FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Everyone, your first job...

Everyone, your first job...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *londeCaz OP   Woman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

On the back of Lickety's shaving thread...

Was chatting with work colleague today and he said he remembered his first day at work....he's only worked on the site we're on now but I've worked in 5 other places and am 7 years older than him - I couldn't remember my first ever day in paid employment but have odd memories such as being identified as an Arse Ender just from saying hiya to someone...

Do you remember your first ever day in your first ever "proper" paying job?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can lad on a building site

Used to pick litter in toms diy car park in Lancaster as a youngster....that was my paper round as it were.

First real tax paying job was kitchen porter for Paulo giannis Italian resaurant in Lancaster....remember my first day pretty well....

In a flower shop mossing crosses

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Back room of a bank. A whole cupboard full of stationery - bliss!

my first job was doing woodcraft, I used to hand make children's wooden toys

cashier in a grocery store, I hated it after a while, everyone liked me and would always came through my line lol they'd even wait... who does that lol

In a delicatessen stacking shelves and then serving on the cheese and meat counter.....I kept getting told off for pinching bits of cheese

Glass collector in a hotel aged 15

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

As a service receptionist in a car dealership. First day was sent round the garage to get the tea order from the lads but just the once as I made it that bad I wasn't allowed to do it again - oops

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I can't even remember what my first job was. I had several during my teens.

By *icarswife45Woman  over a year ago

wiltshire town near Bath

Good old woolworths in the office counting all the cash,loved handling all that money.

From a youth training scheme to Mace supermarket, as it was called then.

My weekly wages was forty quid a week, it got me new heels

Her

Paperboy.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Working on the sled behind the baler, which was pulled round a field behind a tractor - I'd stack the bales into a pyramid as they came out of the machine, release it when it was complete and start over until the whole field was done.

I was about 13 and loved it - except when the baler twine got jammed and everything had to come to a halt until we got it untangled.

My first shift in my first job was as a waitress in a restaurant.

We had a party of 50+ African guys with limited English, and I didn't have a clue about the difference between beer, lager, etc. Thankfully my best mate was on the bar so she kept me right!

Was there for 4 years and ended up as the manager

By *londeCaz OP   Woman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I can't even remember what my first job was. I had several during my teens."

Know what you mean VV, I had morning, evening and Sunday paper rounds plus I worked in a shop that my Mam used to work in...buggered if I can remember what came first, but my first tax paying job was as a waitress in a local bar/restaurant (actually where I had my wedding reception) although my main memory of working there is having a Gene Pitney tape (note for young people: google TDK C90) playing nonstop and me forever having a crush on the guy who shot Liberty Vallance (he was the bravest of them all)

My first job was a counter assistant on the make up counter at Boots...it was only a YTS but it was a good laugh and I made, and still have some good friends and memories

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Uhhh... first tax paying job, I think, was in a local plastics factory, operating plastic welding machines.

First paid job was in martins newsagents. I earnt £11 a day and we used to go out clubbing on that....ah bliss.

£ 11 a Day ?

Mine First paid Job was as an waiter in a Club

Hotel waitress, chambermaid - general dogsbody when I was 10 x

Family owned a guesthouse.

Taught me more than a few lessons in dealing with the public x

Sara xx

" £ 11 a Day ?

Mine First paid Job was as an waiter in a Club "

Yeah I'm showing my age now!...now earn more than that an hour.....how times change...

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

Milkboy at13, slaughter house at16

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Stable groom. Loved it and to this day, I think it was my favourite job but the money was atrocious.

- Amy. x

I worked in a jewellers. My boss was awful. He only hired girls and he was a massive prick. He made me use a heated back massager on his shoulders daily. He also rubbed my back a lot around my bra straps... And commented on the stretch marks on the top/side of my breast when I didn't wear a cardigan. He called me a fucking idiot one day so I quit xD

He then threatened to give me a bad reference if I ever told anyone about what an arse he is. Needless to say, I never used him as a reference.

i used to chew bread for the gummy folks in the old folks home!

and shaved gooseberrys in a factory!

Postman .... Had much fun

Factory agency work from flowers to leeks where ever we were taken bloody hard work and long hours but great bunch of people to work with x

I went for the standard retail 101 with my first job

Summer work at McColl's newsagents

Nearly packed it in after a few days due to the pressure that I was putting on myself but eventually managed to pull myself together

I'd hate to have to go back to another job like that though

JN

Ooh can I count babysitting was earning my own money from the age of 12/13 both me and my brother used to give my mum board money as soon as we were earning but she put it in to separate accounts so when we left home we both had a little nest egg was very handy setting up home with a new born.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

1977 aged 15, petrol pump attendant during the xmas holidays. I worked 1pm - 6pm and earned £16/wk.

It was a trucker's stop and the catch on the diesel pump was broken so I had to hold the handle in whilst 40 gallons were delivered to both tanks. On particularly cold days I had to peel ma fingers off the handle after.

Happy days

By *ibanditMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

I received the princely sum of £3 a night as an actor at the local rep theatre aged 14. I haven't kept it up, accountancy is a more stable profession..!

I worked at Woolworths

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I started work in a factory in the cable dept we were called the strpper and screwers. I started off on a quid an hr lol

Ski Instructor in France

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

@ 14 i worked in a garden center loved it lost my virginity to Mrs North the owners sister she was my own Mrs Robinson she was 23 happy days

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Working in an industrial laundry folding sheets, pillow cases as they came off the press.

Changed my life: knuckled down at college as I realised without education that would be my life!

General dogsbody in a Restaurant. One of the first things I had to do on my first day was debeard thousands of Mussels in cold salt water yukkkkk

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

My first job at 16 was in a newsagents but at weekends I was a singer in a band on the clubs (that lasted 26 years)

xx

selling soft drinks door to door from the back of a Lorry (Alpine if anyone remembers them)

[Removed by poster at 22/05/14 07:01:43]

My first job in permanent paid employment was in a solicitors office doing Probate. It ended disastrously and I still hate thinking about it.

I suffered sexual harassment for a few years. My boss was constantly trying to touch me, saying things like he needed a hug first thing in the morning, giving me huge piles of legal documents to file in a bottom drawer and watching me bend over, implementing a uniform rule for me of never wearing trousers but pencil skirts and high heels. I had to go out of the office to visit clients with him, his hand would slip onto my knee whilst changing gear. He'd openly ogle my breasts, I don't think he once talked to my face.

After 3 years I snapped. He told me we had to go out to see a client, we turned up at a hotel and he said id been a pricktease for far too long. I started to cry in reception of the hotel, he felt that embarrassed we left and he took me home, said I was to rethink my work obligations if I wanted to continue on the legal exec route.

The next day I went in and I left his room door open and told him he was a dirty old pervert who wouldn't stop trying to touch me. He shouted back and a full scale row ensued where it all came tumbling out. I then stormed into see the senior partner to make a formal complaint of sexual harassment. He was suspended and later dismissed. I stayed for a few months but I hated going into the same office and I handed in my notice.

Thankfully the rest of my working life has gone ok. Retrained and went into a completely different line of work. It did make me a lot more assertive so some good came out of it

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

saturday job as a petrol pump attendant and paper boy in the week.

first proper job was building bicycle wheels at Raleigh in nottingham while waiting for my printing apprenticeship to start

The main thing about my first ever day in employment that I remember was going to the Pub at lunchtime, with my new colleagues, and drinking 3 pints of London Pride. Then having a cracking laugh all afternoon because we were half pissed

Receptionist in a car sales showroom. I was 18

A paperboy

By *onestjohn1962Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Saturday job in the camera dept at Boots. Spent all day trying to get a date with the sexy girls on the perfume counter.

Talk about out of my league !!!

Fruit and veg counter in tesco when I was 14 , I now hate and yes I mean hate poinsettia.

On the milk

My first day in my proper job. Told to stand to attention, not talk, get in line, shouted at, made to put green coveralls on and march about.

On a lighter side that first night we all got our bags searched before we got to our billets, and in my side pocket of mine one of the instructors pulled out a plain white paper bag, like what you used to get penny sweets in. "Who's this belong to?" He bellowed in front of everyone. "Mine sgt!!" I replied, shitting a brick (but thinking good on you mum you remembered my rhubarb and custards!!) Only to have the bag flung at my face and this huge bloke shouting "you won't be needing those here Boy!!!"

I looked down and saw my mum hadn't put sweets in at all! She popped to the family planning clinic and got me a load of condoms!!

Made a name for myself that night!!

"My first day in my proper job. Told to stand to attention, not talk, get in line, shouted at, made to put green coveralls on and march about.

On a lighter side that first night we all got our bags searched before we got to our billets, and in my side pocket of mine one of the instructors pulled out a plain white paper bag, like what you used to get penny sweets in. "Who's this belong to?" He bellowed in front of everyone. "Mine sgt!!" I replied, shitting a brick (but thinking good on you mum you remembered my rhubarb and custards!!) Only to have the bag flung at my face and this huge bloke shouting "you won't be needing those here Boy!!!"

I looked down and saw my mum hadn't put sweets in at all! She popped to the family planning clinic and got me a load of condoms!!

Made a name for myself that night!! "

Your Mum is the best kind of mum!

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

I used to remove the crabs from Jayne Mansfields arse

"My first day in my proper job. Told to stand to attention, not talk, get in line, shouted at, made to put green coveralls on and march about.

Made a name for myself that night!!

Your Mum is the best kind of mum! "

Still does my washing to this day!!

God bless her

» Add a new message to this topic