FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > H.I.V and over 50's.

H.I.V and over 50's.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It was on the BBC news today that H.I.V cases have doubled over the last 7 years in the over 50 age group.

Probably down to some thinking that a vasectomy or sterilisation can protect you from S.T.D's.

XXXX

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

Are they still at it at that age?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It was on the BBC news today that H.I.V cases have doubled over the last 7 years in the over 50 age group.

Probably down to some thinking that a vasectomy or sterilisation can protect you from S.T.D's.

XXXX

"

thats exactly what a guy said to us when we had a 3some, told my mrs that he didnt need to use condoms cause he's had the snip I quickly pointed out to him about the STDs and you know what he said? "That never even past my mind"

"Are they still at it at that age?"

Bloody hope so!!

XXXX

"It was on the BBC news today that H.I.V cases have doubled over the last 7 years in the over 50 age group.

XXXX

thats exactly what a guy said to us when we had a 3some, told my mrs that he didnt need to use condoms cause he's had the snip I quickly pointed out to him about the STDs and you know what he said? "That never even past my mind" "

You often see it on profiles too!

XXXX

east cheshire

"Are they still at it at that age?

Bloody hope so!!

XXXX"

LOL xxx

its the same with the older generation and drink driving, it was ok when i was young so why shouldnt it be now

XXXX

"

It harps back to the days pre HIV where things were free and easy. You caught anything penicillin cured it.

What you find now is a gong ho attitude with many 50+ because HIV can be controlled and so its a who cares thing. Its like someone said about drink driving its a generation thing.

"Are they still at it at that age?"

Shurrup you, I'm 45 so only 5 years away from me Steve McGarrett Party.

By *arnaclebillMan  over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"its the same with the older generation and drink driving, it was ok when i was young so why shouldnt it be now"

That's not a fair comment. I am 70 years old and wouldn't dream of drink driving. I can assure that the majority of drink drivers are of the younger generation

slag us oldies off........lol

more seriously the rates oh hiv make interesting reading and the reasons why.

the over 50,s form but 8% of new infections ergo under 50,s form 92% and its safer to shag an over 50

They say the sharp rise is in England,Wales and Ireland.

So best all go up to Scotland where it's nice n safe!!

XXXX

"They say the sharp rise is in England,Wales and Ireland.

XXXX"

Only because their too tight to share it

XXXX

thats exactly what a guy said to us when we had a 3some, told my mrs that he didnt need to use condoms cause he's had the snip I quickly pointed out to him about the STDs and you know what he said? "That never even past my mind"

XXXX"

I asked someone what the correlation was between "having the snip" and being "bareback safe", as I found it alarming a 50 year old man was only concerned about unwanted pregnancy and NOT STDs on a swinging site!!

His response: "oh they know I'm safe and only do bareback with me!"

XXXX"

or has it always been high there?.

XXXX

XXXX

I asked someone what the correlation was between "having the snip" and being "bareback safe", as I found it alarming a 50 year old man was only concerned about unwanted pregnancy and NOT STDs on a swinging site!!

His response: "oh they know I'm safe and only do bareback with me!" "

scarey isn't it !

east cheshire

XXXX

or has it always been high there?. "

Have you seen those mountains?

XXXX

XXXX

His response: "oh they know I'm safe and only do bareback with me!" "

It seems to be a very popular opinion but as we've found not just with the over 50's. It is very worrying. But to put simply we don't play with people who play bareback.

also in the news, durex is being sold to the makers of bang cleaner. who says big business doesn't have a sense of humour

"slag us oldies off........lol

more seriously the rates oh hiv make interesting reading and the reasons why.

the over 50,s form but 8% of new infections ergo under 50,s form 92% and its safer to shag an over 50 "

And that train of mind is why its doubled. The other fact that gets missed out is the over 50s are very reluctant to get tested. Like it or not there is a very steep rise with the over 50s.

XXXX

XXXX

It seems to be a very popular opinion but as we've found not just with the over 50's. It is very worrying. But to put simply we don't play with people who play bareback. "

The problem is many are not honest about playing bareback.

XXXX

XXXX

It seems to be a very popular opinion but as we've found not just with the over 50's. It is very worrying. But to put simply we don't play with people who play bareback. "

The thing is how can you ever be 100% sure: you can't!!

The only thing you can do is protect yourself as best you can and be regularly tested.

I would NEVER rely on the words of a third party where my welfare is concerned...I may be cynical but I assume everyone plays bareback and act accordingly!!

ok i will try to be serious, there are a few at risk groups, some very worrying. there are official statistics that make interesting/frightening reading. despite the rise in older 50,s which has implications for my age group frankly it pales into the insignificant compared to some other groups. read the % formed by certain groups in the total hiv infected then do the math with the % they form in the population at large.

on a personal level we have had our check recently and only ever practice safe sex.

hope you find that a reasonable answer

Of course you can never be sure, we always always play safe and get tested every few months. I think when it comes to your own safety you can be as cynical as you want.

d*unk driving uk stats.....

Men aged 20-24 are the most likely group to fail a breath test when they have been in an accident. Five per cent were over the limit compared to an average of 2.7% for all ages.

» Add a new message to this topic