FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > SPEEDING FINES

SPEEDING FINES

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uton_couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

luton

in 1992 my wife was caught by a hand held camera doing 31 in a 30 limit , it ended up in court and she recieved a £30 fine with about £35 costs

interestingly there were no penalty points or endorsements

has anyone else been done for speeding while they were only a mile or 2 over the limit ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"in 1992 my wife was caught by a hand held camera doing 31 in a 30 limit , it ended up in court and she recieved a £30 fine with about £35 costs

has anyone else been done for speeding while they were only a mile or 2 over the limit ?"

Bit of an odd one that cause now its 10%plus 2 so the maximum in a 30 is 35 xx

Although it is at the officers discretion also xx

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Oooo thats harsh. I was under the assumption you were allowed 10% before they prosecuted to allow for inaccurate readings on the speed guns.

luton

"Oooo thats harsh. I was under the assumption you were allowed 10% before they prosecuted to allow for inaccurate readings on the speed guns. "

well this was in 1992 so the law would have been different then

also in those days it was not widely recognised you could dispute the accuracy of the guns callibration

so i guess im asking people who were fined 10 or more years ago

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Oooo thats harsh. I was under the assumption you were allowed 10% before they prosecuted to allow for inaccurate readings on the speed guns.

well this was in 1992 so the law would have been different then

also in those days it was not widely recognised you could dispute the accuracy of the guns callibration

so i guess im asking people who were fined 10 or more years ago "

Well i am sure the law stood then but not sure if it does now. 3% ish over the limit though was unfair i have to say!

By *razydriver8Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

i recived my first speeding ticket about two months ago... and its embrassing to say. but it was a fixed camera , just up the road from my house.. and i pass it every day at least twice a day and have done for the last 2 years or more.. ... i was caught doing 37 in a 30 zone...( going down hill he he) and fined £65 and 3 points on my lience... my partner has never let me live it down.. with comments like." wow whats that yellow box doing there" when ever we pass it.. or o mg its a yellow alien... watch out

but it was my first in 6 years of pushing the limit... lol so i cant complain..

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

No but I did buy a packet of chicken out of Waitrose the other day and found it to be SIX days out ot date when I got home......feckin' outragous!!

luton

"No but I did buy a packet of chicken out of Waitrose the other day and found it to be SIX days out ot date when I got home......feckin' outragous!!"

hope it didnt give you the trots

luton

"in 1992 my wife was caught by a hand held camera doing 31 in a 30 limit , it ended up in court and she recieved a £30 fine with about £35 costs

has anyone else been done for speeding while they were only a mile or 2 over the limit ?

Bit of an odd one that cause now its 10%plus 2 so the maximum in a 30 is 35 xx

Although it is at the officers discretion also xx "

ive spent a bit of time looking on the internet and i cant find anywhere that says you can do 37 LEGALLY in a 30 limit

i wonder if anyone would intentionally drive up to a bunch of coppers holding a speed gun that was pointing at them , look down at the speedo that said 34 and think , thats ok i will boot it up to 37

i also wonder what would happen at an inquest , where a person ran over and killed a copper that ran accros the road chassing a burglar , just at the same time you were passing a speed camera that took your photo doing 37 in a 30 limit

they should say / oh it ok they were not speeding the copper should have been more carefull

the only thing i do know is that your speedometer has to ba accurate to within 10%

anyway it would be nice if a traffic copper , or soliciter could give us a bit more clarity

but thanks for all the replies xxx

the 10%+2 is nothing to do with the Camera, its is the mechanical tolerances given for the variablity of the speedometers in vehicles.

Torquay

"

i also wonder what would happen at an inquest , where a person ran over and killed a copper that ran accros the road chassing a burglar , just at the same time you were passing a speed camera that took your photo doing 37 in a 30 limit

they should say / oh it ok they were not speeding the copper should have been more carefull

"

Someone has a very vivid imagination...

luton

"

Someone has a very vivid imagination..."

you must be very SAD .............

thats twice you posted on this thread trying to cause nothing but trouble

people can clearly see it speaks volumes about you

you talk about my imagination , i can imagine GEORGE AND MILDRED at the moment

and i do feel so so sorry for poor bastard , his life must be a living nightmare

god help him

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"you must be very SAD .............

"

meow

luton

"you must be very SAD .............

meow "

you missed a bit out

and i do feel so so sorry for that poor bastard , his life must be a living nightmare

god help him

luton

"

Someone has a very vivid imagination...

you must be very SAD .............

and i do feel so so sorry for that poor bastard , his life must be a living nightmare

god help him"

i just noticed that speed cameras are raking in £65m

thats over a million people snapped every year

Torquay

"Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the glen..."

It must be great driving around Northumbria just now as the Police are too busy trying to find Moat and less attention may be drawn to speeding offences.

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"It must be great driving around Northumbria just now as the Police are too busy trying to find Moat and less attention may be drawn to speeding offences.

"

Nah much easier to catch motorists, they pay more too...am I cynical?

"It must be great driving around Northumbria just now as the Police are too busy trying to find Moat and less attention may be drawn to speeding offences.

Nah much easier to catch motorists, they pay more too...am I cynical? "

Aye maybe you're right.

If they spent less time catching speeding motorist they may catch Moat quicker

» Add a new message to this topic