FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Remarkable people

Remarkable people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Having been prompted to listen to the theme to Schindler's list it got me thinking what a remarkable man he was

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aurenkaWoman  over a year ago

London

on youtoube u can find documetary of him, i was watching few months ago

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes often it's just ordinary people who manage to keep their humanity and therefore do incredible things in extraordinary situations. Watched 'Flowers Of War' the other day...a very similar tale from a Chinese perspective.

"on youtoube u can find documetary of him, i was watching few months ago"

Stories like his remind us there is a lot of good in the world

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

almost as remarkable as the 'British Schlindler', Nicholas Winton...he truly was a hero

"Yes often it's just ordinary people who manage to keep their humanity and therefore do incredible things in extraordinary situations. Watched 'Flowers Of War' the other day...a very similar tale from a Chinese perspective."

I was about to write he is a humanist,not enough of those in the world. I like to think I am,albeit in a very small way as I don't have much to give humanity

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

When I was at Uni one of the lecturers who was an expert in this area was talking about Schindler.

He said that it was as if he had been born to save those Jews. Everything else Schindler did in life didn't work. He was a crap business man, but in saving those Jews he succeeded.

Quite a character that lecturer. In 2002 he was still doing everything on a typewriter. He had a pc in his office, provided by the Uni's IT dept. It had a tea towel over it.

"When I was at Uni one of the lecturers who was an expert in this area was talking about Schindler.

He said that it was as if he had been born to save those Jews. Everything else Schindler did in life didn't work. He was a crap business man, but in saving those Jews he succeeded.

Quite a character that lecturer. In 2002 he was still doing everything on a typewriter. He had a pc in his office, provided by the Uni's IT dept. It had a tea towel over it.

"

I don't blame him technology came too fast and furious for me too

» Add a new message to this topic