FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Skegness

Skegness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pice of life 79 OP   Man  over a year ago

lincoln, sleaford , grantham , nottingham

I'm off on an all day bender tomorrow for a stag do in Skeg early morning start till last train back .

Any one got some good ideas on best pubs to go to on the rounds , also is it worth a trip to chapel st Lenard's ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Nothing at chapel, just one family pub

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Arrghh! Cry off as soon as you can. I've been to Skeggy and it is a desolate place. It's impossible to get a good meal and after a hour, you start looking at your watch and wondering why?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

ermm boathouse mid afternoon and about 9ish night time followed by wolfies and LA bar, the lion (spoons) is ok to start both times just dont blame me if its crap its about 8 years since I last went

Bin of skeggy and go to Hunstanton instead

Far more upmarket

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

how to piss on the guys parade lol

Considering you were there last year and have been on nights out I would have thought you'd already know

Titz Towers, North Notts

Gadzooks! He's been to Skeg and is willing to go back?

"ermm boathouse mid afternoon and about 9ish night time followed by wolfies and LA bar, the lion (spoons) is ok to start both times just dont blame me if its crap its about 8 years since I last went "

Thanks

"Bin of skeggy and go to Hunstanton instead

Far more upmarket "

I would but it's not my stag do I just want some ideas if we get stuck so want to know best bars so I can recommend

"Bin of skeggy and go to Hunstanton instead

Far more upmarket "

I be there tomorrow ha ha

Sunny hunny

Topping up tan

Nowt wrong with Skegness ! But suggest you have a couple of hours at Ingomelds. Pubs , large fun fair an market .

"Considering you were there last year and have been on nights out I would have thought you'd already know "

That wasn't on a Sunday and a years along time

By *ubybabyCouple  over a year ago

lincoln ish

Hey i live in skeggy so stop pullin it down just cos you dont like it millions of visiter a year do like and they come back every .So BACKOFF

"Hey i live in skeggy so stop pullin it down just cos you dont like it millions of visiter a year do like and they come back every .So BACKOFF"

Skeg is a good place for a day visit but I wouldn't want to live there certainly a good place for fish and chips Ice cream and donkeys and a laugh which we will def be having tomorrow hopefully

Skeggys a typical English coastal resort, cheap, tacky, run down and a bit rough.

Stayed there for one night a year ago on the way to Norfolk and it hadn't changed much since I was last there 20 odd years before that, apart from a few places were now closed and derelict.

lincoln ish

I would be pleased to show anyone round skegness.its not run down infact far from it. this week its hosting junior rugby championships so to all you knockers go and stew yer balls and stop pulling skegness down

LAY OF SKEGGY

"I would be pleased to show anyone round skegness.its not run down infact far from it. this week its hosting junior rugby championships so to all you knockers go and stew yer balls and stop pulling skegness down

LAY OF SKEGGY"

Now did you mean you are the lay of skeggy

Or

Did you mean

Lay off skeggy

One missing letter

Two very different meanings

lincoln ish

Ha ha very funny but the answer is there for anyone to find xxx

"ermm boathouse mid afternoon and about 9ish night time followed by wolfies and LA bar, the lion (spoons) is ok to start both times just dont blame me if its crap its about 8 years since I last went

Thanks "

no probs

Skegness is like almost every other English seaside town. Shite.

lincoln ish

Thats a classic coming from someone from chesterfield. Come on guys we live where we live dont lets knock every ones town or city or even village . There all good and bad in there own way xxxx have a nice day xxx ruby

By *hite SnakeMan  over a year ago

leeds

Nowt wrong with Skeggy had many a good day on the ale there. Start in the boathouse and work your way up. I would say the foods marginally better in the lumley than the lion but there are plenty of places to eat and drink.

"Thats a classic coming from someone from chesterfield. Come on guys we live where we live dont lets knock every ones town or city or even village . There all good and bad in there own way xxxx have a nice day xxx ruby"

So because you think Chesterfield is a shithole (I've lived here all my life and I can assure you it isn't, but you're entitled to your opinion) you think I shouldn't comment on Skegness? It's an absolute dive lol.

lincoln ish

what ever hun and as i said before i dont want to call anyones home town, i just want them to stop calling mine but you cant seem to get my point anyhow, end off xxx

By *picyspiregirlCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

"Thats a classic coming from someone from chesterfield. Come on guys we live where we live dont lets knock every ones town or city or even village . There all good and bad in there own way xxxx have a nice day xxx ruby"

Don't take it out on chesterfield. This is the best place in the world!

"Thats a classic coming from someone from chesterfield. Come on guys we live where we live dont lets knock every ones town or city or even village . There all good and bad in there own way xxxx have a nice day xxx ruby

So because you think Chesterfield is a shithole (I've lived here all my life and I can assure you it isn't, but you're entitled to your opinion) you think I shouldn't comment on Skegness? It's an absolute dive lol. "

Was going move to chezzy but if this is the attitude not sure I want to

chesterfield

"Thats a classic coming from someone from chesterfield. Come on guys we live where we live dont lets knock every ones town or city or even village . There all good and bad in there own way xxxx have a nice day xxx ruby

So because you think Chesterfield is a shithole (I've lived here all my life and I can assure you it isn't, but you're entitled to your opinion) you think I shouldn't comment on Skegness? It's an absolute dive lol.

Was going move to chezzy but if this is the attitude not sure I want to "

Titz Towers, North Notts

I've been to both Chesterfield and Skegness and both places have their issues, but I'm sure whoever lives in them can find the nice things that visitors don't get to see.

Personally I'm lucky, I come from Mansfield, which I'm sure we can all agree is the centre of the known universe.

Was going move to chezzy but if this is the attitude not sure I want to "

Yeah, you probably shouldn't move here if the opinion of Skegness from someone you have never met is making you have second thoughts. Equally, if you're going to call it "Chezzy", please don't come it's Chesterfield.

"I've been to both Chesterfield and Skegness and both places have their issues, but I'm sure whoever lives in them can find the nice things that visitors don't get to see.

Personally I'm lucky, I come from Mansfield, which I'm sure we can all agree is the centre of the known universe. "

I'm very sorry to hear that Tina. My condolences. At least it's not Rotherham, I suppose?

Was going move to chezzy but if this is the attitude not sure I want to

Yeah, you probably shouldn't move here if the opinion of Skegness from someone you have never met is making you have second thoughts. Equally, if you're going to call it "Chezzy", please don't come it's Chesterfield. "

Sorry for the term! I think Chesterfield is a grand place... I have been coming over since before you were both born, but I am afraid it is not a second-hand opinion of Skegness it is my home town

"Skegness is like almost every other English seaside town. Shite. "

Brighton isn't shite. I liked Brighton

I quite like Skeggy. Chesterfields a dump though

chesterfield

"I quite like Skeggy. Chesterfields a dump though "

What has chesterfield done to upset so many people?

"I quite like Skeggy. Chesterfields a dump though "

You're not allowed to say that. You live in Alfreton, therefore you're not allowed a negative opinion on other places. Sorry duck.

"I quite like Skeggy. Chesterfields a dump though

"

Nothing, tis a fine town. I've upset some people though therefore it's fair game

It's absolutely beautiful outside at the minute, bathing our wonderful town in golden rays. Delightful

We went Butlins Skegness about 20 years ago. Beach was covered in donkey crap and my children came running into the apartment shouting " They're all foreigners! They don't speak English!" Great holiday though

Nothing, tis a fine town. I've upset some people though therefore it's fair game

It's absolutely beautiful outside at the minute, bathing our wonderful town in golden rays. Delightful "

bet it is glorious down the mile and you have Sir tom coming soon

chesterfield

"We went Butlins Skegness about 20 years ago. Beach was covered in donkey crap and my children came running into the apartment shouting " They're all foreigners! They don't speak English!" Great holiday though "

We have had a couple of fantastic weekends at butlins. I don't honestly think we could stay a week though.

You're not allowed to say that. You live in Alfreton, therefore you're not allowed a negative opinion on other places. Sorry duck. "

Not even Mansfield?

You're not allowed to say that. You live in Alfreton, therefore you're not allowed a negative opinion on other places. Sorry duck.

Not even Mansfield?"

Well everyone's allowed a negative opinion on Mansfield to be fair

It's absolutely beautiful outside at the minute, bathing our wonderful town in golden rays. Delightful

bet it is glorious down the mile and you have Sir tom coming soon "

He certainly is but I must admit I'm more bothered about the income from his performance to pay off our stadium debts as opposed to his actual music

"We went Butlins Skegness about 20 years ago. Beach was covered in donkey crap and my children came running into the apartment shouting " They're all foreigners! They don't speak English!" Great holiday though

We have had a couple of fantastic weekends at butlins. I don't honestly think we could stay a week though."

We had two weeks. Kids loved it and they were kept busy all the time. Since then the camps have been upgraded. I must say the pool was excellent

By *atinbootsTV/TS  over a year ago

Market Rasen

At least Skeggy's church spire isn't all twisted I've been to both towns regularly and they're both great places to be - same as anywhere really in that there's a lot of decent people but a minority that enjoy causing trouble for everyone else... Xxx

I like skegness to be honest. Especially if you take a wonder to ingoldmell's market. Hundreds of Fake clothes at bargain prices

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

You're not allowed to say that. You live in Alfreton, therefore you're not allowed a negative opinion on other places. Sorry duck. "

» Add a new message to this topic