FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Drivers who aren't disabled using disabled spaces!

Drivers who aren't disabled using disabled spaces!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man  over a year ago

folkestone

Does it wind anyone else up, that lazy car drivers use disabled spaces at places like supermarkets because they can't be bothered to walk far?.

I went to my local Tesco on saturday at a busy time and counted 8 spaces used up by cars who didnt have a disabled badge. One car was even a convertible car - something i can't imagine a disabled person using to be driving or be driven about in.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

should be uthanasia for them lol

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

They should just make more disabled spaces so we can all have one.

I just go supermarket at night when disabled people aren't allowed out and then they don't mind me using their parking spaces.... and the convertable owners are all down the golf club.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

the lassie i used to support was disabled and had a convertible....

but folk usin disabled spaces when there nothin wrong with them and no badge is buggin!!

but so is gettin yapped at by old folk when using one and you do have a badge because there is no obvious sign of disability! they usually no long in shuttin up when you point the badge out to them...x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

How do you know these people arnt disabled? Just cause they have two legs that they can walk on. They could have heart problems where they can only walk short distances. Not all disabilities are noticable

We went to Ikea once and a disabled driver parked in a baby and mother bay that we were waiting for as he couldn’t be bothered to find a disabled bay we had words with him and ended up using the bay he should have been in there may be a lot of inconsiderate none disabled divers but disabled drivers can be just as bad

Some disabilities dont show - for example a bad heart or poor lung capacity. Some people have the Disability priviledge because they have mental health problems which would not be "seen" by others.

I personally would not park in a disabled space.

I know non disabled people parking in disabled bays are annoying but i get pretty pissed off with people who assume cause you can walk your not disabled

"We went to Ikea once and a disabled driver parked in a baby and mother bay that we were waiting for as he couldn’t be bothered to find a disabled bay we had words with him and ended up using the bay he should have been in there may be a lot of inconsiderate none disabled divers but disabled drivers can be just as bad

"

I agree with that! the amount of folk gong into mothers and babies is just as bad...and they think it's more acceptable and the biggest culprits are disabled drivers.

Going on from the convertible comment...anyne seen the new nissan add fr mobility? some young girl saying tat just cause she's disabled doesnt mean she cant be flash and that cars purchased on mobility arent all clunky cheap boxes and as an added bonus...you get a new one every three years! (I think I've just married two threads here)

"I know non disabled people parking in disabled bays are annoying but i get pretty pissed off with people who assume cause you can walk your not disabled"

That is exactly what I was trying to say

I share your hatred of people abusing the disabled parking spaces and indeed the whole Blue Badge scheme but have to agree that sometimes it's not obvious what the disability is.

We never got a Blue Badge, she saw that as the final admission she was on her way out. We therefore never used the disabled spaces.

Our motability car was a Renault Megane convertible. We chose it partly because it was a nice car but a large reason was my late wife struggled to get into cars so I nearly always raised the roof so she could "step" into the car rather than crouch. However I am at a loss as to why cars such as the Mazda MX5 can be classed as motability cars because even with the roof down it takes a fit person to get in.

My Mum has a convertible and she's disabled. Most days to look at her you'd not know there was anything wrong with her. When things take a turn for the worst though, her car needs to be close-by to get her home (with my Step Dad driving of course, not her).

Also, disabled badges can be used by others who are performing business for someone who is disabled. If I had to leave Mum alone to go into town to do some banking for her for example, then I can use them in my car.

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

"Does it wind anyone else up, that lazy car drivers use disabled spaces at places like supermarkets because they can't be bothered to walk far?.

I went to my local Tesco on saturday at a busy time and counted 8 spaces used up by cars who didnt have a disabled badge. One car was even a convertible car - something i can't imagine a disabled person using to be driving or be driven about in. "

You'll be amazed to know that disabled drivers can drive whatever car they want to. Also not all disabled people have motability cars. The blue badge is issued by the Local Authority and you don't have to have a motability car to get that. The blue badge also saves money when entering Wales too as there is no fee on the bridge. I also believe that there isn't the requirement to display your blue badge on your vehicle in supermarket car parks but there is in car parks where payment is required and blue badge holders park for free. Long gone are the days when motability cars were sky blue and had 3 wheels.

it is one of my pet hates i was in tesco at the weekend with my sister and new baby she has a tesco badge so she can park in thge paretn part a group of foreign lads took the spot we were waiting for i got out and asked them where there badge was or even their child and was given a gob full of abuse and called racist ?????????

i was so bloody pissed of as it was soo hot and i was on nights outa spite i went down all the parent parking taking down the car numbers of anyone who didnt have a tesco badge or at least car seat in , i took my list in and asked to see the manager , i got told how busy he was bla bla so i explianed what had happend and got to see a deputy who was about 10 after a very irrate 20 mins they put and announcement over the tanoy asking people to report to the customer services , might not have made slightest bit of differnce but made me feel better

Bridgend

"I share your hatred of people abusing the disabled parking spaces and indeed the whole Blue Badge scheme but have to agree that sometimes it's not obvious what the disability is.

We never got a Blue Badge, she saw that as the final admission she was on her way out. We therefore never used the disabled spaces.

Our motability car was a Renault Megane convertible. We chose it partly because it was a nice car but a large reason was my late wife struggled to get into cars so I nearly always raised the roof so she could "step" into the car rather than crouch. However I am at a loss as to why cars such as the Mazda MX5 can be classed as motability cars because even with the roof down it takes a fit person to get in.

"

Not all disabilities are physically restrictive, some disabilities are mental, so I think that's answered your question.

"

Not all disabilities are physically restrictive, some disabilities are mental, so I think that's answered your question."

Fair point.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

My local sainsbury's has 381 spaces, of which 44 are disabled spaces. I have never seen more than a quarter of them occupied at once.

So, sometimes I do use them, although I make a point of using one of the less convenient ones, on the off chance that 20 disabled badge holders suddenly turn up. In my limited defence, it's usually only a ten minute visit.

Scum, that's me! Although I don't do it anywhere else - must be something subconscious.

"I share your hatred of people abusing the disabled parking spaces and indeed the whole Blue Badge scheme but have to agree that sometimes it's not obvious what the disability is.

"

because it may be what the person wants??

disability is not just physical, it can be mental or a learning disability!

iv supported people who were fitter than me in body but in the mind things just didnt work hence why they needed support and were entitled to it and also to use their mobility money for whatever kind of car THEY wanted!

the girl i spoke about with the convertible was able bodied to an extent when she ran she was faster than most of the staff but her condition meant she couldnt speak or do simple tasks for herself, she chose the convertible and we agreed as she was just a young girl and it was a young girl car why should she have a skoda or astra whatever to be marked out as different x

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

if it ain't got a disabled badge let its tyres down! (might add to the inconvenience to other users but the abled bodied driver will have to pump them up again and that will cost more time and effort than parking elsewhere and walking!) or failing that report it to the shop security and get them to clamp it Next time they will not park in a disabled bay

"

Not all disabilities are physically restrictive, some disabilities are mental, so I think that's answered your question."

Serious question (and not just to the person I have quoted) as I am curious:

Which mental impairments can you get a blue badge for... and still be allowed to drive.

"

Not all disabilities are physically restrictive, some disabilities are mental, so I think that's answered your question.

Fair point. "

Indeed.

I am aware of one family having the sticker for having an autistic child - the child was so difficult to "manage" when he was put through what he thought a different routine, he would scream and kick and become quite violent.

The ability to park a bit closer and finding iteasier to find a space certainly helps that family

folkestone

My local supermarket has introduced a time limit in the car park, and signs up saying anyone not parking in the correct space will be liable to fines, but they never seem to enforce it. If they don't enforce it, all you get eventually is people like me who are considerate, and who park right at the back and walk, will just say @@*k that, why should i bother?.

"

Which mental impairments can you get a blue badge for... and still be allowed to drive.

"

the car can be driven by your family/support/carer. as for mental illness and driving im no really sure about as iv never worked with anyone who had one and could do the other x

"My local supermarket has introduced a time limit in the car park, and signs up saying anyone not parking in the correct space will be liable to fines, but they never seem to enforce it. If they don't enforce it, all you get eventually is people like me who are considerate, and who park right at the back and walk, will just say @@*k that, why should i bother?. "

they do that at ours, but it is a well known fact that the only way it can be enforced would be to take it to court. not sure it's worth the time or effort or expense....

folkestone

"

the car can be driven by your family/support/carer. as for mental illness and driving im no really sure about as iv never worked with anyone who had one and could do the other x"

Im assuming the person who is disabled has to actually be in the car when the blue badge is being used?. If not then surely it can be just open to abuse?

Bridgend

"

"

The point I was making re: Jim was that not all disabilities are physically restrictive. eg. heart condition which would not prevent you getting in and out of a mazda mx5. The recipient of the blue badge does not have to be the driver, the driver could accompany the holder or be on business on behalf of the badge holder re: mental impairment.

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

my daughter is disabled and we have a mobilty car, but i have not applyed for a blue badge, if she is fit enough to walk around a shopping center that day or if she needs to use her buggy walkin a few more paces aint gonna kill her.

even when she is older i will be the same is she is well enough to walk or be pushed around a shopping center for half hour or so then parking right out side the door aint gonna change nothing.

some people may need to be closer yea maybe 2 out of ten, but all this just cos we are disabled dont mean we should be treated any diffrent stuff then park in a normal space!

*waits for the abuse haha*

"My local supermarket has introduced a time limit in the car park, and signs up saying anyone not parking in the correct space will be liable to fines, but they never seem to enforce it. If they don't enforce it, all you get eventually is people like me who are considerate, and who park right at the back and walk, will just say @@*k that, why should i bother?.

they do that at ours, but it is a well known fact that the only way it can be enforced would be to take it to court. not sure it's worth the time or effort or expense...."

asda in kilmarnock its a 60 quid fine if you park in a disabled bay with no badge and they enforce it!! seen a few gettin ticketed last wk,...... yes i did laugh!! x

"

the car can be driven by your family/support/carer. as for mental illness and driving im no really sure about as iv never worked with anyone who had one and could do the other x"

Depends on the mental illness and how servere it is whether you can hold a driving license or not. As for parking in disabled areas, some mental health patients find it difficult to be out in the open i guess or get paranoid when having to walk distances.

I cant hold a driving license but i get a free bus pass (this is up to your locl authority not all do it) could use it on the trains at one time but they have stopped that now

"my daughter is disabled and we have a mobilty car, but i have not applyed for a blue badge, if she is fit enough to walk around a shopping center that day or if she needs to use her buggy walkin a few more paces aint gonna kill her.

even when she is older i will be the same is she is well enough to walk or be pushed around a shopping center for half hour or so then parking right out side the door aint gonna change nothing.

some people may need to be closer yea maybe 2 out of ten, but all this just cos we are disabled dont mean we should be treated any diffrent stuff then park in a normal space!

*waits for the abuse haha*"

why anyone give you abuse you actually being sensible?? xx

"My local supermarket has introduced a time limit in the car park, and signs up saying anyone not parking in the correct space will be liable to fines, but they never seem to enforce it. If they don't enforce it, all you get eventually is people like me who are considerate, and who park right at the back and walk, will just say @@*k that, why should i bother?.

they do that at ours, but it is a well known fact that the only way it can be enforced would be to take it to court. not sure it's worth the time or effort or expense...."

Isn't the whole thing just about mutual respect? In this case respecting space allocated to disabled people and their carers, in other instances about parents with young children etc. I know that sounds a bit idealistic but I do believe that if most of us do the right thing it MAY havea positive role model effect on others. I know it wont cure all but hey... its worth it, maybe?

finger licking good

"my daughter is disabled and we have a mobilty car, but i have not applyed for a blue badge, if she is fit enough to walk around a shopping center that day or if she needs to use her buggy walkin a few more paces aint gonna kill her.

*waits for the abuse haha*

why anyone give you abuse you actually being sensible?? xx"

cos i dont like disabled spaces (well not as many as there are lol)

I think I'm gonna apply for a blue badge on behalf of my dad.

*waits for the abuse haha*"

I can totally see where you are coming from, too - it is like not being labelled as different, isn't it?

A dyslexic friend always refused extra help at school and uni including expensive pc equipment, because he did not want to be labelled. He did and does things the hard way

they got extra room... not sayin your drivin dodgy lol!!

you are entitled to it because of the wee one and means your not payin for parking and can use it if sha havin an off day and not wantin to walk or that x

"Does it wind anyone else up, that lazy car drivers use disabled spaces at places like supermarkets because they can't be bothered to walk far?.

I went to my local Tesco on saturday at a busy time and counted 8 spaces used up by cars who didnt have a disabled badge. One car was even a convertible car - something i can't imagine a disabled person using to be driving or be driven about in. "

I have a disabled badge and drive a van, and a car ....

Just because I have a badge doen't mean I'm a total cabbage.

I'm sure the same goes for convertible drivers ...

finger licking good

"they got extra room... not sayin your drivin dodgy lol!!

you are entitled to it because of the wee one and means your not payin for parking and can use it if sha havin an off day and not wantin to walk or that x"

i park so bad i always got extra room anyways. but na there is nothing that bad with her that now or in 20 years time that if she wants to go out and is healthy to go out round shops or stuff then she can b pushed or walk a few more bloody places with out doing damage to herself,

if ur healthy enough to walk or be pushed around a shopping center, town, then whats a few more walking spaces? if its that bad how can u be out doing ya shopping and stuff.? people might not agree with me but thats just how i see it even with my own disabled child.

poor kid huh lmao

This thread makes me laugh .....

It appears that f your disabled in some way that you shouldn't be allowed to drive certain types of car

It seems that it's ok to drive a Renault Megane convertibe but one wonders at how someone disabled is entitled to drive a Mazda MX5 .... WTF !!!

Is their some kind of hierarchy going on here, or is it just plain old jealousy. Maybe if your diabled you should still drive the old green 3 wheeler invalid carriages that Remploy made many years ago - just so the entre world knew that you were part of an inferior sub class

you are entitled to it because of the wee one and means your not payin for parking and can use it if sha havin an off day and not wantin to walk or that x

i park so bad i always got extra room anyways. but na there is nothing that bad with her that now or in 20 years time that if she wants to go out and is healthy to go out round shops or stuff then she can b pushed or walk a few more bloody places with out doing damage to herself,

if ur healthy enough to walk or be pushed around a shopping center, town, then whats a few more walking spaces? if its that bad how can u be out doing ya shopping and stuff.? people might not agree with me but thats just how i see it even with my own disabled child.

poor kid huh lmao"

are you the one is the asda carpark takin up 4 spaces???

you know best your her mum!

but when you pushin a 20 stone person in a wheelchair ,sometimes the less distance you need to push the better!! x

finger licking good

poor kid huh lmao

but when you pushin a 20 stone person in a wheelchair ,sometimes the less distance you need to push the better!! x"

when she starts getting too fat i gonna do one of two things, leave her somewhere or stop feeding her so much!!!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Some facts about disabled parking bays in private car parks (ie supermarkets)

Drivers who display a current Blue badge are legally permitted to park anywhere in a carpark (including a Mother and Child Space), but Mother and Children badge holders cannot park in a disabled bay.

If you have any doubts about this ask the supermarket and they will give you details about this, the reasoning is that if a disabled person has to park they need to get as close to the store as they can, if they arrive and all the disabled bays are taken they are legally permitted to park where they like providing it does not cause an obstruction.

The last time I looked it was not a disability to have a child, when I had my sons (a long time ago) it was a pleasure and not a physical impairment.

Mother and Child parking is a courtesy by the stores, whereas disabled parking bays are a legal requirement under planning laws for supermarkets and out of town stores.

poor kid huh lmao

but when you pushin a 20 stone person in a wheelchair ,sometimes the less distance you need to push the better!! x

when she starts getting too fat i gonna do one of two things, leave her somewhere or stop feeding her so much!!! "

lets do daughter swap for a wk!! i think you may just terrorise mine into behavin lol!!! xx

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"Also, disabled badges can be used by others who are performing business for someone who is disabled. If I had to leave Mum alone to go into town to do some banking for her for example, then I can use them in my car."

If that is right, it is disgusting! No matter what the disability of the person who holds the blue badge, it doesn't extend to anyone else!

I spoke to my Dad tonight, he and my Mum have a blue badge and they are both necessary, but he assures me that it is ONLY for the person it is issued to. In fact, he reckons he could lose his badge if anyone else uses it without them being in the car!

He is 87 and may well be not quite as sharp as a youngster like me (52) but I tend to think that is right!

"Also, disabled badges can be used by others who are performing business for someone who is disabled. If I had to leave Mum alone to go into town to do some banking for her for example, then I can use them in my car.

If that is right, it is disgusting! No matter what the disability of the person who holds the blue badge, it doesn't extend to anyone else!

I spoke to my Dad tonight, he and my Mum have a blue badge and they are both necessary, but he assures me that it is ONLY for the person it is issued to. In fact, he reckons he could lose his badge if anyone else uses it without them being in the car!

He is 87 and may well be not quite as sharp as a youngster like me (52) but I tend to think that is right!"

as far as im aware, you can only use it if the holder is in the car x

Torquay

This is the Blue Badge user entitlement according to the official government website...

The trip must be for your benefit only and you must be using the vehicle.

• You must never give your badge to friends or family to allow them to park for free without you, even if they are visiting you.

Do not allow other people to display the badge in the vehicle, unless:

• someone, travelling with you, is waiting for you to return to the vehicle (although consideration should be given to using a car park wherever possible); or

• someone is driving you in or out of an area, which is only accessible to vehicles displaying a Blue Badge, in order to pick up or drop you off

Says nothing about going on errands for a disabled person

I consider them as one of the scums of this earth!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I totally agree with Pearl Necklace on this......hate people who ignore the rights, needs n wishes of the disabled person

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"I totally agree with Pearl Necklace on this......hate people who ignore the rights, needs n wishes of the disabled person "

Ahhh well sometimes the disabled are treat appallingly at times. You see people shouting at them just because they are in a wheelchair. Respect should be given more i think

Bridgend

"I totally agree with Pearl Necklace on this......hate people who ignore the rights, needs n wishes of the disabled person

Ahhh well sometimes the disabled are treat appallingly at times. You see people shouting at them just because they are in a wheelchair. Respect should be given more i think "

I agree totally, there has been an increase in assaults both verbal and physical against those with disabilities. It's a cowardly and contemptible crime.

Its also a shame some disabled drivers choose to park outside the front door on the roadway rather than use the empty disabled spaces 20 feet away, so while it can be annoying that people park where they shouldn't, both can be guilty of it.

my dad is disabled and i dont mean he has a dodgy hip of something that others think makes them disabled but hes in a wheel chair and has been for over 40 years.

the times we have been some where and couldnt park in a big enough space to get him in/out of the car, shame on anyone who uses a disabled car space. I always look in the car and if its a geared car and no hand controls then im sorry but if you can drive that then you can walk, i have a load of stickers i carry in the car saying thank you for ruining a disabled persons day, and always put one on their windscreen.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The person who has been issued the blue badge has to be driving the car or be a passenger in it to be able to use the badge. Someone on an errand for the disabled person isn't allowed to use the badge...and rightly so.

As for mother and baby parking bays........we all got on fine when our kids were little, we managed to get the children in and out of the car the same way as anyone gets in and out and then did a radical thing of keeping hold of their hands while walking to the shop.

Why they need their own car park spaces god knows.

shouting "What's your disability? bloody laziness!" will always give them a red face, i've done this quiet a few times and it always is at supermarkets, I find Asda attracts the worst of them, some just park outside the main entrance and not even in a car parking bay "cause they're only running in for 1 thing"

Torquay

As I said before on a similar thread on here my husband, being an argumentative sod, decided to berate a young police officer who parked in a supermarket disabled bay before coming out of the shop with his sandwich and packet of crisps....

He even went into the local police station to make a complaint about it....bad move that, as the Chief Inspector that was called to the front desk tore into hubby and virtually told him to feck off out of the station and stop wasting their time....

"As I said before on a similar thread on here my husband, being an argumentative sod, decided to berate a young police officer who parked in a supermarket disabled bay before coming out of the shop with his sandwich and packet of crisps....

He even went into the local police station to make a complaint about it....bad move that, as the Chief Inspector that was called to the front desk tore into hubby and virtually told him to feck off out of the station and stop wasting their time.... "

I would have taken it further if i had been treat like that!

"As I said before on a similar thread on here my husband, being an argumentative sod, decided to berate a young police officer who parked in a supermarket disabled bay before coming out of the shop with his sandwich and packet of crisps....

He even went into the local police station to make a complaint about it....bad move that, as the Chief Inspector that was called to the front desk tore into hubby and virtually told him to feck off out of the station and stop wasting their time.... "

Good on ya hubby but i would have gone further and reported the chief inspector

Cause its attitudes like that that get the police a bad name

No one is supposed ta be above the law xx

Torquay

He even went into the local police station to make a complaint about it....bad move that, as the Chief Inspector that was called to the front desk tore into hubby and virtually told him to feck off out of the station and stop wasting their time....

I would have taken it further if i had been treat like that!"

You obviously (like my husband) have a misconstrued view of the way that the police REALLY work, he found out the painful way that the police are really nothing like The Bill on TV!

Torquay

You see that was the point.....It was not against the Law for this young police officer to park in a disabled bay on private land....

So he was not acting above the law.

You obviously (like my husband) have a misconstrued view of the way that the police REALLY work, he found out the painful way that the police are really nothing like The Bill on TV!"

Oh i knows how the police work lol used ta work with an ex cop

Still they should be made ta set an example xx

You obviously (like my husband) have a misconstrued view of the way that the police REALLY work, he found out the painful way that the police are really nothing like The Bill on TV!"

Lol you got that one 100% wrong

"You see that was the point.....It was not against the Law for this young police officer to park in a disabled bay on private land....

So he was not acting above the law."

Think ya will find that doesn't cover going fa sandwiches thou just emergencies xx

"You see that was the point.....It was not against the Law for this young police officer to park in a disabled bay on private land....

So he was not acting above the law.

Think ya will find that doesn't cover going fa sandwiches thou just emergencies xx"

The answer to that is no.

Torquay

No that is the point, the police officer was acting in a discourteous way by parking in the disabled way when going for his lunch....not in an illegal way.

My husband found out the hard way that it is always best to have all the facts correct before lecturing police officers on the laws of the land.

If the supermarket had a problem with him parking there it was a Civil matter, my husband (not being the land owner) had no right to take it up with the police.

I did try to tell him....

Torquay

Parking spaces in private carparks are covered by Civil Law, if an abled bodied person were to park in a disabled bay and the police were called by a member of the public then the police would not and indeed could not book the offending motorist nor insist that he moves.....The land owner on the other hand can ask the police to move the motorist out of the said parking bay.

"No that is the point, the police officer was acting in a discourteous way by parking in the disabled way when going for his lunch....not in an illegal way.

My husband found out the hard way that it is always best to have all the facts correct before lecturing police officers on the laws of the land.

If the supermarket had a problem with him parking there it was a Civil matter, my husband (not being the land owner) had no right to take it up with the police.

I did try to tell him.... "

I was on about the attitude in the station from a commanding officer. Politeness should be maintained with the general public. The officer parking will have had words said as its not good for the public to see this. Ask any serving officer what happens internally.

Torquay

My husband spends a lot of time on the road with his work, I think he knows better than to make a complaint about a Commanding Police Officer.

I am sure you know what I mean about that

Yep i didn't realise it was a civil matter either but the police should set an example and if they don't it should be dealt with

At the end of the day they should appear whiter than white even if this is not always the case xx

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"shouting "What's your disability? bloody laziness!" will always give them a red face, i've done this quiet a few times"

No wonder you get run over so much!

"My husband spends a lot of time on the road with his work, I think he knows better than to make a complaint about a Commanding Police Officer.

I am sure you know what I mean about that "

Lets say i would

Torquay

"Yep i didn't realise it was a civil matter either but the police should set an example and if they don't it should be dealt with

At the end of the day they should appear whiter than white even if this is not always the case xx"

My husband was caught up in the Wapping protests in the late 80's, he knows full well that the Police are rarely whiter than white...

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

"shouting "What's your disability? bloody laziness!" will always give them a red face, i've done this quiet a few times

No wonder you get run over so much! "

lol ! as has been said many times here its often not obvious what the disability may be so i'm not sure i'd chance this tactic myself

"Yep i didn't realise it was a civil matter either but the police should set an example and if they don't it should be dealt with

At the end of the day they should appear whiter than white even if this is not always the case xx

My husband was caught up in the Wapping protests in the late 80's, he knows full well that the Police are rarely whiter than white...

"

If your not white its a lot easier to get in though

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

disability isn't a handicap unless the person makes it so, and most disabled people just want to get on with life as normally as any able-bodied person would or does,it's the able-bodied people who abuse the system not the disabled.

The type of car or style of car shouldn't matter in fact I have a few friends who are classified disabled who still ride motorbike, OK adapted to suit their individual needs but they still ride, and I've heard some unkind comment's made when they have been seen to get off a bike and onto crutch's to enable them to walk.

Most if not all just want to lead a life like any of us lead, Again it's lack of respect and understanding that cause's resentment, I have family who hold a blue badge, but if you saw them out you wouldn't be aware of their disability, the fact that one has a weak heart and the other has one lung isn't something obvious, and yes they too have been ridiculed because they use "disabled parking spaces" , personally i have no problem with mother and toddler parking space's nor disabled privilege's but i do have a problem with intolerance by able-bodied people towards others less able

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"should be uthanasia for them lol"

the disabled or the errant car drivers?

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

mother and baby bays dont need to be there but stores see it as a nice thing to do if someone without a baby parks there bad luck nothing can be done, infact i do it all the time .. but with disabled parking bays they have to have at least 12 i think by law and can have a ticket by not showing badge if a warden just happens to take a walk round a tesco's car park, but i havent seen any

Bradford

i love supermarkets with parent parking places

i park there all the time, even though my kids are now 23 and 19

Torquay

"mother and baby bays dont need to be there but stores see it as a nice thing to do if someone without a baby parks there bad luck nothing can be done, infact i do it all the time .. but with disabled parking bays they have to have at least 12 i think by law and can have a ticket by not showing badge if a warden just happens to take a walk round a tesco's car park, but i havent seen any "

Sorry but you are wrong, a parking warden employed by the local council or through a local authority has no powers to give tickets in a private car park that is owned/operated by a supermarket.

There are no exact legal stipulations regarding the amount of disabled bays designated in a supermarket carpark, however this is decided at the planning application stage.

The current benchmark and recommendation is betwen 6% and 8% of spaces to be designated for disabled parking, there is no planning input into the amount of mother and child spaces.

Torquay

"

i park there all the time, even though my kids are now 23 and 19"

Bet they hate being pushed around in baby buggies though?

Bradford

"

i park there all the time, even though my kids are now 23 and 19

Bet they hate being pushed around in baby buggies though?"

not ta all, they love the wider aisles of Aldi

Torquay

Do they ask for sweeties at the checkout?

BELFAST UK

your in wales im in northern ireland i worked in a tescos store and trust me thats how tesco's works over here anyway, mother and baby bays are out of good will and do not need to be put there but disabled bays do

Torquay

"your in wales im in northern ireland i worked in a tescos store and trust me thats how tesco's works over here anyway, mother and baby bays are out of good will and do not need to be put there but disabled bays do "

Did you actually bother to do geography in school?

Torquay

As I said.....you haven't read my post properly have you?

BELFAST UK

"your in wales im in northern ireland i worked in a tescos store and trust me thats how tesco's works over here anyway, mother and baby bays are out of good will and do not need to be put there but disabled bays do

Did you actually bother to do geography in school?"

south west ooops my bad for not being 100% spot on from where you are from

Torquay

It's Devon....and you still haven't bothered to read my post slowly so you can take it in have you?

I never said that there is a legal stipulation to include Mother and Child spaces in the planning application did I?

Bradford

"It's Devon....and you still haven't bothered to read my post slowly so you can take it in have you?

I never said that there is a legal stipulation to include Mother and Child spaces in the planning application did I?"

do Devon supermarkets provide very high tie ups for equine forms of transport?

BELFAST UK

"It's Devon....and you still haven't bothered to read my post slowly so you can take it in have you?

I never said that there is a legal stipulation to include Mother and Child spaces in the planning application did I?"

nope, but you did say there cant be tickets given out, but as i said before your in main land uk not NI

Torquay

I never said that there is a legal stipulation to include Mother and Child spaces in the planning application did I?

nope, but you did say there cant be tickets given out, but as i said before your in main land uk not NI "

I never said there cannot be tickets given out....I said government(local or national) traffic wardens do not have the legal powers to give out parking tickets on private land.

Northern Ireland is no exception, this is why supermarkets in ALL parts of the UK, including Northern Ireland use private carpark operating companies.

In Northern Ireland this is probably NCP or Safepark....or both

Bradford

nope, but you did say there cant be tickets given out, but as i said before your in main land uk not NI

I never said there cannot be tickets given out....I said government(local or national) traffic wardens do not have the legal powers to give out parking tickets on private land.

Northern Ireland is no exception, this is why supermarkets in ALL parts of the UK, including Northern Ireland use private carpark operating companies.

In Northern Ireland this is probably NCP or Safepark....or both"

Not entirely correct, i regularly use a Tesco supermarket where the parking is totally free and unrestricted, a specific term of the planning permission to build.

BELFAST UK

In Northern Ireland this is probably NCP or Safepark....or both"

im afrid your now 100% wrong MOST ni stores do not use private carpark operating companies and soon none of them will it is nore to do with tesco's cuts in ni stores, take it from someone who talks and deals with mr mills him self and if you dont know that is he is the director of all ni stores

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

" One car was even a convertible car - something i can't imagine a disabled person using to be driving or be driven about in. "

There are double yellow lines outside my new shop and I regularly have a disabled customer park there....he drives a Bentley Convertable

Bradford

im afrid your now 100% wrong MOST ni stores do not use private carpark operating companies and soon none of them will it is nore to do with tesco's cuts in ni stores, take it from someone who talks and deals with mr mills him self and if you dont know that is he is the director of all ni stores "

sacrilege

heresey

My tesco have changed their parking from three hours down to two. They have special camera's and if you park over the two hours you get a warning letter sent to your house. Second time you get a £70 fine

Bradford

"My tesco have changed their parking from three hours down to two. They have special camera's and if you park over the two hours you get a warning letter sent to your house. Second time you get a £70 fine"

Obviously not my Tesco's, thought i hadn't seen you before.

"My tesco have changed their parking from three hours down to two. They have special camera's and if you park over the two hours you get a warning letter sent to your house. Second time you get a £70 fine

Obviously not my Tesco's, thought i hadn't seen you before."

long way to bradford for me to do my shopping lol

Torquay

im afrid your now 100% wrong MOST ni stores do not use private carpark operating companies and soon none of them will it is nore to do with tesco's cuts in ni stores, take it from someone who talks and deals with mr mills him self and if you dont know that is he is the director of all ni stores "

Well ask Mr Mills just how he managed to get the law changed so that Traffic Wardens, who operate under the umbrella of the Road Traffic Act incidentally (even in Northern Ireland), so they can now use those same powers on private land?

You see the Road Traffic Act (which covers England, Wales, Scotland and NI) clearly states that it does not apply to private land.

That is why a police officer cannot book you for parking in the wrong bay of a carpark in any supermarket....anywhere in the United Kingdom.

Torquay

"My tesco have changed their parking from three hours down to two. They have special camera's and if you park over the two hours you get a warning letter sent to your house. Second time you get a £70 fine"

Asda have just started this in Newton Abbot in Devon....Three hours has now been changed to Two hours except for disabled drivers.

BELFAST UK

im afrid your now 100% wrong MOST ni stores do not use private carpark operating companies and soon none of them will it is nore to do with tesco's cuts in ni stores, take it from someone who talks and deals with mr mills him self and if you dont know that is he is the director of all ni stores

Well ask Mr Mills just how he managed to get the law changed so that Traffic Wardens, who operate under the umbrella of the Road Traffic Act incidentally (even in Northern Ireland), so they can now use those same powers on private land?

You see the Road Traffic Act (which covers England, Wales, Scotland and NI) clearly states that it does not apply to private land.

That is why a police officer cannot book you for parking in the wrong bay of a carpark in any supermarket....anywhere in the United Kingdom.

"

there is no longer privite tesco's carparks in ni well most of them, so there for tescos have now the right to enclose a pf676 fourm to local police and BCC to enfource road traffic laws in THERE car parks, so that means if there a 5mph sign and someone is seen doing 10mph the polise can stop the person

BELFAST UK

flip i love people who think they know everything but realy havent a clue

Torquay

"flip i love people who think they know everything but realy havent a clue "

You need to check out the government website for roads in Northern Ireland before you make silly statements, it's to be found at roadsni.gov.uk.

Private carparks in the Province have not been adopted into the public highway according to them.

Traffic wardens are now privately operated by the NCP group in NI.

But not on private land, and Tesco carparks are private land.

BELFAST UK

"flip i love people who think they know everything but realy havent a clue

You need to check out the government website for roads in Northern Ireland before you make silly statements, it's to be found at roadsni.gov.uk.

Private carparks in the Province have not been adopted into the public highway according to them.

But not on private land, and Tesco carparks are private land."

think this is the 3rd time now MOST CAR PARKS IN NI ARE NOT PRIVATE TESCOS ARE OWNING THERE OWN CAR PARKS AND AS I SAID THEY CAN DROP THAT FOURM IN WHITCH ALLOWS POLICE TO ACT ON THERE GROUND TO INFOURCE AS NORMAL.. now if you knew what you where talking about id listen but your boring me now to be honest your in main land uk not ni so give up while your ahead please

im just being nosey here....but i'd love to know why you talk and deal with mr mills,lol! Hx

Carpark fanatics here or wot? lol

BELFAST UK

im just being nosey here....but i'd love to know why you talk and deal with mr mills,lol! Hx "

he was my boss. and is my uncle

WEll i got a point 4 u lot to think over:

Some folk would'nt be disabled if it wasnt 4 the fact we have "dangerous drivers" in the world ,,,and have people who "drink drive" n the fact that some people in this cruel world knock folk over n "leg it" ,,,,that upsets me n shocks me!!

"shocking"

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

having read the above i agree with certain things, i think that the person who has the badge issed ued them should be in the car maybe not driving as the badge can be abused by the other person, my dad was disabled and my mum used the badge when dad was not in the car, to me that was abuseing the system sadly dad has passed away but now mum can legally park with a blue badge as you get on at age of 80

I want to say 1more thing---

My brothers wife---her dad is now wheelchair bound because of sum1 bein d*unk at the wheel of a car!!

i think its truely "SHOCKING" and the police should have more powers 4 d*unks who drive!!!!

Bridgend

"flip i love people who think they know everything but realy havent a clue

But not on private land, and Tesco carparks are private land.

think this is the 3rd time now MOST CAR PARKS IN NI ARE NOT PRIVATE TESCOS ARE OWNING THERE OWN CAR PARKS AND AS I SAID THEY CAN DROP THAT FOURM IN WHITCH ALLOWS POLICE TO ACT ON THERE GROUND TO INFOURCE AS NORMAL.. now if you knew what you where talking about id listen but your boring me now to be honest your in main land uk not ni so give up while your ahead please "

If Tesco owns it's own car park the it is actually private and as the owner I believe they can call the Police if someone is parked in a disabled bay when they do not qualify. If you read Jane's previous post relating to a Police car being parked in a disabled bay you'll find that it is not an offence but it is discourtious. This applies in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

Dont forget to gain a car you need to be on the higher end of the dwp scheme, which means you are unable to walk unaided for as little as 20 yards, the DWP or goevernment have de-classified a lot of the DWP to get the numbers down and save money, where as people whoi claimed for heart probs, diabetes etc wont be able to make new claims, only know from experinces and on going cases with our parents (two new hips and they dont qualify grrr)

» Add a new message to this topic