FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > humbleling..

humbleling..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

sittin out the front on the laptop and guy across the rd from me is out doin his garden, he diggin a bit out for his new decking, nothin unusual in that except he has terminal cancer and been told that he got six months max! everyday he is out doin the garden and potterin around. people stop for a chat even though he can hardly talk because he had his voicebox removed and at nite by 7pm he is knackered he only 60.

great inspiration to me as someone who isnt giving up x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can't fail to admire someone like that!

The other thing is, I know a lady whose husband was given 6 months and he lived for another 6 YEARS! So your neighbour might well get to enjoy his new decking!

i really hope he does!! he a stubborn bugger, was racing the weans along the street the other nite in his mobility scooter!! x

Some people were put on this earth ta show us all what life is really about xx

oh and he is one of them!! xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

We all grumble from time to time about our aches and pains but when you here about someone like this chappy it makes you take stock of things

"We all grumble from time to time about our aches and pains but when you here about someone like this chappy it makes you take stock of things"

It brings reality home doesn't it. Sounds like a brave and determined man.

Forum Mod

Reading this has given me goosebumps

What determination,I hope he has many sunny days sitting out and relaxing on that decking

I would like to go and give him a huge hug

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Sitting here with tears in my eyes, god bless him.

One day Mr Serens came home from work and was unusually quiet. I asked him why, he said that he had been to a hospice for terminally ill children that day and couldn't believe how cheerful they were. They were laughing and playing games despite most of them being desperately ill. He was also blown away by the dedication of the staff there and said it was a very humbling experience ..... There's a lesson for us all there xxx

"Reading this has given me goosebumps

What determination,I hope he has many sunny days sitting out and relaxing on that decking

I would like to go and give him a huge hug "

he really is one o lifes fighters!! if its no the garden its havin races with the local weans on the mobility scooter or dancing about the kitchen! i went over the other day to sort his meds oot as his wife panics in case she gets him wrong and he was dancin about the kitchen his wife said "for someone thats bloody dyin he no doin a good job"! xx

Forum Mod

"Reading this has given me goosebumps

I would like to go and give him a huge hug

he really is one o lifes fighters!! if its no the garden its havin races with the local weans on the mobility scooter or dancing about the kitchen! i went over the other day to sort his meds oot as his wife panics in case she gets him wrong and he was dancin about the kitchen his wife said "for someone thats bloody dyin he no doin a good job"! xx"

He sounds like a total inspiration,his wife will be able to hold on to some wonderful memories and I bet that when the time comes he'll be laughing and joking his way out of here

"i really hope he does!! he a stubborn bugger, was racing the weans along the street the other nite in his mobility scooter!! x"

thats legendary, the poor chap is seriously ill and he still having a laugh with the local kids

"i really hope he does!! he a stubborn bugger, was racing the weans along the street the other nite

what a lovely story

it was my kiddo that came in i said to her what were you doin? oh me and so and so and blah blah were racin jim across the street we were on our bikes he was on his wee scooter thing!! i went over and said to his wife, she says aye the daft bugger was racin them her boy said that they looked out the window and there he was!! he certainly no takin things lyin down thats for sure!! x

true spirit and humility....lovley to read ..

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Thanks for that, has really made me smile.....he puts a lot of us to shame.

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

Sure a shell put my aches and pains on the back burner. Hope he has a lot more races ahead of him

By *ornyandnymphoCouple  over a year ago

poole

He has our greatest admiration. Enjoy what time you have left is our motto.

Think it would be lovely if he was taken out and came home to find his neighbours had got together and done all the hard work for him. (just a thought)

Or maybe completing it himself is what's keeping him going? xx

"He has our greatest admiration. Enjoy what time you have left is our motto.

Think it would be lovely if he was taken out and came home to find his neighbours had got together and done all the hard work for him. (just a thought)

Or maybe completing it himself is what's keeping him going? xx"

he would murder us!!! even goin over to offer to help your told to get into the kitchen and get a cuppa! just a very independant man! he did let the grandson cut the grass today... then got the notepad out and tell him he missed bits then did the rest lol! xx

By *ornyandnymphoCouple  over a year ago

poole

"He has our greatest admiration. Enjoy what time you have left is our motto.

Or maybe completing it himself is what's keeping him going? xx

he would murder us!!! even goin over to offer to help your told to get into the kitchen and get a cuppa! just a very independant man! he did let the grandson cut the grass today... then got the notepad out and tell him he missed bits then did the rest lol! xx"

I know what you mean, there is an old (94) guy near us who has had cancer many times. 6th time now, but sadly this time it's terminal. Our sons who are qualified horticulturists have offered many times to do his garden for free but he won't entertain it. He says it's what keeps him going. The only time he accepted help was when they insisted on removing a large tree stump he was trying to get out!

» Add a new message to this topic