FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do women cheat as much as guys are said to??

Do women cheat as much as guys are said to??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For some reason, whenever a relationship ends due to infidelity, its assumed its because the guy cheated.....

Be honest ladies, have you ever cheated?

I did once---the guilt was enough never to do it again!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"For some reason, whenever a relationship ends due to infidelity, its assumed its because the guy cheated.....

Be honest ladies, have you ever cheated?

I did once---the guilt was enough never to do it again!! "

I think men are more likely to act on the temptation.

I cheated many years ago. The relationship was pretty much dead, but still not a good reason to cheat. Like you say, the guilt and shame I felt at being duplicitous, was horrendous! *karma

Sarah x

Having worked in a sexual health clinic I can honestly say that there are plenty of women out there who cheat, I couldn't give you a ratio of women to men but it's a lot closer than you think

I didn't cheat,my husband did. Of all the people I know the proportion of men caught,or openly cheating is much,much higher than women. Maybe they're just useless at not getting caught or not secretive enough

By *wbbabeWoman  over a year ago

clacton

Yeah I have cheated hurts ppl

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Nope, apart from a teenage holiday romance I have never cheated, and no man has ever cheated on me either.

If I did not feel someone was trustworthy I wouldn't be in a relationship with them for more than five minutes anyway, I like to be totally transparent, and choose people who are the same.

I've never cheated, but I've been cheated on.. people will be people, male or female

An interesting mix.....and honest answers too. I don't think I'd be confident enough to assume I've never been cheated on.....I've luckily just never found out I guess would be fairer to say!! X

"An interesting mix.....and honest answers too. I don't think I'd be confident enough to assume I've never been cheated on.....I've luckily just never found out I guess would be fairer to say!! X"

Sarah x

By *ench and StripeCouple  over a year ago

Stenalees

Bit of a grey area from studies I've seen. Depends how cheating is discribed. From a pure sex stance is penis in vagina then men cheat more than women. Bring a wider variety of things like oral sex, intimate touching, masterbation then the odds are about even.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Probably

I am quite certain my husband cheated on me when our children were younger. But as I'm now cheating on him, I am not complaining or looking for sympathy. What goes around, comes around

I have yes

though it didn't feel wrong, for the last 8 years of our marriage we didn't have sex or even share a bed room, didn't feel like a marriage at all, he didn't want me so I felt no guilt in looking elsewhere

No I've never cheated. I don't think I've been cheated on when in a relationship ,but obviously can't say that categorically.

I think years ago more men would cheat .. But now woman are out making more money having more say in life and not putting up with things if unhappy . So yes more woman are if unhappy.

I was accused of cheating, even though I wasn't. The amount of abuse I received from her friends and family was unreal.

It eventually turned out that she was cheatingon me and she got sympathy!

I'll never understand the double standards and why men often get the thick end of the wedge. But I guess that's life....

"I think years ago more men would cheat .. But now woman are out making more money having more say in life and not putting up with things if unhappy . So yes more woman are if unhappy."

ive cheated,once, and felt horrible for ages, years even, about it...

:above post, i think you've made an important point...women cheat because theyre unhappy...but men often cheat just because they can!

"I was accused of cheating, even though I wasn't. The amount of abuse I received from her friends and family was unreal.

I'll never understand the double standards and why men often get the thick end of the wedge. But I guess that's life...."

Interesting. They do say cheaters sometimes accuse innocent partners of cheating. To deflect attention from their own wrongdoing. Found this to be true in lots of circumstances

Sarah x

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"I think years ago more men would cheat .. But now woman are out making more money having more say in life and not putting up with things if unhappy . So yes more woman are if unhappy.

:above post, i think you've made an important point...women cheat because theyre unhappy...but men often cheat just because they can!"

I've had more than one man tell me they cheat because they feel it's expected of them and because they don't feel 'manly' only having one woman

I never felt guilty, I even told my ex and he didn't believe me

my marriage didn't feel like a marriage and I felt I owned him nothing, so I made no effort to hide ythe fact, but when I told him he just laughed and said words along the lines of..yeah good one, who'd want you? He thought I was making it up to make him jealous which gave me the go ahead to do what I wanted really

I don't condone cheating but he had no interest in me sexually so I didn't feel like I was cheating as i wasn't doing anything that would hurt him

"I think years ago more men would cheat .. But now woman are out making more money having more say in life and not putting up with things if unhappy . So yes more woman are if unhappy.

:above post, i think you've made an important point...women cheat because theyre unhappy...but men often cheat just because they can!

I've had more than one man tell me they cheat because they feel it's expected of them and because they don't feel 'manly' only having one woman "

ahahaha! That's the best excuse I've heard in a long time!

Sarah x

By *UFC9Man  over a year ago

Whitley Bay & Tamworth

Do you think Men are more likely to have a one off wham bam thank you mam in the heat and spur of the moment and Women are more likely to have an affair?

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Yep, I haven't got the faithful gene

By *lacoasterMan  over a year ago

benfleet

Men used to cheat more than women in recent past but these days its a level playing field.

Women cheat just as well as men.

I doubt if it can be compared now.

Someone once sent me a link to a book that states something like a quarter of men are bringing up children they think are there own but are not

I didn't persue it as I had no interest and thought it was rubbish,but someone somewhere seems to believe its true enough to research the infidelity

Whitley Bay & Tamworth

"Someone once sent me a link to a book that states something like a quarter of men are bringing up children they think are there own but are not

I didn't persue it as I had no interest and thought it was rubbish,but someone somewhere seems to believe its true enough to research the infidelity

"

I watched a program on this and it was referring to the USA as where the research was done!

"Someone once sent me a link to a book that states something like a quarter of men are bringing up children they think are there own but are not

I watched a program on this and it was referring to the USA as where the research was done! "

Ah thanks I knew I hadn't dreamt it

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think it's got to be 50-50, after all, who are all these men cheating with? One very happy, but very busy single lady?

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

If all these men are cheating then there must be either a handful of knackered women or just as many women cheating cos who are themes cheating with?

Women are probably better at being discreet about it, possibly because historically women had more to lose if a long term relationship or marriage went down the pan.

The women I know who have cheated mostly had little or no attention from their partner. One craves the attention but not the sex

Someone said to me once, "I wish I could be like you, you're very girly but with the morals of a man!"......

She had automatically assumed that, because I was going on dates and nights out with the girls etc that I must be cheating on my husband........she didn't even stop to think I wasn't even married and just happy being single!!! Lol x

Whitley Bay & Tamworth

I watched a program on this and it was referring to the USA as where the research was done!

Ah thanks I knew I hadn't dreamt it"

Worrying statistic though don't you think?

With an ex who I was with 5 years I Cheated a few times as I was unhappy and scared of being alone!

Mrs

My partners ex wife had an affair with his best friend when he was living with them and that was the end of that marriage!

People cheat for all types of reason, I loved the thrill, getting attention etc but I never felt guilty!

[Removed by poster at 30/10/14 12:31:07]

o, not worrying in the least (for me anyway).

The way I see it, even it transpired that I wasn't my children's biological father it wouldn't change a Damn thing. I've been their father since the moment they were born and nothing could ever change that.

A couple of my friends said they have and there boyfriends haven't or so they think! I got cheated on before and it makes hold back from totally falling for someone which is shit!!

Ah thanks I knew I hadn't dreamt itWorrying statistic though don't you think? "

I don't entirely believe that its true,and I have no inclination to check out the claim

By *ugarNspicecplCouple  over a year ago

SCUNTHORPE

I did cheat with a few males off here it was obviously just for sex

I did get caught and felt terribly guilty when I saw how much I'd hurt my partner, I would never do it again ever, I was very lucky he forgave me like he did.

I'm a good very girl now

"I did cheat with a few males off here it was obviously just for sex

I did get caught and felt terribly guilty when I saw how much I'd hurt my partner, I would never do it again ever, I was very lucky he forgave me like he did.

I'm a good very girl now "

Go to a country park car park after 5 pm or lunchtime and see how many woman turn up to meet men , don't think all the woman are single

Mmmmm I love a cheating wife, the sneaky sex is explosive and intense

"Go to a country park car park after 5 pm or lunchtime and see how many woman turn up to meet men , don't think all the woman are single "

What parks this? On my way

"Mmmmm I love a cheating wife, the sneaky sex is explosive and intense "
I bet it would be too if the other half found out . lol

"Mmmmm I love a cheating wife, the sneaky sex is explosive and intense I bet it would be too if the other half found out . lol"
Yes it would be as well, you can be careful tho if you time it on a Saturday afternoon during the fotbal 3pm to 5pm

"I never felt guilty, I even told my ex and he didn't believe me

my marriage didn't feel like a marriage and I felt I owned him nothing, so I made no effort to hide ythe fact, but when I told him he just laughed and said words along the lines of..yeah good one, who'd want you? He thought I was making it up to make him jealous which gave me the go ahead to do what I wanted really

I don't condone cheating but he had no interest in me sexually so I didn't feel like I was cheating as i wasn't doing anything that would hurt him "

I want you x

"A woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing. A man's is tested when he has everything".

In my experience that quote is true

By *ovemenotWoman  over a year ago

yeovil

I never had sex or sexual contact with a guy when I was married but I had a VERY Close male friend that I talked all the time and spent a lot of time with we told each other we loved each other . My ex used to say it was worse than cheating as it was deeper . My ex fucked every thing that crossed his path .

Ive bull cheated before, dont know if ive been cheated on and dont care to find out tbh, I have a few inclines I was but who knows

""A woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing. A man's is tested when he has everything".

In my experience that quote is true "

I have never ever cheated, I make the rules therefore it is impossible for me to cheat.

Ah thanks I knew I hadn't dreamt itWorrying statistic though don't you think?

I don't entirely believe that its true,and I have no inclination to check out the claim "

From the dusty annals of my uni days, wasn't there a study looking a blood groups in London in the eatly 70's that had to be abandoned as 20% of the fathers couldn't have been biological daddy according to blood group?

Ah thanks I knew I hadn't dreamt itWorrying statistic though don't you think?

I don't entirely believe that its true,and I have no inclination to check out the claim

From the dusty annals of my uni days, wasn't there a study looking a blood groups in London in the eatly 70's that had to be abandoned as 20% of the fathers couldn't have been biological daddy according to blood group? "

I blame all that guy from on the buses

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Do women cheat as much as men? Yes probably...

I know a fair few who regularly cheat on their husbands/partners. I tell them that I don't want to know any details and not to come crying to me when it all goes tits up.

I did

While in a sexless marriage

And instead of getting out like I should have

I embarked on a 4yr affair

With a guy 10yrs younger

And to this day he has a secret account on fb and messages me ever week

hence he's married now and I'm the single one

Never cheated in my life until I came on here, every partner I have had has cheated on me, last one used escorts and dating sites on a regular basis, sadly I still love him, if you cant beat em join em,

"I never felt guilty, I even told my ex and he didn't believe me

I don't condone cheating but he had no interest in me sexually so I didn't feel like I was cheating as i wasn't doing anything that would hurt him

I want you x"

bloody he'll I've pulled on a cheating thread, I love this site

Men are not as savvy so I think it's a case of men get caught more!

"I was accused of cheating, even though I wasn't. The amount of abuse I received from her friends and family was unreal.

I'll never understand the double standards and why men often get the thick end of the wedge. But I guess that's life.... Interesting. They do say cheaters sometimes accuse innocent partners of cheating. To deflect attention from their own wrongdoing. Found this to be true in lots of circumstances

Sarah x

"

absolutely!!!

my now ex wife cheated on me with a workmate they even contrived to empty my bank accounts sell my cars and got me kicked out of the marital home and this is were the law stinks because she was in there with my 3 kids and that twat i had to leave so cheating in an evil and soul distrying thing to do

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

I have never cheated , it have been cheated on ... I think any study of cheating is flawwed as the cheats won't necessarily admit to it , so who is to say

"my now ex wife cheated on me with a workmate they even contrived to empty my bank accounts sell my cars and got me kicked out of the marital home and this is were the law stinks because she was in there with my 3 kids and that twat i had to leave so cheating in an evil and soul distrying thing to do"

Absolutely gutted that you had to go through all of that......great to see you've well and truly moved on and good to see you're on here xx

its an interesting debate. my x wife cheated on me. sure it was a thrill she got out of it. the secrecy and sneaking around. i knew of 2 of them. never said nothing and it kept our marraige on its toes. since found ot she had a long term affair too. that was kept bloody quiet

"its an interesting debate. my x wife cheated on me. sure it was a thrill she got out of it. the secrecy and sneaking around. i knew of 2 of them. never said nothing and it kept our marraige on its toes. since found ot she had a long term affair too. that was kept bloody quiet "
How did you keep shtum!?

Sarah x

"They do say cheaters sometimes accuse innocent partners of cheating. To deflect attention from their own wrongdoing. "

I found this out when I discovered an ex of mine had cheated on me. He accused me several times even though he knew damned well it wasn't true

Wathc cheaters with joe greggo, might be on tonight, good program lol.

My mate has just thrown his wife out for cheating on him a second time. He forgave her a year ago.

couldnt a second time.

I think it's about equal but I believe men are more likely to initiate it. I know so many guys who are constantly trying their luck with other people.

The reasons tend to be different too. I think men often cheat because they're bored, women because they feel neglected.

"They do say cheaters sometimes accuse innocent partners of cheating. To deflect attention from their own wrongdoing.

I found this out when I discovered an ex of mine had cheated on me. He accused me several times even though he knew damned well it wasn't true "

Yep it's such a giveaway!

Sarah x

"Wathc cheaters with joe greggo, might be on tonight, good program lol."
ah I love this show. Joe Greco was the best host, I can't quite take to this new one

Sarah x

I think years ago more men travelled alone met more people etc. while women were left at home in a smaller social group so more men had opportunity, these days that is not the case. Women work, travel etc as much as men. So they are not stuck with the milkman as the only available prospect. So I would guess equality reaches into cheating too.

Don't really know or care much as long as I don't do it, and I hope that L doesn't want to either.

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'll duck after I've written.

I believe it takes at least 3 people to create an affair. And I speak as both a cheat and one who was cheated on. My ex and I were not suited. He had a fling in the run up to the wedding. I'd slept with someone else before our 2nd anniversary. While separated the year before our final split I almost reunited with my ex fiancé (though I didn't sleep with him, emotionally it put my marriage at far more risk than a one nighter with some random). Eventually when we split he was cheating with my then best mate. But actually it was just the last straw. He wanted a traditional wife. I wanted to experience life.

I was on the rebound from the fiancé, he'd only ever had casual flings till me and I was his first love.

Interestingly just read this somewhere and thought I'd share.....

Women who have nothing in their relationship feel the need to cheat....

Men who have everything in their relationship feel the need to cheat!

I give up!!!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes they do I am very sure,but they are better at not getting caught.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Men are not as savvy so I think it's a case of men get caught more!"

"If all these men are cheating then there must be either a handful of knackered women or just as many women cheating cos who are themes cheating with?

Women are probably better at being discreet about it, possibly because historically women had more to lose if a long term relationship or marriage went down the pan."

By *hris148Man  over a year ago

"

that stat is probably true in Jeremy Kyle's green room

The last time I read anything on this the results were 15% of women and 21% of men but that was based on those who admitted to it you have to assume they were honest lol.

kept quiet about it because it didnt affect our lives. the first one was a friend of hers. well her hubby. and i sort of encouraged it along. just to see. the second one, well never thought she would has he was 62 and she was 38, but she was seen 3 times with him..

» Add a new message to this topic