FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > does swinging improve you self esteem.

does swinging improve you self esteem.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iceduo OP   Couple (FF)  over a year ago

manchester

As well as having horny fun does anyone else find that this makes them feel better about who or what they are?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nigmatic1Woman  over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

It's certainly and ego booster

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think boosts some and causes disillusionment for others.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

It makes no difference to mine at all, it is just an activity I do every so often.

it means nothing to me.

It can turn some people into egotistical divas

"As well as having horny fun does anyone else find that this makes them feel better about who or what they are?"
judging by the way some folk moan and nit pick on the forums we think it makes people worse

Yes and No, a good meet can make you feel on top of the world but if things go wrong or you have a bad meet there is the feeling of disappointment.

I also find I have some sort of a 'come down' from the adrenaline of a party or good meet. Not that it does anything to my self esteem as such x

manchester

Yes people actually want my body..its amazing they seem to like it a lot more than me lol jenxx

I don't have an ego. I just enjoy the experiences and memories I'm making for my old age

manchester

"

I also find I have some sort of a 'come down' from the adrenaline of a party or good meet. Not that it does anything to my self esteem as such x"

soit not just me then jen xx

Swinging can play the Roller Coaster Helter- Skelter game with your ego

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

For now definitely a boost and hopefully more open minded. See a dark side that I might chase a bucket list as swinging becomes more routine.

it does a bit because my husbands not that interested in sex.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Not particularly, I feel good about myself whether I have a couple of meets a month or don't have one for over a year. I still go out and talk to women in the vanilla world and still pull this way as well. Fab is just another string to ma bow and I use it more for the forums these days anyway

Funnily enough I was thinking the same before. Being very new, both to swinging and this site/forums, I've personally found that it's helped my self esteem greatly. I've never had a good self esteem but since we started I've been gobsmacked by the fact that our pics have been fabbed. Not often but enough lol. I know that we won't be everyone's cup of tea, but just knowing that some people like the look of you does wonders

"Funnily enough I was thinking the same before. Being very new, both to swinging and this site/forums, I've personally found that it's helped my self esteem greatly. I've never had a good self esteem but since we started I've been gobsmacked by the fact that our pics have been fabbed. Not often but enough lol. I know that we won't be everyone's cup of tea, but just knowing that some people like the look of you does wonders "

Yes nice to know someone apreciates you.

Yes and no and at the moment I need mine building up

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I don't have an ego, I don't fall for the bs that you get, I`m old, over-weight, not bad looking in a dim light.

I know how I look in the mirror and don't try to fool myself so I have always had a realistic outlook when it comes to swinging and as long as its mutual and there is a sexual connection its all good for me

I see it as an activity i enjoy, its who i am, don't see it as a boost

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

"Funnily enough I was thinking the same before. Being very new, both to swinging and this site/forums, I've personally found that it's helped my self esteem greatly. I've never had a good self esteem but since we started I've been gobsmacked by the fact that our pics have been fabbed. Not often but enough lol. I know that we won't be everyone's cup of tea, but just knowing that some people like the look of you does wonders

Yes nice to know someone apreciates you. "

keep posting sexy sexy pics and my appreciation will only swell more

"As well as having horny fun does anyone else find that this makes them feel better about who or what they are?judging by the way some folk moan and nit pick on the forums we think it makes people worse "

Think thats mostly the ones who arent getting any isnt it.

manchester

yea thats why i like this, fuck even i can get it, if you cant there must be something wrong with you, fuck im a total freak.

"Yes and no and at the moment I need mine building up "

Although I already know most of its bs sometimes its good to hear lol.....I know I'm fat etc no one saying different will change that.....but I also know with the right person I'm Fucking awesome in bed etc

"Funnily enough I was thinking the same before. Being very new, both to swinging and this site/forums, I've personally found that it's helped my self esteem greatly. I've never had a good self esteem but since we started I've been gobsmacked by the fact that our pics have been fabbed. Not often but enough lol. I know that we won't be everyone's cup of tea, but just knowing that some people like the look of you does wonders

Yes nice to know someone apreciates you.

keep posting sexy sexy pics and my appreciation will only swell more "

Thanks dan i will.

No.

I left last summer as my confidence and self esteem had hit rock bottom and I felt that Fab wasn't the place for me at the time. My confidence is returning slowly, thanks to one or two sexy men on my friends list

On top of this, I've also had two social meets with five lovely Forumites which was an added bonus

It's not always about the sex!

"yea thats why i like this, fuck even i can get it, if you cant there must be something wrong with you, fuck im a total freak. "

You are also female which makes it easy for you on here!

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

I dont swing just in case my winky dross off

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I don't fall for the bullshit...I'm pretty self confident although I still have body issues that only I can sort out...my self esteem is ok without being arrogant (in my opinion - others may disagree)

manchester

"yea thats why i like this, fuck even i can get it, if you cant there must be something wrong with you, fuck im a total freak.

You are also female which makes it easy for you on here! "

im a trans one, never thought people might want me but they do.. loads of them.

ayrshire

Dross?? Yes that too i want falls

ayrshire

Wants?? I meant meant

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

Its great to see the non painful sexual confidence it give to some. However more often than no it inflates egos and makes quite a few climb up their own arse.

ayrshire

"Its great to see the non painful sexual confidence it give to some. However more often than no it inflates egos and makes quite a few climb up their own arse."
theres a guy already trying to go fist first

"As well as having horny fun does anyone else find that this makes them feel better about who or what they are?"

I'm not sure it's the swinging per sai but attending clubs and seeing all sorts of shapes and sizes wandering around naked and confident in their own skins....and seeing how desired they are by others...has really helped me get over the little niggles I had about my own body! Think I'm actually more comfortable naked in that environment now than I am all dressed up for a night out!

Well hopefully 1 day I might be able to say yes as I'm yet to try swinging

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"Its great to see the non painful sexual confidence it give to some. However more often than no it inflates egos and makes quite a few climb up their own arse."

I don't have am ego, I seem to get a fair few compliments when I'm out and about, which I do go a bit shy at.

Then there are some that are bullshit.

I have never been a look at me woman, I would always take it on the chin if I was not someone's preference, it is life, and I would not need a ego boost for that.

Her

it can do but it can also knock it about a lot, depends on how lucky you are.

Most of the guys just cut and paste the same message to all women, wink all women, as the law of sod says at least one will reply if you message enough, they don't want you they just want a shag, no that don't boost my ego at all

"it can do but it can also knock it about a lot, depends on how lucky you are."

Yes thats true.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Most of the guys just cut and paste the same message to all women, wink all women, as the law of sod says at least one will reply if you message enough, they don't want you they just want a shag, no that don't boost my ego at all "

Totally agree!

manchester

"Most of the guys just cut and paste the same message to all women, wink all women, as the law of sod says at least one will reply if you message enough, they don't want you they just want a shag, no that don't boost my ego at all "

well thanks for pissing on my parade

Winked all 3 of you.

A fair point. The problem is there is only so many way to start a message off with. True a lot of message they just cut and paste. But then some profiles give you nothing at all to work off. Get them to read past the first line or two can be hard. It is all part of life, and the instant shag mind set.

"Winked all 3 of you."

got something in your eye?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This question pops up every now and then on fab. I put myself in charge of my life, its errors and successes, and dont tend to rely on external stuff much for feeling good etc, as its a bit of a short lived mugs game. That said, after the recent death in my family, I took comfort and tenderness where I could, and some interest was affirming, even though I didnt get out to clubs much. I think it is important to keep yourself in good spirits however you can, and Id not close it off as an option.

It does make me realise that women still want me which always surprises me. So I guess yes it does,

"It does make me realise that women still want me which always surprises me. So I guess yes it does, "

i think its different for men, as men outnumber women and couples by so many if someone mails you it means they like you and have picked you out, i can see why it would be a boost for men

In the middle

"Well hopefully 1 day I might be able to say yes as I'm yet to try swinging "

Well you sit on the seat and I will give you a push

manchester

I also made a special friend on here, so its not just about sex, some one wanted more than sex.

In the middle

"It does make me realise that women still want me which always surprises me. So I guess yes it does, "

Thing is you look good and you write such sensual things in the forum when the moment takes you, what`s not to want

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I always was reasonably confident and self aware but this site has made me much more appreciative of variety.

Self esteem is normally linked with self improvement, and there is little of that to be gained here apart from a few (sexual experience, friendship, open mindedness). I think the rest is fairly superficial.

I dunno, I don't think it's improved or decreased mine.

manchester

i think deep and meaningful friendship is something worthwhile, no matter how it originally came about.

"I also made a special friend on here, so its not just about sex, some one wanted more than sex. "

Friends with benefits is the best. I do like cooking them breakfast in bed.

"I think boosts some and causes disillusionment for others."

agree with this x

"I also made a special friend on here, so its not just about sex, some one wanted more than sex.

Friends with benefits is the best. I do like cooking them breakfast in bed. "

Breakfast in bed!!! Nice x

manchester

"I also made a special friend on here, so its not just about sex, some one wanted more than sex.

Friends with benefits is the best. I do like cooking them breakfast in bed. "

Im thinking more emotional benefits than physical ones.

I don't consider myself a swinger per se but since being on here, attending clubs & meeting a variety of people I am definitely more body confident ~ happy to strip off anywhere.....!!

so to answer your question, Yes

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

Emm here - no it doesn't boost my ego at all. In fact, if anything it's probably dented it after all the BBW threads I've had the misfortune to read lately.

If a guy were to message me or shows an interest at a club then I assume it's because he simply wants a shag and not because he fancies 'me'. Cynical much?

"It does make me realise that women still want me which always surprises me. So I guess yes it does,

Thing is you look good and you write such sensual things in the forum when the moment takes you, what`s not to want "

Why thank you ma'am, self esteem is now through the roof

manchester

"Emm here - no it doesn't boost my ego at all. In fact, if anything it's probably dented it after all the BBW threads I've had the misfortune to read lately.

If a guy were to message me or shows an interest at a club then I assume it's because he simply wants a shag and not because he fancies 'me'. Cynical much?"

umm doesn't that mean he fancies you if hew wants to shag you?

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

nope - it satisfies my bollocks and my bollocks alone. I get my thrills through sex not through one-upmanship

Im thinking more emotional benefits than physical ones. "

It is good to have someone there for, to talk to go and do things with. Me I like doing little this for me to make them happy. Like breakfast in bed, I love when it is done for me.

I have an free slot going.

its nice meeting different types of people who also like what you like.

Breakfast in bed!!! Nice x

"

I was down your way to day as well, could of save me the drive home after going to Milford Haven.

It can be a bit of an ego boost but a very superficial one. It's not something to be doing if you're seeking a boost though.

You're not a bad fuck for an oldie

Reading some of the hundreds of "whine" posts on here it certainly doesn't for the single blokes doing the whingeing..... Lol.

It works well for me tho... I feel well "boosted"!!

Men desperate to "empty their balls", stating they want 'NSA' but meaning they want a free prostitute, men that will say and do anything to get their dick wet.

Yeah... makes me feel fantastic....

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

it has given me some sexy new lady friends

So anyway, I need to shoot my beans... who's free?

"Men desperate to "empty their balls", stating they want 'NSA' but meaning they want a free prostitute, men that will say and do anything to get their dick wet.

Yeah... makes me feel fantastic.... "

Awww hun that's not good

I can honestly say everyone I've met have been the exact opposite to what you have described.

"Men desperate to "empty their balls", stating they want 'NSA' but meaning they want a free prostitute, men that will say and do anything to get their dick wet.

Yeah... makes me feel fantastic....

Awww hun that's not good

I can honestly say everyone I've met have been the exact opposite to what you have described.

"

I haven't met anyone like that, it's just the mail I've had and profiles I've seen. I go looking for people myself so I can avoid those types. x

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Personally, as a couple of 40 year olds, our first trip out to a club certainly boosted both of our ego's... Not only were we amongst the slimmer clientele, but there was also no shortage of people wanting to meet us...

So yes

Depends on what you think NSA is, to me is none of the drama full blown relationship. so i can go out with other women not have to have gps fitted to my arse all the time and so on.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

if you hit a few good tee shots you do feel better as you go round the back nine lol

I don't play on here for ego as such, but there was one meet in particular that literally showed me what my life was missing and know I know exactly what kind of woman I like,just to find her....

What's a free prostitute?

Yes i know what you mean.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My self esteem has been intact for a while...to be honest I say thank you to compliments I receive but I'm sure some say in just to get my knickers around my ankles

"My self esteem has been intact for a while...to be honest I say thank you to compliments I receive but I'm sure some say in just to get my knickers around my ankles "
I know what yer mean Cheeky I have the same problem with my red pants

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

Yes and no. I do think it helps having a thick skin cause swinging has some harsh characters with big egos and bigger mouths

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"My self esteem has been intact for a while...to be honest I say thank you to compliments I receive but I'm sure some say in just to get my knickers around my ankles I know what yer mean Cheeky I have the same problem with my red pants "

They are very sexy

This site can boost your ego but it can shoot it down just has quick

"What's a free prostitute?"

One you dont have to pay.

"My self esteem has been intact for a while...to be honest I say thank you to compliments I receive but I'm sure some say in just to get my knickers around my ankles I know what yer mean Cheeky I have the same problem with my red pants

They are very sexy "

Has I am sure yours would be round your ankles

"What's a free prostitute?

One you dont have to pay."

Which makes no sense.

I have sex for free with strangers. I don't consider myself a prostitute.

[Removed by poster at 26/05/14 20:55:33]

Which makes no sense.

I have sex for free with strangers. I don't consider myself a prostitute."

No me neither but to some men you arent much different. Not that there is anything wrong with a prostitute.

Its done wonders for me got so much more confident still some more to come lol x

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"Emm here - no it doesn't boost my ego at all. In fact, if anything it's probably dented it after all the BBW threads I've had the misfortune to read lately.

If a guy were to message me or shows an interest at a club then I assume it's because he simply wants a shag and not because he fancies 'me'. Cynical much?

umm doesn't that mean he fancies you if hew wants to shag you? "

Not necessarily. It could well mean he's been knocked back by the gorgeous blonde he was hoping to get jiggy with.

I'm a realist.

yes yes and oh yes

"Yes and No, a good meet can make you feel on top of the world but if things go wrong or you have a bad meet there is the feeling of disappointment.

I also find I have some sort of a 'come down' from the adrenaline of a party or good meet. Not that it does anything to my self esteem as such x"

Exactly this

Which makes no sense.

No me neither but to some men you arent much different. Not that there is anything wrong with a prostitute."

That's what I was wondering. Seems a pointless thing to say.

Which makes no sense.

No me neither but to some men you arent much different. Not that there is anything wrong with a prostitute."

Exactly.

It's a total lack of respect from some men. There is a certain 'respect' for a man to pay a prostitute. When I said 'free prostitute' I meant when a man disrespects a woman so much he wouldn't even pay her. Worse than a piece of meat.

I'm not made of money you know.

Improves ur self esteem massively! Soon found out porn destroys it haha! And just on here with normal people is the way forward ha

Which makes no sense.

No me neither but to some men you arent much different. Not that there is anything wrong with a prostitute.

Exactly.

It's a total lack of respect from some men. There is a certain 'respect' for a man to pay a prostitute. When I said 'free prostitute' I meant when a man disrespects a woman so much he wouldn't even pay her. Worse than a piece of meat."

There are plenty of women that are no better - making lists of demands about how their meat should look and behave.

Avoid them. Problem solved.

umm doesn't that mean he fancies you if hew wants to shag you?

Not necessarily. It could well mean he's been knocked back by the gorgeous blonde he was hoping to get jiggy with.

I'm a realist."

Yes thats true you would have to be bit stupid not to realise that most men want younger, slimmer women.

Which makes no sense.

Exactly.

It's a total lack of respect from some men. There is a certain 'respect' for a man to pay a prostitute. When I said 'free prostitute' I meant when a man disrespects a woman so much he wouldn't even pay her. Worse than a piece of meat.

There are plenty of women that are no better - making lists of demands about how their meat should look and behave.

Avoid them. Problem solved."

Wish I'd thought of that.

By *picyrodMan  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Makes me float n buzz but I'm like that anyways

Which makes no sense.

Exactly.

It's a total lack of respect from some men. There is a certain 'respect' for a man to pay a prostitute. When I said 'free prostitute' I meant when a man disrespects a woman so much he wouldn't even pay her. Worse than a piece of meat."

Yes thats true.

By *cankeepMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Works for me - I've been astounded at the quality of totty I've pulled on this and other websites. Many of whom I would have though waaay out of my league!

Had me walking down into Norwich with a spring in my step in the last few weeks

Which makes no sense.

Exactly.

Avoid them. Problem solved."

Yes well they are giving it away for nothing arent they.

By *unPeteMan  over a year ago

Near Bristol

So far the positives outweigh the negatives and for a day or two after a good meet, life feels good in every respect. So I'd say it has improved my self esteem, albeit short lived as the mudanity of life takes over.

Doing weights does it for me

"It's certainly and ego booster "

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

No.

This is like any other day at work or out shopping etc.. meet some great people, meet some tossers.

Just here, the odds are slightly better of meeting someone just for what you want.

I wouldn't say it makes me feel better about myself. More sated perhaps. At the end of the day there are a lot more men than women on here. I think the majority of women (if not all) are guaranteed a shag if they wanted. I don't see how that can lift my self esteem. Men on the other hand, have a lot of competition. So when they get singled out for a meet, I can understand why it would be good for their self esteem.

» Add a new message to this topic