FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone in the know about mobile phone contracts?

Anyone in the know about mobile phone contracts?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have a contract with O2 which ends in Aug 2011 but i really want a new phone. Is there any way i can get out of it so i can get what i want. I don't have any insurance on my current phone so i can't "lose it". Also it will cost me nearly 300 sheets to buy myself out, something which i'm not going to do.

Do i just have to stick it out??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *on Diego VegaMan  over a year ago

kew

"I have a contract with O2 which ends in Aug 2011 but i really want a new phone. Is there any way i can get out of it so i can get what i want. I don't have any insurance on my current phone so i can't "lose it". Also it will cost me nearly 300 sheets to buy myself out, something which i'm not going to do.

Do i just have to stick it out??"

Tell them your leaving and you will get a far better deal from the "save" team.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I have a contract with O2 which ends in Aug 2011 but i really want a new phone. Is there any way i can get out of it so i can get what i want. I don't have any insurance on my current phone so i can't "lose it". Also it will cost me nearly 300 sheets to buy myself out, something which i'm not going to do.

you should be able to upgrade 70 days before your contract ends if you are happy to stay with O2

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

it really depends on the length of the contract ......

with most 18-24 month contracts they will left you upgrade in the last 6 months as long as you sign another 18-24

but is it worth asking them.....

general rule of thumb is that the bigger your average spend, the shorter the time you can do the upgrade, and the cheaper the upgrade will end up costing....

hope that helps......

I will maybe phone them after August when its less than a year.

I really want a HTC Desire or an iphone

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

oh, idnt see that it was 2011!!! lol

only other thing i can think of is reduce your current contract to the lowest it can be (on O2 you have to do this incrementaly month by month) and then take another contract out

i was thinking of doing this after i lost my iPhone but was going to be spending £60 over both contracts so am now toughing it out with my crappy samsung georgio armani phone till March - then its iPhone time baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I will maybe phone them after August when its less than a year.

I really want a HTC Desire or an iphone "

iPhones are lovely..... if you are looking at uprading now... can I give ya some advice.....

Dont!!!!!!

there is apparently a new version of it coming out late summer... quicker OS, better camera, more memory and it actually looks nicer....

hold on till aug.. or even till around xmas, when they are looking are trying to stop moving to other networkd....

iPhones are lovely..... if you are looking at uprading now... can I give ya some advice.....

Dont!!!!!!

there is apparently a new version of it coming out late summer... quicker OS, better camera, more memory and it actually looks nicer....

hold on till aug.. or even till around xmas, when they are looking are trying to stop moving to other networkd...."

Yeah i have heard the iphone 4G is coming out soon. My daft mate has just got the 3G version as he was desperate to get one.

If truth be told i would rather have a HTC. From feedback it sounds a much better phone but things might change in the time i can get an upgrade.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Tell them your leaving and you will get a far better deal from the "save" team."

That only works if you're nearing the end of your contract!

"I really want a HTC Desire or an iphone "

HTC aren't new as a company but it's only over the past couple of years that their phones have become more widely available via the main mobile companies in the UK.

Approaching a year with an HTC TP2 and it's streets ahead of my last Nokia, and imho, the comparable Nokia too!

You could always buy your desired handset off fleabay or other sales sites and swap sim card over.

If you are an O2 premier customer the early upgrade is from month 15.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

Dont!!!!!!

hold on till aug.. or even till around xmas, when they are looking are trying to stop moving to other networkd....

Yeah i have heard the iphone 4G is coming out soon. My daft mate has just got the 3G version as he was desperate to get one.

If truth be told i would rather have a HTC. From feedback it sounds a much better phone but things might change in the time i can get an upgrade. "

i love HTC have had one for the last 3 contracts,cant fault em..re the contract ,cant see anyway out for now mate apart from the advice already given

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Yes. If you've got 15 months left on a contract, that means you're a maximum of 9 months into one (and possibly only 3).

It's usually only teenagers that have such a small attention span for phones.

if it helps i have a spare iphone - its an 8gb one but it might tie you over?

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"If truth be told i would rather have a HTC. From feedback it sounds a much better phone but things might change in the time i can get an upgrade. "

I have an HTC Desire. It really is fabulous. It does everything I need, and it seems to be that bit more responsive than my friends' iPhones.

However, I'm sure that the iPhone 4G will be just as quick as the HTC Desire, once it's released.

As I see it, if you're interested in the apps then the iPhone has the edge just because there's so flippin' many of them. The Android market is increasing in size, and as lots of people have flocked to the Desire recently it'll only continue to grow... but I can't quite see it catching up with Apple's app store.

Similarly, if you're tied-in to using iTunes already then it makes sense to go with the iPhone.

If, like me, you're not an iTunes user and you're not bothered about having access to a million apps (I only use a handful as quality is more important to me than quantity) then the Desire is a definite contender. It's cheaper than the iPhone, it's (for the time being) quicker than the iPhone and it has lots of Google-integrated apps which work great.

At the end of the day, though, buying either an iPhone or an Android phone won't leave you disappointed. Just steer clear of the Windows Mobile phones as they suck!

» Add a new message to this topic