FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Updating Driving Licenses.

Updating Driving Licenses.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r-Unique OP   Man  over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

It looks like out of my circular of friends and family I am the first person to do this . I have posted my driving licence off. Anyone know how long it takes for me to receive my license back?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

About a week x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not long,I did mine earlier in the yr,maybe a week if I remember rightly

"It looks like out of my circular of friends and family I am the first person to do this . I have posted my driving licence off. Anyone know how long it takes for me to receive my license back? "

You should get it back in a few weeks doesn't take too long!

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

Can you tell me how much it costs and if need to get new photos ?

Carmarthenshire

"It looks like out of my circular of friends and family I am the first person to do this . I have posted my driving licence off. Anyone know how long it takes for me to receive my license back?

You should get it back in a few weeks doesn't take too long! "

Need it in a month. So gasping at straws then

Carmarthenshire

"Can you tell me how much it costs and if need to get new photos ?"

£20 and I already had photos that were taken long after . So didn't have to pay for them, but photos cost me normally about £5

£20 and yes you need new photos,I look like a crosseyed psychopath in mine

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Yes you need to get new photos done for the new photo card driving license, has to be done every 10 years, new photos every time. Can't remember how much it costs though, did mine around 5 years ago.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Still got my 38yr old paper license

"Still got my 38yr old paper license "

Also still on the old paper licence and hopefully won't change unless I'm forced too

still have my paper licence too.when it becomes free I'll change it.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Just got the D1 form through the post tiday to renew mine. I have a paper one so old my workmates say I should put on white gloves to handle it! I need to change it because my employer need me to drive 7.5tonnes and are currently putting me through CPC.

Did mine online today, you can do this if your current uk passport is less than 5 years old. They emailed me back and said 2 weeks.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Kept my paper one.

"still have my paper licence too.when it becomes free I'll change it. "

I applied for a colleagues online to change from his paper one to a card (and change his address)...dunno how but managed to skip through the screens without being charged a penny and they used the photo off his passport. We figured it was too easy and the licence wouldn't turn up, but he had it within a fortnight. Might be worth a try if you've got a valid passport?

ayrshire

Thanks guys mines up soon . . .must be a Scottish thing fucking 20quid and a visit to a phone booth. .i feel sickly

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"still have my paper licence too.when it becomes free I'll change it.

I applied for a colleagues online to change from his paper one to a card (and change his address)...dunno how but managed to skip through the screens without being charged a penny and they used the photo off his passport. We figured it was too easy and the licence wouldn't turn up, but he had it within a fortnight. Might be worth a try if you've got a valid passport?"

think thta only works if your passport is less than something like 5 years old.

"Did mine online today, you can do this if your current uk passport is less than 5 years old. They emailed me back and said 2 weeks."

do you need your licence number? I can't find my paper license

I applied for a colleagues online to change from his paper one to a card (and change his address)...dunno how but managed to skip through the screens without being charged a penny and they used the photo off his passport. We figured it was too easy and the licence wouldn't turn up, but he had it within a fortnight. Might be worth a try if you've got a valid passport?

think thta only works if your passport is less than something like 5 years old. "

Maybe, but was still surprised there was no charge at all for the change from paper only to paper & plastic...it didn't ask for payment details at any point.

Carmarthenshire

"Thanks guys mines up soon . . .must be a Scottish thing fucking 20quid and a visit to a phone booth. .i feel sickly "

Scottish thing?

ayrshire

Thing is I've got a photo one that just happens to be tenyear old but it just seems like yesterday i paid for that ..I've had a very very quiet ten year and look the same does that count for anything?

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

i did mine last week .. took about a week to come through .. i let the post office do the whole thing

ayrshire

"Thanks guys mines up soon . . .must be a Scottish thing fucking 20quid and a visit to a phone booth. .i feel sickly

Scottish thing? "

the Scottish. We are well known as the steenjy man of Europe. .haven't you heard

What happens if you've had it confiscated, do they renew it for you on the necessary due date?

"Thanks guys mines up soon . . .must be a Scottish thing fucking 20quid and a visit to a phone booth. .i feel sickly

Scottish thing? the Scottish. We are well known as the steenjy man of Europe. .haven't you heard "

Even stingier when a Scot moves down to Yorkshire. It must be his turn to buy a round after almost 4 years, surely.

ayrshire

"

What happens if you've had it confiscated, do they renew it for you on the necessary due date?

"

depends why its been confiscated

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Still got my 38yr old paper license

Also still on the old paper licence and hopefully won't change unless I'm forced too"

Or you move. I'm on my paper licence too.

The garage was a bit shocked when I had to have a courtesy car and show them my licence - the young woman had never seen a paper one and had to ask someone else if it was a real licence.

"Did mine online today, you can do this if your current uk passport is less than 5 years old. They emailed me back and said 2 weeks."

This is the easiest way to go if your passport is up to date.

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

Posted mine Monday was back on friday

Carmarthenshire

"Did mine online today, you can do this if your current uk passport is less than 5 years old. They emailed me back and said 2 weeks.

This is the easiest way to go if your passport is up to date. "

Surely this can be wrong. Example you get your passport updated today, 2014. So in 2024 it will need updating again and a new photo, in 2023 your licenses needs renewing so you use the same photo. So 9 years after that. your photo is out of date, yet your license will say all is above board.

think yourselves lucky, i have to renew my taxi licence every year £82 + £5 for photos!

You don't need new pics if you have a current passport.

Replaced mine last week online and if you give them your passport No. they can use your passport pic with your permission.

"Did mine online today, you can do this if your current uk passport is less than 5 years old. They emailed me back and said 2 weeks.

do you need your licence number? I can't find my paper license "

Yes. You will need license no.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

no charge if its change of address too

"Need it in a month. So gasping at straws then "

No problem

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I did mine last week , hadnt realised my old one had expired 10 days before. My son in law sent off for his full licence that took about 8 days .

If you're stuck . Go to the post office and they will do everything for you .

Carmarthenshire

"If you're stuck . Go to the post office and they will do everything for you ."

Don't understand, lol. It's been posted. Just wanted to know how long I have to wait to get a reply/license back.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

think thta only works if your passport is less than something like 5 years old.

Maybe, but was still surprised there was no charge at all for the change from paper only to paper & plastic...it didn't ask for payment details at any point."

It's because it was a change of address. They don't charge when you change your address.

I kept my paper licence until I moved because I wouldn't pay to change it.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Renewed mine at a local post office in a special booth they have there for it and I got mine back within 3 days

What do people do if they need photo ID but have a paper license and no passport?

"What do people do if they need photo ID but have a paper license and no passport?"

Say cheeeeese lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"What do people do if they need photo ID but have a paper license and no passport?"

Cry?

Also still on the old paper licence and hopefully won't change unless I'm forced too"

Same here, especially with a charge

Also still on the old paper licence and hopefully won't change unless I'm forced too

Same here, especially with a charge "

I quite like having the old tatty paper one folded up in my wallet. I don't think I am ever going to need a photo licence when buying booze at the off licence again so I might as well stick with it.

Carmarthenshire

I quite like having the old tatty paper one folded up in my wallet. I don't think I am ever going to need a photo licence when buying booze at the off licence again so I might as well stick with it.

"

True, but it's more easily lost than a card, can get damaged easily and no company will take it as a form of ID and I don't mean shops now. I mean places like banks, etc.

few days - really quick

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

True, but it's more easily lost than a card, can get damaged easily and no company will take it as a form of ID and I don't mean shops now. I mean places like banks, etc."

I used my paper licence as proof of identity in the post office a few days ago.

I was getting a refund on a postal order which went astray in the mail.

re-did mine at the post office- they took the photo - checked it all - sent it off - pip squeak

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I have no idea if it's true but I'm told the medical questions for a 'card' licence are more probing than of old.

True, but it's more easily lost than a card, can get damaged easily and no company will take it as a form of ID and I don't mean shops now. I mean places like banks, etc."

However when one gets to my age, I don't need ID cos its pretty obvious I am old

And I have my paper license in a nice wallet in a zip compartment in my handbag cos I am also organised

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's worth everyone on the new system checking that their photo is up to date. The photos are valid for 10 years only.

Still got the old licence here and until told I won't be getting a photo licence it's another rip off

Touch wood mine hasn't ever been lost, admittedly got a few crease rips but nothing to make it illegible. My Passport does the job of proving my identity very well if I ever need it.

Carmarthenshire

Scottish thing? the Scottish. We are well known as the steenjy man of Europe. .haven't you heard "

Thought that was politicians and the Jewish

Carmarthenshire

Ok I am confused now. Had my license card back, with no letter saying it's been updated or anything, but the card has been update. However they haven't taken the money out of my account. Did post a cheque when I applied. Does that mean I have had a freebie or the company hasn't got round to going to the bank yet to cash it?

"Still got my 38yr old paper license "

Haha, same here!

By *unPeteMan  over a year ago

Near Bristol

Haha, same here!"

Had one copper who wouldn't believe my old paper licence was valid. Had to ask his radio for confirmation.

i only renewed mine because i moved house - otherwise mine would still be paper

» Add a new message to this topic