FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The day after the night before....

The day after the night before....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you tend not to drive after a day on the lash or do you drive if you think you are fit to.

I had a heavy day of it yesterday sitting in the sunshine and paying for it today but i could be doing with jumping in the car but i think i will be over the limit so taking no chances.

How long do you give yourself before getting behind the wheel?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/05/10 16:10:24]

I don't drink that often to be honest, or in that kind of quantity but if I had then I certainly wouldn't br driving today.

Hope you're OK. Might have a pressie for you soon xx

You've actually touched on a little hobby horse of mine!

The police and other authorities bang on about drivers being responsible etc etc, and of course the 'morning after the night before' is a well know danger time. And yet the minute anybody talks about buying something which they could use to check themselves, the police and the same others warn that these items aren't accurate and shouldn't be trusted/relied on.

Well I'm sorry, but personally I'd think it highly responsible for an individual to want to check if it was safe for them to drive, so would it not be sensible to make accurate checking machines available to buy by the general public?

By *eorge17Man  over a year ago

Leven

I remember reading somewhere to allow an hour for every unit of alcohol consumed after your last drink before driving.

So if you drank 6 pints of beer and had last drink at midnight you should wait until noon before driving (1 pint = 2 units of alcohol)

Forum Mod

Id heard the same sort of thing but don't know how true it is or how reliable,at about 6 drinks I would start to forget how many id had

I try not to drink too much if im driving the next day and if i know im having a mad night then I would'nt drive at all the next day

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

The reason self test kits wouldn't work is that drivers who registered as just below the limit would risk driving home.

Even the breathalisers the police use are professionally re calibrated every month so how accurate are cheap versions going to be?

Remember the Breathalisers that certain pub chains had fitted into some of theor pubs in the early 90's?

It never worked because when they were checked by local authorities they were found to be far from accurate.

Forum Mod

I think Jeremy Clarkson said he was given a self test kit one christmas

He got stonkered and tried it out and it said he was ok to drive

I use my own judgement whether i'm fit to drive or not.

If i feel am not capable i don't drive. Most times after a heavy night of it i don't go near the car and that may be the case today. I have to go out later tonight but i'm hoping to get out of it and will text my brother soon if he can do the errand

"I use my own judgement whether i'm fit to drive or not.

If i feel am not capable i don't drive. Most times after a heavy night of it i don't go near the car and that may be the case today. I have to go out later tonight but i'm hoping to get out of it and will text my brother soon if he can do the errand "

Quite agree with that statement - not worth taking risks with other people's lives - one area where we are very cautious and dont compromise

I watched a fun science programme and they tested a sales rep, to see how long it was safe the following day to drive, it took nearly all day so id agree with the comment made about an hour equally a unit. Besides, if you still feel groggy and hungover, dont drive simple as that

If i feel am not capable i don't drive. Most times after a heavy night of it i don't go near the car and that may be the case today. I have to go out later tonight but i'm hoping to get out of it and will text my brother soon if he can do the errand "

Ihope it's not a meet you have planned...sounds like 'send in the cavalry'!

If i feel am not capable i don't drive. Most times after a heavy night of it i don't go near the car and that may be the case today. I have to go out later tonight but i'm hoping to get out of it and will text my brother soon if he can do the errand

Ihope it's not a meet you have planned...sounds like 'send in the cavalry'!"

LOL, no not a meet. if it was i would be worried.

My poor mother

Ihope it's not a meet you have planned...sounds like 'send in the cavalry'!

LOL, no not a meet. if it was i would be worried.

My poor mother "

why can I hear deliverance playing??

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I agree that it must be better for people to check unofficially in the morning that not give a monkey's, so surely the manufacturers of the self-test kits should be encouraged to make them err on the side of caution, as is the case with car manufacturers and speedo's.

» Add a new message to this topic