FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are you voting?

Are you voting?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Euro Elections today, are you voting?

I wasn't planning on doing so, but I thought that I would have no right to complain if I did't.

Even if you spoil your paper, it's better than not voting at all.

Please don't use this topic for a politics debate... Ta Muchly.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How on earth is spoiling your paper better than not voting? It wont count so what's the point if that?

By *ibanditMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

I always vote.

I did spoil my paper for the police commissioner election the other year as I disagreed that it should be a party-political vote. I voted for PC Fancy Smith which got Brian Blessed's approval on twitter.

I'm holding back until we are given an "in or out" referendum on EU membership...

By *ucky1Man  over a year ago

a straightjacket

Spoilt votes DO count.... Image how embarrassing it would be if there were more spoilt papers than actual votes!!!

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Yes. I always do. And I still feel a little thrill that I can and a bit of the weight of history.

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

X

done already

"How on earth is spoiling your paper better than not voting? It wont count so what's the point if that? "

Spoilt ballots are counted.

"Spoilt votes DO count.... Image how embarrassing it would be if there were more spoilt papers than actual votes!!! "

By *obsrocketMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

I have voted didn't spoil my paper either. To me a spoiled paper is basically saying non of the above. Its the only sensible thing I have ever heard Russell Brand say is to have a "non of the above option"

Nope

"How on earth is spoiling your paper better than not voting? It wont count so what's the point if that? "

particularly as they are PR so every vote does count

"Spoilt votes DO count.... Image how embarrassing it would be if there were more spoilt papers than actual votes!!!

"

It would be exactly the same embarrassment as people not going to vote surely?

By *icky55Man  over a year ago

Warm an cosy cave. Brist

I think if they want people to vote they should give them some thing they can vote for, like an box that's for "No confidence". Perhaps the MP's will think about what the public wants, not what they can con the public into.

I will vote and I have always voted. People died to get us the vote. And people in plenty of other countries are denied the right. I tend to lack respect for people that can't be bothered to vote

"I will vote and I have always voted. People died to get us the vote. And people in plenty of other countries are denied the right. I tend to lack respect for people that can't be bothered to vote

"

"Its the only sensible thing I have ever heard Russell Brand say is to have a "non of the above option" "

And he pinched that from the Brewsters Millions film.

I will be voting, but L is due home this evening so we will go together then.

I will vote, in my opinion protest votes do not work all that happens is that the elected get to govern the masses with the votes of the few.

By *ucky1Man  over a year ago

a straightjacket

"Spoilt votes DO count.... Image how embarrassing it would be if there were more spoilt papers than actual votes!!!

It would be exactly the same embarrassment as people not going to vote surely?"

No because if people don't exercise their right to vote, the media will just say those people are too lazy or can't be bothered..... Imagine the media frenzy if millions did vote, spoil their paper because no politician appealed to them..... The MP's wouldn't know where to hide themselves and would be ridiculed

"I will vote and I have always voted. People died to get us the vote. And people in plenty of other countries are denied the right. I tend to lack respect for people that can't be bothered to vote

"

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I always vote no matter how inconvenient it might be. I've lived in, and travelled through, countries where people would give anything to have the democratic rights we have here - and I believe if we don't exercise those rights we diminish our right to criticise the crappy things done in our name.

If there isn't a candidate worthy of the seat, I'll spoil the ballot paper by writing "none of the above" all over it - I'd have done exactly that this morning (I was 1st into the station after it opened) had there not been the option of the Greens.

No, not really - that would just show that people are apathetic. A spoiled paper is counted and is a clear demonstration of active dissent.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"

I always vote as it is a hard won right for the people of the UK.

I wont be voting UKIP as I want to vote for someone that will attend debates and make a contribution to the good of the UK.

I always vote..... if you don't you have no right to complain

"Spoilt votes DO count.... Image how embarrassing it would be if there were more spoilt papers than actual votes!!! "

Spoilt ballots might add to the total votes cast but are meaningless. A bit like a child saying "shallnt do it". They just mean some will win on fewer votes. If you both to vote, and you should, pick a candidate who least offends you. Or vote Green

By *rank_SimoneCouple  over a year ago

Bideford

Always vote, no matter who you vote for, a non vote counts towards the eventual winners.

So you can't say you never voted them in, as technically you did.

Already done mine as it was a postal vote.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

[Removed by poster at 22/05/14 10:04:56]

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

No, I have absolutely no idea who the candidates are anyway

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

No I am not voting

At the point of declaration as well as votes for each party/ candidate being announced the number of spoilt ballots are announced too

"

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

I know what you mean and you are right , having said that , no one seems worthy of my vote , but I do like to whinge about them !!! Maybe I will pretend I voted , then I can justify my moaning

"I always vote no matter how inconvenient it might be. I've lived in, and travelled through, countries where people would give anything to have the democratic rights we have here - and I believe if we don't exercise those rights we diminish our right to criticise the crappy things done in our name.

If there isn't a candidate worthy of the seat, I'll spoil the ballot paper by writing "none of the above" all over it - I'd have done exactly that this morning (I was 1st into the station after it opened) had there not been the option of the Greens.

Spoilt votes DO count.... Image how embarrassing it would be if there were more spoilt papers than actual votes!!!

It would be exactly the same embarrassment as people not going to vote surely?

No, not really - that would just show that people are apathetic. A spoiled paper is counted and is a clear demonstration of active dissent."

here here well said that man

"No, I have absolutely no idea who the candidates are anyway "

10 mins on Google and Wikipedia will tell you all you nred to know. Dont drift out of democracy xx

A spoiled paper is counted and is a clear demonstration of active dissent."

Ive worked on elections and NO POLITICIAN TAKES SPOILT BALLOTS SERIOUSLY it is a wasted vote, they laugh because you didnt vote against them so dont do it make a positive choice or dont waste everyones time. Honestly xxx

A spoiled paper is counted and is a clear demonstration of active dissent.

Ive worked on elections and NO POLITICIAN TAKES SPOILT BALLOTS SERIOUSLY it is a wasted vote, they laugh because you didnt vote against them so dont do it make a positive choice or dont waste everyones time. Honestly xxx "

but if the total spoilt ballots exceeded those cast for candidates then they would all take notice. You can not get a ground swell of opinion noticed instantly it has to build up a head of steam. Once it becomes news more people will do it as many just have the apathetic opinion of oh well I won't bother

By *picyspiregirlCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

Mr spicy has just been, mrs spicy will be going after work.

We believe voting should be a legal obligation but none of the above should be an option.

By *andd2Couple  over a year ago

The Dungeon

We should have the same law as in Australia - you are legally required to vote. You can't complain if you're part of the problem ie: didn't vote.

Spoilt ballot papers count in the turn out figures and total percentages of who voted. If you don't go it's not counted

The biggest statement of no confidence is showing you don't agree.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Yes, I'll vote.

Done it already if you don't vote you cant really complain at the outcome.

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yes I will vote...

As I believe you have no right to complain if you don't.

I am French and I have been in Scotland for 20 years and they are still some elections I am not allowed to vote in... VERY frustrating... because I pay all my taxes like any other British citizen

"

but if the total spoilt ballots exceeded those cast for candidates then they would all take notice. You can not get a ground swell of opinion noticed instantly it has to build up a head of steam. Once it becomes news more people will do it as many just have the apathetic opinion of oh well I won't bother"

It will never happen and you have wasted your chance. When did a politico last say "oh i should do this becos of the spoilt votes"? What do spoilers want? No one knows. If you dislike them all setbup your own party...but spoiling your ballot only makes you feel good, it accomplishes nothing

Boy am i getting heavy, i must need a fuck

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I always vote..... if you don't you have no right to complain"

here is a qoute from George carlin which I tend to agree with... just exchange the parts where he refers to Americans and put in place british instead.

"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.'"

"I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain,' but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created."

"I always vote..... if you don't you have no right to complain

here is a qoute from George carlin which I tend to agree with... just exchange the parts where he refers to Americans and put in place british instead.

"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.'"

"I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain,' but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created."

"

Nice idea but if something happens by your inaction are you not responsible, particularly if your action might have prevented a bad thing happening?

Some politicians are corrupt but so are some busibessmen, priests and fabbers...not all are though and we should seek out the good and support them xxx

Boy i REALLY need a fuck

[Removed by poster at 22/05/14 11:42:30]

Did ours by postal vote

I always vote, and sometimes my only choice has been to spoil a ballot paper. If you spoil a ballot paper at least shows the politicians that you want to choose someone, even bother to turn up to vote, but what they are proposing is so rubbish you can't commit to voting got them.

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

Na fuck it. . .and them

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I'm not voting today. Not because of any ethical issue but because I am away from home and didn't realise I would be in time to arrange a postal vote.

I often treat the Greens as a 'non of the above' option, I know they are unlikely to get in but it's a positive way to register that I don't want to vote for the usual suspects - and yes, I'm in Nick Cleggs constituency

I shall attend the polling station but as yet am not sure what I will do. I believe strongly that we need a referendum on our position in the EU and until that comes I feel slightyly hypocritical voting to send people to a parliament which I believe has no constitutional right to set our laws. Given that none of the parties will have a mandate to ask for a referendum after this election irrespective of result I feel somewhere between a rock and hard place.

I will vote. Like others have said , if you don't , then you can't complain at the results.

been and done xx

just got back from Xing

Please vote for who you would truly like to win. Dont vote tactically. Thats how we have kept the main 3 showers of shit in office so long.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Voting. Someone is paying for those spoiled votes to be counted - Id have to stand myself, if no candidates were sultable. Spoiling is dreadful waste.

"We should have the same law as in Australia - you are legally required to vote. You can't complain if you're part of the problem ie: didn't vote. "

Voting is a right, not an obligation. To those who say if you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain - does that also mean that if you vote for a party that ends up doing some truly horrible things, you're partly responsible?

"We should have the same law as in Australia - you are legally required to vote. You can't complain if you're part of the problem ie: didn't vote.

Voting is a right, not an obligation. To those who say if you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain - does that also mean that if you vote for a party that ends up doing some truly horrible things, you're partly responsible?"

Yes.

» Add a new message to this topic