FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sick to death of the system !!

Sick to death of the system !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have just been given yet another new Social worker, i barely got to know the last one let alone my daughter.

Tonight he was supposed to come out and say "Hello" to us both, but it turns out that he has double booked the appointment and is now not coming !!

She is now 15 and at a turning point in her life where the word "Transition" keeps raising it's ugly head. So surly with the interests of these children so they do get to know whom is looking after and out for them it would be best NOT to keep chopping and changing.

Sorry if this comes across as a rant it wasn't meant to be, it just that with in 2/3yrs time my daughter could be leaving my side and going into permanent Respite care.

I just can't help thinking that the system is letting us down just before we begin that journey into the unknown...

Ruby !!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tirling DarkCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

[Removed by poster at 21/05/14 16:10:07]

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'm sure it is difficult for you. Unfortunately, "the system" can't force people to stay in their jobs and work with the same families consistently.

Consistency of care, when it happens, is fantastic.

I hope the new social worker turns out to be supportive and helpful.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Social workers are people, people have lives and those lives are also subject to change. While in a perfect world it would be the same person throughout this is not realistic or feasable really. All the best with your daughter x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Let that be known to the care team. I must admit we've had our social worker for 2 years now and he has gotten to know my son really well and that does help. That said, change is inevitable in life and helping your daughter find whatever way to cope with that she needs is also a valuable skill, if she's in a position that she can learn how to adjust.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Continuity of care would be fantastic, sadly it ain't always going to happen.

I admire the work that they do though, it must be tough for all people involved.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It's very difficult dealing with 'the system' as it moves very slowly and has no emotional connection, additionally their priorities will be different to yours. Hang on in there!

» Add a new message to this topic