FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > PROFESSIONAL COUPLE?

PROFESSIONAL COUPLE?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I should imagine that this has been mentioned before but what is meant by a professional couple? We are both employed in career streamed jobs but both consider ourselves to be just a normal couple ….. or should we class ourselves as “A PROFESSIONAL COUPLE”?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"I should imagine that this has been mentioned before but what is meant by a professional couple? We are both employed in career streamed jobs but both consider ourselves to be just a normal couple ….. or should we class ourselves as “A PROFESSIONAL COUPLE”?"

only if you want pelters.

By *ethot69Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

"I should imagine that this has been mentioned before but what is meant by a professional couple? We are both employed in career streamed jobs but both consider ourselves to be just a normal couple ….. or should we class ourselves as “A PROFESSIONAL COUPLE”?"

We read it as "we're better than dolites or people who work at McDonalds, we drive silver coloured cars and never eat in front of the telly." ^^

It's a thorough turn-off for us when we read that line on a profile. Obviously its not meant that way but that's how we interpret it. Weirdly, even though we know its a wrong interpretation, we're sticking by it!

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

ps dont mention young.

By *iteskinMan  over a year ago

Cardiff/Newport/Bristol/M4

i like the silver car bit lol

i have noticed of late the posing around the car as if to show off the new Audi or Merc..aka we can afford new cars

One word sums that up to me lol...

FINANCE!!

Merseyside

lol @ receiving a wink from a "professional couple" after posting the above xD

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I love it when they spell it wrong! Lovely! Z

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

A ‘Professional’ normally means a person who has letters after their name that would normally be a university reward. In other words educated above and beyond A levels O levels, BTEC, City and Guilds. I think the bottom rung of the ladder is HNC.

But as with all labels in swinging I dare say it means different things to different folk. In this hobby I would take it to mean ‘employed and literate’. I personally have no formal qualifications whatsoever but I am employed in a professional capacity (design engineer in the field of dedicated microprocessor control systems) and so my work colleagues are Doc, Prof, BS etc. Some of them are really snobby about it (maybe because I’m just a peasant LOL) and some are not. But then a person who doesn’t have letters after their name can still be totally up themselves.

Conclusion… means bugger all really, either you like ‘em or you don’t

By *roovytwoCouple  over a year ago

burnley

"I should imagine that this has been mentioned before but what is meant by a professional couple? We are both employed in career streamed jobs but both consider ourselves to be just a normal couple ….. or should we class ourselves as “A PROFESSIONAL COUPLE”?

We read it as "we're better than dolites or people who work at McDonalds, we drive silver coloured cars and never eat in front of the telly." ^^

It's a thorough turn-off for us when we read that line on a profile. Obviously its not meant that way but that's how we interpret it. Weirdly, even though we know its a wrong interpretation, we're sticking by it!"

We are no better(or worse) than anyone else...and dont want to be or try to be.Never had a silver car and eat tea in front of telly most nights off trays we bought off e bay....if we get home soon enough.

Career streamed....professionals...not going to be arrogant.

Merseyside

"I should imagine that this has been mentioned before but what is meant by a professional couple? We are both employed in career streamed jobs but both consider ourselves to be just a normal couple ….. or should we class ourselves as “A PROFESSIONAL COUPLE”?

It's a thorough turn-off for us when we read that line on a profile. Obviously its not meant that way but that's how we interpret it. Weirdly, even though we know its a wrong interpretation, we're sticking by it!

We are no better(or worse) than anyone else...and dont want to be or try to be.Never had a silver car and eat tea in front of telly most nights off trays we bought off e bay....if we get home soon enough.

Career streamed....professionals...not going to be arrogant."

Already said it's the wrong impression

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, this topic gets raised about every other day.

Just as some people see putting "professional" on a profile as pretensuous I see people who criticise people for having it as suffering from an inferiority complex.

I have a couple of degrees, have a "professional" job, don't have professional on my profile but don't care what others have on their profiles.

If they meet what I'm looking for: goody, if not, I leave them be.

Just my take on things you understand!

burnley

Already said it's the wrong impression"

So why stick by it?

We don't think there is any need for anyone to know what we do for a living.

We like to meet people and make our own decision on whether to take it further, and how they make their living is of no concern of ours.

We will either got on, or we wont.

Merseyside

So why stick by it?"

Because as said above, even though it's certainly not meant as such, it still comes across as pretentious for us as it feels a bit showy given it's non-essential information.

It feels like the only reason to state you're a professional couple is to say that you're only interested in other professional couples.

We know we're wrong but there you are - it's there.

burnley

So why stick by it?

Because as said above, even though it's certainly not meant as such, it still comes across as pretentious for us as it feels a bit showy given it's non-essential information.

It feels like the only reason to state you're a professional couple is to say that you're only interested in other professional couples.

Not true...see our verifications.

We can see (but not understand) your point of view.

Seems a shame to tar every one with the same brush we you write

We know we're wrong but there you are - it's there."

"A ‘Professional’ normally means a person who has letters after their name that would normally be a university reward. In other words educated above and beyond A levels O levels, BTEC, City and Guilds. I think the bottom rung of the ladder is HNC.

But as with all labels in swinging I dare say it means different things to different folk. In this hobby I would take it to mean ‘employed and literate’. I personally have no formal qualifications whatsoever but I am employed in a professional capacity (design engineer in the field of dedicated microprocessor control systems) and so my work colleagues are Doc, Prof, BS etc. Some of them are really snobby about it (maybe because I’m just a peasant LOL) and some are not. But then a person who doesn’t have letters after their name can still be totally up themselves.

Conclusion… means bugger all really, either you like ‘em or you don’t

"

I quite agree with you - I read "professional" in the swing context more as a suggestion of being intelligent and literate rather than a reference to a specific kind of work or employment. Those qualities of being able to hold a conversation are important to me, even in the swinging world but I dont really care about what job somebody does. Lets face it would a policeman or a solicitor or a teacher make better/ worse fuckbuddies?

hereford

Well I could tell you about a policeman that didn’t make a very good fuck-buddy but I won’t because we never kiss and tell. But I dare some policemen/woman are a great shag but that might be a problem as I do like a spliff before a session. A doctor on the other hand could be useful, “Not tonight dear I’ve got a headache”… “No worries, take two of these and get your knickers off”

Now a solicitor could be quite different, I mean they are professionals, absolute experts at… wait for it… Getting people ‘OFF’

Hmmm....female german teacher when I was a wee young lad in Harlow, in her 20's, always worse short skirts, big up top, tights tops, we used to fight to be first in her class as she used to sit on her desk, feet on one in front, knees just afr enough apart....

BITCH - at the time it was a laugh, but looking back she knew exactly what she was doing, still many a night.....

Merseyside

As we said _roovytwo, it's just a preference of ours. When we see the words "professional couple" it turns us away. No rhyme or reason for it other than it just does.

"Hmmm....female german teacher when I was a wee young lad in Harlow, in her 20's, always worse short skirts, big up top, tights tops, we used to fight to be first in her class as she used to sit on her desk, feet on one in front, knees just afr enough apart....

BITCH - at the time it was a laugh, but looking back she knew exactly what she was doing, still many a night..... "

Scarred you for life, eh;-)

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

"i like the silver car bit lol

i have noticed of late the posing around the car as if to show off the new Audi or Merc..aka we can afford new cars

One word sums that up to me lol...

FINANCE!! "

Probably someone else's car

By *mcouple1Couple  over a year ago

nr warrington

anne is an accountant and ste is a building inspector . We are not prof cpl . we r just us x

Whats career streamed jobs?

Must admit i do feel inferior when i find out im chatting to a doctor or managers, as im only a housing assistant ie glorified admin assistant so if i saw that on a profile, id probably stay away as like others, id think of expensive cars, big posh house, fancy restaurants, not places i can afford

Bit of a hot potato this one

I'm an electrician and I class myself as professional, but I burp, fart, eat in front of the tele, eat pies and bags of chips in the street as well, But I'm still professional.

Other interpretations of the word may include lawers, doctors ... the list goes on ....

Some people put it on their profile because they think they are a cut above us lesser mortals and want to try and make an impression whilst other use the term because it is a normal part of their vocabulary and they are simply attempting to describe their perceived status.

To the OP - it's up to you how you describe yourself, there are no rules, but be prepared to see the occasional thread like this one pop up from time to time which will offer many opinions about the use of the term - some for and some against and maybe a few in the middle ..

Funny how some people see professional couples as up themselves but have no qualms in describing themselves as attractive and very good looking!

Oh lifes little ironies!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Just saw a profile "looking for a professional meet"

...fairly sure they won't expect paying, but maybe they'd want me to do their taxes

"Funny how some people see professional couples as up themselves but have no qualms in describing themselves as attractive and very good looking!

Oh lifes little ironies! "

I dont mind People stating Professional on their Profiles theres lots of different statements like the one stated above, I think far too much is read into it to be honest, theres more important thigs to worry about when deciding who you would like to meet

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

Main criteria for professional include the following:

Academic qualifications - A teaching degree (University doctoral program), engineering, medical, or law degree - i.e., university college/institute.

Expert and specialized knowledge in field which one is practicing professionally.[6]

Excellent manual/practical and literary skills in relation to profession.[7]

High quality work in (examples): creations, products, services, presentations, consultancy, primary/other research, administrative, marketing or other work endeavours.

A high standard of professional ethics, behaviour and work activities while carrying out one's profession (as an employee, self-employed person, career, enterprise, business, company, or partnership/associate/colleague, etc.). The professional owes a higher duty to a client, often a privilege of confidentiality, as well as a duty not to abandon the client just because he or she may not be able to pay or remunerate the professional. Often the professional is required to put the interest of the client ahead of his own interests.

Reasonable work moral and motivation. Having interest and desire to do a job well as holding positive attitude towards the profession are important elements in attaining a high level of professionalism.

Participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs b : having a particular profession as a permanent career c : engaged in by persons receiving financial return

I think everyone knows the dictionary definition of professional: that's not the issue here. It's how others percieve those with it on their profiles.

I still struggle to understand why people feel the need to challenge other peoples preferences!

Some people seem to spend an inordinate amount of time scruitinising profiles: not a criticism as I wished some of those that contact me had done the same!! It would save me having to block/delete so much!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"I think everyone knows the dictionary definition of professional: that's not the issue here. It's how others percieve those with it on their profiles.

I still struggle to understand why people feel the need to challenge other peoples preferences!

Some people seem to spend an inordinate amount of time scruitinising profiles: not a criticism as I wished some of those that contact me had done the same!! It would save me having to block/delete so much! "

I will tell you why I think they do it....they like to pick apart peoples profiles, attack their preferences, harshly comment on others criteria because......They think they belong some 'Swinging Elite', the little gang who think they are an expert voice on swinging and what they perceive 'Pure Swingers' to be.

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

i've always perceived professional to mean a person who receives money for favours IE

paid to have sex with others

Forum Mod

I agree with both Sassy and Jane

I just concentrate on me and the people I may want to play with

I don't ever want to start analysing why people put what they do on their profiles or worry that mine may be picked apart for having a term or a comment that gets up the nose of other people

Im having great fun so I don't care

"I agree with both Sassy and Jane

I just concentrate on me and the people I may want to play with

I don't ever want to start analysing why people put what they do on their profiles or worry that mine may be picked apart for having a term or a comment that gets up the nose of other people

Im having great fun so I don't care

"

Beautifully put!

hereford

There is scene in Superman One where Clark Kent (in his teenage years) has run home quicker than his schoolmates could drive the distance in their car. He gets a ticking off from his adoptive father for ‘showing off’. Clark/Superman replies, “But is a bird showing off when it flies?”

It’s generally considered polite NOT to show off, so maybe that’s why some people take offence or are put off by something such as ‘I/We are professionals’. Equally too much modesty can sometimes come over as a lack of self-confidence. Isn’t it all about trying to find that balance?

So lets just be totally honest for a moment. People come in all different shapes and sizes, different interests, different levels of intelligence and different perceptions of their environment. Now I’m not suggesting one is more or less than the other but the fact is for a social relationship to work comfortably there needs to be some common ground.

Domestic and financial status often needs balance too where one party wants to meet in a first class restaurant the other might be limited to a can of Coke and a bag of chips along with their kids because they cannot afford and or find a baby sitter.

We all reserve the right to ‘choose’ and its no one else’s business to slap on any rules about what is right or wrong with those choices. We all analyse profiles/introductory emails if we didn’t we’d be shagging everyone on the site although the depth of analysis may vary.

Writing and English comprehension can also play a big part, some have better skills than others, consider a classic line such as ‘I can lick pussy for hours’ one interpretation could be a negative ‘so you’re so crap at oral it takes you hours to satisfy a woman’ whereas the intention of the statement most likely means ‘I have the patience and desire to dedicate my time to the woman’s pleasure’.

Bottom line is, it doesn’t matter how hard you try, there will always be someone who will find fault in something you say, do, or think.

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

well you learn something every day

i remember when a very young man trying to find a bedsit to live in

all the adverts said PROFESSIONALS ONLY

so all these years i have thought a professional , was a person that lived in a grubby bedsit

By *eprobatepairCouple  over a year ago

london

"There is scene in Superman One where Clark Kent (in his teenage years) has run home quicker than his schoolmates could drive the distance in their car. He gets a ticking off from his adoptive father for ‘showing off’. Clark/Superman replies, “But is a bird showing off when it flies?”

It’s generally considered polite NOT to show off, so maybe that’s why some people take offence or are put off by something such as ‘I/We are professionals’. Equally too much modesty can sometimes come over as a lack of self-confidence. Isn’t it all about trying to find that balance?

So lets just be totally honest for a moment. People come in all different shapes and sizes, different interests, different levels of intelligence and different perceptions of their environment. Now I’m not suggesting one is more or less than the other but the fact is for a social relationship to work comfortably there needs to be some common ground.

Domestic and financial status often needs balance too where one party wants to meet in a first class restaurant the other might be limited to a can of Coke and a bag of chips along with their kids because they cannot afford and or find a baby sitter.

We all reserve the right to ‘choose’ and its no one else’s business to slap on any rules about what is right or wrong with those choices. We all analyse profiles/introductory emails if we didn’t we’d be shagging everyone on the site although the depth of analysis may vary.

Writing and English comprehension can also play a big part, some have better skills than others, consider a classic line such as ‘I can lick pussy for hours’ one interpretation could be a negative ‘so you’re so crap at oral it takes you hours to satisfy a woman’ whereas the intention of the statement most likely means ‘I have the patience and desire to dedicate my time to the woman’s pleasure’.

Bottom line is, it doesn’t matter how hard you try, there will always be someone who will find fault in something you say, do, or think.

"

What a superb post. Hits the nail fairly and squarely on the head.

We are all snobbish in our own little ways. Even reverse snobbery, i.e: saying that people who say they are professional are "up themselves".

The key point is that you want to feel comfortable in the company of people whom you meet.

If being comfortable means:

1.Chatting about The X Factor and drinking Lambrini, then great.

If being comfortable is:

2. Chatting about the Opera and drinking Barolo, then that's great.

If being comfortable is:

3. Chatting about how difficult it is to find stabling for the polo ponies and drinking Chateau Latour '61, then that's good too.

The mis-match is when you are uncomfortable because you have nothing in common. You'd struggle to find common ground if you were an extreme 3 chatting to an extreme 1 or an extreme 1 chatting to an extreme 3.

You could read "Professional" as "Educated". That's the way we'd see it. If that's being elitist then so be it. The tough part is that on a webpage you don't get any sense for the chemistry and general "feel" you get with people. If you have the chemistry then the social background/outlook means little. Without that chemistry it means everything.

"There is scene in Superman One where Clark Kent (in his teenage years) has run home quicker than his schoolmates could drive the distance in their car. He gets a ticking off from his adoptive father for ‘showing off’. Clark/Superman replies, “But is a bird showing off when it flies?”

What a superb post. Hits the nail fairly and squarely on the head.

We are all snobbish in our own little ways. Even reverse snobbery, i.e: saying that people who say they are professional are "up themselves".

The key point is that you want to feel comfortable in the company of people whom you meet.

If being comfortable means:

1.Chatting about The X Factor and drinking Lambrini, then great.

If being comfortable is:

2. Chatting about the Opera and drinking Barolo, then that's great.

If being comfortable is:

3. Chatting about how difficult it is to find stabling for the polo ponies and drinking Chateau Latour '61, then that's good too.

The mis-match is when you are uncomfortable because you have nothing in common. You'd struggle to find common ground if you were an extreme 3 chatting to an extreme 1 or an extreme 1 chatting to an extreme 3.

You could read "Professional" as "Educated". That's the way we'd see it. If that's being elitist then so be it. The tough part is that on a webpage you don't get any sense for the chemistry and general "feel" you get with people. If you have the chemistry then the social background/outlook means little. Without that chemistry it means everything."

Absolutely first class, on both posts here. I live on a council estate but pay a mortgage. Homeowners, often see themselves as above everyone else, where do i fit in as i love the estate i live on? I'd say im no 1, definitely not no's 2 or 3. I once met a professional couple in a chinese restaurant, they spent £150 on the meal and 2 possibly 3 bottles of red wine, my taste is more like £15 ie can of and a bag of chips .

By *aul38Man  over a year ago

newcastle

usually means snobs or just complete wankers who are up ther own arses they cant swing

Whenever we see professional it conjures up the image of the Harry Enfield Brummy character from "The Fast Show" who always likes to tell you that he is "Considurublayyy richer than yeeeowwww!".

XXXX

Forum Mod

"usually means snobs or just complete wankers who are up ther own arses they cant swing"

nice

By *eprobatepairCouple  over a year ago

london

"

Absolutely first class, on both posts here. I live on a council estate but pay a mortgage. Homeowners, often see themselves as above everyone else, where do i fit in as i love the estate i live on? I'd say im no 1, definitely not no's 2 or 3. I once met a professional couple in a chinese restaurant, they spent £150 on the meal and 2 possibly 3 bottles of red wine, my taste is more like £15 ie can of and a bag of chips . "

Bloody expensive chips in your neck of the woods kitten Unless you meant a bag of and a plate of chips lol

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

WOW that certainly raised some lively comment and after reading the responses it would appear that one of us is normal and the other is professional so could suggest that we are normally professional …………… but

We do eat off the tray in front of the telly sometimes

hereford

"WOW that certainly raised some lively comment and after reading the responses it would appear that one of us is normal and the other is professional so could suggest that we are normally professional …………… but

"

Oh now the truth comes out... got TRAYS have you... now that is showing off!

"WOW that certainly raised some lively comment and after reading the responses it would appear that one of us is normal and the other is professional so could suggest that we are normally professional …………… but

We still do Picnics in the lounge sometimes.. the kids love them but then we dont do it very often... lol

"

hereford

(probably get out of the bath for a piss too )

"

Absolutely first class, on both posts here. I live on a council estate but pay a mortgage. Homeowners, often see themselves as above everyone else, where do i fit in as i love the estate i live on? I'd say im no 1, definitely not no's 2 or 3. I once met a professional couple in a chinese restaurant, they spent £150 on the meal and 2 possibly 3 bottles of red wine, my taste is more like £15 ie can of and a bag of chips .

Bloody expensive chips in your neck of the woods kitten Unless you meant a bag of and a plate of chips lol"

i meant £15 as opposed to £150 might be an expensive bag of though i dont know what the going rate is

"

Whats a tray

[Removed by poster at 11/06/10 19:24:49]

Whats a tray "

Milk tray I think

"Whenever we see professional it conjures up the image of the Harry Enfield Brummy character from "The Fast Show" who always likes to tell you that he is "Considurublayyy richer than yeeeowwww!".

XXXX"

Ya we've got three bogs dontcha know ... what what what

hereford

"Whenever we see professional it conjures up the image of the Harry Enfield Brummy character from "The Fast Show" who always likes to tell you that he is "Considurublayyy richer than yeeeowwww!".

XXXX

Ya we've got three bogs dontcha know ... what what what "

Peasants! It's a powder room

» Add a new message to this topic