FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sowing my seeds !

Sowing my seeds !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With everything sprouting so fast ....

I decided I'd better do something about my bald patches

So it's down to the garden centre, a big bag of seed and top coat and I've been digging, and hoeing and spreading my seeds

In the hope that the weather turns a little and keeps everything moist and I come back at the end of the week to a lush lawn ( or the beginnings thereof)

Any other people been busy in the garden ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andd2Couple  over a year ago

The Dungeon

Finished some planting this afternoon. Covered our fruit tree plot with netting to stop the birds from getting in now the fruit is showing. Tied our peas up and also tied our runner beans up too. Spread slug pellets everywhere. All in all is been a productive day

"Finished some planting this afternoon. Covered our fruit tree plot with netting to stop the birds from getting in now the fruit is showing. Tied our peas up and also tied our runner beans up too. Spread slug pellets everywhere. All in all is been a productive day

"

I can't do slug pellets because of the tortoise .... but she does keep the snail population down

By *its n ballsCouple  over a year ago

Close to A55 in our own bubble

At the weekend hubby made a sunlonger (on Saturday) and tended the lawn lol .

whilst I was busy(haha) on sunday morning he jet washed the back patio side drive and general hung round the garden doing 'things 'lol

our peas are growing nicely the broccoli is starting to look good .and the strawberry plant and tomato plants have little flowers on lol

oh and the rhubarb is looking a little on the thin side lol hopefully the stems will thicken out

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

.just picked a bumper harvest. .anyone for a petit four.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hoed between the cabbages. picked my first harvest of little gem lettuces. my runner beans dont want to grow mange tout arelooking good

"Finished some planting this afternoon. Covered our fruit tree plot with netting to stop the birds from getting in now the fruit is showing. Tied our peas up and also tied our runner beans up too. Spread slug pellets everywhere. All in all is been a productive day

I can't do slug pellets because of the tortoise .... but she does keep the snail population down "

Do you bring the tortoise In At night Or does She Not Wander..

By *anatee175Couple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Our peas are in flower, carrots and runner beans are doing nicely. We also have two types of potatoes in, the early ones are quiet tall looking really good. We jet washed the back on Sunday and next week will do the front. Just need to re paint the gazebo then that's done for a year.

my lilys and lupins are flowering nicely..

think im too late to plant sunflowers.

gonna nip to garden centre sometime soon and buy some plants.

never tried to grow anything from seed. my grandparents bought some 'flower magic' seeds

I moved the lawn mower out of the way earlier to get to my tool box!

I can't do slug pellets because of the tortoise .... but she does keep the snail population down Do you bring the tortoise In At night Or does She Not Wander.."

She finds her way back to her shed each night and tucks herself in

I can't do slug pellets because of the tortoise .... but she does keep the snail population down Do you bring the tortoise In At night Or does She Not Wander..

She finds her way back to her shed each night and tucks herself in "

You have her trained then haha Could do with a tortoise like that she

would never run out of snails around here or slugs we use to get song thrush

hammering the snail shells you hardly see a song thrush now because their population numbers are lower now days.

With all this rain we have had its like the emerald isle around here the snails and slugs will be comeing out in vengence

Along with the s invasive species are

A real pain give them a bit of soil and space and they soon multiply.

Are you sowing the seeds of love too ?

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I can't do slug pellets because of the tortoise .... but she does keep the snail population down Do you bring the tortoise In At night Or does She Not Wander..

She finds her way back to her shed each night and tucks herself in "

Someone I know adopted two tortoises recently. One is 90 and the other 100.

The 100 year old doesn't move about much but the younger one does the rounds of the garden. Unfortunately he doesn't put himself away at night and his new owners are worried about leaving him out. Every evening involves crawling around the garden, hunting under hedges and plants for a tortoise!

Best entertainment I've seen in ages!

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

If anyone ever needs plants or flowers killing, let me know. I only have to look at them for them to die...

I wish I was green fingered

P.S. This doesn't work with s.

"Are you sowing the seeds of love too ? "
I think celiberts my Real second name surpriseing over time You

Do somewhat get used to it I,m 20 years out of practice thou this summer as that

was the last time everything went ok to many big gaps inbetween the first one was 12 years I was on match. c*m for a while

It will be a awesome time for myself or any other female if things are right I,ll make sure of that but nice shareing with you...

She finds her way back to her shed each night and tucks herself in

Someone I know adopted two tortoises recently. One is 90 and the other 100.

The 100 year old doesn't move about much but the younger one does the rounds of the garden. Unfortunately he doesn't put himself away at night and his new owners are worried about leaving him out. Every evening involves crawling around the garden, hunting under hedges and plants for a tortoise!

Best entertainment I've seen in ages!"

wow that is some age for the small tortoise,s they have been well looked after and handed down through the family from 1914 or just after and the other one 1924 or just after perhaps The oldest two in the country possible...

"If anyone ever needs plants or flowers killing, let me know. I only have to look at them for them to die...

I wish I was green fingered

P.S. This doesn't work with s. "

I always find i,m not to bad with growing plants but i find disease,s that lurk in the soil from yer garden or pest,s

Are my biggest downfall with plants so i do tend to buy in multi purpose compost and perhaps john innes compost multi purpose will dry out to soon on its own

any day now black fly will be about its a constant battle to control things but

I find now what i can and what i can,t do in the garden so i do have something

to work on...

» Add a new message to this topic