FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Government sucks

Government sucks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know there needs to be cut backs but why do they always have to pick on the weak. Today I found out they were stopping the free swimming for kids which is a fantastic scheme and pensioners. Plus no free bus pass till 65. If your already recieving it you can keep it but if you turn 60 this year you have to wait till 65. Bulky waste items used to get up to 5 items collected per year now its £23.50 per item. What other cut backs have they brushed under the carpet

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

errrr,

schools in disrepair..

NHS cutbacks.. looks like PCT's could take a hammering.

Police cutbacks.

Benefits.

i could go on, this country has gone to the dogs, and i hate it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Never head any of these free when my son was young i used to pay to have him taught at the private school, costly but worth while. As for bus passes, its been obvious for along while ago that state pension age is changing. Im sorry but im fed up of people moaning about the cutbacks, the cutback affect EVERYONE of us in some way shape and form. If we want a better country for the young ones to come into there has t be cutbacks we cant have our cake and eat it. I would face any cutbacks to get the poor young ones jobs who really do want to work and are getting so down hearted. I was in the library yesterday afternoon (now i live in a small town) yet there where lots of free activities for the kids to do over the summer holidays. I also brought my son up as a single mother yet he never went without a thing as i just made my own cut backs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Think everybody is taking the hit, not just the weak... everybody thinks they are hard done by, and no doubt everybody is, we both work in the public sector and we have also taken a hit. A couple of million here, couple of 100,000 there soon adds up. not condoning it, just accepting it, the good times are over... cheers Blair / Brown!!

I totally agree have had and paid for swimming lessons and library fantastic have signed my youngest up for the summer reading programme and all the other activites. Its just that the weakest of the bunch always suffer.

"Never head any of these free when my son was young i used to pay to have him taught at the private school, costly but worth while. As for bus passes, its been obvious for along while ago that state pension age is changing. Im sorry but im fed up of people moaning about the cutbacks, the cutback affect EVERYONE of us in some way shape and form. If we want a better country for the young ones to come into there has t be cutbacks we cant have our cake and eat it. I would face any cutbacks to get the poor young ones jobs who really do want to work and are getting so down hearted. I was in the library yesterday afternoon (now i live in a small town) yet there where lots of free activities for the kids to do over the summer holidays. I also brought my son up as a single mother yet he never went without a thing as i just made my own cut backs"

Yeah Diamond, but it would be nice to pay for my cake and at least have a morsel of it left to eat when I eventually do retire

As Eddy Izard said in his party political broadcast "these tories are all Thatchers children, be afraid, be very afraid"

Looks to me like we are back to trying to run the country like a household budget, and sadly it is a lot more complex than that. All these cuts will just mean more unemployment and a lot of misery for those on the bottom of the heap.

"As Eddy Izard said in his party political broadcast "these tories are all Thatchers children, be afraid, be very afraid"

Looks to me like we are back to trying to run the country like a household budget, and sadly it is a lot more complex than that. All these cuts will just mean more unemployment and a lot of misery for those on the bottom of the heap."

OMG.. someone who actually listened to the Labour party PPB without thinking of Eddy Izzard in make up and stockings

Hey I may be a mere male, but I too can multitask you know

By *onny BonesMan  over a year ago

a block away from heaven

polotics yuck, hate the situation we're in, but I didn't vote so partjy to blame

Yep its a tough time and its going to get a hell of a lot tougher for sure,sometimes its good to take a step back and value the simple things in life,as in you have good health so you have everything???

But a step back t the early 1900's where you worked till you dropped ??

Now surely that cannot be a healthy option

"Yep its a tough time and its going to get a hell of a lot tougher for sure,sometimes its good to take a step back and value the simple things in life,as in you have good health so you have everything??? "

please read this one again people all we seem to hear these days is I want this, we need that, well we cant afford it! so do without, maybe people will learn to use there imagination and think now it cant all be bought or provided for them.

Back to the days of make do and mend not squander ad gluttony

Just remember there are some people on this earth who have

ta walk five miles ta get fresh drinking water

If things ever get that bad that's the time to complain

It may well teach the next generation a much needed lesson xx

Well done that man under the soap suds!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Couldnt agree more than with the last two posts. We all are far too greedy these days, (me included)

Nothing wrong with a greedy non materialist girl!!!

By *ouple4funnewCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

wow slow down and go back

ypou say you know there have to be cutbacks... why?

did you know the central banks are private banks? the bank of england is privately owned by 13 banking families which are known as THe Crown . like the fed reserve

not many people actually know this but they create money outpof nothing to loan to the government (fiat banking) which is no longer backed by gold (fractal recerve banking loaning out 10 times actual money they hold)

its the biggest scam on the planet - to silve this problem we dont cut services we expose the scam

governments can simply issue their own currenc y without going to the central banks and loaning with interest

every time they issue currency it is issued with debt

think about it

that means there is more debt than currency to pay it back

so how do they pay it back

theough our labour and they take our assests if we fail on the loan

its a genius scam and we need to wise up pretty f**king fast before we end up like Greece and the IMF takes away our soverignty

which was as Keynes said in 50s was the aim of the IMF and world bank with the bank of Int settlemenst in Switzerland as teh main central bank

we lose our schools pensions and health care but hey....like the mafia say its nothing personal its just business! nothing personal

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Think a lot of ppl seem to forget that it was the banks and not the Labour party that caused todays situation (and it is worldwide)but the fatcats in the banks and not the average bankworker as the cuts affect them too are still sitting pretty thanks to us bailing them out.

And it is no surprise that the banks are back to thesame big bonus risk culture that put us in this mess and the predictions are it will be worse when it all crashes down again.

What are the government doing to stop them ZILCH.

Oh im all for recycling have organized a local swap shop in my community for tomz having a good clear out of old clothes and toys and taking them to swap hope if it goes well will be doing it on a regular basis. Big society.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Plus no free bus pass till 65. If your already recieving it you can keep it but if you turn 60 this year you have to wait till 65."

can i just put the free bus pass thing into some kind of context....

up till a few years ago the free bus pass age thing use to be the same as the retirement age... which was 65 for men, and 60 for women..... so labour levelled out the anomoly of the different ages under age discrimination law.....

but if they are now going to push up the retirement age for both up to 66... then I don't see a problem with raising the bus pass age up to 65...

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"I know there needs to be cut backs but why do they always have to pick on the weak. Today I found out they were stopping the free swimming for kids which is a fantastic scheme and pensioners. Plus no free bus pass till 65. If your already recieving it you can keep it but if you turn 60 this year you have to wait till 65. Bulky waste items used to get up to 5 items collected per year now its £23.50 per item. What other cut backs have they brushed under the carpet"

I think you'll find it is your local council which has done this.... not Westminster.

Yes and its a bummer. Now with out the swim passes how many young people will be swimming in unsafe places.

"I think you'll find it is your local council which has done this.... not Westminster."

As a result of central govenrment cutting the payments it makes to local authorities.

Agreed, cuts need to be made, but it is not true that when the public sector sheds jobs the private sector can take up the slack (at least not in the short to mid term). the huge cuts in public spending we are curently having foistered on us will remove a huge chunck of demand from the ecconomy and so the ecconomy will contract and there will be more people on the dole, leading to lower pay and bigger DWP bills. As for the old people, should have had more kids, or had them earlier in life, then we wouldn't have an aging population. I don't have much sympathy as when i get to retirement age it will be up at around 80. the retirement age was set at 65 when people only used to live to 60 (on average) and most men used to work in manual trades, old age does stop u from digging up roads, but not from sitting at a desk. We all have to pitch in, after all it's working people who pay the pensions and older people who bought al the cheap houses........

"I know there needs to be cut backs but why do they always have to pick on the weak. Today I found out they were stopping the free swimming for kids which is a fantastic scheme and pensioners. Plus no free bus pass till 65. If your already recieving it you can keep it but if you turn 60 this year you have to wait till 65. Bulky waste items used to get up to 5 items collected per year now its £23.50 per item. What other cut backs have they brushed under the carpet

I think you'll find it is your local council which has done this.... not Westminster."

But Westminster cut the funding to the Local Councils..........!!

By *ouple4funnewCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

the labour party helped it along, they are all Fabians

Brown and Blair passed the 1998 banking Act which gave the court of directors at the bank of england complete power despite teh facade that this has been a 'nationalised' bank since 46 (which was a lie too)., they stop regulating the investment industry following this to manufacture the collapse

its all written about in th books by the foundations that run this corrput system

check out Tragedy and Hope by Prof CArrol Quigley

all this is a farce and a scam to create a world central bank by detroying soveriegnty through debt

its a scam they pulled in the 30s on a smaller scale

its like watching a car crash in slow motion when you actually read the published works from decades ago of how they intend to bring it about

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

The Bank of England is a public entity, it is owned by the Government.

It is entirely accountable to the Government of the day.

Remember back to the days of Thatcher, never again will a Government of the United Kingdom be allowed to play games with interest rates, double digit interest rates lost tens of thousands of families their homes and closed tens of thousands of businesses.....which was the reason for the 1998 Bank of England Act.

Many right wing think tanks have since tried to make the ridiculous conspiracy link to the Fabian Society, but I for one am bloody glad that my small business won't be brought down by spiralling commercial interest rates.

" the huge cuts in public spending we are curently having foistered on us will remove a huge chunck of demand from the ecconomy and so the ecconomy will contract and there will be more people on the dole, leading to lower pay and bigger DWP bills. "

Er... the economy GREW by 1.1% in the last quarter. You may wish to check your facts & figures.

"errrr,

schools in disrepair..

NHS cutbacks.. looks like PCT's could take a hammering.

Police cutbacks.

Benefits.

i could go on, this country has gone to the dogs, and i hate it "

Do you really hate this country ? or do you just hate the politicians that run it (past and present)

I mean do you hate your right to say you hate the country without fear of imprisonment or torture ?

Do you hate our soldiers that are putting thier lives on the line every day to keep bombs and drugs out of British streets

Do you hate the countries Fire Brigade ?

I could go on, I usually do.

A couple of years ago I went to live and work abroad, truth be told I would love to have stayed there but my family circustances changed, cut me open I have a union jack runnning right through me, I hate the politicians and the position they put us in, and this does not feel like the country I was born in, but I love it and would put my life on the line for it, if I did hate it I would leave.

"wow slow down and go back

ypou say you know there have to be cutbacks... why?

did you know the central banks are private banks? the bank of england is privately owned by 13 banking families which are known as THe Crown . like the fed reserve

not many people actually know this but they create money outpof nothing to loan to the government (fiat banking) which is no longer backed by gold (fractal recerve banking loaning out 10 times actual money they hold)

its the biggest scam on the planet - to silve this problem we dont cut services we expose the scam

governments can simply issue their own currenc y without going to the central banks and loaning with interest

every time they issue currency it is issued with debt

think about it

that means there is more debt than currency to pay it back

so how do they pay it back

theough our labour and they take our assests if we fail on the loan

its a genius scam and we need to wise up pretty f**king fast before we end up like Greece and the IMF takes away our soverignty

which was as Keynes said in 50s was the aim of the IMF and world bank with the bank of Int settlemenst in Switzerland as teh main central bank

we lose our schools pensions and health care but hey....like the mafia say its nothing personal its just business! nothing personal "

The bank of England was nationalised in 1946!!!!!!!!!!!!The last goverment printed 175billion pounds Quantatve easing !!!!!!!!! Your talking bollocks

we knew the cuts were comin and lets face it its gonna be a lot worse before it gets better!

il stick my neck out here and leave myself open to abuse but i really dont care! the welfare bill is deplorable for this country we have over 2.5 million on incapacity benefit(i could be wrong cant be arsed goin to look figures) , granted many of these are genuine cases but there are a few who could work IF there was jobs or could be doin voluntary work but dont want to! the same ones who normally moan about "immigrants" takin "our" jobs the jobs they dont want!!

then we have pension age increasing, as someone said this was ok in the days of industry where if you got a few years pension before you croaked it from an industrial illness now we are livin longer and how do we pay for this?

single parents moanin and im a single parent before you start sharpenin the knives, cant get childcare bollocks government pays 80% of it get a childminder or become one, you get grants for training and equipment etc! i worked 4 jobs at one point no csa no nothing to make sure kiddo had everythin she needed!

or go into further education and advance your chances. i know the job market shit just now but sometimes you got to take the worst jobs just to have your pride!

minimum wage is a rip off as according to the joseph rowantree foundation you need a minimum of 7.20 a hr to participate fully in society if the government maybe upped it work would pay better than sittin on benefits!

i give the tories to next election then they will be out because people will have had enough but if it gets the country on its feet fair play to them, if it means the rich gettin richer on the back of the poorer in society then i for one will party when their arses are on the pavement!! x

Torquay

The economy played right into the Tories hands to be honest, they are licking their lips at being given the perfect excuse to snatch back most of what has been given to working class people over the last 13 years.

Just seen on the news that Cornwall Council is to lose 30% of their budget from central government, it has already been estimated today that this will mean over half of Cornwalls subsidised rural bus routes could go within two years, a quarter of all frontline police officers will have to go and no road improvement schemes for the duration of this parliament.

I fully expect to see a Two year freeze on Minimum wage this autumn, but still barely a word from the Tories about the bankers bonuses....after all, they are not likely to be Labour voters are they?

i think we headin for a double dip recession to be honest and i think they enjoy it as it means more necessary cuts for the sake of the country.......

its back to TINA!

but really it might just be enough for people to get up off their arses and say enough is enough! x

Whats tina. I have been waching fairy job mother on channel 4 and a lot of people are in such a rut they dont know how to get out of and think its easier to stay on benifits but last night the guy who was made redundant was on the verge of suicide and so demoralised had me in tears.

By *motep150Man  over a year ago

walsall

yes but its labour who got the country nigh on bankrupt,,13 yrs borrowing,makes no odds who,s in ,a debt is a debt n it has 2 be paid,regardless how difficult the decision 2 cut n save,,labour shud av closed the borders yrs ago,,asylum shd b asked at 1st nuetral country,,then dispersed across the globe,,not a free pass 2 uk,,

Torquay

The thing is the Tories ALWAYS go for tht throat of the weakest, there are upwards of Two and a Half Million perfectly fit unemployed people in the country yet they are concentrating on those who are Incapacitated.

Lets get jobs for those that we know to be fit and healthy enough to work first, then concentrate on medicals for those who are Incapacitated/Disabled.

If we truly want to get Britain working again we need intense investment in businesses so that these jobs are created, if I was given incentive to take on one or two extra staff by the government I would, but they are not doing enough to get us hiring again.

In fact by scrapping the Regional Development Agencies they are doing exactly the opposite, they are actually making it more expensive for small businesses to take on new staff.....it's total bollops!

"The thing is the Tories ALWAYS go for tht throat of the weakest, there are upwards of Two and a Half Million perfectly fit unemployed people in the country yet they are concentrating on those who are Incapacitated.

"

You mean they are targetting those shirkers who are claiming incapacity benefit yet go and ref a football match on Sunday morning or do the Great North Run etc etc.

All the Tories are trying to do is establish those who are legitimately incapacitated and continue with their benefits whilst removing those who are conning the system to a very hefty tune.

Torquay

"The thing is the Tories ALWAYS go for tht throat of the weakest, there are upwards of Two and a Half Million perfectly fit unemployed people in the country yet they are concentrating on those who are Incapacitated.

You mean they are targetting those shirkers who are claiming incapacity benefit yet go and ref a football match on Sunday morning or do the Great North Run etc etc.

All the Tories are trying to do is establish those who are legitimately incapacitated and continue with their benefits whilst removing those who are conning the system to a very hefty tune."

You don't take a sledge hammer to crack a nut, the amount of fraud in Incapacity (incidentally a Thatcher benefit introduced to fiddle unemployment figures in the late 80's)

is even by admission from the treasury relatively minor.

Compared to fraud in tax evasion and VAT evasion Incapacity benefit hardly registers on the richter scale!

They targeted this minority of fraudulent Incapacity claimants because it makes good print for the Daily Mail, Daily Express and The Sun.

Shock headlines are used to deflect the public gaze from deeper underlying problems.

They should (even by senior Tories admissions) be concentrating on kickstarting the economy and creating jobs.... removing all forms of investment in jobs, including cutting the DWP staff budget by 20%, will not get employers taking new staff on in the kind of numbers the economy needs.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

I signed on last Monday for the last time, having informed the clerk I had found employment and requested I be signed off, huh, oh no, not that simple, one has to call an allocated number as he wasn't authorised to do it!!

I called the number and requested I be signed off, what seemed like an interrogation, name / address / DOB / and a whole host of other questions, not once were words such as please / thank you used, I asked the clerk to show a little curtsey as I had, back came “who ya gona work for” I refused to give details of my future employer, I don't see what relevance it has on a database (I have a distrust of government databases) only for the clerk to state: if ya refuse to give details of ya employer I'm terminating the call, bye!!!!!!!

The sooner this coalition government sorts out civil servants the better.

Torquay

Just read today that the 'Action for Employment' and 'Pathfinders' employment schemes are to have their budgets hit by a 40% cut in funding.

According to DWP figures A4E alone got 76,000 people back into work in 2009, they do great work outside of the confines and distrust people have of the DWP yet even such a great employment scheme is going to be cut off at the knees.....it begs the question, do the Tories REALLY want to get the country up and running again, or is it all being done to get back at the average Joe and his family?

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

All the Tories are trying to do is establish those who are legitimately incapacitated and continue with their benefits whilst removing those who are conning the system to a very hefty tune.

You don't take a sledge hammer to crack a nut, the amount of fraud in Incapacity (incidentally a Thatcher benefit introduced to fiddle unemployment figures in the late 80's)

is even by admission from the treasury relatively minor.

Compared to fraud in tax evasion and VAT evasion Incapacity benefit hardly registers on the richter scale!

They targeted this minority of fraudulent Incapacity claimants because it makes good print for the Daily Mail, Daily Express and The Sun.

Shock headlines are used to deflect the public gaze from deeper underlying problems.

They should (even by senior Tories admissions) be concentrating on kickstarting the economy and creating jobs.... removing all forms of investment in jobs, including cutting the DWP staff budget by 20%, will not get employers taking new staff on in the kind of numbers the economy needs.

"

Two points :

For a woman who has stated on here that she claimed a domestic fridge on her business VAT return, you're a fine one to speak of Tax Evasion and Fraud.

Just what the hell has the DWP staff budget and cuts thereto got to do with employers setting on extra staff? In my time employing a significant number of staff, all staff were recruited to the needs of the business, fuck all to do with the DWP.

"Whats tina. I have been waching fairy job mother on channel 4 and a lot of people are in such a rut they dont know how to get out of and think its easier to stay on benifits but last night the guy who was made redundant was on the verge of suicide and so demoralised had me in tears."

TINA was maggies sayin there is no alternative to explain the savagery against the working class all in the apparent name of making britain great again. its synomous with her and also this lady is not for turning.

i watched that last nite too and felt so sorry for that guy but at least he had a happy ending in that he got a job that he loved x

Yeah the GOVERMENT STINK! they have cutback on the full shebang!!

IN FACT : wouldnt surprise they find a away of getting people to "pay tax" on those little "nippy run arounds" citreons c1 i bet.

cant believe u dont pay tax on them!

Torquay

Still harping on about that?.....we need to get this straight AGAIN.

What I actually said was that as a VAT registered business I could buy a fridge for my kitchen at home and claim the VAT back on it through my business....what I NEVER said was that I did it, I don't need a sodding fridge for my kitchen thanks very much.

I pointed out that this loophole is open to VAT registered members of the public and not to little old ladies like my neighbour.

So now maybe as I have repeated this for a THIRD time to you, maybe you can get on someone elses case?

Jeez, learn to read a post properly before assuming too much.

Torquay

And cutting the budget of the DWP, resulting in a 20-25% cut in jobs in Jobcentres, is hardly going to increase the capabilities of the DWP to get people into employment is it?

Bradford

Yep, still harping. And yes, i can read.

We beg to differ. I recall a further poster calling it fraud at the time.

"Yeah the GOVERMENT STINK! they have cutback on the full shebang!!

IN FACT : wouldnt surprise they find a away of getting people to "pay tax" on those little "nippy run arounds" citreons c1 i bet.

cant believe u dont pay tax on them! "

You still pat tax on fuel and VAT on buying one.

Torquay

"

We beg to differ. I recall a further poster calling it fraud at the time."

You can beg to differ as much as you like, the truth is that if you go to any branch of Makro you will find business owners buying all sorts of luxury goods and putting them through their businesses.

The government (succesive governments) choose to call this a VAT loophole and not a VAT fraud, but the truth is VAT evasion is massive.

It is a recorded fact that VAT fraud is the single biggest area of fraud in the UK.

It dwarfs Income Tax fraud and Benefit Fraud, it even dwarfs Housing Benefit fraud....which is totally out of control.

I have three jobs a good one, a naughty one plus I do an avon round there are jobs out there if you look hard enough. You have to make your own way in life nobody is going to give you a helping hand. Welfare is supposed to be a stop gap when needed not a lifestyle choice. Generation after generation on welfare who know all the loop holes they are the ones that need to be targeted. I have a family across the road two generations in household living on benefits and now there 15 year old is pregnant. Or the people who keep having children to get welfare wrong, wrong, wrong 2 ladie at school one is on her 6th child and the other belive it or not is on her 9th both getting moved to bigger houses to accomodate and gets paid per child.

there must be a new thing on as i had phone call last nite from tax credits bit queryin last years claim in regards to my self employment status. i asked the lady phonin and she said everyone who was self employed last yr and claimin were being checked? luckily i was all legal and above board and nothin dodgy x

Torquay

"there must be a new thing on as i had phone call last nite from tax credits bit queryin last years claim in regards to my self employment status. i asked the lady phonin and she said everyone who was self employed last yr and claimin were being checked? luckily i was all legal and above board and nothin dodgy x"

And the Tories claim they are the party of business and are actively encouraging people to start their own businesses?

If they start on the Tax credits of many small business owners they will simply add to the queues at the Job Centres.

Cut Trident now!

Notts you got a bucket and a shammy go cleaning cars and windows.

Bradford

"

You can beg to differ as much as you like, the truth is that if you go to any branch of Makro you will find business owners buying all sorts of luxury goods and putting them through their businesses.

The government (succesive governments) choose to call this a VAT loophole and not a VAT fraud, but the truth is VAT evasion is massive.

It is a recorded fact that VAT fraud is the single biggest area of fraud in the UK.

It dwarfs Income Tax fraud and Benefit Fraud, it even dwarfs Housing Benefit fraud....which is totally out of control.

"

Don't distort the truth now by quoting Makro.

Bradford

"

And the Tories claim they are the party of business and are actively encouraging people to start their own businesses?

If they start on the Tax credits of many small business owners they will simply add to the queues at the Job Centres.

Cut Trident now!"

Cut Trident?

Won't that mean a loss of a great many jobs from your beloved Military machine?

However i do agree. Trident is an outdated very expensive DEFENCE system.

Would it not be better calling for a cut in the very expensive OFFENSIVE Military action such as Afghanistan.

Torquay

"

Don't distort the truth now by quoting Makro."

Have you ever been to Makro?

Half the electrical goods they sell are put through company accounts as business purchases, they end up on end of year accounts sheets as articles purchased for business and end up in peoples houses.

VAT needs an urgent overhaul, but as it favours the more wealthy in society it won't ever be on the agenda of a Tory government.

Have you yourself ever had a business that is VAT registered?

By *yonhartMan  over a year ago

walsall

too lr now govt changed ,,labour had the perfect oppotunity 2 govern how banks work wen they came with the beggin bowl,but bungling brown screwed up again

Bradford

"too lr now govt changed ,,labour had the perfect oppotunity 2 govern how banks work wen they came with the beggin bowl,but bungling brown screwed up again

No! that was the tories!! they forced n i say again--FORCED! him out. "

Saved his, and yours apparently, own party from doing it.

Bradford

Forgive me peeps for i am going to sin.

Gordon Brown is the best man that ever lived ( not )? Nottsmale36 is the best man that ever posted.?

Only one way to find out. FIGHT!!!!!!

I know who my money, ooops i mean huge debt is on.

Where's Wilson and Healey when you need them...income tax us all at 90% and that will sort the mess out...surely it will?

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Where's Wilson and Healey when you need them...income tax us all at 90% and that will sort the mess out...surely it will?"
maybe that is the answer to those wankers sorry bankers who pay themselves millions for loosing our money in the merry-go-round they call the shitty sorry city money markets.

And I would go for 98% for the shits.

moston

^^^^ you've got to leave them something to pay their NI conts with

Just a thought but surely if a person is so against something they should put their money where there mouth is and enter politics themselves and try and effect change from the inside?

And don't say it cant be done because it can xx

moston

"Just a thought but surely if a person is so against something they should put their money where there mouth is and enter politics themselves and try and effect change from the inside?

And don't say it cant be done because it can xx"

If that was directed to me, I was a member of the Young Conservatives and very active until joining HM Armed forces. After leaving HM armed forces in late 82 and seeing the damage done by Thatcherism, I joined the the Labour Party however I was expelled in the early 90's because my politics were too radical.

Now if you can recommend a truly social democratic home for me I would sign up and be an activist again.

"And cutting the budget of the DWP, resulting in a 20-25% cut in jobs in Jobcentres, is hardly going to increase the capabilities of the DWP to get people into employment is it?

"

Job Centres? Don't make me laugh lol .. They are the people LEAST guaranteed to assist you in finding employment... unless you are a complete dimwit with no scope for bettering yourself and happy to work in a fookin hand car wash with some Lithuanians who are working cash in hand. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence is deemed over-qualified for any job the Job Centre may have on offer and are encouraged to 'stop wasting their time by applying for jobs that the needy need more than you need it'.

moston

"

Well i wont join ya! lol "

Why?

You may find that my brand of social democracy mixed with national strength in a federal Europe would be very appealing

Bradford

"

Well i wont join ya! lol

Why?

You may find that my brand of social democracy mixed with national strength in a federal Europe would be very appealing"

National strength in a federal Europe?

You got any particular country in mind? I can't think of one.

moston

"

Job Centres? Don't make me laugh lol .. They are the people LEAST guaranteed to assist you in finding employment... unless you are a complete dimwit with no scope for bettering yourself and happy to work in a fookin hand car wash with some Lithuanians who are working cash in hand. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence is deemed over-qualified for any job the Job Centre may have on offer and are encouraged to 'stop wasting their time by applying for jobs that the needy need more than you need it'. "

So because what they do, and who they help are beneath you, they and those they help are worthless and only good for your derision. I think you have some serious issues.

"Just a thought but surely if a person is so against something they should put their money where there mouth is and enter politics themselves and try and effect change from the inside?

And don't say it cant be done because it can xx

If that was directed to me, I was a member of the Young Conservatives and very active until joining HM Armed forces. After leaving HM armed forces in late 82 and seeing the damage done by Thatcherism, I joined the the Labour Party however I was expelled in the early 90's because my politics were too radical.

Now if you can recommend a truly social democratic home for me I would sign up and be an activist again. "

It was actually a general comment not directed at any individual if i ever direct posts at individuals i always make it patently obvious xx

"

Job Centres? Don't make me laugh lol .. They are the people LEAST guaranteed to assist you in finding employment... unless you are a complete dimwit with no scope for bettering yourself and happy to work in a fookin hand car wash with some Lithuanians who are working cash in hand. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence is deemed over-qualified for any job the Job Centre may have on offer and are encouraged to 'stop wasting their time by applying for jobs that the needy need more than you need it'.

So because what they do, and who they help are beneath you, they and those they help are worthless and only good for your derision. I think you have some serious issues.

Yeah too rite that person does!! "

And just what would you know about it. I've seen you agree with dozens of posts on this thread, who in themselves are arguing against each other - yet you agree with both sides.

I wouldn't call it fence sitting as that requires a few basic essentials, such as a cerebrum.

Bradford

"

WELL IM STILL VOTING LABOUR THROUGH N THROUGH,,,THICK N THIN,,,,I WILL ALWAYS VOTE LABOUR TIL I DIE.

THANK U. "

*coffin for no 36* lol

just jesting, wouldn't want owt to happen to yer

moston

"It was actually a general comment not directed at any individual if i ever direct posts at individuals i always make it patently obvious xx"

No worries, and please accept may appology if offence was given. It is just that I have come to understand that my own political views vary from those of you and most others by quite a degree in a lot of areas. So in answer to what I took as a very serious post with a very worthwhile point being made, I gave a full and frank answer with an opening for you (or others) to expand the subject in a positive way.

Bradford

" It is just that I have come to understand that my own political views vary from those of you and most others by quite a degree in a lot of areas. "

A bit optimistic of finding a suitable democracy, social or otherwise?

Bradford

"As old saying goes:

ONE DAY THESE FIELDS WILL BE GREEN AGAIN.

BUT

in labour point of view:

ONE DAY THESE FIELDS WILL BE RED AGAIN.

that ok 4 ya!

*skates off!* lol "

Cue an apt song :

Dire Straits : Skateaway

Thanks Gordon Brown, not.

moston

[Removed by poster at 28/07/10 20:02:33]

Torquay

"[Removed by poster at 28/07/10 20:02:33]"

Patrick Moore?

moston

" It is just that I have come to understand that my own political views vary from those of you and most others by quite a degree in a lot of areas.

A bit optimistic of finding a suitable democracy, social or otherwise?"

^^^who was it said "we are all in the gutter, only some of us are looking at the stars...."

moston

"[Removed by poster at 28/07/10 20:02:33]

Patrick Moore?"

could be but I would not be wild about that answer

Bradford

" It is just that I have come to understand that my own political views vary from those of you and most others by quite a degree in a lot of areas.

^^^who was it said "we are all in the gutter, only some of us are looking at the stars....""

Oscar Wilde Beest?

A bit optimistic of finding a suitable democracy, social or otherwise?"

I'm quite happy with the democratic process we already have. I mean, it must be a bloody good one because it's just allowed us unelect a total shower of wankers and usher in a new government who are putting in place polices that will make this country prosperous once more. Although I suspect that the people who voted for the aforemention shower of wankers may disagree with me, but, well, who cares cos they lost, fortunately.

moston

^^^who was it said "we are all in the gutter, only some of us are looking at the stars...."

Oscar Wilde Beest?"

Indeed, and dont you think h had a point?

Torquay

"And cutting the budget of the DWP, resulting in a 20-25% cut in jobs in Jobcentres, is hardly going to increase the capabilities of the DWP to get people into employment is it?

Job Centres? Don't make me laugh lol .. They are the people LEAST guaranteed to assist you in finding employment... unless you are a complete dimwit with no scope for bettering yourself and happy to work in a fookin hand car wash with some Lithuanians who are working cash in hand. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence is deemed over-qualified for any job the Job Centre may have on offer and are encouraged to 'stop wasting their time by applying for jobs that the needy need more than you need it'. "

I beg to differ, both my shop manager and assistant manager came through DWP referrals, they were both previously in retail management and are far from being 'dimwits'. They were just unfortunate to have been caught up in the closure of their previous employers.

The young trainee I have just taken on board through the 'Action for Employment' organisation who are contracted to the DWP, is a fabulous find. She is hard working and will end up running the new website shop we are opening in the autumn.

So your views on the Jobcentres are a little out of date and out of touch with reality Wishy....

Bradford

I beg to differ, both my shop manager and assistant manager came through DWP referrals, they were both previously in retail management and are far from being 'dimwits'. They were just unfortunate to have been caught up in the closure of their previous employers.

The young trainee I have just taken on board through the 'Action for Employment' organisation who are contracted to the DWP, is a fabulous find. She is hard working and will end up running the new website shop we are opening in the autumn.

So your views on the Jobcentres are a little out of date and out of touch with reality Wishy...."

Kin hell, that was quick. Offering someone a job this afternoon. It was only this lunchtime you were decrying a lack of Government incentives to set someone on.

Torquay

So your views on the Jobcentres are a little out of date and out of touch with reality Wishy....

Kin hell, that was quick. Offering someone a job this afternoon. It was only this lunchtime you were decrying a lack of Government incentives to set someone on.

"

She started with me in late June.....is that ok with you?

Is it old age that makes you so tetchy?

Bradford

Is it old age that makes you so tetchy?"

Best not express my views on old age on here, you'd not like.

Torquay

Is it old age that makes you so tetchy?

Best not express my views on old age on here, you'd not like."

Time for you to haunt someone else for a change?

moston

"

I'm quite happy with the democratic process we already have. I mean, it must be a bloody good one because it's just allowed us unelect a total shower of wankers and usher in a new government who are putting in place polices that will make this country prosperous once more. Although I suspect that the people who voted for the aforemention shower of wankers may disagree with me, but, well, who cares cos they lost, fortunately. "

Of course you are, because you believe that you are one of those who will remain relatively untouched by the storm that is coming, however I wonder how you will feel in 5 years time when this Tory government has pushed social justice and meritocracy back 20/30+ years while lining their political masters pockets.

Of course no matter what anyone says you will always blame the last government for the current economic situation. The fact that it is a world wide phenomena and that it was caused by initially by the US banks defrauding other world banks. Further that the debts world wide are as a result of bailing out the banks seems to float over your head. As does the fact that the whole world (except for the Tory/Lib UK government) acknowledges that it was Browns leadership in quantitative easing (something Cameron opposed) that has saved us from a global depression. But as you said, you are thankful for the cut announced and the ones to come, I notice nothing to control the shitty (sorry city) so far, could this be because they OWN the Tories you voted in?

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

and didn't we have a wonderfull time under labour?,blair blindly following the yanks into 2 wars,brown selling all our gold reserves whe market was at an all time low,blair signing up for the human rights treaty ignoring the warnings of the french and germans and now we are paying for it when we cannot send myurdering terrorists back to country of origin as they would be wanted for crimes there so we have to keep them in luxury here!.

yes weren't the last government truly bloody wonderful?.

"

So your views on the Jobcentres are a little out of date and out of touch with reality Wishy...."

Beg to differ as much as you like (now where did I hear that just recently), your experiences of Job Centres is obviously from an employers perspective whereas mine, albeit quite some time ago, was from the perspective of someone who didn't have a job and ended up facing a tiresome little oik who had nothing better to do than to point out to me that they had no openings in the telecoms industry and that they didn't really get vacancies looking for that calibre of person and that they dealt with warehouse staff mainly. I was over-qualified he said.

Now maybe it's entirely different down there in touristic Torquay but in Downtown Luton I can give you a cast iron assurance that if you ever open a chocolate shop there - don't look to the Job Centre for the kind of staff you have just taken on board, because you won't get them - the Job Centre people won't have a clue how to advertise for them.

Bradford

"

I'm quite happy with the democratic process we already have. I mean, it must be a bloody good one because it's just allowed us unelect a total shower of wankers and usher in a new government who are putting in place polices that will make this country prosperous once more. Although I suspect that the people who voted for the aforemention shower of wankers may disagree with me, but, well, who cares cos they lost, fortunately.

Of course you are, because you believe that you are one of those who will remain relatively untouched by the storm that is coming, however I wonder how you will feel in 5 years time when this Tory government has pushed social justice and meritocracy back 20/30+ years while lining their political masters pockets.

Of course no matter what anyone says you will always blame the last government for the current economic situation. The fact that it is a world wide phenomena and that it was caused by initially by the US banks defrauding other world banks. Further that the debts world wide are as a result of bailing out the banks seems to float over your head. As does the fact that the whole world (except for the Tory/Lib UK government) acknowledges that it was Browns leadership in quantitative easing (something Cameron opposed) that has saved us from a global depression. But as you said, you are thankful for the cut announced and the ones to come, I notice nothing to control the shitty (sorry city) so far, could this be because they OWN the Tories you voted in?"

Complete and utter bollocks.

Firstly, several countries worldwide are not and never were in recession, maintaining healthy growth figures throughout.

Secondly, the debts worldwide are a) not worldwide and b) due more to Governments ( and companies ) borrowing wildly beyond their means than fraud by American Banks.

And thirdly, you really think that the whole world acknowledges that it was Gordon Brown's "leadership in quantative easing" that has saved "us" from a global depression.

Strewth.

Torquay

"and didn't we have a wonderfull time under labour?,blair blindly following the yanks into 2 wars,brown selling all our gold reserves whe market was at an all time low,blair signing up for the human rights treaty ignoring the warnings of the french and germans and now we are paying for it when we cannot send myurdering terrorists back to country of origin as they would be wanted for crimes there so we have to keep them in luxury here!.

yes weren't the last government truly bloody wonderful?. "

Brown selling the gold wasn't his best ever move and one that was hasty, but it wasn't all the gold reserves by the way, not that it makes it much better but it was around 40% of the gold reserves of the UK.

Regarding the price of gold, it is at an all time high now because of the world wide recession, just as in previous recessions in the 80's and 30's gold has climbed to record highs....when times get tough and there are major military conflicts gold historically rises in worth as it's seen as the only 100% safe thing to invest in.

Incidentally Thatcher sold around half as much gold as Brown did just after the Falklands war (around 200 tons), to balance the books after the expense of the conflict.

Britain now holds less than 10% of the gold it did in 1913.

It's easy to look back and say if we held the gold now it would be worth four times more than when it was sold in 1999/2002.....my first flat I brought in Bromley over twenty years for £21,000 and then sold for £39,000 was recently sold for £275,000.....should I have held on to it to make sure I would make all that money?

Hindsight is one hell of a thing.

Isn't it ... excruciating .. how one is accused of 'blaming the previous government for all our woes' by people who blamed the previous government to that for all theirs.

I wonder if bankers alone could ruin the world? I mean really fuck it up, totally, all by themselves. Or would they need unwitting accomplices - you know, like, organisations that were SUPPOSED to watch them but didn't, governments that were SUPPOSED to regulate them but caved in to pressure (Brown admitted that on TV, during the election that he lost, miserably, whilst calling a down-trodden mass (singular of masses I guess) in Rochdale a bigot.)

No, I don't think bankers, try as they might, could do it all by themselves. You'd have to be a completely uneducated misinformed moron to think that.

to be honest my despair has just hit a global level.....

they got 5 years lets see what happens personally i dont think its looking too good the cracks already appearing in the coalition and thats before aprils big budget and the impact it will have x

Bradford

"and didn't we have a wonderfull time under labour?,blair blindly following the yanks into 2 wars,brown selling all our gold reserves whe market was at an all time low,blair signing up for the human rights treaty ignoring the warnings of the french and germans and now we are paying for it when we cannot send myurdering terrorists back to country of origin as they would be wanted for crimes there so we have to keep them in luxury here!.

yes weren't the last government truly bloody wonderful?.

Brown selling the gold wasn't his best ever move and one that was hasty, but it wasn't all the gold reserves by the way, not that it makes it much better but it was around 40% of the gold reserves of the UK.

Regarding the price of gold, it is at an all time high now because of the world wide recession, just as in previous recessions in the 80's and 30's gold has climbed to record highs....when times get tough and there are major military conflicts gold historically rises in worth as it's seen as the only 100% safe thing to invest in.

Incidentally Thatcher sold around half as much gold as Brown did just after the Falklands war (around 200 tons), to balance the books after the expense of the conflict.

Britain now holds less than 10% of the gold it did in 1913.

It's easy to look back and say if we held the gold now it would be worth four times more than when it was sold in 1999/2002.....my first flat I brought in Bromley over twenty years for £21,000 and then sold for £39,000 was recently sold for £275,000.....should I have held on to it to make sure I would make all that money?

Hindsight is one hell of a thing."

Caspar says with foresight :

Gold is not at it's all time high, nowhere near, my dear.

Strip out inflation and you are a long way short.

*sits back in teh fridge with no view of, or travel to, an outside world.

Bradford

oops, missed the closing *

Torquay

Saw an article the other evening about the 1.3 Million empty homes in Spain and the 110,000 empty villas in Florida, all built in the main with British and American bank and investment company money.

These homes are likely never to be lived in during the next decade, in fact they are demolishing new unlived in duplex'es in Florida to stop Cuban immigrants squatting in them.

The truth is the Western World (North America and the EU nations in particular) got above themselves and threw money around like confetti.

Britain furnished India with over £850 million in aid over the last Twenty years, only for the Indians to have what is the fastest growing economy in the world today.....time to ask for that aid back?

The only countries to have totally escaped the recession are India and China, and that is due in no small part to the masses of cheap production labour they have in abundance.

moston

yes weren't the last government truly bloody wonderful?. "

Would that be the EU convention of fundemenal rights 1986(Tory) that came into force in 1999 or the European convention on human rights 1953 both of which have been signed by every member of the EU and must be signed as a condition and enforced BEFORE joining the EU?

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"Saw an article the other evening about the 1.3 Million empty homes in Spain and the 110,000 empty villas in Florida, all built in the main with British and American bank and investment company money.

These homes are likely never to be lived in during the next decade, in fact they are demolishing new unlived in duplex'es in Florida to stop Cuban immigrants squatting in them.

The truth is the Western World (North America and the EU nations in particular) got above themselves and threw money around like confetti.

Britain furnished India with over £850 million in aid over the last Twenty years, only for the Indians to have what is the fastest growing economy in the world today.....time to ask for that aid back?

The only countries to have totally escaped the recession are India and China, and that is due in no small part to the masses of cheap production labour they have in abundance.

"

when i complained about overseas aid , you were all for it saying how it created jobs in the uk , balfour beatty i think you said

now you seem to have changed tack and are wondering wether to ask india for the money back

you seem confused or dizzy

Bradford

"Saw an article the other evening about the 1.3 Million empty homes in Spain and the 110,000 empty villas in Florida, all built in the main with British and American bank and investment company money.

"

You should get out more.

Complete bollocks to say that the only countries to have "totally escaped" the recession are India and China". Even they have been affected in some ways, but there are numerous other countries who did not enter recession and actually had continuos growth.

And isn't it reckoned that approximately 750,000 homes are unoccupied in Britain, a very large number of those being Council Houses. And that was before this so called "worldwide depression" that never was.

Torquay

when i complained about overseas aid , you were all for it saying how it created jobs in the uk , balfour beatty i think you said

now you seem to have changed tack and are wondering wether to ask india for the money back

you seem confused or dizzy"

I never said I was for it....I merely attempted to explain that there is often more to giving foreign aid than meets the eye, aid is often a foot in the door for commercial activities of private companies in a country giving out aid.

The truth is that India is now for the first time in it's modern history giving out more aid than it is receiving, last year it's net aid contributions outweighed it's intake of aid by around £600 million.

The Indians and the Chinese now give more aid and put more investment into Africa than the whole of the EU.

Today the Indian government put in an order for £700 million for jet parts with BAE/Rolls Royce.....just by coincidence David Cameron happened to be in India today.....it's all politics

Bradford

"

HERE HERE,,,,

FANCY A PINT? "

Yep, i'll have a pint of what you're having anyday m8.

luton

you seem confused or dizzy

I never said I was for it....I merely attempted to explain that there is often more to giving foreign aid than meets the eye, aid is often a foot in the door for commercial activities of private companies in a country giving out aid.

The truth is that India is now for the first time in it's modern history giving out more aid than it is receiving, last year it's net aid contributions outweighed it's intake of aid by around £600 million.

The Indians and the Chinese now give more aid and put more investment into Africa than the whole of the EU.

Today the Indian government put in an order for £700 million for jet parts with BAE/Rolls Royce.....just by coincidence David Cameron happened to be in India today.....it's all politics"

like i said last time , let the RR shareholders give the aid to india then , as they are the benificiarys of the rise in share price when the new order is anounced

Torquay

You should get out more.

Complete bollocks to say that the only countries to have "totally escaped" the recession are India and China". Even they have been affected in some ways, but there are numerous other countries who did not enter recession and actually had continuos growth.

And isn't it reckoned that approximately 750,000 homes are unoccupied in Britain, a very large number of those being Council Houses. And that was before this so called "worldwide depression" that never was.

"

Mostly privately owned homes, in the main left empty due to probate or sleeping investment groups.

In Spain and Florida, and Sharm, and Mexico, and Portugal, and North Africa....these homes are not empty because of probate or sleeping investment, it's because they are brand new builds that no one can afford.

And India and China posted a bigger growth in GDP between them in the last financial year than the whole of the EU and North American countries between them.

The only reason growth has stalled in India and China is the lack of Western investment from embattled banks and finance houses.

Torquay

"

like i said last time , let the RR shareholders give the aid to india then , as they are the benificiarys of the rise in share price when the new order is anounced "

The way that the government of the day views it is that it is better to have people in jobs in BAE and Rolls Royce, than redundant and on benefits.

Bradford

You should get out more.

Mostly privately owned homes, in the main left empty due to probate or sleeping investment groups.

In Spain and Florida, and Sharm, and Mexico, and Portugal, and North Africa....these homes are not empty because of probate or sleeping investment, it's because they are brand new builds that no one can afford.

And India and China posted a bigger growth in GDP between them in the last financial year than the whole of the EU and North American countries between them.

The only reason growth has stalled in India and China is the lack of Western investment from embattled banks and finance houses."

But growth hasn't stalled.

And Barclays et al would dearly love to invest in India but the Indians don't want to allow them. Huge protectionanism that the West so abhor.

I guess the "City" won't be too important on a few years time.

Bradford

And according to reports, the £700 million order from India for Hawk jet trainers will lead to 200 jobs.

On a crude pro-rata basis we just need to sell another £28,000,000,000,000 worth of goods and we're all employed.

Yippee

notts mate, your even startin to get right on my nerves now and im usually patient and understandin but right now if there was a cyber punch button you would be gettin 20 rapid!

as for the x amount of council houses?? where did you get this info mushroom??

there are some empty because they not fit for rats to live in never mind people! x

Bradford

"notts mate, your even startin to get right on my nerves now and im usually patient and understandin but right now if there was a cyber punch button you would be gettin 20 rapid!

there are some empty because they not fit for rats to live in never mind people! x"

750,000 was the calculation done by some professional group, Chartered Syrveyors or same. Not all are council houses granted, many are. Every council estate round here has loads boarded up, unoccupied, often in blcoks with other residents.

Inner city northern towns are not the places to be.

"notts mate, your even startin to get right on my nerves now and im usually patient and understandin but right now if there was a cyber punch button you would be gettin 20 rapid!

there are some empty because they not fit for rats to live in never mind people! x

Ask the poster not me!!

Bloody council houses they r a death trap! lol "

i was tryin to prevent repetitive strain injury from scrollin down by addressing two posters at once

Torquay

You should get out more.

The only reason growth has stalled in India and China is the lack of Western investment from embattled banks and finance houses.

But growth hasn't stalled.

And Barclays et al would dearly love to invest in India but the Indians don't want to allow them. Huge protectionanism that the West so abhor.

I guess the "City" won't be too important on a few years time."

The Indian economy grew by 7.4% last year but is expected to slip back to just under 5% this year because of a dip in western bank investment, one of the main reasons Cameron is in India is to get a massive Indian central infrastructure contract for Balfour Beatty and Tarmac signed up.

India is in dire need of decent roads and this is a possible £4 Billion contract over the next Ten years.

Both India and China are growing fast but the worldwide banking crisis is holding them up.

Ask the poster not me!!

Bloody council houses they r a death trap! lol

i was tryin to prevent repetitive strain injury from scrollin down by addressing two posters at once

Gosh! ure clever. "

aim high and some day you might be the same!

luton

Government sucks

thats the tittle of the thread , and it is so wrong

the government is doing a first class job

there is a 3 or more party system that has everyone in the country argueing amongst themselves

i think its called divide and rule

it has a first past the post voting system that is so fecking ridiculous it beggers belief

it also has an upper house that is undemocraticly , unelected

it is so bent it makes a nine bob note look like legal tender

from two week holidays in the seychelles fact finding about global warming , to running strings of buy to let propertys funded by the taxpayer

not to mention , cash for questions , and lobbying like a taxi for hire at £20,000 per hour

even if you were the mayor of your local town , or one of those numptys that ask there question on "question time"

in fact even if you were one of the numptys on the panel

theres feck all you can do to change it

forget voting ........... you need to realise that to try vote against a 10,000 majority just aint gona cut it

so rather than argueing in here , it best to sit back and do nothing

its not the government that sucks , its me and YOU

we will have there cocks in our mouth till we stop breathing

"Today the Indian government put in an order for £700 million for jet parts with BAE/Rolls Royce.....just by coincidence David Cameron happened to be in India today.....it's all politics"

It makes perfectly good sense for a leader to be in a place where he thinks he may gain some benefit for his country deep in recession from a country that escaped the recession entirely. Wouldn't any businessman or woman want to make connections with people that would benefit their business?

To castigate Cameron for doing his utmost to secure trade for Britain is like cutting off one's nose to spite one's own face. If you don't agree with the guy's politics then fine, that's understandable, but to slate what is such a blatantly obvious good move just because isn't Blair doing it is just plain obstinance.

The local councils decide were there cutting back, we all live in differant areas, but im sure we all agree they waste money left, right and centre. That should be a differant post.

As when times are hard things do need to stop to save money, For people to be blaming a new goverment that has nothing to do with the past 10+ years decisions is just ridiculous.

Lets give them a FEW years yet, cant change things over night.

Torquay

"Today the Indian government put in an order for £700 million for jet parts with BAE/Rolls Royce.....just by coincidence David Cameron happened to be in India today.....it's all politics

It makes perfectly good sense for a leader to be in a place where he thinks he may gain some benefit for his country deep in recession from a country that escaped the recession entirely. Wouldn't any businessman or woman want to make connections with people that would benefit their business?

To castigate Cameron for doing his utmost to secure trade for Britain is like cutting off one's nose to spite one's own face. If you don't agree with the guy's politics then fine, that's understandable, but to slate what is such a blatantly obvious good move just because isn't Blair doing it is just plain obstinance."

Who is castigating or slating Cameron?, it happens with all British Prime Ministers, the point I am making is that the whole foreign aid thing is political juggling.

You have chosen to take it that I am slating Cameron....but that is only because you feel it is your duty to defend him at every opportunity because you voted for him.

Foreign aid is commonly used to get a foot in the door for British companies, it is NEVER a coincidence that a British Prime Minister just happens to be in a country when a contract for a British company is announced.....it's all PR and 'feel good politics'

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok posts have been removed, so normal service resumed.

Mushroom, you really do look like a parrot going on about janes fridge.

Torquay

"Ok posts have been removed, so normal service resumed.

Mushroom, you really do look like a parrot going on about janes fridge."

It's ok....I am going to get him a fridge and put it through my books, it's the least I can do!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I will buy him a magnet for it

Bradford

"Ok posts have been removed, so normal service resumed.

Mushroom, you really do look like a parrot going on about janes fridge."

Sqwuak.

Bradford

Not having read much of the above recently, how am i fixed for stating "utter bollocks" when correcting well known information?

for example(s):

there NEVER was a worldwide recession, lots of countries saw continual growth never mind 4 successive quarters of negative growth, and

the country is not £164bn in debt, that was the total for LAST Year only, since amended to about £147bn

the accumulative total is substantially more.

PS is there a button that stops you replying prtivately to oneself and recieving an unexpected new mail?

Torquay

Maybe as a matter of information you could furnish with the names of the countries that have recorded continual growth and Four succesive quarters of growth over the last year or two?

Bradford

You misunderstand, most likely on purpose. Notwithstanding the merits or otherwsie of using GDP :

A RECESSION is defined as four successive periods of negative growth, usually denoted by a - sign in front of the 1.1% or whatever.

So countries that avoided a RECESSION may well have had three periods of negative growth.

I'll have a peeps for you.

But why the fuck should we worry anyways. Didn't Blair constantly remind us all we were the 4th richest economy in the world?

» Add a new message to this topic