FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Leftovers - anyone any clues??

The Leftovers - anyone any clues??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all, I have watched all 7 episodes and I am still none the wiser as to where this is going or even the point of it, which is a shame as it looked ok after the 1st episode.

What are your thoughts, any buffs out there that know a bit more about this series as I am almost at the point of giving up on it.

Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

I can't believe I am the only person who watches this???

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I've seen them all and I'm non the bloody wiser either! Is that any consolation?

"I've seen them all and I'm non the bloody wiser either! Is that any consolation? "

Yep, it is, it means I am not the only one who isn't getting it yet, thanks

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Seen them all, bit confused. Guilty R obviously know the event was coming, since the flashback episode saw him dressed in white and smoking and a couple of them asked him but why were they talking.

Also were those dummies or dead bodies made to look like the missing

I missed the first couple of episodes. I'm completely lost

I didn't even watch the whole first episode, could tell it was stupid

ive never heard of it

I don't know where it's going, but it's only seven episodes in. I'm enjoying it.

By *tsallaroundMan  over a year ago

merthyr

Watched the entire series streamed off the net it does not get any better

Watched all of it, enjoyed it mostly but doesn't seem to go anywhere... But the thing that irritates me is the name of it!!! Seriously, no one could come up with something that doesnt make it sound like a cheap cookery show?! Just off the top of my head 'the remnant' is about 500 times better sheeesh!!

I don't know any of the characters names

Well I haven't read through this thread other than the opening post as I'm only 4 episodes in and catching up on Sky Go and want to be 'spoiler free'.

I'm quite liking it though, the smoking cult are a bit weird, as is Chris Ecclestone speaking in an American accent (almost as much as John Simm doing the same in The Intruders)

Well i'm glad the general consensus is that no-one has a clue, makes me feel a whole lot better now pmsl!

I'll persevere to the end of the series as long as it is not longer than the usual 12 episodes.

Thanks all

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

We watched the first 3 episodes. It's as if they've had half a dozen writers with 2 dozen weird ideas each that have been binned from other programmes. This is why it's called The Leftovers.

These writers have all written a piece of the script without being able to see what anyone else has written.

Then they've thrown all of the writers' individual pieces together in a tombola drum, spun it round 50 times, pulled out two thirds of them, and filmed what's left in a random order.

It is totally disjointed, there is nothing connecting any of the various themes that run through it, and we find no empathy with any of the characters.

In short it's shockingly awful tripe, and watching it is like losing the will to live.

By *inCity BluesMan  over a year ago

London

"We watched the first 3 episodes. It's as if they've had half a dozen writers with 2 dozen weird ideas each that have been binned from other programmes. This is why it's called The Leftovers.

These writers have all written a piece of the script without being able to see what anyone else has written.

Then they've thrown all of the writers' individual pieces together in a tombola drum, spun it round 50 times, pulled out two thirds of them, and filmed what's left in a random order.

It is totally disjointed, there is nothing connecting any of the various themes that run through it, and we find no empathy with any of the characters.

In short it's shockingly awful tripe, and watching it is like losing the will to live.

"

Yup, this. Watched the same episodes and decided that it's "Lost" for the 2010s - complete bollocks that will run for seven series, remain impenetrable throughout, and leave you mourning the hours you wasted waiting for the hidden meaning.

Oh, and don't bother catching up on "Legends" either - that's tripe too, despite Sean Bean as a Yorkshire-accented American (it's a long story).

I watched the first 3 episodes then fucked it off, was going nowhere.

"We watched the first 3 episodes. It's as if they've had half a dozen writers with 2 dozen weird ideas each that have been binned from other programmes. This is why it's called The Leftovers.

Yup, this. Watched the same episodes and decided that it's "Lost" for the 2010s - complete bollocks that will run for seven series, remain impenetrable throughout, and leave you mourning the hours you wasted waiting for the hidden meaning.

Oh, and don't bother catching up on "Legends" either - that's tripe too, despite Sean Bean as a Yorkshire-accented American (it's a long story)."

Ha, Legends is indeed formulaic clap-trap but if you leave your brain at the door and just want to kill 50 minutes or so it's actually not too bad!

Is this the same as sloppy seconds?

Oh, and don't bother catching up on "Legends" either - that's tripe too, despite Sean Bean as a Yorkshire-accented American (it's a long story).

Ha, Legends is indeed formulaic clap-trap but if you leave your brain at the door and just want to kill 50 minutes or so it's actually not too bad! "

Yeah, I'd agree with that, its ok to pass the time while having dinner or something like that, damn site better than Leftovers that's for sure.

Sod it, i'm gonna jack it in, blue bloods starts again next week so will watch that instead ....

» Add a new message to this topic