FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do you define "cheating"?

How do you define "cheating"?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The Bishop and I are having a discussion about cheating. We have agreed cheating involves lying, hiding or somehow otherwise being deceitful about sexual practices with others. What is your definition?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Same as yours really

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All the above, and trying to justify all the above.

Her

Yes I agree with everyone else here. Also there's a grey area around "sexual practice". People can sometimes feel that they're cheating just by meeting up with members of the opposite sex for a cuppa. If they then don't tell their partner this adds to that feeling. Ultimately, however, this isn't really cheating but it is still problematical because there's hiding going on. I guess if this platonic relationship starts to take on an air of romance, and the partner still knows nothing about it, then it does indeed tip over into cheating...and I guess that's how people get caught out and find themselves in that situation.

By *beautifulpainCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Honesty is all it takes to be faithful

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

YYY! Cheating is not about what you do but how you do it and breaking bonds of trust.

Is cheating just limited to sexual practice? I have known women will were far more devastated by their man having an emotional intimacy with another woman than they would've been had he just fucked another woman. So, where would that fit into the picture?

I think it depends on your sex, for men it would be more about their partner being sexually involved with someone and for women it would be more about their partner being emotionally involved with someone.

Getting caught with an Ace up your sleeve is definitely cheating.

Gimp

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Cheating is doing something that someone who loves you would be hurt by and concealing it from them.

By *issLissCouple  over a year ago

south east

I think it purely down to your relationship and the limits you set. Every serious relationship has had that discussion but sometimes you don't discuss every possible event to say yes/no/yes etc.. (Unless you have a blanket rule) If one half feels like that have been cheated on then they have been cheated on. The other party has no right to tell them they are wrong. I've cheated and been cheated on, from my experience it's a shit thing to do but if it happens telling your partner ASAP is the most important part in saving your relationship. Because it's the lies afterwards that hurt just as much, if not the most.

Cheating is breaking or bending the rules for personal gain. In a relationship you create the rules as a couple so what constitutes cheating depends on what your rules are.

"Cheating is doing something that someone who loves you would be hurt by and concealing it from them. "

Yep...if you hide it (whatever 'it' is that you've done with someone else), it's cheating

Abusing trust..

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

Anything that takes you away from a partner or relationship is cheating, even if you never meet but your attention is focused on someone else it's cheating

» Add a new message to this topic