FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The DIY Diary

The DIY Diary

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Well the carpet fitter did a cracking job, so when he left I started taking all the flat pack stuff upstairs… which probably took longer than putting the fecking stuff together.

I did have some help coming but couldn’t wait. I had pretty much finished it all by the time my assistant had arrived. All I had to do was hang the last sliding door; which was a bloody heavy thing as it is made up of panels of glass and mirrors… this was the point at which my helper arrived.

After congratulating me on a sterling job I was given a “how are you” hug… which turned into a full on snog. In an attempted to do a comedy cheesy line, I nudged the mattress (which was leaning up against the wall) mid-snog, so as it fell to the floor I could say “oowww look – a bed!”. This is where it went slightly wrong.

The mattress bent very slightly as it fell to the floor, just catching the unfitted wardrobe door…. there was a very loud crashing noise and the sound of glass breaking. I turned to see the wardrobe door wedged against the lower half of the open bedroom door. The bedroom door was pushed back with such force that the door and frame were split at the hinges. The wardrobe door was stuck as it had gouged two chunks out of the bedroom door.

My (ha) helper was waiting for me to hit the roof… but I was more focused on how to un-wedge the wardrobe door and work out how badly the bedroom door was damaged. Apparently it was a couple of minutes after de-wedging before I let out an “oh fuck!”… but that was it… and I’d worked out how to fix it all by then.

I rang the supplier and managed to wangle a free replacement panel… after grumbling that a similar wardrobe on their website had been reduced by £130 two days after I’d ordered this one (even though I didn’t actually want the other one)… filled the gouges in the bedroom door and left the hinges for now – but I know how I’ll fix them.

My (ha) helper was till waiting for me to flip and thought my calm exterior must have been covering a raging fury underneath… but I was actually just as calm inside… I’m OK as long as I know how to fix things.

So by now my (ha) helper is feeling rather guilty…. which resulted in him going out to pick up a microwave takeaway meal bag, giving me a top rate massage, rumpy pumpy and then taken out for lunch today at a lovely riverside pub.

So aside from where I caught the sun in the garden this afternoon… it’s all turned out fine and dandy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What colour are they?

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Having witnessed your DIY skills ;-

"it’s all turned out fine and dandy"

I'm sure it has

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

omg i would of had some kind of turn. WHen the water ran down my walls when i was stripping wallpaper once i rang my mum at work and she had to come round as i took ill. Having said that sounds that your little mishap all payed of in the end

"What colour are they?"

What colour are what?

birmingham

"omg i would of had some kind of turn"

Oh and us DIY and us don't get on so if anyone's thinking of inviting us to assist with any form of DIY, thanks but no thanks

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"omg i would of had some kind of turn

Oh and us DIY and us don't get on so if anyone's thinking of inviting us to assist with any form of DIY, thanks but no thanks "

polo is fabswingers ambassador for DIY lol

birmingham

"omg i would of had some kind of turn

Oh and us DIY and us don't get on so if anyone's thinking of inviting us to assist with any form of DIY, thanks but no thanks

polo is fabswingers ambassador for DIY lol"

She's very handy with her hands

I actually suprised myself how calm I was lol

I was just so focused on how to put it all right that I didn't have time to stress and panic.

» Add a new message to this topic