off, some get on, baggage is stored for the journey but sometimes gets looked at, people laugh, people are happy, some are sad and think they are on the wrong bus. People get on the forum bus willingly but it's up to them how they spend their journey time....

"

Does the bus have wifi? You didn't mention it.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I think a better anology is like the forum being like a bus. Lots of people on it, some sit at the back and snog, others are on the bus running away from something, others are going to see someone, others sit bored and look out the window, others chat to people they sit next to or get up and move to another seat, some get off, some get on, baggage is stored for the journey but sometimes gets looked at, people laugh, people are happy, some are sad and think they are on the wrong bus. People get on the forum bus willingly but it's up to them how they spend their journey time....

"

You forgot the window lickers.

And the rowdy night bus lot!

A

Simple answer, yes x

"

Love this and Fab being like a Bus . Yes lifes a journey your right.

And if a Bus I am taking over the back seat . lol

"

Steve you hit the nail on the head there young fella.

"Maybe you should have said are there people on here who would never disagree with a friend in public or be extra nice to someone because they want some sexy time with them. The sarcasm clique is getting bigger and bigger

No!! Really??

Sorry, couldn't resist. "

Points finger accusingly!!

"There sure is!

"

Ignore em love!Id love to meet em face to face in a Club one day!

"Simple answer, yes x"

"Simple answer, yes x

"

"There sure is!

Ignore em love!Id love to meet em face to face in a Club one day!"

To do or say what?

I think if you think there a Clique there is. And if you don't there is a clique there is no clique its all in the mind .

"There sure is!

Ignore em love!Id love to meet em face to face in a Club one day!

To do or say what? "

I think we are supposed to be intimidated by the thinly veiled threat

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Is there a clique on the Forum threads?I think if you think there a Clique there is. And if you don't there is a clique there is no clique its all in the mind . "

Does it really matter if a clique, just join in have fun, say your Opinions people will ignore, agree or disagree . Everybody is welcome,some people are in here more than others, some know eachother from meeting at various socials/clubs/partys so they will interact more with those people.some have simalar views so interact with those people.

I personally am not the type to stamp my feet crying clique, I go on whatever thread I like