FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > how much time do you really have ?

how much time do you really have ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bristol

a work colleague whos wife stays home all day to mind the children is concerned about what she does all day ...she doesnt recount many events of times spent with the children but can tell him everyones status update on the hour on facebook

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"a work colleague whos wife stays home all day to mind the children is concerned about what she does all day ...she doesnt recount many events of times spent with the children but can tell him everyones status update on the hour on facebook "

I know people who go to work and can do the same thing, what's your point?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Typical man..he'd soon notice the difference if he came home and she really had done nothing all day

ok so how old are the kids? if they are toddlers to be fair they dont do much and if they are school age then they are at school, leaving her to check on facebook all day

Forum Mod

East Sussex

given we know absolutely nothing about this woman I fail to see how we can comment. Is this an attempt to open a discussion on women who choose to stay home?

"given we know absolutely nothing about this woman I fail to see how we can comment. Is this an attempt to open a discussion on women who choose to stay home? "

I think it is

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"given we know absolutely nothing about this woman I fail to see how we can comment. Is this an attempt to open a discussion on women who choose to stay home?

I think it is "

Ok. I think that if a family is lucky enough to be able to have one parent stay at home with the children and that is what they want to do it's great.

I also think that too many people are ready to brand a stay at home parent as lazy.

"given we know absolutely nothing about this woman I fail to see how we can comment. Is this an attempt to open a discussion on women who choose to stay home? "

no idea, it's an ill thought out thread as far as i'm concerned

Forum Mod

East Sussex

when our children were small one of us was at home all the time with them, I used to have various evening or weekend jobs to facilitate this.

Takes seconds to check on Facebook

Not so sly dig?

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

"a work colleague whos wife stays home all day to mind the children is concerned about what she does all day ...she doesnt recount many events of times spent with the children but can tell him everyones status update on the hour on facebook "

Ha my ex used to wonder this.

I spent 2 weeks actually do fuck all and he soon noticed how much I actually did at home doing "nothing" all day.

Laundry doesn't do itself, beds don't get manically made, hoover doesn't work alone and thats just a pinch of what needs doing after you have made sure the kids are sorted and ok.

By *issLissCouple  over a year ago

south east

To be fair I remember having 2 young babies and being a stay at home wife.... Looking back I had it made! Lol lots of my friends are housewives with school aged kids and they laugh and take the piss at how easy their life is!!

when my son was younger, and i was still married, we both worked and used child minders and hardly ever saw our boy. now i am on my own, i have had to give up work to become a full time carer (for my son) i see him all day every day, 24/7, 365 days a year and I wouldn't have it any other way...and yes, i go on facebook and i do the housework plus i do a uni course because that is what keeps me sane

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"To be fair I remember having 2 young babies and being a stay at home wife.... Looking back I had it made! Lol lots of my friends are housewives with school aged kids and they laugh and take the piss at how easy their life is!! "

why on earth would they laugh and take the piss about it? If that is their life and they're enjoying it what's the problem?

"a work colleague whos wife stays home all day to mind the children is concerned about what she does all day ...she doesnt recount many events of times spent with the children but can tell him everyones status update on the hour on facebook

Ha my ex used to wonder this.

I spent 2 weeks actually do fuck all and he soon noticed how much I actually did at home doing "nothing" all day.

Laundry doesn't do itself, beds don't get manically made, hoover doesn't work alone and thats just a pinch of what needs doing after you have made sure the kids are sorted and ok."

Windows,curtains,white goods all need cleaning. Gardening,shopping,sewing I could go on forever!

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bristol

"Not so sly dig?"

as i dont have kids at home it isnt ..they are both grown up and have flew the nest ..one is in the british military on a submarine for the next 6months

south east

"To be fair I remember having 2 young babies and being a stay at home wife.... Looking back I had it made! Lol lots of my friends are housewives with school aged kids and they laugh and take the piss at how easy their life is!!

why on earth would they laugh and take the piss about it? If that is their life and they're enjoying it what's the problem?"

There is none. I love the fact how they admit that they have it easy and laugh. It's a great quality, they know they are lucky. It's nice to see people enjoying their lives

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"To be fair I remember having 2 young babies and being a stay at home wife.... Looking back I had it made! Lol lots of my friends are housewives with school aged kids and they laugh and take the piss at how easy their life is!!

why on earth would they laugh and take the piss about it? If that is their life and they're enjoying it what's the problem?

There is none. I love the fact how they admit that they have it easy and laugh. It's a great quality, they know they are lucky. It's nice to see people enjoying their lives "

I see, I just wondered why you thought they were taking the piss and out of who.

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

"when my son was younger, and i was still married, we both worked and used child minders and hardly ever saw our boy. now i am on my own, i have had to give up work to become a full time carer (for my son) i see him all day every day, 24/7, 365 days a year and I wouldn't have it any other way...and yes, i go on facebook and i do the housework plus i do a uni course because that is what keeps me sane "

i read something somewhere a couple of week ago - guy wanted to know what she did all day so one day fella comes home and sees kids playing out all mucky and untidy - no tea on the go - dirty pots everywhere - beds not made etc etc - found mrs sat watching tv brew in hand - he questioned what had happened - she replied nothing - he went on to say everywhere is so messy - she said oh that - i decided not to do today all the things i usually do -

well it went something like that

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

one of my favorite lines from my now ex was when my son was about 22 months old and my twin girls were a month old..he walked in the door after work and looked around and said "what the fuck have you been doing all day?"

By *EXY50ishWoman  over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

It always makes me smile when you read from stay at home mums there's this to do and that to do and how it fills their days. Well heres a news flash working mums have it all to do, as well as going to work.

If you choose to stay at home fair enough but remember working mums have 2 full time jobs one at work and one at home

"i read something somewhere a couple of week ago - guy wanted to know what she did all day so one day fella comes home and sees kids playing out all mucky and untidy - no tea on the go - dirty pots everywhere - beds not made etc etc - found mrs sat watching tv brew in hand - he questioned what had happened - she replied nothing - he went on to say everywhere is so messy - she said oh that - i decided not to do today all the things i usually do -

well it went something like that"

Ooh, antagonistic! Who will fall for it?!

"when our children were small one of us was at home all the time with them, I used to have various evening or weekend jobs to facilitate this."

This was me. I chose to stay at home with kids daytime and had part time job in the evening. no Facebook back then either. busy with kids, housework etc. not saying this lady doesn't do that either

south east

"It always makes me smile when you read from stay at home mums there's this to do and that to do and how it fills their days. Well heres a news flash working mums have it all to do, as well as going to work.

If you choose to stay at home fair enough but remember working mums have 2 full time jobs one at work and one at home "

Face what? Sorry showing my age and IT illiteracy again

i stayed home with the kids - qualified as a childminder and spent the day entertaining a house full - all tidied away and tea on the table by the time he got in - he gets left the odd time for a couple of hours if i went out and i come back to chaos - of course i never moaned cos i knew what it was like but if he ever popped home he used to moan about the state of the place = never said no to the money i brought in - he is the ex for many reasons

"It always makes me smile when you read from stay at home mums there's this to do and that to do and how it fills their days. Well heres a news flash working mums have it all to do, as well as going to work.

If you choose to stay at home fair enough but remember working mums have 2 full time jobs one at work and one at home "

been there, done both!

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

If you choose to stay at home fair enough but remember working mums have 2 full time jobs one at work and one at home

been there, done both!"

If you have the time to read all their updates...

» Add a new message to this topic