FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > children in pubs

children in pubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *.nottsbloke.. OP   Man  over a year ago

nottinghamshire

remember when you could go for a pint after work Friday with ye mates without tons of kids running around the place.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I often take mine to my local

I remember sitting in the car as kids with a bottle of with those annoying bloody paper straws and a packet of salt n vinegar

No kids in pubs - we were all in the car park!!

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Pub dynamics have changed a lot in recent years. Financial pressures mean they've had to change or they'd go under.

Gone is the old fashioned boozer filled with men in dirty work clothes having a pint before going home for tea. Now they're more welcoming to ladies and families. More emphasis is placed on food rather than wet sales.

Some like it, others don't

Take it you've got no kids - wait until you do - you might appreciate how much more parents need a drink (lol) x

We don't mind kids in pubs as long as their parents keep them under control, and only through the day.

No kids in pubs after 7pm we say

I think there are a range of pubs. Some suited to families and some more for adults.

I like this, gives everyone choice

"We don't mind kids in pubs as long as their parents keep them under control, and only through the day.

No kids in pubs after 7pm we say"

What about if they are there to eat?

"I remember sitting in the car as kids with a bottle of with those annoying bloody paper straws and a packet of salt n vinegar

No kids in pubs - we were all in the car park!!"

I used to have Vimto

nottinghamshire

maybe fit a special cage in the pub for the kids

Wetherspoons are kid friendly. And as a parent of now adult children it is a bit annoying if kids are running around with no control A bar I go to is kid friendly, has board games and colouring sheets and crayons for them. it's a nice place to go

"remember when you could go for a pint after work Friday with ye mates without tons of kids running around the place. "

I bet the landlord really looked forward to this every Friday custom from yourself and friends Lol

Did they close the doors when you went home and sit about awaiting your return.

"maybe fit a special cage in the pub for the kids "

Good thinking. Means i dont have to bother keeping an eye on them then

Its no kids in the bar after 9pm here

Can stay later in restaurant or lounge if having food

We have a pub in our village, doesn't do food except crisps etc and has a no children rule after 6pm. It's packed most evenings with people who want to have a pint in their local and not have to contend with "diners" as well as noisy kids. Like stepping back in time, and the best thing? It's five minutes walk from where I live

Liking this idea a lot, if it can be sound-proofed too.

No issue with kids in pubs here. We are parents though. I think it's great. We often meet friends for a quick post work pint on a Friday, the collective children of our social group live it to, they get to catch up with their friends.

There are a couple of very family friendly ones near me that do great beer too.

There are a couple, less so friendly to families. Vote with your feet.

By *ing and RideCouple  over a year ago

stockport

Our local has a "no kids after 8pm" policy..that works and the landlord comes round and asks them to leave if it's after that.

only taken my child in one at lunch time to eat,

sadly i see a lot of people just using it so the parents can get pissed and let their new born babies in prams just sleep or toddler run around in a beer garden

We only ever took ours to family pubs that had play areas for children,what child wants to sit in a pub? When mine were younger smoking was still allowed and that wasn't an atmosphere I wanted them to spend time in

Theres something for everyone though,nowadays I avoid places that are overun with children

I don't mind, but recently I saw a woman in a club with a baby. It was a private party upstairs they all arrived at about 11 and there was just one woman with a baby over her shoulder while the music was blasting.

"We don't mind kids in pubs as long as their parents keep them under control, and only through the day.

What about if they are there to eat? "

I don't want to eat 1 I prefer a kebab after a few pints

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

I been divorced 2 year seperated for 3 before that i have taken my kids to the pub once & that was a "fun pub" with slides n stuff for a meal with my boys. I think its very lazy parenting same parents think McDonalds n KFC are a great idea for feeding their offspring

I don't mind as long as they are good.

We took ours on Sunday afternoon. I just wish adults would be more aware. I had to distract my 7 year old so she would my hear all the swearing and filth from the guy next to me when we getting a drink. The pub doesn't belong to anyone and if children are allowed in there, then they have as much right to be there as any adult. If I am being courteous making sure they behave so as not to annoy other people, then the other adults should behave in a similar fashion so as not to annoy us.

I take my daughters to the pub but only for lunch (I never drink alcohol while I'm with them) with friends. Also may take them in the evening for family meals but they aren't allowed to leave the table. I think children should be welcomed to pubs as long as the parents watch their children and they aren't causing trouble

Our local has a bouncy castle in the garden area. No children after 8pm. It's full on a Sunday with families having Sunday lunch

By *eerobCouple  over a year ago

solihull

All children should be banned. Not just from pubs, just banned

"Pub dynamics have changed a lot in recent years. Financial pressures mean they've had to change or they'd go under.

Gone is the old fashioned boozer filled with men in dirty work clothes having a pint before going home for tea. Now they're more welcoming to ladies and families. More emphasis is placed on food rather than wet sales.

Some like it, others don't"

You can still find good old fashioned pubs even in the trendy areas of the city centers. The "Penny Farthing" in Lime street Liverpool is like going back into the '60's ( unintentionally) lol

If children are well behaved its great, its the ones running around, screaming while the parents seem oblivious that really make my blood boil.

"All children should be banned. Not just from pubs, just banned "

Lol

I think it's ok to bring them for a couple of hours when it's early. But I can't stand parents who bring them and then just get pissed with their mates.

It's not always the kids running riot, some parents get pissed when they have their kids with them

Most pubs in my area have closed down through lack of business. Nowadays men like to go home to their families after work. Single men are probably at home playing Xbox or Playstation. It's cheaper

yes those were the good old days, they should never have allowed kids in pubs, they should have special kids rooms for them like they used too.

The problem is as someone said, families bring in more money, though realistically with all the deals, it’s not a great profit however it does do more than those who sit around and drink all day. The problem is that whilst I have no objection to clearing up after little weeny ones, I do have a problem with children who should know better and indeed my pub boss has had to tell one family if they don’t keep their children under control, they won’t be allowed back in. The other issue unfortunately, especially during the summer holidays, is that an awful lot of parents come in, sit drinking all day and expect someone else to child mind their children and when you are taking hot piping food to a table on a red hot skillet, it’s not much fun when children are running around. We do provide colouring sheets and crayons for them but that really isn't childminding lol

When I first started there, children under 9 had to leave by 7pm and those up to 16 by 9pm unless they had food, now children are allowed in until 9 pm. We also had set areas where children were allowed to sit, that has increased from one area to three.

As to the regulars who cause the most issues with drinking and swearing, they are told in no uncertain terms to mind their language. Unfortunately they do think they own the pub and make it plainly obvious if they are watching a football/rugby match on the tv, that no-one is welcome in that area

Yes it would be nice to go into a pub and not find it full of noisy children and parents but realistically in this day and age, they bring in the money not the drinkers

The pubs in my area have a rule that no children are allowed in after 7pm. But i must admit i have lost it on a Sunday lunchtime while practicing darts and parents are sitting outside and the kids are inside causing mayhem. Sometimes because they hang around you and the parents think YOU are looking out for them... Bloody unacceptable....

The thing that also gets my back up is dogs being allowed to roam around unleashed

"The problem is as someone said, families bring in more money, though realistically with all the deals, it’s not a great profit however it does do more than those who sit around and drink all day. The problem is that whilst I have no objection to clearing up after little weeny ones, I do have a problem with children who should know better and indeed my pub boss has had to tell one family if they don’t keep their children under control, they won’t be allowed back in. The other issue unfortunately, especially during the summer holidays, is that an awful lot of parents come in, sit drinking all day and expect someone else to child mind their children and when you are taking hot piping food to a table on a red hot skillet, it’s not much fun when children are running around. We do provide colouring sheets and crayons for them but that really isn't childminding lol

When I first started there, children under 9 had to leave by 7pm and those up to 16 by 9pm unless they had food, now children are allowed in until 9 pm. We also had set areas where children were allowed to sit, that has increased from one area to three.

As to the regulars who cause the most issues with drinking and swearing, they are told in no uncertain terms to mind their language. Unfortunately they do think they own the pub and make it plainly obvious if they are watching a football/rugby match on the tv, that no-one is welcome in that area

Yes it would be nice to go into a pub and not find it full of noisy children and parents but realistically in this day and age, they bring in the money not the drinkers"

All money is made on soft drinks and crisps etc, Sometimes all i drink is soda water and this can range from being free to £1 per 1/2 pint. ruby

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

In the sort of pubs I take my tranny ass to I don't see any kids.

There is the answer, go to Gay pubs and be prepared to go mental when the DJ starts playing Tainted Love

"Take it you've got no kids - wait until you do - you might appreciate how much more parents need a drink (lol) x"

Stuff the pub where can I get 1 of these for my house!!!!!

"The problem is as someone said, families bring in more money, though realistically with all the deals, it’s not a great profit however it does do more than those who sit around and drink all day. The problem is that whilst I have no objection to clearing up after little weeny ones, I do have a problem with children who should know better and indeed my pub boss has had to tell one family if they don’t keep their children under control, they won’t be allowed back in. The other issue unfortunately, especially during the summer holidays, is that an awful lot of parents come in, sit drinking all day and expect someone else to child mind their children and when you are taking hot piping food to a table on a red hot skillet, it’s not much fun when children are running around. We do provide colouring sheets and crayons for them but that really isn't childminding lol

Yes it would be nice to go into a pub and not find it full of noisy children and parents but realistically in this day and age, they bring in the money not the drinkers

All money is made on soft drinks and crisps etc, Sometimes all i drink is soda water and this can range from being free to £1 per 1/2 pint. ruby"

Our soda is free, as is water and you are right about the crisps, 95p per bag but I pay (on special offer in Tesco's) 99p, £1.25 (I think) for a cup of tea/coffee however to stay afloat, some pubs shut early or don't open at all on some days I found after arranging meets at them

nottinghamshire

have u seen the baby cages from the 20s used to hang the out the window in tower blocks in America. to give more room ibm the flat Google it the pictures are kind of funny

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"maybe fit a special cage in the pub for the kids

Stuff the pub where can I get 1 of these for my house!!!!! "

The cupboard under the stairs is just as affective, in fact more so as you don't have to look at them either

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

effective *

By *urvywelshCouple  over a year ago

Everywhere and nowhere baby

No kids in pubs after 7pm we say"

Agree totally.

Agree totally. "

ditto

"I remember sitting in the car as kids with a bottle of with those annoying bloody paper straws and a packet of salt n vinegar

No kids in pubs - we were all in the car park!!"

Same here

No kids in pubs - we were all in the car park!!

Same here "

Yes we did this too, banging on the window then we had run out.

and i always remember that pubs always seemed to back onto church yards, which we found very spooky as youngsters Ruby

There are five pubs/bars in my local high street and children are only allowed into one of them, and that is only if they are eating.

If children in pubs upset you find a pub that is child free.

They do, it's called a Wacky Warehouse / soft okay area.

To be honest if you abound the pubs clearly aimed at the families then I've never noticed a problem, especially on a Friday evening.

I do agree that pubs should be kid free zones after 8pm though.

I run and manage 3 pubs and all of them are children friendly kids are the future of this world so treat them equally if they arnt causing mayhem then what is the problem I never have problems in my pubs everyone knows the score!! If customers don't like it then they can find another pub to drink in I say!!!!

My pub is a family pub lots of younger family's enjoying the garden and the kids disco but after closing time only couples and ladies for pub fun

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I remember going to the pub when I was a kid with my parents, but only being allowed in the beer garden or family areas.

"maybe fit a special cage in the pub for the kids

Stuff the pub where can I get 1 of these for my house!!!!!

The cupboard under the stairs is just as affective, in fact more so as you don't have to look at them either "

No stairs we live in a bungalow lol

Then it's off to 'The Liverpool' for a boogie

Nope. Shouldn't be in pubs unless it's split in two so there's a side kids aren't allowed.

But I rarely go drinking in the day anyways. And if I do, I stay away from places that have a kids area.

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

Children that annoy in pubs?

Control them with big naily clubs?

When I was young there used to be a dedicated children's room we had those table arcade game things and pacman used to be great fun and we were left on our own x

It's the d*unken adults that puts me off pubs

Who cares as long as they get a round in

Don't go into pubs so we don't have a problem.

Round our way it's the kids taking care of d*unken parents

"When I was young there used to be a dedicated children's room we had those table arcade game things and pacman used to be great fun and we were left on our own x"

Hey yeah some pubs were great for that

Kids in pubs is one of the main reasons we don't go to them any more. Add to that the pissed idiots, the smell of stale booze and cleaning products, over-priced drinks - the list goes on.

kids in the pub should b see and not heard my kids were not aloud to run around sceeaming annoying other customers

"In the sort of pubs I take my tranny ass to I don't see any kids.

There is the answer, go to Gay pubs and be prepared to go mental when the DJ starts playing Tainted Love "

I'll drink to that!

So we have family friendly pubs plenty of choice down the coast, restaurants/pubs if we have adult only drinking pubs then why cant we smoke in them then there would be a choice for everyone x

We have 3 pubs in our village,I don't mind kids in there at lunch or early evening but not after about 8.It definitely puts some people off going to pubs especially those that work with kids all week and just want to have a relaxing drink on a Friday night with adult friends.

"So we have family friendly pubs plenty of choice down the coast, restaurants/pubs if we have adult only drinking pubs then why cant we smoke in them then there would be a choice for everyone x"

Lots of adults don't like smoking on pubs.

"So we have family friendly pubs plenty of choice down the coast, restaurants/pubs if we have adult only drinking pubs then why cant we smoke in them then there would be a choice for everyone x

Lots of adults don't like smoking on pubs. "

I think you can smoke on them as long as you are wearing a hard hat,its smoking in pubs that some don't like

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

"So we have family friendly pubs plenty of choice down the coast, restaurants/pubs if we have adult only drinking pubs then why cant we smoke in them then there would be a choice for everyone x"

Because you'd have to also have smoking/non-smoking pubs. x

"kids in the pub should b see and not heard my kids were not aloud to run around sceeaming annoying other customers"

"So we have family friendly pubs plenty of choice down the coast, restaurants/pubs if we have adult only drinking pubs then why cant we smoke in them then there would be a choice for everyone x

Because you'd have to also have smoking/non-smoking pubs. x"

I thought all pubs were a smoke free zone, however working mens clubs/associations etc may have different rules as they are not deemed pubs

"If children are well behaved its great, its the ones running around, screaming while the parents seem oblivious that really make my blood boil. "

"remember when you could go for a pint after work Friday with ye mates without tons of kids running around the place. "

Option 1 : go out on Thursdays instead

Option 2 : stop drinking in The Wacky Warehouse

Because you'd have to also have smoking/non-smoking pubs. x

I thought all pubs were a smoke free zone, however working mens clubs/associations etc may have different rules as they are not deemed pubs"

But working men's clubs are a place if work so are still smoke free zones.

» Add a new message to this topic