FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Book Marathon

Book Marathon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone read a series of books in one go?

I'm just finishing the 11th Jason Bourne book, after starting the first one 2 months ago. Heavy going. One book every 4-5 days roughly.

I feel as though I can identify with the character I know so well over Months.

What's other people favourite book Marathon or just book?

What's you favourite fictional character?

Any recommendations for my next book marathon?

I have all the Game of Thrones books which I've yet to start.

Maybe that's next, though I have a few hundred to choose from next.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A couple of times. Good author and a good series.

Game of Thrones...I read it hoping for some sort of clarification or ending, only to find he hasn't bloody finished writing them all yet!!!! AAARRGGHHHH

By *ourbonKissMan  over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

"Game of Thrones...I read it hoping for some sort of clarification or ending, only to find he hasn't bloody finished writing them all yet!!!! AAARRGGHHHH "

I've just started on the first book after loving the tv series. It's filling out the story for me

"Game of Thrones...I read it hoping for some sort of clarification or ending, only to find he hasn't bloody finished writing them all yet!!!! AAARRGGHHHH

I've just started on the first book after loving the tv series. It's filling out the story for me"

You have a long way to go then. It is a bit like reading the Old Testament after book three, lots of new characters, the plots take many twists and turns and you can't see an end to it.

"Game of Thrones...I read it hoping for some sort of clarification or ending, only to find he hasn't bloody finished writing them all yet!!!! AAARRGGHHHH

I've just started on the first book after loving the tv series. It's filling out the story for me

You have a long way to go then. It is a bit like reading the Old Testament after book three, lots of new characters, the plots take many twists and turns and you can't see an end to it."

Ned stark isn't dead yet but he's about to discover that there's lots of Roberts bastards around

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I read all three Stieg Larrson (sp) books on holiday and I'll often have a reread of series I already own...last one was Harlen Coben's Myron Bolitar series

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I'm currently on book 11 of 12 of the Charlie Parker novels by John Connolly. The new one just came out and I treated myself to the hardback.

Its taken about two weeks.

I do this fairly often - I like a refresher before I read the newest of a series I enjoy.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 28/05/14 17:40:00]

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Try the Masters of Rome series by Colleen McCullough. Each book has 500-800 pages, and the series is 7 books long. Great for boring train journeys.

Just downloaded Pillar of the Earth and its sequel by Ken Follett. They're both about 1000 pages long!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

All the Marquis De Sade books. My head was scrambled afterwards.

"All the Marquis De Sade books. My head was scrambled afterwards. "

I'm not surprised, I've read a very small amount of his works

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"All the Marquis De Sade books. My head was scrambled afterwards.

I'm not surprised, I've read a very small amount of his works"

Its not easy is it?

Dr Seuss Bright and Early board books...no pop ups so was quite a challenge...but thoroughly enjoyable learning about hiffer heffer heffs et al

I'm not surprised, I've read a very small amount of his worksIts not easy is it? "

Nope, I like it though. It adds a whole new dimension to my thoughts on sexual fulfilment

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

A few. Once you get into a series, they get addictive. I'm very concerned about the health of G R R Martin. I'd be most put out if he snuffed it before finishing the books.

"A few. Once you get into a series, they get addictive. I'm very concerned about the health of G R R Martin. I'd be most put out if he snuffed it before finishing the books. "

At least two books to go too! Apparently he's told one of the TV writers the general synopsis in case he keels over, and as he's not the healthiest looking bloke going.....

"A few. Once you get into a series, they get addictive. I'm very concerned about the health of G R R Martin. I'd be most put out if he snuffed it before finishing the books.

At least two books to go too! Apparently he's told one of the TV writers the general synopsis in case he keels over, and as he's not the healthiest looking bloke going....."

The only thing that's putting me of starting Game of Thrones is the fact he hasn't finished it too. I also have the TV series which I've yet to start.

Books first or TV series?

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

BOOKS!!!!!!!

"A few. Once you get into a series, they get addictive. I'm very concerned about the health of G R R Martin. I'd be most put out if he snuffed it before finishing the books.

At least two books to go too! Apparently he's told one of the TV writers the general synopsis in case he keels over, and as he's not the healthiest looking bloke going.....

The only thing that's putting me of starting Game of Thrones is the fact he hasn't finished it too. I also have the TV series which I've yet to start.

Books first or TV series?"

Books. Definitely.

"Dr Seuss Bright and Early board books...no pop ups so was quite a challenge...but thoroughly enjoyable learning about hiffer heffer heffs et al"

I collect Dr Seuss books

I read loads of series - sometimes I'll delay reading a book until I know the series is complete so that I can read them straight through.

Sadly didn't work out with Game of Thrones and now it's on TV just makes it worse waiting!

"Dr Seuss Bright and Early board books...no pop ups so was quite a challenge...but thoroughly enjoyable learning about hiffer heffer heffs et al

I collect Dr Seuss books

I read loads of series - sometimes I'll delay reading a book until I know the series is complete so that I can read them straight through.

Sadly didn't work out with Game of Thrones and now it's on TV just makes it worse waiting!"

Yay, I'm not the old weirdo in the mids!

I think...the only series I recall reading......is David Gemmell's Drenai compendium...

Absorbed by non-fiction at the mo.

I like to collect books to before starting them too. Don't know why.

I have 57 Stephen King books but have yet to start his first book which is Carrie. He has written about 70 books I think. I bought all mine from charity shops and hope to complete the collection this way. Probably won't start reading till I have everyone, which could be never be.

Looks like I will start the Game of Thrones books then.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

You could always really go for it with the 'Gor' series (33 books) or the 'diskworld' series (40 books).

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

I read Game of Thrones one after the other; Tolkien's books; Outlander Series several times and reading the last three books before the new one comes out and various other books too numerous to name! I like reading lol

"I like to collect books to before starting them too. Don't know why.

I have 57 Stephen King books but have yet to start his first book which is Carrie. He has written about 70 books I think. I bought all mine from charity shops and hope to complete the collection this way. Probably won't start reading till I have everyone, which could be never be.

"

Stephen King books stand alone though, whereas Game of Thrones is a series, and one that's still not ended. I would read Carrie even if you don't continue, as its a very very good book. Rescued from the bin by his wife too!

"I read Game of Thrones one after the other; Tolkien's books; Outlander Series several times and reading the last three books before the new one comes out and various other books too numerous to name! I like reading lol"

Me too, I read Tolkien every year without fail. That includes the Silmarillion too which can be hard to read but I love it.

I also have the Sword of Truth series of books by Terry Goodkind which have been compared to Tolkien's work, though I haven't started this series yet.

I buy more books than I can read.

"I like to collect books to before starting them too. Don't know why.

Stephen King books stand alone though, whereas Game of Thrones is a series, and one that's still not ended. I would read Carrie even if you don't continue, as its a very very good book. Rescued from the bin by his wife too! "

Yes I may do, single novels would be easier to get through. I could read that in a couple of days. I quite fancy starting the Dark Tower series though. This is Kings epic he wrote because of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.

Tolkien being my favourite author.

By *ulaWoman  over a year ago

Braintree

I'm nearly finished no 7 of J. R. Ward's 'Black Dagger Brotherhood' series. I have no 8 and no 9 waiting for me. I think there are either 11 or 12 in total. I'm hooked, getting through a book every 4 or 5 days.

"I'm nearly finished no 7 of J. R. Ward's 'Black Dagger Brotherhood' series. I have no 8 and no 9 waiting for me. I think there are either 11 or 12 in total. I'm hooked, getting through a book every 4 or 5 days."

J.R. Ward's DARK LOVER is an awesome, instantly addictive debut novel.

It's a midnight whirlwind of dangerous characters and mesmerizing erotic

romance. The Black Dagger Brotherhood owns me now. Dark fantasy

lovers, you just got served."

Just checked that series out, will look into it. 13th book released in April 2014.

Harry potter 1-7 straight through,

Now reading Lord of the Rings

Braintree

You should they are awesome. No 13 now out is good news as I was dreading the end of the series

"You should they are awesome. No 13 now out is good news as I was dreading the end of the series"

Omg didn't realise there was a 13 th book out! Though currently working my way through the Laurell k Hamilton's merry gentry series as latest book is out on Monday

"You should they are awesome. No 13 now out is good news as I was dreading the end of the series"

I'm hating the fact I've finished the last Jason Bourne Book. I just hope Eric van Lustbader continues it, but for how long I don't know.

I have the first 8 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood in eBook format so I may put them on my kindle now and get started.

Braintree

Just checked, book 13 isn't out until April 2015

I do it often. Game of thrones at least twice, wheel of time up to book nine a couple of times, phillipa gregories I collect so will do all them (not really a series tho)...fantasy and historical are my thing

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

"I read all three Stieg Larrson (sp) books on holiday and I'll often have a reread of series I already own...last one was Harlen Coben's Myron Bolitar series"
im with you on this cas I love Myron Bolitar wish he would write another but iv read a couple of his stand alone books and they were good

"Just checked, book 13 isn't out until April 2015"

Yes your right. The website is incorrect. It says The Kingt was to be released in April 2014. Obviously didn't as you can't buy it yet.

Vampires then, i hope not like Twilight as I'm not a Fan of that series.

"A few. Once you get into a series, they get addictive. I'm very concerned about the health of G R R Martin. I'd be most put out if he snuffed it before finishing the books. "

Like Robert Jordan did? Someone else had to finish them off

Ooo yes forgot terry pratchett...currently working through his various collaberations with other authors

Like Robert Jordan did? Someone else had to finish them off"

Yes, it's the same as the Bourne series being taken over my Eric Van Lustbader. I preferred Robert Ludlums original Bourne Trilogy. Lustbaders Bourne character is good but I prefer the original.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I read all three Stieg Larrson (sp) books on holiday and I'll often have a reread of series I already own...last one was Harlen Coben's Myron Bolitar seriesim with you on this cas I love Myron Bolitar wish he would write another but iv read a couple of his stand alone books and they were good"

I have a bit of a girly crush on Win (I reckon it's BlondeDaz/Taz showing homosexual tendencies cos he's a sociopath)...another fave is Robert Crais' Elvis Cole novels - bit of a thing for Joe Pike too (another socio/psychopath)

Braintree

Not like Twilight, much better written, more gritty and raunchy. The vampires in Twilight are pussies compared to the Brothers

I read all three of the Jeffery Archer books in his sereis about family...can't remember what they're called & he's writing more in the series...couldn't put them down

Enid blytons famous five

"Not like Twilight, much better written, more gritty and raunchy. The vampires in Twilight are pussies compared to the Brothers"

Good to know. I've never even seen the films, just never been interested in them. I do like vampires though.

years ago - i read the virginia andrews lot --

flowers in the attic, petals on the wind etc - just couldnt put them down

"years ago - i read the virginia andrews lot --

flowers in the attic, petals on the wind etc - just couldnt put them down "

That series sounds good, just googled her. Seems like a dark subject though.

By *untimes8Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Laurell K Hamilton 's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series . Have 17 of the series and waiting on another 2 being released over here. Every time there is a new one I go back and read them all again. Definitely vampire books with a difference

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

"Try the Masters of Rome series by Colleen McCullough. Each book has 500-800 pages, and the series is 7 books long. Great for boring train journeys.

Just downloaded Pillar of the Earth and its sequel by Ken Follett. They're both about 1000 pages long! "

Ken Follet, a good writer.

By *untimes8Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"You should they are awesome. No 13 now out is good news as I was dreading the end of the series

Omg didn't realise there was a 13 th book out! Though currently working my way through the Laurell k Hamilton's merry gentry series as latest book is out on Monday"

Only just started the Merry Gentry ones but love her Anita Blake ones

By *nigmatic1Woman  over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

If you like vampire books then you should try the Morganville Vampires books. There's 15 so far and the last page of one book runs straight into the first page of the next! Definitely vampires with a difference!

anne rice is brilliant

"anne rice is brilliant "

I have several of her Vampire Chronicles, including the first trilogy.

Haven't got round to starting them yet though..

I have far to many books and no idea what to start next.

"Laurell K Hamilton 's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series . Have 17 of the series and waiting on another 2 being released over here. Every time there is a new one I go back and read them all again. Definitely vampire books with a difference "

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I'm not surprised, I've read a very small amount of his worksIts not easy is it?

Nope, I like it though. It adds a whole new dimension to my thoughts on sexual fulfilment"

It certainly did that for me.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

"I read all three Stieg Larrson (sp) books on holiday and I'll often have a reread of series I already own...last one was Harlen Coben's Myron Bolitar seriesim with you on this cas I love Myron Bolitar wish he would write another but iv read a couple of his stand alone books and they were good

I have a bit of a girly crush on Win (I reckon it's BlondeDaz/Taz showing homosexual tendencies cos he's a sociopath)...another fave is Robert Crais' Elvis Cole novels - bit of a thing for Joe Pike too (another socio/psychopath) "

me too,should I start worrying

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Earth children series by jean aeul is an interesting read. I read the first when I was about 16 so 1986 ish and she released the 6th and final book in 2011. I grew up with the main character!!

"anne rice is brilliant "

I think I read a series by her that involved a kind of devil bloke going round fucking people - Witches of Eastwick?

"Earth children series by jean aeul is an interesting read. I read the first when I was about 16 so 1986 ish and she released the 6th and final book in 2011. I grew up with the main character!!"

Shame the last two books are crap. Should have finished after Plains of Passage.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"I read Game of Thrones one after the other; Tolkien's books; Outlander Series several times and reading the last three books before the new one comes out and various other books too numerous to name! I like reading lol

Me too, I read Tolkien every year without fail. That includes the Silmarillion too which can be hard to read but I love it.

I also have the Sword of Truth series of books by Terry Goodkind which have been compared to Tolkien's work, though I haven't started this series yet.

I buy more books than I can read. "

Read them too and loved them. You'll enjoy them. I also read Silmarillion. Think it may be easier to read after reading the others now as it will make more sense.

By *exxifun5Couple  over a year ago

NORWICH

"years ago - i read the virginia andrews lot --

flowers in the attic, petals on the wind etc - just couldnt put them down "

I am lookimg for these to re read for my holiday and to pass on to my daughter as I enjoued them at her age ... also loved the casteel family ones she did xx

By *exxifun5Couple  over a year ago

NORWICH

"If you like vampire books then you should try the Morganville Vampires books. There's 15 so far and the last page of one book runs straight into the first page of the next! Definitely vampires with a difference! "

Oops that should be the Mayfair Witches - a little different than the Witches of Eastwick!

Terry Goodkind's first couple of books were brilliant - and got steadily worse thereafter. I remember throwing one across the room it was so awful. A bad case of a cash cow.

"I read Game of Thrones one after the other; Tolkien's books; Outlander Series several times and reading the last three books before the new one comes out and various other books too numerous to name! I like reading lol

I buy more books than I can read.

Read them too and loved them. You'll enjoy them. I also read Silmarillion. Think it may be easier to read after reading the others now as it will make more sense. "

Yes I might start them i have first 11 books, could take a while. I also have Terry Brooks, sword of shannara series of books, which are meant to be good.

"anne rice is brilliant

I have several of her Vampire Chronicles, including the first trilogy.

Haven't got round to starting them yet though..

I have far to many books and no idea what to start next. "

They are really good Ive read them all

Massive Brian lumley. Fan.

Read all the necroscope books usually read them every couple of years. Think there is now 14 books in the series.

If you are a fan of vampire stuff, and all things odd do yourself a favour and read them.

Im going to look him up.

Also Justin Cronin the passage and 12 are brilliant. He has a new one City of mirrors yet to read it tho

"Im going to look him up.

Also Justin Cronin the passage and 12 are brilliant. He has a new one City of mirrors yet to read it tho "

opps not out till oct

» Add a new message to this topic