FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mobile phone solar chargers

Mobile phone solar chargers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm thinking of getting one for my iPhone 4 to use for the festivals I should be at - (Swingfields, Festival of Fun and The Secret Garden Party).

Had anyone any advice or experience?

The idea is just to keep my phone topped up for emergencies as I don't intend using it much but feel I need to have it with me just in case I'm needed, and my battery doesn't last long on a good day.. (Separate thread one day coming about iPhone batteries)..,

Anyway... Can anyone recommend a good solar charger for an iphone4s please?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't waste your cash on one. They just don't work. plug. It into your car, also turn off Bluetooth and wifi battery lasts a lot longer then.

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

Ive heard good and bad things about them. If it's cloudy they still work but they are a lot less efficient so you may still run out of battery. I got a rechargeable charger (if that makes sense) charge it up and I could charge my iPhone 3 or 4 times off it. This one holds 3 times more charge than mine so you should easily be OK for a full weekend.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121165722395&alt=web

For others search eBay for external battery charger. Youll need one with a high mAh rating, a minimum of 5000mAh.

These are far more reliable than solar chargers but they do take a long time to charge

Hope that helps

"Ive heard good and bad things about them. If it's cloudy they still work but they are a lot less efficient so you may still run out of battery. I got a rechargeable charger (if that makes sense) charge it up and I could charge my iPhone 3 or 4 times off it. This one holds 3 times more charge than mine so you should easily be OK for a full weekend.

For others search eBay for external battery charger. Youll need one with a high mAh rating, a minimum of 5000mAh.

These are far more reliable than solar chargers but they do take a long time to charge

Hope that helps"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Funny, I was looking at the weekend too. Some have windup charging options, as well as solar, so you have a couple of options on one unit. Consider taking a cheapo basic phone that uses low power, matters less if its wet and dirty etc.

I bought a cheap one for a tenner and it's fine if the device is turned off. But it doesn't supply enough power to charge the phone if it's still on.

Pay a bit and get a better one, or an external battery.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Pay a bit and get a better one, or an external battery. "

Or an external battery with a solar charger

Is it not cheaper just to buy a spare battery?

I bought 1 for a recent trip to Italy, it was a 'freeloader classic' it wasn't very good even when it was 26c and very sunny

By *ourbonKissMan  over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

"Is it not cheaper just to buy a spare battery? "

You can't replace a battery on the iPhone's or many other smartphones for that matter

"Is it not cheaper just to buy a spare battery?

You can't replace a battery on the iPhone's or many other smartphones for that matter "

Well actually... Been chatting to my neighbour who has just replaced the battery in his iPhone 4S. Bought the battery from eBay it came with instructions and special tools and he now gets a full day without needing to re-charge. That may worth doing then some form of portable charger like a car or other portable battery based system. Not yet heard of a solar solution under a £100 that works reliably.

By *ourbonKissMan  over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

You can't replace a battery on the iPhone's or many other smartphones for that matter

Well actually... Been chatting to my neighbour who has just replaced the battery in his iPhone 4S. Bought the battery from eBay it came with instructions and special tools and he now gets a full day without needing to re-charge. That may worth doing then some form of portable charger like a car or other portable battery based system. Not yet heard of a solar solution under a £100 that works reliably. "

Will it void your warranty though?

"Will it void your warranty though?

"

It may, but I doubt even Apple would like to have a court case where it's public record that the 4s battery's don't last a working day

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

If you have the money, this kickstarter project raised nearly 10 times what they asked for. Now retails for £40

http://youtu.be/mTpeVasyq3A

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005QI1A8C/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i have this and it gives a full charge, then replace the batteries and use again

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Ive heard good and bad things about them. If it's cloudy they still work but they are a lot less efficient so you may still run out of battery. I got a rechargeable charger (if that makes sense) charge it up and I could charge my iPhone 3 or 4 times off it. This one holds 3 times more charge than mine so you should easily be OK for a full weekend.

This looks perfect thank you... Do I recharge this off the mains when I need to? Then I can charge the phone while I'm away Nd charge again into return to just keep handy?

If so perfect!

Hope that helps"

Burnley

This looks perfect thank you... Do I recharge this off the mains when I need to? Then I can charge the phone while I'm away Nd charge again into return to just keep handy?

If so perfect!

Hope that helps"

Yes you just charge it once and then you can charge your phone several times with it. I used a similar one for v festival and Glastonbury. Then when it's flat recharge it back up. You'll need to leave it on charge for a full day to charge it up fully

Burnley

If so perfect!

Hope that helps

Yes you just charge it once and then you can charge your phone several times with it. I used a similar one for v festival and Glastonbury. Then when it's flat recharge it back up. You'll need to leave it on charge for a full day to charge it up fully"

They have a couple of USB sockets in them so you just plug your charger cable in and switch it on

You can't replace a battery on the iPhone's or many other smartphones for that matter "

oh right,, i have a spare for my Samsung s4

never owned an iphone so didnt know x

» Add a new message to this topic