FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 24 hours!

24 hours!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

And its the start of my festival season and a shiny new job....no more chippy for a while after today!

Glastonbudget here we come!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Sounds like fun.

I've never done a festival. I'm not sure I could do the tent, potentially dodgy weather, risk of sunburn, non-ideal showers and loos, insects... you get the idea!

I've worked fifteen seasons now...well, this is my fifteenth coming up...happily, the company I work for puts me up in a house or hotel for the most part so happy days

You don't have to take a tent to most festivals these days...there's usually a fancy camping option, yurts or tipis or some such thing....its normally expensive thoug

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

part of me loves the idea of camping but part of me hates it.. festivals would be my idea of hell though

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I love live music but crowds, communal loos and mud would ruin the music.

"part of me loves the idea of camping but part of me hates it.. festivals would be my idea of hell though "

You can do them posh ways now its not all sweaty unwashed grubbyness these days. Except creamfields, that's like a George a Romero movie x

"I love live music but crowds, communal loos and mud would ruin the music."

thats my reasoning for not wishing to attend such an event

plus i like my sleep to much and i think theres more than likely all night parties (which create that festival atmosphere no doubt) going on.

"I love live music but crowds, communal loos and mud would ruin the music."

Most festivals have some kind of posh loo and shower service these days...you pay so much for a weekend pass to them...its a big moneymaker for promoters that is so the services are manned, regularly cleaned etc...its not so bad and you get crowds with live music I guess wherever you go....

"I love live music but crowds, communal loos and mud would ruin the music.

thats my reasoning for not wishing to attend such an event

plus i like my sleep to much and i think theres more than likely all night parties (which create that festival atmosphere no doubt) going on.

"

Not necessarily, most places now will have a family or a quiet campsite... I have an answer for everything eh? X

Enjoy... Sounds like a cracking job, when the sun is shining!

"

Not necessarily, most places now will have a family or a quiet campsite... I have an answer for everything eh? X "

no one likes a smart arse ya know lol :P x x

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

The first time I went to Kendal Calling we were camped not too far from a portaloo that didn't get emptied...we had an enjoyable time betting on whether those who opened the door had a strong enough stomach to use it

The ones in the arena weren't too bad, but the ones on the campsite were mostly minging...thank god for Pootopia loos, even if they were a coupla quid a go

"Enjoy... Sounds like a cracking job, when the sun is shining! "

It's not great in the rain I must admit

"

Not necessarily, most places now will have a family or a quiet campsite... I have an answer for everything eh? X

no one likes a smart arse ya know lol :P x x "

Awwww I shall de smarten rapid then! X

"The first time I went to Kendal Calling we were camped not too far from a portaloo that didn't get emptied...we had an enjoyable time betting on whether those who opened the door had a strong enough stomach to use it

The ones in the arena weren't too bad, but the ones on the campsite were mostly minging...thank god for Pootopia loos, even if they were a coupla quid a go "

Mmm that's never good

Was it a particularly wet year? They normally do the rounds with the tankers twice daily...even it wet years they use a tractor....shoddy work that is.... what year was that?

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"The first time I went to Kendal Calling we were camped not too far from a portaloo that didn't get emptied...we had an enjoyable time betting on whether those who opened the door had a strong enough stomach to use it

The ones in the arena weren't too bad, but the ones on the campsite were mostly minging...thank god for Pootopia loos, even if they were a coupla quid a go

Mmm that's never good

Was it a particularly wet year? They normally do the rounds with the tankers twice daily...even it wet years they use a tractor....shoddy work that is.... what year was that? "

It was actually not bad weather, I think maybe 2010...the loo in question was a solitary one near the entrance and I'm pretty sure it didn't get emptied anything like twice a day, think it maybe got forgotten

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm not a fan of camping. I used to do some, but found I was up half the night, because this git with 2 stripes didn't like me.

Now I'd find it impossible to look glam in a tent.

Mmm that's never good

Was it a particularly wet year? They normally do the rounds with the tankers twice daily...even it wet years they use a tractor....shoddy work that is.... what year was that?

It was actually not bad weather, I think maybe 2010...the loo in question was a solitary one near the entrance and I'm pretty sure it didn't get emptied anything like twice a day, think it maybe got forgotten"

Hmmm....they normally stick them in banks rather than solitary loos....makes the cleaning rounds more efficient... Ah well, its an ear to the ground productions thing is Kendal.. they have odd ideas like that...

And I'll leave it there before I turn this into a toilet thread

"I'm not a fan of camping. I used to do some, but found I was up half the night, because this git with 2 stripes didn't like me.

Now I'd find it impossible to look glam in a tent. "

glamping was invented for you!

Titz Towers, North Notts

"I'm not a fan of camping. I used to do some, but found I was up half the night, because this git with 2 stripes didn't like me.

glamping was invented for you! "

I'd need some minions to keep me in the style I'd like to become accustomed to.

I'd need some minions to keep me in the style I'd like to become accustomed to. "

I see you being carried in a sedan chair made entirely of lithe nubile young men and women from your encampment to your own main stage viewing platform....that kind of thing t?

By *ove121LustCouple  over a year ago

LaLa Land

[Removed by poster at 19/05/14 19:16:01]

LaLa Land

"And its the start of my festival season and a shiny new job....no more chippy for a while after today!

Glastonbudget here we come! "

We're going to Glastonbudget!!!!!

"And its the start of my festival season and a shiny new job....no more chippy for a while after today!

We're going to Glastonbudget!!!!!"

No way! Camping or campervan?

Titz Towers, North Notts

I see you being carried in a sedan chair made entirely of lithe nubile young men and women from your encampment to your own main stage viewing platform....that kind of thing t? "

I suppose I could get used to it

I see you being carried in a sedan chair made entirely of lithe nubile young men and women from your encampment to your own main stage viewing platform....that kind of thing t?

I suppose I could get used to it "

I work for a company that provides volunteers for festivals.....we do say on site roles may vary depending on.the needs of the company and promoter....I reckon I could arrange it

LaLa Land

No way! Camping or campervan? "

Campervan (kids in the tent by the side hopefully!) we've been every year for the last 4 or 5!!!!

Titz Towers, North Notts

I work for a company that provides volunteers for festivals.....we do say on site roles may vary depending on.the needs of the company and promoter....I reckon I could arrange it "

Best tell them my boobs weigh a stone each before they try to lift

Campervan (kids in the tent by the side hopefully!) we've been every year for the last 4 or 5!!!!"

Mental! See all the bays you get directed to park in? That's us getting you parked up

I'm going to be there from tomorrow cutting those bays in with my lawnmower! Tiny world

Seriously, I know your there with family and that but say hi if you see me it would be great to just say hello

I work for a company that provides volunteers for festivals.....we do say on site roles may vary depending on.the needs of the company and promoter....I reckon I could arrange it

Best tell them my boobs weigh a stone each before they try to lift "

I have access to A LOT of victi.......voulenteers

LaLa Land

Campervan (kids in the tent by the side hopefully!) we've been every year for the last 4 or 5!!!!

Mental! See all the bays you get directed to park in? That's us getting you parked up

I'm going to be there from tomorrow cutting those bays in with my lawnmower! Tiny world

Seriously, I know your there with family and that but say hi if you see me it would be great to just say hello "

Lol really small world!!!! We'll say hi

Seriously, I know your there with family and that but say hi if you see me it would be great to just say hello

Lol really small world!!!! We'll say hi "

Please do I'll be up and down that field all the days that we're open.....can't miss me....I'll be one of the guys in the hi viz, skinhead, tribal tattoos....you know my face from my avatar

Lol really small world!!!! We'll say hi

Please do I'll be up and down that field all the days that we're open.....can't miss me....I'll be one of the guys in the hi viz, skinhead, tribal ....you know my face from my avatar

"

Well just done marking out your campervan field

» Add a new message to this topic