FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not Original Game Footage... Am I the only one who gets annoyed

Not Original Game Footage... Am I the only one who gets annoyed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itSam OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Just saw an advert on TV for a car racing game. The advert looks fantastic. Then you see the words.... "Not Original Game Footage". Is it just me that gets annoyed about this. What is the point of not showing what the game is like. Imagine on here if people got photos of other people and put on "not our pictures". You buy a 42" tv and open the box and find that it is a 19" tv and on the box it says "not as illustrated".

Computer games.... I am put off by someone not showing what the game is like. It makes me think they recon if you saw the game you would not buy it.

Random comment but I happened to be in the forum when the advert came on.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's is hugely annoying, but let's face it, the cinematic sequences of games is what sells them. In game footage can't be shot or recorded as artistically.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Yeah I get you brother.

Same as hen your in macdonalds and the person hands your burger, you sit down, open the box, pick it up, look at the menu, compare your burger to the photo and think 'You fucking pricks'.

Why dont they just have the wording.

Big Mac Meal £4.39

Birmingham

"Yeah I get you brother.

Same as hen your in macdonalds and the person hands your burger, you sit down, open the box, pick it up, look at the menu, compare your burger to the photo and think 'You fucking pricks'.

Why dont they just have the wording.

Big Mac Meal £4.39"

lol

Yeah like a chippy and the fish and chips picture is a massive piece of fish that looks like it was put together like by an artist. When you get served they throw this piece of fish down and that is it. Trick photography to make it look bigger and also a bit of an air brush here and there. I just wanna see what I am buying.

You get more sales being honest.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can't really fit five minutes of the downloading sequence into a 30 second commercial

Birmingham

Anyone who knows the game Skyrim. They could do a 30 second commercial with real gameplay and get people interested. I saw the game in a short clip and went and bought the console and the game. Great game. Not even the sort of game that I would normally play. Love it.

Birmingham

The only defence I could give for not original game footage is that the current game being advertised has a female with her tits hanging out. So yeah I will watch the ad........ What was the game called again..... Oh.... Never noticed lol. Would not buy the game just cause someone had their tits on show...

Show me a good game I will be more interested in getting it.

» Add a new message to this topic