FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > new religion

new religion

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

if you got into a relationship with somone one of a different faith to yourself, not so much catholic/christian or similar, as there arent massive differences, but some of the eastern religions or judaism and so on, and it got so serious that marriage was talked about.

would, if it meant profound changes to your life and lifestyle, adopt the other persons religion, or hope they would adopt yours?

or do you think interfaith relationships can work with such big differences between some faiths?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do not have a god or religion so if I was dating someone who had strong religious views it would not be a goer!

I think each case would depend on the individuals involved....

A bit deep for a Sunday mate but.

If i were to start seeing someone religion would play no part, i enjoy a good discussion but wouldnt attempt to change what they believe in because thats part of who they are and i certainly wouldnt be staying with someone who insisted on trying to change me.

Here endeth the lesson.

Reverend Guptha

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

I couldn't handle someone that lived totally through religion. . I actually thought you were wanting us to make new religions. .how about a protestantJew? They would grow beards and wear skull caps but constantly moan about it

Wouldn't do for me cos I don't like being told what to do at the best of times, let alone by religious doctrine.

I can see why others are able to make it work tho.

My niece is married to a Muslim.

It is not easy but tbh, the pressures they face are more familial and social than they are religious.

I wouldn't want to join any region who's edicts and teachings would demand I gave up my faith for theirs.

Wars have been fought over this very thing.

Plus if the relationship was that serious, we would have already addressed the of their imaginary friend.

If I found a man like that, it would be his belief, and would be respected.

Just not rammed down my throat though lol

Her

"Wouldn't do for me cos I don't like being told what to do at the best of times, let alone by religious doctrine.

It is not easy but tbh, the pressures they face are more familial and social than they are religious."

see, thats what got me thinking about the subject.

coming home yesterday, i saw a muslim (as far as i could tell) couple.

he was asian looking, she was western, or at least an english accent, but i suppose she could have been asian with very light skin, but i digress)

she was wearing the whole head to floor dress, with just her face showing, whereas he wore rather fashionable western clothes, expensive jeans and trainers, posh watch, and so on.

i just wondered what would drive others to change their entire lives for someone else (obviously im not saying she has, but others obviously have at some point)

I couldn't care less for religion really I believe it came about to control the masses when most could not read and write

I saw a meme the other day that sums up my thoughts

The bible - proof god exists

The Koran - proof Allah exists

Mr men books - proof mr tickle exists

Look at the church's in America teaching children "the way " it's more like a cult

Religion = war

So no it would not work for me to actually answer the question

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

she was wearing the whole head to floor dress, with just her face showing, "

I often wonder how many ladies dress like this but then are wearing all their sexy lingerie underneath

"I couldn't care less for religion really I believe it came about to control the masses when most could not read and write

I saw a meme the other day that sums up my thoughts

The bible - proof god exists

The Koran - proof Allah exists

Mr men books - proof mr tickle exists

Look at the church's in America teaching children "the way " it's more like a cult

Religion = war "

Mr Tickles doesnt exist ? bah humbug

Gimp

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

Abu hamza will radicalise Texas before i change religion.

"Wouldn't do for me cos I don't like being told what to do at the best of times, let alone by religious doctrine.

It is not easy but tbh, the pressures they face are more familial and social than they are religious."

I would have my doubts for right or wrong. As I am a swinger who likes to live a little, I would think most religions would probably have a dim view of my lifestyle...

Plus as was said, I'm not into Doctrine and rules.

That said, whilst I couldn't follow those religions myself, I completely respect others beliefs x

would no fellas go out with a jewish woman, and get the end of their willy chopped off then?

"would no fellas go out with a jewish woman, and get the end of their willy chopped off then?"

Bugger that i would never find it again

Gimp

By *icky55Man  over a year ago

Warm an cosy cave. Brist

"if you got into a relationship with somone one of a different faith to yourself, not so much catholic/christian or similar, as there arent massive differences, but some of the eastern religions or judaism and so on, and it got so serious that marriage was talked about.

would, if it meant profound changes to your life and lifestyle, adopt the other persons religion, or hope they would adopt yours?

or do you think interfaith relationships can work with such big differences between some faiths?"

If you love that person, you do so for who and what they are and should respect that. they should both agree as to which religion they get married, may be have two wedding, to appease the in-laws.

"if you got into a relationship with somone one of a different faith to yourself, not so much catholic/christian or similar, as there arent massive differences, but some of the eastern religions or judaism and so on, and it got so serious that marriage was talked about.

or do you think interfaith relationships can work with such big differences between some faiths?If you love that person, you do so for who and what they are and should respect that. they should both agree as to which religion they get married, may be have two wedding, to appease the in-laws."

but religion doesnt start and stop at the wedding, does it?

It is not easy but tbh, the pressures they face are more familial and social than they are religious.

see, thats what got me thinking about the subject.

coming home yesterday, i saw a muslim (as far as i could tell) couple.

he was asian looking, she was western, or at least an english accent, but i suppose she could have been asian with very light skin, but i digress)

she was wearing the whole head to floor dress, with just her face showing, whereas he wore rather fashionable western clothes, expensive jeans and trainers, posh watch, and so on.

i just wondered what would drive others to change their entire lives for someone else (obviously im not saying she has, but others obviously have at some point)"

From my nieces perspective they live westernised lives for the majority of the time.

She has a selection of culturally appropriate clothing for events such as weddings or family get togethers but not to the degree of having to fully hide her face.

The majority of the time they are accepted by all but at the extremes of both cultures she has had issues.

The more religious Muslims on her husbands side would like her to play the good wife, cooking, cleaning for 'the' family as opposed to just their own home. This is a role she told him throughout their courtship she would not be assuming.

On the other side, she has to cope with those from western cultures looking, staring, sneering on a regular basis. She has also had to contend with people coming up and spitting in her face.

Unlike other girls who are able to pass as paler skinned asian women, she is a red head and her skin is beyond pale, so there's no chance of that

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Nope. Wouldn't work for either of us.

Neither is religious and if marrying another meant having to adopt their faith, it would be a non-starter.

Wouldn't expect the other personto change but also wouldn't want the other person to expect us to change. x

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I am not religious and under no circumstances would I convert to anyone else's religion.

There are religions I would be interested to learn more about - mostly those that are more spiritual.

I would be unlikely, I think, to have much in common with anyone actively religious. However, if I did meet and become close to someone religious, I wouldn't expect them to change for me either.

If they could follow their religion without trying to convert me/my family/my friends, and without preaching about it constantly, perhaps it could work.

» Add a new message to this topic