FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone seen the site in the news today?

Anyone seen the site in the news today?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2631781/Hoedown-More-100-swingers-set-descend-Brecon-Beacons-beauty-spot-cowboy-themed-sex-party-weekend.html

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Yet again? Its boring now, there are bound to be journalists on the site as I am sure they are on other similar sites.

What's boring?

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"What's boring?"

All the articles that get printed about swingers from uncover journalists...

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"What's boring?"
Journos getting hold of details of an organised Social, nothing like a bit of sensationalism cause people want to hold a private party.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's maybe more alarming that you're a Daily Mail reader.

I find it funny reading the comments from the disgusted prudes that quite clearly only have sex on birthdays in the missionary position

"

It's maybe more alarming that you're a Daily Mail reader.

"

hahaha

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I find it funny reading the comments from the disgusted prudes that quite clearly only have sex on birthdays in the missionary position"
No we actually don't know its true, just cause someone isn't a swinger, doesn't make them a prude, but then again maybe they wouldn't have a story if someone doesn't make prudish comments or there wasn't local outrage.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I would be more concerned about the "journos" turning up and taking photos to be honest, maybe they are on the list...that would be my concern.

By *heScotandthegirlCouple  over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

good on the councillor having a mature response.

I f^^^^^g hate the Daily Mail, sensationalist stirring trash

Ruby x

"What's boring?Journos getting hold of details of an organised Social, nothing like a bit of sensationalism cause people want to hold a private party. "

I just read it, almost all the comments are universally in favour and basically saying.... So what??!

Another lame ass article from the Daily Trash.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"good on the councillor having a mature response.

I f^^^^^g hate the Daily Mail, sensationalist stirring trash

Ruby x"

"I would be more concerned about the "journos" turning up and taking photos to be honest, maybe they are on the list...that would be my concern."

I don't think even the daily mail would print those

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"I find it funny reading the comments from the disgusted prudes that quite clearly only have sex on birthdays in the missionary position"
with the lights out

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I would be more concerned about the "journos" turning up and taking photos to be honest, maybe they are on the list...that would be my concern.

I don't think even the daily mail would print those "

The local rags would, its happened before , but it looks like a fabulous party, and I hope they have lots of fun.

"What's boring?Journos getting hold of details of an organised Social, nothing like a bit of sensationalism cause people want to hold a private party.

I just read it, almost all the comments are universally in favour and basically saying.... So what??!

Another lame ass article from the Daily Trash."

You didn't read the woman who was outraged and basically saying 'think of the kids'?

I wonder how many people have joined up to see what its about because of this article?

"I wonder how many people have joined up to see what its about because of this article? "

We love meeting newbies.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

And once again, the papers have nothing worthwhile to say and latch onto a Swingers' social. Hope this doesn't mean the organisers will have to cancel. Happening too often which is a shame, because these nights are meant to be fun party nights.

"I find it funny reading the comments from the disgusted prudes that quite clearly only have sex on birthdays in the missionary positionwith the lights out

"

We had a great sex life before we became swingers.

My mate has a very varied sex life but wouldn't dream if coming on here. You aren't a prude because you don't have the mindset of a swinger. It's not for everyone.

What disgusts me is that the 2 linked stories are to abuse.

Shocking journalism. Quotes stolen from here and clichéd comments from a most likely non-existant source.

The comments section show how underwhelmed most people are by this

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Slow news day for the daily mail then.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

The councillor seems more than welcoming for them to hold it there...

"The councillor seems more than welcoming for them to hold it there..."

Reads like he'd be happy to be on the guest list

hi fellow fabbers ,

the journo concerned is a prick ,

there was no local resident he made her up what he did was go into the hoedown thread in wales forums and took bits of fabbers conversations and manipulated them to suit.

the fact that he brought children into it is repulsive and as i mailed the wales on sunday to complain he is one disturbed individual onwards and upards tho ,

as for the loacl counciller what a diamond really suppoertive

By *heScotandthegirlCouple  over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

"hi fellow fabbers ,

there was no local resident he made her up what he did was go into the hoedown thread in wales forums and took bits of fabbers conversations and manipulated them to suit.

the fact that he brought children into it is repulsive and as i mailed the wales on sunday to complain he is one disturbed individual onwards and upards tho ,

as for the loacl counciller what a diamond really suppoertive "

Hope your event goes well... screw the Daily Fail. Oh and invite the councillor!

Ruby x

"What's boring?Journos getting hold of details of an organised Social, nothing like a bit of sensationalism cause people want to hold a private party.

Another lame ass article from the Daily Trash.

You didn't read the woman who was outraged and basically saying 'think of the kids'?"

Oh I meant the comments at the bottom.

I don't believe what I read generally, especially in that institutionalised racist rag.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"hi fellow fabbers ,

This isn't his first attempt at an anti-swingers story, and, like the other one, this will fade away.

He's made a habit of trying to turn people against swingers by tying these types of events in with comments about "public sex" and children, as well as making up comments from "local residents", and to me it just proves that he is some miserable failed hack with a very twisted mind.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

since he named certain fabbers in the article, they are well within their rights to take it to the PCC if they wanted to complain, especially since he unjustly linking swinging with abuse.....

i'd be tempted to make him have to defend himself... rather than swingers having to

I think my profile was featured in that news paper.. joke lol.

"I find it funny reading the comments from the disgusted prudes that quite clearly only have sex on birthdays in the missionary positionwith the lights out

We had a great sex life before we became swingers.

My mate has a very varied sex life but wouldn't dream if coming on here. You aren't a prude because you don't have the mindset of a swinger. It's not for everyone. "

No you're a prude for judging other people based in your personal tastes

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

???????

There are only six comments and five are supportive. The only negative one has more red than green arrows.

Personally I think it's a great advert, and it seems at least one local councillor approves.

What a nothing article haha.

"I find it funny reading the comments from the disgusted prudes that quite clearly only have sex on birthdays in the missionary position

???????

There are only six comments and five are supportive. The only negative one has more red than green arrows.

Personally I think it's a great advert, and it seems at least one local councillor approves.

"

The comments in the article. And on other similar stories I've read

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

And this is why I won't attend a social that has it's venue publically named in the forum.

I don't read the daily mail as its nothing but bullshit in that paper.

As Russell Brand would say "if you see someone from the daily mail wanting to ask you a few questions, tell them to fuck off"

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"hi fellow fabbers ,

Good for you for contacting the paper

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"And this is why I won't attend a social that has it's venue publically named in the forum."

Venues are not allowed on the forum, organisers normally send them last minute to people who are going.

Assuming they don't use the same venue everytime in which case someone who knows this could blab

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I don't read the daily mail as its nothing but bullshit in that paper.

As Russell Brand would say "if you see someone from the daily mail wanting to ask you a few questions, tell them to fuck off""

If I ever see the wanker Russel Brand I will more than tell the stuck up arsehole to fuck off.

That excuse for a man gives me the creeps.

wasnt it the welsh social that got 'outed' last time?

think the people in the valleys need to be a little more careful as to who they are inviting to the socials.

Think of it as an opportunity.

Someone skilled in songwriting, coupled with viral social media, could surely make a hit of "The Day We Went and Banged Her".

ps 5% royalties if it comes off.

As Russell Brand would say "if you see someone from the daily mail wanting to ask you a few questions, tell them to fuck off"

If I ever see the wanker Russel Brand I will more than tell the stuck up arsehole to fuck off.

That excuse for a man gives me the creeps."

You sound like such a lovely person.

There's an article in Wales Online today naming the organisers, venue and dates.

Be nice to think it would still go ahead, but imagine a few would pull out now. And apparently the owner of the place denies knowing what it was being rented for, so they might pull the plug.

Bit like the social in Glasgow a few years ago at a hotel. Someone on the list was either a journalist or leaked the location to the press the day it was released. The venue said they didn't want it happening there.

You sound like such a lovely person. "

dunno, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

if he is quite happy to tell people to fook off for doing nothing more than their job, then i see no reason why he shouldnt get his own medicine.

the odious little man lol

By *rallvalCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"

Bit like the social in Glasgow a few years ago at a hotel. Someone on the list was either a journalist or leaked the location to the press the day it was released. The venue said they didn't want it happening there. "

I'm guessing that you mean the Edinburgh one. We were due to go. Despite it being a charity social masquerade ball the hotel cancelled after the newspaper hinted darkly ar rampant orgies and grou-sex in the ballroom.

As a result the organisers left the site, they were a lovely couple and the charity ended up with nothing.

But at least the newspaper shifted a few papers and a few people found something to morally outraged about - even if it was untrue.

Journos should get a life they might have fun if they tried it themselves !

brecon

"wasnt it the welsh social that got 'outed' last time?

think the people in the valleys need to be a little more careful as to who they are inviting to the socials."

Meh, so some scabby hound of a journo got lucky, seeing as socials around here regularly attract 150+ attendees, and there can be as many as three socials in a month in different locations, I guess it was bound to happen.

So, wotcha gonna do, live under a rock all your life... or go out and have fun?

Despite this hacks best attempts to link swinging with public sex and children, each time he prints a similar story, it just fades away... and we carry on.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than a lifetime as a mouse!"

think the people in the valleys need to be a little more careful as to who they are inviting to the socials.

Meh, so some scabby hound of a journo got lucky, seeing as socials around here regularly attract 150+ attendees, and there can be as many as three socials in a month in different locations, I guess it was bound to happen.

Despite this hacks best attempts to link swinging with public sex and children, each time he prints a similar story, it just fades away... and we carry on.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than a lifetime as a mouse!" "

dont see many mouse skin rugs lol

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

That excuse for a man gives me the creeps."

brecon

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than a lifetime as a mouse!"

dont see many mouse skin rugs lol"

Yuh, thats cos they hiding under rocks lol!

if he is quite happy to tell people to fook off for doing nothing more than their job, then i see no reason why he shouldnt get his own medicine.

the odious little man lol"

Honestly never understood the Russell Brand hate and whenever I ask people why they hate him, they never succeed in articulating why.

Honestly never understood the Russell Brand hate and whenever I ask people why they hate him, they never succeed in articulating why. "

For a starter he lives abroad but tells people who are living here not to vote in an election that will have no affect on his life whatsoever.

Secondly he asks for a referendum on drug laws, but how does a referendum work if you don't vote ?

He slated Hugo Boss at an event were he was quite happy to accept an award sponsored by Boss and forgetting that he was pictured wearing a Hugo Boss jacket the month previous.

Honestly never understood the Russell Brand hate and whenever I ask people why they hate him, they never succeed in articulating why. "

tbh its nothing personal.

im sure he is a lovely fella to his friends/family.

he just has a hint of the jezza kyle about him.

he has been there and come back from the brink, and that gives him the right to look down his nose at people.

his 'comedy' act is much less comedy and much more 'look how much more stupid they are compared to me', but thats jsut a personal taste.

i prefer comics that are a little more self denegrating.

after all, if he is as intellegent as he professes to be, he wouldnt have gotten mixed up with a drug culture in the first place.

Honestly never understood the Russell Brand hate and whenever I ask people why they hate him, they never succeed in articulating why.

For a starter he lives abroad but tells people who are living here not to vote in an election that will have no affect on his life whatsoever.

Secondly he asks for a referendum on drug laws, but how does a referendum work if you don't vote ?

He slated Hugo Boss at an event were he was quite happy to accept an award sponsored by Boss and forgetting that he was pictured wearing a Hugo Boss jacket the month previous.

"

Also Brand said “I think the very concept of profit should be hugely reduced. David Cameron said profit isn’t a dirty word, I say profit is a filthy word. Because wherever there is profit there is also deficit. And this system currently doesn’t address these ideas.”

From a man who has made £15m profit from his Hollywood films alone.

Maybe he could have made £50m but only wanted £15m

"Maybe he could have made £50m but only wanted £15m"

Maybe he could play a gig at the village hall but he chose the O2.

It's his local

Any socials from now on and I am keeping my hands in my pockets

"I wonder how many people have joined up to see what its about because of this article? "

That now makes it harder for genuine newbs to start on here

"It's his local"

I thought that would be the east ham working mans club.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I object to the fact that it such a badly written piece. If this is the level of journalistic writing on offer we have dumbed down to a level below base.

"I would be more concerned about the "journos" turning up and taking photos to be honest, maybe they are on the list...that would be my concern."

this I agree with

Costa Blanca Spain...

The Andrew Sachs stunt with his mate "Wossy" would be a good starting point.

» Add a new message to this topic