FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Oldies on scooters

Oldies on scooters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Earlier was driving and a old woman shot on to the road on a electric scooter and caused me to swerve and allmost crashing. I have seen them on the road a few times now. Is this Ieagal and whats peoples thoughts on this. The same goes for cyclists there also deadlyat times.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Earlier was driving and a old woman shot on to the road on a electric scooter and caused me to swerve and allmost crashing. I have seen them on the road a few times now. Is this Ieagal and whats peoples thoughts on this. The same goes for cyclists there also deadlyat times. "
Mobility scooter?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

There bloody lethal, i know someones mother who was in her 90s get run over by one and broke her arm and wasnt able to leave the house afterwards. They should have to pass some kind of test to ride one

"Earlier was driving and a old woman shot on to the road on a electric scooter and caused me to swerve and allmost crashing. I have seen them on the road a few times now. Is this Ieagal and whats peoples thoughts on this. The same goes for cyclists there also deadlyat times. Mobility scooter?"
yes..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some people do get a bit happy with the accelerator. I don't hesitate to voice my opinion,old person or not

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Earlier was driving and a old woman shot on to the road on a electric scooter and caused me to swerve and allmost crashing. I have seen them on the road a few times now. Is this Ieagal and whats peoples thoughts on this. The same goes for cyclists there also deadlyat times. Mobility scooter? yes.."
Fucking lethal things......

"Earlier was driving and a old woman shot on to the road on a electric scooter and caused me to swerve and allmost crashing. I have seen them on the road a few times now. Is this Ieagal and whats peoples thoughts on this. The same goes for cyclists there also deadlyat times. "

In idiot on the road is an idiot on the road no matter if they are on bike scooter or car.

they are a means of escape for some people ... literally by the sounds of it

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Don't think they pay road tax so they should'nt really be driving on the road on it. Saw an old guy going round a round-a-bout on one a few weeks back, massive que of traffic waiting for him as he went past at 0.00000000000005 mph.

On the Police, camera, action programme on telly one old guy went down the slow lane on the motorway in one, lol.

I love them and the gung-ho attitude they have to safety. Granny Kenevil go for it.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

I encountered two coming towards me on the pavement a while back - one was hell bent on overtaking the other resulting in me and my daughter being forced onto the road to avoid being mown down. Fortunately there were no cars coming at that precise moment.

Mostly, mobility scooters give independence to people who might otherwise be stuck indoors and isolated... and most people using them are sensible and considerate. But as in every area of society, you do get your mindless wassocks.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Mobility scooters are not road legal. Nothing to do with paying road tax, cycles don't pay road tax and some cars are exempt too.

By *ikeriderMan  over a year ago

prestatyn

"Mobility scooters are not road legal. Nothing to do with paying road tax, cycles don't pay road tax and some cars are exempt too.

"

Some of them are road legal, if memory serves its about the max top speed that dictates what class they are.

Let them get hit. Natural selection at work.

I've seen one near me that has a number plate so it can be used on the road and I think it does depend on the top speed, they will be tax exempt though I think just like any electric car,

By *amie0151Man  over a year ago

Wallasey

Don't swerve next time

They don't pay tax or have insurance either to my knowledge. And when they buy one get very little instructions on use of it. People round here have them and are just as bad

Absolutely crazy things . Walking my kids to school and a bloke came wizzing down the pavement knocked my boy over I shouted then fuck me he then reversed over his leg ! I was angry to say the least

By *ittle Miss InnocenceWoman  over a year ago

Suffolk UK

They do have road tax I'm afraid... but they should have some kind of test. I work with the older generation and a lot (not all) have hearing/sight/dementia problems. But yes.... regardless of who they are I do tell them what I think if I believe they are driving dangerously

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

They have been banned in our local post office after the latest one that ran amok & wrecked the shop

"Don't think they pay road tax so they should'nt really be driving on the road on it. Saw an old guy going round a round-a-bout on one a few weeks back, massive que of traffic waiting for him as he went past at 0.00000000000005 mph.

On the Police, camera, action programme on telly one old guy went down the slow lane on the motorway in one, lol. "

Neither do cyclists or horses

"Let them get hit. Natural selection at work. "

Mobility scooters are good for the elderly or disable to get out and about, but they shouldn't expect right of way with pedestrians or cars. They should have some mandatory training and insurance, and have their own 'scooter lane' on the road or on the pavement. The pavement is for pedestrians, not for scooters or cycles.

P

I used to work in Kilburn and there was a woman notorious for having people diving for cover.

That said as annoying as they are, the reality is that very few people are killed or evn injured by them in comparison to motor vehicles

"They have been banned in our local post office after the latest one that ran amok & wrecked the shop "

that one tickled my giggle spot got to laugh at some of the comments but they can be a manace in the wrong place

By *orthLincsIronCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

[Removed by poster at 05/06/14 10:21:33]

By *orthLincsIronCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Bloody video link didn't work, but there is a video on YouTube of a scooter going into a tree at a golf tournament, very funny, well I thought it was

Theres loads of them lined up outside our local wetherspoons at 11 in the morning

"Absolutely crazy things . Walking my kids to school and a bloke came wizzing down the pavement knocked my boy over I shouted then fuck me he then reversed over his leg ! I was angry to say the least "
I would of killed him

By *rumCoupleCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

Meanwhile, in another forum, there will be someone who uses a scooter grumbling that ignorant car drivers will blocked dropped kerbs and accesses without a care in the world.

On occasion, MrsJ has had to take a half mile detour to cross a road.

Im not the only one then lol. I think they should be band from all types of road an also if they are on the pavements there last priority to pedestrians walking.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Years ago, when I lived in a town for a short time, I stepped out of my house onto the pavement only to be hit by a cyclist.

He was going so fast he broke my arm and shoved one of my bones out through the palm of my hand. He just muttered something like, "oh sorry mate", got back on his bike and carried on his way, leaving me bleeding all over the pavement - the cunt.

Now, if a cyclist comes anywhere near me on a pavement, I wait until they're alongside and shoulder barge them back onto the road where they belong.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

... I'm sometimes tempted to do the same to the mobility scooter riders if they get too uppity about sharing their pavement with us mere pedestrians.

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

"Let them get hit. Natural selection at work. "

Harsh! But possibly true.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Years ago, when I lived in a town for a short time, I stepped out of my house onto the pavement only to be hit by a cyclist.

He was going so fast he broke my arm and shoved one of my bones out through the palm of my hand. He just muttered something like, "oh sorry mate", got back on his bike and carried on his way, leaving me bleeding all over the pavement - the cunt.

Now, if a cyclist comes anywhere near me on a pavement, I wait until they're alongside and shoulder barge them back onto the road where they belong."

Don't get me started about cyclists on the pavement......

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

..and that's why shared use cycle/footpaths are a bad idea, pedestrians bimble all over the place without looking at the bit they are supposed to be walking on & cyclists go too fast to safely interact with pedestrians.

YET.. How many people have you heard demand cyclists get off the road?

Make your mind up people.

Cycles are vehicles and belong on the road.

As for mobility scooters, you all may think differently when its your health that limits your access to the outside world..

"Years ago, when I lived in a town for a short time, I stepped out of my house onto the pavement only to be hit by a cyclist.

Now, if a cyclist comes anywhere near me on a pavement, I wait until they're alongside and shoulder barge them back onto the road where they belong."

Not condoning the cyclist's actions at all but someone in London recently faced manslaughter charges after knockibg a cyclist in to the path of a bus which led to be the cyclist being killed.

You're a big bloke, there is CCTV pretty much everywhere, the fact that the cyclist shouldn't be there would be no defence.

By *rumCoupleCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

Drifting slightly OT, around Brum - in particular the new multimillion pound QE hospital, some bright spark has decided that footpaths are also cyclepaths - just with a white line suggesting which side cyclists should go.

I wonder how blind people know which side *they* are supposed to go.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Drifting slightly OT, around Brum - in particular the new multimillion pound QE hospital, some bright spark has decided that footpaths are also cyclepaths - just with a white line suggesting which side cyclists should go.

I wonder how blind people know which side *they* are supposed to go."

I know ...what brightspark thought that was a good idea

"Drifting slightly OT, around Brum - in particular the new multimillion pound QE hospital, some bright spark has decided that footpaths are also cyclepaths - just with a white line suggesting which side cyclists should go.

I wonder how blind people know which side *they* are supposed to go.I know ...what brightspark thought that was a good idea "

Shared facilities are very rarely a good idea. The only people that benefits are motorists.

That said Birmingham is an incredibly inhospitable city for cyclists and pedestrians and I doubt that will evrr change

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I wonder how blind people know which side *they* are supposed to go.I know ...what brightspark thought that was a good idea

Shared facilities are very rarely a good idea. The only people that benefits are motorists.

That said Birmingham is an incredibly inhospitable city for cyclists and pedestrians and I doubt that will evrr change"

Cyclists on the pavement is a huge problem, and rarely policed, its quite dangerous at times.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

You don't need to have an electronic mode of transport to be a danger to the public.

I have a bad leg at the moment and some idiot ran his pram into me whilst texting his missus

The problem for me is that you dont need to be disabled or infirm to use them.

In our town as in many others people can hire them.

I was really surprised when they told me that anyone can use them.

Made me less sympathetic when I see them causing chaos

By *aaveeMan  over a year ago

Poole

You should go to a scooter rally these days, you will see loads of oldies on 'em!

» Add a new message to this topic