FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Diet

Diet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fed up bein over weight going go back to gym any good easy diet advice . Iv tryed slim fast but good I was so hungry . Same when tryed cutting out carbs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Believe in diets! It is better to start eating healthier and then it becomes a habbit! I've lost a stone and a half since january, I go to the gym too so that has helped but I can eat junk food every now and again too.

When you stop a diet the weight just piles back on, eating healthier is a solution not just a quick fix!

"Believe in diets! It is better to start eating healthier and then it becomes a habbit! I've lost a stone and a half since january, I go to the gym too so that has helped but I can eat junk food every now and again too.

When you stop a diet the weight just piles back on, eating healthier is a solution not just a quick fix! "

i know Iv done it so many times . Bad day at work or little treat and bam weight back on

all these meal replacement drink/shakes might work but as soon as you start eating properly again you put the weight back on... best thing is healthy eating... im doing a high protein low carbs and its working... good luck

Don't stop eating. Cutting out bread and pastry will help plus no added sugars. Change your eating habits and drink water

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

"Believe in diets! It is better to start eating healthier and then it becomes a habbit! I've lost a stone and a half since january, I go to the gym too so that has helped but I can eat junk food every now and again too.

When you stop a diet the weight just piles back on, eating healthier is a solution not just a quick fix! i know Iv done it so many times . Bad day at work or little treat and bam weight back on "

as a trucker i know your pain shite hours n routine bad diet

My recommendation is to cut down or out your intake of cakes, biscuits, chocolate, desserts...et al

Made a massive difference to me...and after a couple of months, the cravings slowly disappeared... I occasionally have sugary foods...but no longer desire them the same way and my tummy is closer to becoming nice and flat.

Makes my cock look nicer and bottom firmer

Oh and I still eat crisps and burgers etc... Just cutting down the sugars worked wonders

Just have a balanced diet. Be careful buying low fat products as they usually contain more sugar in them so that makes the low fat content irrelevant.

You could try the paleo/cave man diet which is basically no processed foods just foods that can be killed (chicken beef etc) or foraged (your greens). Dont make this mistake of having loads of fruit, fruit contain natural sugars so too much will be bad for weightloss.

Cut out booze and youll see a difference, its has a huge calorific content

Same here! I had a big life overhaul after a life changing experience and wish I'd have done it a long time ago but hey! Better late than never, just the little changes to start with make a big difference

Thank u for all ur advice . Motivation is hard at min . I know excuse lol

Small steps mate...lil changes a bit at a time...

"Small steps mate...lil changes a bit at a time..."
first step going swimming today .

"Small steps mate...lil changes a bit at a time...first step going swimming today . "

Good on ya! Dont make excuses just do what you can whenever you can! A half hour run/swim is 1/48th of your day surely you can spare 1/48th from somewhere, thats how i think about it!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

If you drink alcohol cut out that....I'd be a size 10 if it weren't for alcohol lol.

"If you drink alcohol cut out that....I'd be a size 10 if it weren't for alcohol lol. "

You're beaut to meeeeeee.

"If you drink alcohol cut out that....I'd be a size 10 if it weren't for alcohol lol. "
i don't drink that much I'm a light weight in that aspect lol

I started a diet 3 years ago and lost just over 5 stone from 18 stone to 12.6 stone it was hard I found swimming, gym and reducing portions a great help, i also walk more now instead of jumping in the car just to go the shop.

I felt great afterwards though now at a steady 13.5 stone Go for it it changes everything....

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

You shouldn't cut out any necessary food group. Just change the balance of your diet. We need carbs just not as many as most people eat. You should eat a lot more fresh fruit and veg. Proteins should be lower in fat. For example, skinless, boneless chicken. Cut down on red meat. Eat more beans and pulses. And avoid junk and processed food.

"You shouldn't cut out any necessary food group. Just change the balance of your diet. We need carbs just not as many as most people eat. You should eat a lot more fresh fruit and veg. Proteins should be lower in fat. For example, skinless, boneless chicken. Cut down on red meat. Eat more beans and pulses. And avoid junk and processed food. "
other thing I want to do is bulk up a bit Iv a big frame think Iv I go to skinny it won't suit me

"Fed up bein over weight going go back to gym any good easy diet advice . Iv tryed slim fast but good I was so hungry . Same when tryed cutting out carbs "

Change your eating habits, get smaller plates, stick to meal times stop buying pies at the service station . always have breakfast bran flakes is good,

If you get hungry between meals have a zero calorie soft drink or water .

Dieting is all well and good, but unless you change your eating habits totally you will yo yo diet .

Good luck I was 135 kilos, I am now 96.7 the only change I made was not stopping at motorway service stations , and mcdonalds kfc etc . And eating regular small meals

And in bloke terms as we don't understand weights 48 inch waist to 37. Size xxxl tops to l,

Still need to lose a bit round stomach , so my abs are defined .

"

You could try the paleo/cave man diet which is basically no processed foods just foods that can be killed (chicken beef etc) or foraged (your greens).

"

The Paleo Way has some great recipes. Even steak & chips, although the chips are parsnips cut into batons & cooked in coconut oil.

"You shouldn't cut out any necessary food group. Just change the balance of your diet. We need carbs just not as many as most people eat. You should eat a lot more fresh fruit and veg. Proteins should be lower in fat. For example, skinless, boneless chicken. Cut down on red meat. Eat more beans and pulses. And avoid junk and processed food. other thing I want to do is bulk up a bit Iv a big frame think Iv I go to skinny it won't suit me "

You need protein then. Lots of chicken and fish like tuna.

"Fed up bein over weight going go back to gym any good easy diet advice . Iv tryed slim fast but good I was so hungry . Same when tryed cutting out carbs

Change your eating habits, get smaller plates, stick to meal times stop buying pies at the service station . always have breakfast bran flakes is good,

If you get hungry between meals have a zero calorie soft drink or water .

Dieting is all well and good, but unless you change your eating habits totally you will yo yo diet .

Good luck I was 135 kilos, I am now 96.7 the only change I made was not stopping at motorway service stations , and mcdonalds kfc etc . And eating regular small meals

And in bloke terms as we don't understand weights 48 inch waist to 37. Size xxxl tops to l,

Still need to lose a bit round stomach , so my abs are defined ."

well done il pop aldi after swimming x I don't eat breakfast which ain't good !

"You shouldn't cut out any necessary food group. Just change the balance of your diet. We need carbs just not as many as most people eat. You should eat a lot more fresh fruit and veg. Proteins should be lower in fat. For example, skinless, boneless chicken. Cut down on red meat. Eat more beans and pulses. And avoid junk and processed food. other thing I want to do is bulk up a bit Iv a big frame think Iv I go to skinny it won't suit me

You need protein then. Lots of chicken and fish like tuna. "

like tuna salad or chicken salad in lunch box for dinner

Changing your eating habits will help but getting active will really make the difference. I'm not talking about the gym, just going for a cycle, run, playing a sport and, of course, sex! If you work up a sweat, you're burning calories.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Start keeping a food diary. I have an app I use. Being totally honest about your eating and drinking habits soon makes you start thinking about what you're eating and drinking and whether or not you really need to be eating or drinking that. For me it fell into place; I'm approaching 5 stone lost now and it's truly become a lifestyle change. I may have the odd bag of Maltesers but it is now a very occasional treat and I don't feel like I'm depriving myself, just making better decisions. I also got more active as the weight started to fall off - I now walk to work and back for example, which is actually a lovely thing to do since I get time to listen to music each day while doing it. That's 20 miles a week but I'd have to go to work anyway so it doesn't feel like 'exercise'.

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

Like has been said - meal replacement diets don't work long term.

I've lost 17 stone over 4 years - going from a size 24/26 down to a 10/12 that you see in my pics

I did it by cutting out snacking, smaller portions (use a smaller plate so it doesn't look lost) and drinking loads more water - drink a half pint to a pint of water about 45 mins before a meal, and you eat less. I aim to drink just shy of 3 litres of water a day - but I am also quite active.

When I started I was too big to get gym clothes, and felt too self conscious, so I did work out DVDs in my jammas at home - I could barely do the warm up when I started.

Now, I am training to become a personal trainer.

I never go for the diet option - avoid sweeteners - they are artificially sweet and make you crave more sweet things - and low fat is often piled with sugar to make it taste better.

I never cut out food groups either - the minute you deny yourself something you crave it, and are setting yourself up to cheat... Anything in moderation.

And alcohol not only is piled full of empty calories, it often leads to bad food choices (kebab at the end of the night, not realising how much you actually nibble on aside the drink) - so I'm not suggesting tee-total, but certainly keep an eye.

Get active! Gym - a mix of cardio and weigh bearing is the best option.

I also body brush to help keep my skin in tip top condition and have very little loose skin from losing so much!

You've done the hard bit though, and admitted you need to do something and make a start.

So would I Ruby

Lots of inspiration thank u people Iv just been for a swim feel great . U forget the buzz u get from a work out x

Cut out sugars and saturated fat intake to a minimum.read labels on everything and compare.

Processed food to a minimum.

Eat plenty of fresh veg and white meat and fish

Fry nothing, try to steam food when possible.

Bin, bread and pasta, potatoes, and white rice.

Plan your meals weekly leave nothing to chance

Prepare lunch the night before.

Read and educate yourself on diabetic diets, low fat diets.

"Cut out sugars and saturated fat intake to a minimum.read labels on everything and compare.

Read and educate yourself on diabetic diets, low fat diets. "

This is really good advice. I, Sexy, have just started a massive diet overhaul as my sugar intake was through the roof and causing health concerns. The biggest thing for me is to ride out your cravings, don't give in and your brain will soon start to listen.

Preparation is the key and it is actually really rewarding to make healthy meals. Just try and keep things interesting, I have just been looking at salad options, there is so much out there other than boring cucumbers and tomatoes!

Oh and forget fruit! Some have as much sugar as a chocolate bar. Veggies are your better friend.

Don't buy junk food if it's not in house you can't eat it

Give yourself a weekly treat of whatever u fancy.

Booze has massive amount of calories.

It won't be easy you need to apply rule 5.

You will get sugar cravings to start a and will get shocking headaches stick at it you can do it.

Don't do anything drastic or follow any fads

Just healthy and balanced.

Join a running club great way to get motivated.

Simply.

Low sugar(includes fruit sugars)

Low saturated fat

Plenty of fresh water.

Eat small regular amounts, don't skip breakfast.

Exercise at least three time a week of more than 30mins

Think of it as a lifestyle change rather than diet.

You can do it, u will have bad days u will slip up but you can do it.

You truly can

Btw rule 5 =HTFU =

Harden the fuck up.

When you are feeling wussy and sorry for yourself apply rule 5.

Good luck.

"Cut out sugars and saturated fat intake to a minimum.read labels on everything and compare.

Read and educate yourself on diabetic diets, low fat diets.

This is really good advice. I, Sexy, have just started a massive diet overhaul as my sugar intake was through the roof and causing health concerns. The biggest thing for me is to ride out your cravings, don't give in and your brain will soon start to listen.

Preparation is the key and it is actually really rewarding to make healthy meals. Just try and keep things interesting, I have just been looking at salad options, there is so much out there other than boring cucumbers and tomatoes!

Oh and forget fruit! Some have as much sugar as a chocolate bar. Veggies are your better friend."

I add chopped parsley or coriander to salads. It's bloody lovely and you won't want any dressing with it.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

When you stop a diet the weight just piles back on, eating healthier is a solution not just a quick fix! "

If you were hungry on a low carb diet then you weren't doing it properly.

I've lost eight stones and kept it off by not eating white stuff and I'm now into my seventh year.

Don't be afraid of good fats and protein, they are what will help you lose weight and keep you full.

Think about eating good food and dumping the crap.

London

Read and educate yourself on diabetic diets, low fat diets. "

Just be aware that a low fat AND low carb diet is not sustainable. Eventually, you will suffer deficiencies and will probably feel hungry most of the time.

Breakfast is not necessary unless you're used to it, have a look at intermittent fasting.

I have diabetes and eat a diet high in sat fat and less than 20g carbs a day. My blood lipids and HbA1c are that of a non-diabetic

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

Semi-Facetious short answer: consume less calories than you burn.

You can't beat thermodynamics.

London

"Semi-Facetious short answer: consume less calories than you burn.

You can't beat thermodynamics. "

A calorie is a calorie?

You can't beat thermodynamics. "

Disagree.

It's not just about eating less calories, it's about eating the right kind of calories.

I have tried low calorie diets and it did nothing for me apart from make me ill and fuck up my immune system.

It's very important to eat a balanced healthy diet. That will keep the op satisfied enough so he won't fall off the wagon, feeding the brain as well as the body.

Simply eating less is not responsible.

Eating less sugar and saturated fat loaded food is.

Some people cannot lose weight as easy as others, age and gender plays a massive role.

Combining a healthy educated diet with a rounded exercise routine will produce better long term goals.

Hereford

A calorie is a calorie? "

It is - although keto presents a different way of looking at the equation. Utilising fat takes quite a lot of energy to achieve.

By *mma_j_cdTV/TS  over a year ago

chester

One that worked fir me was the grapefruit diet

Along with increasing fruit and veg half a grapefruit 10 to 15 mins before your meal not only helps you feel full and satisfied the grapefruit helps the body in not absorbing the fats as easily, your body will then slowly start to use it's fat reserves

Like I say it worked for me

Xx

Hereford

Disagree.

It's not just about eating less calories, it's about eating the right kind of calories.

I have tried low calorie diets and it did nothing for me apart from make me ill and fuck up my immune system.

It's very important to eat a balanced healthy diet. That will keep the op satisfied enough so he won't fall off the wagon, feeding the brain as well as the body.

Simply eating less is not responsible.

Eating less sugar and saturated fat loaded food is.

Some people cannot lose weight as easy as others, age and gender plays a massive role.

Combining a healthy educated diet with a rounded exercise routine will produce better long term goals. "

Google the twinkie diet - there is also a study recently in the US whereby a feller consumed 2000cal/day soley from McDonalds, lost weight and his bloodwork improved.

I'm actually not advocating either of the above or very low calorie diets. I find that when I'm cutting, my TDEE - 15% is fine - which is about 2450 cal/day.

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

All really good advice. .if all else fails you could think about cutting a limb off.it does have its draw backs and must be really careful. For example cutting a leg off can instantly make you up tm3 stone lighter but staying mobile can be a strain. I would certainly try a high protein diet before gettin as drastic but hope this helps. X

"All really good advice. .if all else fails you could think about cutting a limb off "

This actually made me laugh out loud!!!!!!

I took medical advice about diets. My GP told me not to eat any fatty foods. I enquired like bacon, fish n chips, white bread etc.

He glared at me and reitterated - "NO i mean dont eat any foods - Fatty!!!"

"All really good advice. .if all else fails you could think about cutting a limb off

This actually made me laugh out loud!!!!!! "

me to lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"One that worked fir me was the grapefruit diet

Along with increasing fruit and veg half a grapefruit 10 to 15 mins before your meal not only helps you feel full and satisfied the grapefruit helps the body in not absorbing the fats as easily, your body will then slowly start to use it's fat reserves

Like I say it worked for me

Xx"

However if you are on any medication I would check to see if you can eat grapefruit as it affects some meds.

"Like has been said - meal replacement diets don't work long term.

I've lost 17 stone over 4 years - going from a size 24/26 down to a 10/12 that you see in my pics

I did it by cutting out snacking, smaller portions (use a smaller plate so it doesn't look lost) and drinking loads more water - drink a half pint to a pint of water about 45 mins before a meal, and you eat less. I aim to drink just shy of 3 litres of water a day - but I am also quite active.

When I started I was too big to get gym clothes, and felt too self conscious, so I did work out DVDs in my jammas at home - I could barely do the warm up when I started.

Now, I am training to become a personal trainer.

I never go for the diet option - avoid sweeteners - they are artificially sweet and make you crave more sweet things - and low fat is often piled with sugar to make it taste better.

I never cut out food groups either - the minute you deny yourself something you crave it, and are setting yourself up to cheat... Anything in moderation.

And alcohol not only is piled full of empty calories, it often leads to bad food choices (kebab at the end of the night, not realising how much you actually nibble on aside the drink) - so I'm not suggesting tee-total, but certainly keep an eye.

Get active! Gym - a mix of cardio and weigh bearing is the best option.

I also body brush to help keep my skin in tip top condition and have very little loose skin from losing so much!

You've done the hard bit though, and admitted you need to do something and make a start."

You look amazing, your skin looks tight and no flab at all HOW? I only lost 5 stone even with intense exercise i still had to have certain areas tucked

» Add a new message to this topic