FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 'conned out of £50k'

'conned out of £50k'

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I am watching Breakfast on BBC1 and there is an item where a lady was 'conned' out of £50k by a guy she met on an online dating site.

Now is it me or is this just ridiculous - i am wary of giving a fiver to friends let alone £50k to someone i have never met!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I watched a programme about the same thing a few weeks ago,all women being conned by nigerians using other mens pics on dating sites

I could'nt believe the stupidity of them really,a few lovey dovey words and they were giving huge amounts of money away

Their are some gullible people out there

There was a documentary on con men from abroad preying on vulnerable people on not long ago

One lady lost her house (she remortgaged it)

Cause someone she had never met only online had said he was in fear of this life and he took her for 180K

Amazing but true unfortunately xxx

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

It's terrible, they must be quite gullible, lonely and a bit desperate but this guy also sounded very clever and manipulative. That space experts on now - she's bloody brilliant! Dr Maggie 'something' Pocock - Z

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"It's terrible, they must be quite gullible, lonely and a bit desperate but this guy also sounded very clever and manipulative. That space experts on now - she's bloody brilliant! Dr Maggie 'something' Pocock - Z"

yeah she's ace!!!

i can understand that some people are very clever with what they do and he was using some stories involving operations for his daughter but i'm sorry, i still think they are crazy to part with any sums of money

On the forums the other day someone posted that they'd been talking to someone "sweet" on site. Another poster stated the "sweet" girl he'd been talking to was probably a 20 stone welder and he took offence.

It's stories like this that highlight that not every "sweet" person you come across on the internet - and in life - are what they appear.

On Crimewatch last month they showed one woman who was about to lose her house and another had lost the grand sum of £210k to a Nigerian con man!

It may seem harsh but you'd have to be dumb, desperate and not wrapped to tight to fork out money to someone you've "met" on-line. To have amassed £210k to give away in the first instance you must have some working grey cells...I really don't get it!

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

its like those emails you get saying im a wealthy man living in wherever and for tax purposes i need to move money,if you give me your account details il let you have a third of the money i lodge,lol,i nearly done it for the simple fact that my account is always about 200 overdrawn,lol

That's the art of a CONfidence trickster.

Win your trust, give you a hard luck story, bang. done.

I have meet a fair few ladies over the years and many will tell you they have been chatted and they have been tried to be conned...

But does make you wonder on the thought process of the people being scammed.

Remember Derrick Bird (Taxi drive who killed 12 people) he was sending thousands to a Thai girl, then she dumped him (sounds like a conn to me). Men fall victims to. And no, I haven't been scammed (yet anyway)

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I'm thinking of giving up my job and joining a few dating sites...

50 fookin' grand, lol. I can't even get a shag for nuffin

By *northernsoulMan  over a year ago

Manchester

These sort of scams happen all the time, do a search for '419'... It's what Nigeria is all about.

I know the vast majority of us are clued up about these things (or at least I'd like to think so), however all it takes is one gullible person!!

By *aughtyinguMan  over a year ago

swindon

theres a good tip i read in a interview of a ex scammer, is to never reply to a scam mail, if you do then they know that email address is active, and they sell those lists to other scamming gangs.

and , kinda annoying when genuine people like me get barely anywhere on dating sites, and theres scammers getting 50k

"50 fookin' grand, lol. I can't even get a shag for nuffin "

Come here big boy

» Add a new message to this topic