FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Children swearing

Children swearing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

First propper blip with it... do i calmly ignore it and prey it was a one off.. explain those are bad words and mummy should never have said them and shouldnt be repeated.. or any other suggestions?

i have slapped my own wrists.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Think if the moment has passed now then just ignore it but next time tell her she can't say those words.

With these things it has to be in the moment. Bringing it up again afterwards makes more of a deal of it and actually she won't remember saying it.

I still dont swear in front of my parents lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You'd be arrested for it nowadays, if we as kids swore in front of mum, she made us bite on a bar of soap. Soon stopped fucking swearing.

Agree if the moments passed just leave it. I explained to my little one when she swore it was a naughty word and to never say it again. My youngest even points out to other people if they swear and tells them it's naughty

"Think if the moment has passed now then just ignore it but next time tell her she can't say those words.

With these things it has to be in the moment. Bringing it up again afterwards makes more of a deal of it and actually she won't remember saying it.

I still dont swear in front of my parents lol"

ive not mentioned it and the moment has gone..

i dropped and smashed a plate when serving dinner and said 'ah fucking hell' in the kitchen...

she clearly heard me.

Squidge got the contex right though, she picked out what she wanted to wear and i pointed out that the top had a dirty mark on it so couldnt wear it.. 'ah fucking hell' was her reply

Our children know lots of swear words. They also know they'd find themselves in a heap of trouble if they used them. So I don't agree about the heat of the moment thing. I think it's a simple conversation to be had that sometimes adults do things that children shouldn't and that sometimes adults can be wrong too.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Sorry, but that sounds piss funny

I hope she doesn't do it again, but it reminds me of an old joke.

This lass takes her young daughter to the bank with her. When she reaches the cashier she explains that her daughter would like to deposit her 'wages'. She's got the builders in, doing a conservatory and her 4 year old has been working for them by making them sand castles and the builders all took to her, giving her a £1 a day as wages.

The cashier smiles and asks the little girl if she'll be working with the builders next week. She replies, 'Not sure, me duck, only if those fucking windows arrive at last!'

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

With my kids, I explained that I know they will swear, but never do it in the house or anywhere near me or their mum.

By *hoe_nixCouple  over a year ago

leeds

kid near us started calling everyone bastard

mother used diversionary tactics ignored him but said he shouldn't use the word blue

yep you got it ,,,, everyone became a blue bastard

"With my kids, I explained that I know they will swear, but never do it in the house or anywhere near me or their mum.

"

id never swear infront of my mum or my grandparents

oddly though my grandma has started to swear and was a right shock when she did..

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I'll swear in front of my parents. I learned most of the words from my dad anyway and they swear in front of me. We're all adults now.

I don't swear like I do with friends though. My mum hates me saying "fuck" and has a fit if I say "cunt" so I avoid those.

Since my brother died my parents have been surprised to learn from his friends that he swore incredibly liberally. One of his friends said he thought he had Tourette's when they first met. He never swore in front of my parents.

In that respect at least, my parents see more honestly who I am. That's how I see it.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

When callum was 4 he came home from school and asked what a fucking bastard was one of the kids had called him it. I explained it wasn't nice. He never swore again but from the age of about 12 he swore freely in front of me but has never sworn at me. I've always sworn in front of my mum,

I think children swearing without being challenged is distasteful.

Ignore it for now and just hope she doesn't drop anything at nursery and repeat the words. If she says it again in front of you act on it straight away. Don't tell her off but explain that there are certain words children , and adults , shouldn't really say.

To quote my own daughter... fucking hell....

Shes just shoved a loo roll down the toilet n flooded the bathroom.

Today is not my day.

My nephew just knows them as naughty words that only bad people use.

I used to say shit a lot, for example when I dropped something, burnt myself cooking etc. My oldest started saying it at about 3 years old. I explained how naughty it was and how naughty I was for saying it, even letting him give me a playful tap on my hand to tell me off when I did it. He stopped saying it within a few days and for weeks he used to tell me how naughty I was when I did it, which in turn stopped me saying it (now I know why my mum uses to say sugar so much!) x

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I don't swear in front of my lad, or my mum so I've got good at being able to switch it off. Lol.

But my ex and his while family use more swear words than regular words so I'm surprised that he hasn't sworn yet! When he does ill sit him down and tell him that it's not acceptable and his dad and grandparents should be setting a better example. (Not that it surprises me tbh)

The day we had my youngest daughter christened, unknown to me my other daughter had put fairy liquid down the toilets. when we got back i tried to hold it together and clear the mess and i clearly said "Oh for petes sake" she was standing behind me and clearly said in a very loud voice " Dad says it's not Pete it's Fuck" I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

Even today when i think about that it makes me smile ruby

"With my kids, I explained that I know they will swear, but never do it in the house or anywhere near me or their mum.

"

This, we have 2 teenage kids to think they don't swear would be very nieve of us, who wasn't swearing at 13? So our rule is swear all you want but if I ever hear you you will be in serious trouble,

I still don't swear I'm front of my dad

I dont swear, it would only be in circumstances of pain or stress. I wouldnt ever swear in front of my parents and ive never heard them swear.

My boys dont swear freely or in front, im sure they do with mates but they know its distasteful. When they were young we had the odd word, but mainly asking what it meant.

It is best to correct them but try not to make a huge deal out of it, it will pass

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

My mum and dad never swear unless its somethin really shocking or big and then when they do swear the words dont make sense . . .that bastarding fuckerserer r r r.

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

My children know all the swear words....they Dont use them except my oldest who will utter words but not at people.

you can't stop them doing it when they are out with friends but i hope they try hard to keep it to a bare minimum

"My children know all the swear words....they Dont use them except my oldest who will utter words but not at people.

you can't stop them doing it when they are out with friends but i hope they try hard to keep it to a bare minimum "

Being a nerd has its benefits, I've taught my boys the correct meaning of every "swear" word..... & none of them actually swear, my 14yr old explained my teaching to his friends & very few of them swear these days, its not big or clever

they hear them all over the place - i never swore in front of my kids when they were little but the main reason was that the ex did - every other word was f*** with him - surprisingly they never picked up the habit - it was a reaction to what happened and not something you do willy nilly - as others have said moment has gone - something to deal with in the future if she brings itup xx

"my 14yr old explained my teaching to his friends & very few of them swear these days, its not big or clever"

Bollocks

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

when I went on no way out at Thorpe park one year I had to apologise to the man behind with his kid

reason- when im scared I swear and spent the whole ride shouting shit shit shit

By *ames2425Man  over a year ago

Huntingdon-ish

7-year-old twins have decided it's time to start swearing.

Next morning mum calls them down to breakfast. "What do you want for breakfast" she asks the first twin.

"I think I'll have some bloody coco-pops" he says.

Wallop, slap! "Get up to your room" shouts mum.

"Now then" she asks the second twin "What do you want for breakfast?"

"I don't know mum, but it won't be fucking coco-pops".

ayrshire

I told my boy if i catch him swearing again i would fuckin kick his cunt in . .little prick

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

My eldest is 18 he swears freely but I have to pull him up if he swears infont o his 12 year old brothers,the twins get pepper on the tongue if they swear the realy bad swear words F,C,B etc but in not fussed if its a Shit or twat... They know the line n what happens if they cross it

You should try Mace - works better.

"The day we had my youngest daughter christened, unknown to me my other daughter had put fairy liquid down the toilets. when we got back i tried to hold it together and clear the mess and i clearly said "Oh for petes sake" she was standing behind me and clearly said in a very loud voice " Dad says it's not Pete it's Fuck" I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

Even today when i think about that it makes me smile ruby"

Now that has made me laugh!

Cute - like others have said, the moment has passed, so only bring it up, when it happens again. Which with children it invariably will.

I've actually found, that when out with younger children in a park or similar and teenagers nearby have sworn a few times - I will say something and 9 out of 10 times they will apologise and stop doing it.

By *icked weaselCouple  over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

"the twins get pepper on the tongue if they swear"

Is That not illegal..

"Think if the moment has passed now then just ignore it but next time tell her she can't say those words.

I still dont swear in front of my parents lol

ive not mentioned it and the moment has gone..

i dropped and smashed a plate when serving dinner and said 'ah fucking hell' in the kitchen...

she clearly heard me.

Squidge got the contex right though, she picked out what she wanted to wear and i pointed out that the top had a dirty mark on it so couldnt wear it.. 'ah fucking hell' was her reply "

Fact of life is she is going to swear, who doesn't?

You just have to teach her for the time being she isn't allowed to do it in front of adults as she will get in trouble.

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

"the twins get pepper on the tongue if they swear

Is That not illegal.. "

why would it be... Its a food so feeding kids is an offence these days??

I ignore the swear words and try get them saying something else

ayrshire

We all did it as kids

Then forgot not to swear back home

some of my best lyrics started with a fucksake

.fucksake mother brown for sale mother brown . .

» Add a new message to this topic