FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > THE VOICE????

THE VOICE????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

NO!!not the crap show on bbc,

i have just watched a documenrty about nat king cole, who as i kid i listened to, im 49 a child of the 60,s70,s i was taught that some people have a voice that makes you listen he was one of them along with many others from sam cooke, elvis,and my fav otis redding and all though the ages ,as some singers make you listen a bit more i loved robbie singing angels cause it helped at the time, and , lots of others ,

SO!! the question is who is your voice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mahalia Jackson, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, Sam Cooke ....I could go on ...

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

Not an oldie that most of you will know, but Dave Gahan is my favourite voice.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"Mahalia Jackson, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, Sam Cooke ....I could go on ..."

Love all of these! Rosetta Tharpe also played guitar like a demon and Aretha's version of The Weight is glorious and gives me goosebumps! Rosetta Crawford, Betty Harris, and Irma Thomas (You Can Have My Husband - But Please Don't Mess With My Man) need to go on the list for me. But in terms of voices like honey (and the very epitome of mellifluousness) it's got to be Sam Cooke followed by Ella for me. Her voice just soars effortlessly and is so beautiful it's almost painful.

I will of course remember loads of other singers I love the minute I post this. I've just thought of Doris Day for example. And don't tell anyone about this - I am mostly an indie, grungy, noise, garage punk type girlie!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Not an oldie that most of you will know, but Dave Gahan is my favourite voice. "

doesent matter when or the music genre, its the voice that gets you , i rememeber depeche mode from 80,s signing i cant get enough and nothing changed i still cant , hahaha

"Not an oldie that most of you will know, but Dave Gahan is my favourite voice. "

I saw him live with Depeche Mode

John Holt and Stevie Wonder. Sammy Davis jnr had a nice tone to his voice as did Judy Garland. Barbra Streisand had emotion sewn up

Patti LaBelle, Etta James, Sam Cooke, Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone, I could go in a while....

By * times sexyCouple  over a year ago

Staffs

I liked "Old King Cole" Now that man was a merry old sole, and a marry old sole was he !!

not for singing but ooooooo sean connery

By *yphoon1Man  over a year ago

Tori Amos

Kate Bush

Elizabeth Fraser

» Add a new message to this topic