FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Help - Yorkshire bank

Help - Yorkshire bank

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm trying to buy theatre tickets online for my parents using their Yorkshire Bank debit card.

Their card number is 19 digits long and is not being accepted. i've missed off the last 3 digits to make it the usual 16 and the website is still being an arse.

Anyone got a Yorkshire Bank Maestro (debit) card and know how to pay online? (t'interweb wasnt much help )

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

card numbers are only 16 digits, 4 blocks of 4

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

have you ever used online before?

i am not sure but i dont think you can use maestro online if the payment is processed the next day - something to do with the crd holder not being preent at the time of transaction

"card numbers are only 16 digits, 4 blocks of 4"

I know, that's the problem, i've got 19 digits here in a sexy long line, which are as much use online as a soft cock!

i've broken it down, taken numbers away, divided by 23, multiplied by 87 and worked out its square root but it still isnt having any of it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm with the Clydesdale Bank and when buying anything online i use 19 digits and it always accepts.

Have you used the card before to buy things online?

"have you ever used online before?

i am not sure but i dont think you can use maestro online if the payment is processed the next day - something to do with the crd holder not being preent at the time of transaction "

they've never used it online, but on the edge it says 'ATM:Debit:Cheque' so i assumed i could use it as a normal debit card online... i'd use my own for them but they've got to present the card at the box office to collect their tickets.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i am not sure but i dont think you can use maestro online if the payment is processed the next day - something to do with the crd holder not being preent at the time of transaction

they've never used it online, but on the edge it says 'ATM:Debit:Cheque' so i assumed i could use it as a normal debit card online... i'd use my own for them but they've got to present the card at the box office to collect their tickets."

i think thats the issue then, i know you definately cant use solo or electron cards online becaue you have to be present when the trasaction takes place, can they not ring the box office and book the tickets?

I had to book gig tickets for my son using my card and then I photocopied the card on my printer for him. I had previously explained to the vendor that the tickets were a birthday gift for him so they accepted the photocopy of my bank card. Hope that you get it resolved for them. xxxxx

Think that's what they'll have to do - i thought at the start it would be easier online but there's only so many times you can shout at the computer before it'll start to take it personally.

Thanks for you help though x

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

they've never used it online, but on the edge it says 'ATM:Debit:Cheque' so i assumed i could use it as a normal debit card online... i'd use my own for them but they've got to present the card at the box office to collect their tickets.

i think thats the issue then, i know you definately cant use solo or electron cards online becaue you have to be present when the trasaction takes place, can they not ring the box office and book the tickets?"

its not really relevent but we use visa electron online ok

ryanair have a drop down box where you can choose visa electron , and using that you pay no transaction charges

Not sure how i can help but i know certain cards play up at work when people pay their rents, there is a way round it though but not sure what they do online, sorry

"Not sure how i can help but i know certain cards play up at work when people pay their rents, there is a way round it though but not sure what they do online, sorry "

May just be their card then, i'll give them the phone number, the seat numbers they need to book, the quoted price, the opening times and let them sort it theirselves... may have to wipe their bottons too

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Not sure how i can help but i know certain cards play up at work when people pay their rents, there is a way round it though but not sure what they do online, sorry

May just be their card then, i'll give them the phone number, the seat numbers they need to book, the quoted price, the opening times and let them sort it theirselves... may have to wipe their bottons too "

Yorkshire bank use a different numerical patten to other banks. Its a good thing for security but it doesn't always work on line as many ecom websites are only set up for 16 digit cards. Your best bet is like others have said is to phone up.

» Add a new message to this topic