FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > cooking smells, my favourite at moment is

cooking smells, my favourite at moment is

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

ginger & garlic frying, of course on a Sunday it's the full roast smell coming from the oven , what's your favourite?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Anything I'm not cooking!

"Anything I'm not cooking! "

isn't that cheating? lol, no honestly what is your favourite smell wafting from kitchen?, fresh coffee, nut roast(!)? heh heh

Sundays are great for gorgeous kitchen smells.

Coffee and bacon butties on freshly baked bread in the morning.

Roast dinner in the afternoon. Especially if it's roast lamb and mint sauce.

"Sundays are great for gorgeous kitchen smells.

Roast dinner in the afternoon. Especially if it's roast lamb and mint sauce."

yes all those, love the bread too, though I now only do sourgdough if going to the trouble of making it - be realy nice have someone do for me lol but that not gonna happen...also rosemary and basil mmm yum

The smell from the local indian takeaway shop round the corner from me.

Its whafing through the window right now.

Now if all those neds would piss off from outside my flat it would be peaceful!

They're my exact same favourites too! Although you'd have to get up pretty early in the morning for the freshly baked bread!

Roast lamb mmmmmmm...!

By *ennylanebabeWoman  over a year ago

Runcorn

i think food always smells tens times better when you haven't cooked it.

"yes all those, love the bread too, though I now only do sourgdough if going to the trouble of making it - be realy nice have someone do for me lol but that not gonna happen...also rosemary and basil mmm yum "

I did a nice multi-grain this morning. Cheated though and used a packet mix in the machine! Still smelled yummy.

At the moment I can smell my neighbours BBQ

"yes all those, love the bread too, though I now only do sourgdough if going to the trouble of making it - be realy nice have someone do for me lol but that not gonna happen...also rosemary and basil mmm yum

I did a nice multi-grain this morning. Cheated though and used a packet mix in the machine! Still smelled yummy.

At the moment I can smell my neighbours BBQ "

think may get a bread machine - they can be on timer / cook overnight etc can't they?....hate putting oven on just for bread lol, mmm barbeque, nice when not burnt to cinder

"The smell from the local indian takeaway shop round the corner from me.

Its whafing through the window right now.

Now if all those neds would piss off from outside my flat it would be peaceful!

"

lol know what you mean - got Chinese right next door to me....and hate that now they all stand under my flat having cigs, but rather that than they had where others eating

I'm cooking a really nice Chicken Jalfrezi with basmati rice at the moment, smells gorgeous - got bottle of Merlot to go with it too. Happy days.

"I'm cooking a really nice Chicken Jalfrezi with basmati rice at the moment, smells gorgeous - got bottle of Merlot to go with it too. Happy days."

sounds good, like Merlot lol, doing a simple beef stir fry tonight as don't want to be in hot kitchen for long

Jalfrezi would be good but alas am allergic to peppers so have to leave anywhere if they are being cooked & oils released

"Jalfrezi would be good but alas am allergic to peppers so have to leave anywhere if they are being cooked & oils released "

Ah that's a shame, I'm the same with peanuts, can't go near 'em!

"think may get a bread machine - they can be on timer / cook overnight etc can't they?....hate putting oven on just for bread lol, mmm barbeque, nice when not burnt to cinder "

I think so yes. Never used that functionality but I'm sure they can.

allergy to food crummy , means have to be so careful or carry a pen to injext with , ....will have to check out web for bread machines now

Yeah bread machines, that's got me going now, I might invest in one of those too!

LOL I've started something now haven't I?

"LOL I've started something now haven't I?"

it's a good idea, who wants to flaff with yeast and start, ermm excuse choice of words, whacking around dough early in morning ? lol

Oh by the way ladies, I decided just for a laugh, to cook this curry whilst naked, had to put a pinny on after five minutes though as I had a close shave with some hot oil!

Things you do when your home alone!

"Oh by the way ladies, I decided just for a laugh, to cook this curry whilst naked, had to put a pinny on after five minutes though as I had a close shave with some hot oil!

Things you do when your home alone!"

Ladies, hmmm there's guys on this thread too, including you lol ? lol, is ok thouhg I closed my eyes so wouldn't catch me look

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

mmmmmm these are my favourites also.plus what is it about the smell of onions,that always makes you hungry.

"Anything I'm not cooking!

isn't that cheating? lol, no honestly what is your favourite smell wafting from kitchen?, fresh coffee, nut roast(!)? heh heh "

Contrary to popular belief I don't roast nuts!

I use a lot of red onions, garlic, peppers, plum tomatoes in my cooking so love the smell of that!

"Anything I'm not cooking!

isn't that cheating? lol, no honestly what is your favourite smell wafting from kitchen?, fresh coffee, nut roast(!)? heh heh

Contrary to popular belief I don't roast nuts!

I use a lot of red onions, garlic, peppers, plum tomatoes in my cooking so love the smell of that! "

shucks thought I had got away with that heh heh

"Oh by the way ladies, I decided just for a laugh, to cook this curry whilst naked, had to put a pinny on after five minutes though as I had a close shave with some hot oil!

Ladies, hmmm there's guys on this thread too, including you lol ? lol, is ok thouhg I closed my eyes so wouldn't catch me look "

Apologies Grantham, it wasn't my intention to hog the thread. Back to bread making eh?!

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Bacon

"I'm cooking a really nice Chicken Jalfrezi with basmati rice at the moment, smells gorgeous - got bottle of Merlot to go with it too. Happy days."

Hmmm add shiraz instead of the merlot then you're talking!

Ladies, hmmm there's guys on this thread too, including you lol ? lol, is ok thouhg I closed my eyes so wouldn't catch me look

Apologies Grantham, it wasn't my intention to hog the thread. Back to bread making eh?! "

No apology needed, thought was amusing checked out bread makers, look good!

Yeah nice choice too Sassy, French wines are lovely.

"I'm cooking a really nice Chicken Jalfrezi with basmati rice at the moment, smells gorgeous - got bottle of Merlot to go with it too. Happy days.

Hmmm add shiraz instead of the merlot then you're talking! "

mmm yes like that too, have you tried a Malbec? mmm delicious, my sister told me was one of her favourites when she lives in Sth America so made effort to find and got to say was impressed!

I've got a dilemma here now though, I'm cooking the curry nice and slow so that all the flavours infuse and have a good time together, but I've already got through 2/3 of the bottle. Should I save the rest to have with the meal or get another one?

Hmmm..!

Coffee and bacon butties on freshly baked bread in the morning."

Couldn't agree more - it's what Sunday mornings should be all about!

"I've got a dilemma here now though, I'm cooking the curry nice and slow so that all the flavours infuse and have a good time together, but I've already got through 2/3 of the bottle. Should I save the rest to have with the meal or get another one?

Hmmm..!"

Esay answer - you spent all that time cooking, and enjoying a glass, still some cooking to go but not much wine - if you not driving early tomorrow and don't mind a hangover....get another bottle....tissh why did ya only have one anyway ? lol

Couldn't agree more - it's what Sunday mornings should be all about!"

I think I might have just convinced myself to get some bacon out for tomorrow morning

Couldn't agree more - it's what Sunday mornings should be all about!"

especially if can be out in the garden having the breakfast with bucks fizz, great way to start a Sunday...or Saturday

Couldn't agree more - it's what Sunday mornings should be all about!

I think I might have just convinced myself to get some bacon out for tomorrow morning "

and I think you may have convinced two of us to go get bread makers :-, mmmm bacon and cheese bread whetting my appetite!

"I've got a dilemma here now though, I'm cooking the curry nice and slow so that all the flavours infuse and have a good time together, but I've already got through 2/3 of the bottle. Should I save the rest to have with the meal or get another one?

Hmmm..!

Esay answer - you spent all that time cooking, and enjoying a glass, still some cooking to go but not much wine - if you not driving early tomorrow and don't mind a hangover....get another bottle....tissh why did ya only have one anyway ? lol"

Good call! I'm fortunate enough to live very close to a 24 hour shop so another bottle it is. I'm so easily persuaded!

Hmmm..!

Esay answer - you spent all that time cooking, and enjoying a glass, still some cooking to go but not much wine - if you not driving early tomorrow and don't mind a hangover....get another bottle....tissh why did ya only have one anyway ? lol

Good call! I'm fortunate enough to live very close to a 24 hour shop so another bottle it is. I'm so easily persuaded! "

lol didn't think would take much to make ya see sense on that lol, I have an off licence directly opposite me, so never worry about running out gee hate to think what my upstairs neighbour would make of a 24 hr booze shop, lol he can't stay awake long ewnough to drink a bottle of that White cider chemical lol,

Ha ha like it Grantham. When I say I live 'near' a 24 hour shop maybe I should be more specific, I actually live above one! So as you can imagine it has it's advantages, but the disadvantage is that every man and his dog knows it's there too so it can get quite noisy outside my bedroom window, can be fun too though, always something going on!

"Ha ha like it Grantham. When I say I live 'near' a 24 hour shop maybe I should be more specific, I actually live above one! So as you can imagine it has it's advantages, but the disadvantage is that every man and his dog knows it's there too so it can get quite noisy outside my bedroom window, can be fun too though, always something going on!"

well thats close than mine - it's about 80 feet away, know what you mean always something going on though, fight, screaming, ambulances...and o I don;t mean for me lol, there's also a night club next door to off licence so Thurs, Fri & Sat night crummy for sleep

"and I think you may have convinced two of us to go get bread makers :-, mmmm bacon and cheese bread whetting my appetite! "

Hubby has now talked me into doing a mixed grill for brunch tomorrow. We'll finish off the multigrain that I baked this morning with it. YUM!

"and I think you may have convinced two of us to go get bread makers :-, mmmm bacon and cheese bread whetting my appetite!

Hubby has now talked me into doing a mixed grill for brunch tomorrow. We'll finish off the multigrain that I baked this morning with it. YUM!"

Sounds good!

homemade strawberry jam

aww man!!!

Roast dinner in the afternoon. Especially if it's roast lamb and mint sauce.

mmmmmm these are my favourites also.plus what is it about the smell of onions,that always makes you hungry. "

fried onions for a burger van!!best smell ever even if you know if you dont contract e coli you been very lucky!! x

"fried onions for a burger van!!best smell ever even if you know if you dont contract e coli you been very lucky!! x"

Especially when you're d*unk!

"fried onions for a burger van!!best smell ever even if you know if you dont contract e coli you been very lucky!! x

Especially when you're d*unk!"

ohh same applies to kebab shops when d*unk!!! x

oooh and pork, stuffing and apple sauce rolls from the market.

"oooh and pork, stuffing and apple sauce rolls from the market."

never had one of those...... but gotta say I make sure I eat before I drink and couldn't think about eating food poisoning in a bun from a kebab shop - just looking at them congealed with fat having been cooked then left for hours...YUCK YUK, shudder lol

ring donughts from a stall at the fair

"ring donughts from a stall at the fair"

oh yes, and candyfloss!

» Add a new message to this topic