FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gary Barlow

Gary Barlow

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eavenNhell OP   Couple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

has denied writing a million love songs and only declaring one for tax purposes and what ever he said what ever he did her didnt mean it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

He fiddled his tax.

70's performers fiddled something else.

I'm wondering what the 80's stars have to be worried about?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"He fiddled his tax.

"

Espadrilles and shoulder pads.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He's a beautiful man. He can do as he wishes

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

He makes my flesh creep. And to think that he is depriving little children of life saving health treatments, by not having paid as much tax as he could, is clearly vile. He should lose his award, face a huge fine and time in prison, if I wrote the rules. Not to mention the fluffy kittens that could have had better lives.

By *r-UniqueMan  over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

At the end of the day. If we get caught many years down the line frauding the system. So we owed thousands. What punishment would we face apart from paying the debt back? A lot more than these so called celebs.

Needs to give his OBE back IMO

"Needs to give his OBE back IMO"

He can keep his OBE. Let's have the £20 million back instead.

Carmarthenshire

"Needs to give his OBE back IMO

He can keep his OBE. Let's have the £20 million back instead."

He avoided £20 million pounds worth of tax?

"He fiddled his tax.

Espadrilles and shoulder pads."

I used to love my red espadrilles

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

He can keep his OBE. Let's have the £20 million back instead."

Exactly!!

His OBE was for services to the country, not for paying the right amount of tax lol

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"He fiddled his tax.

I used to love my red espadrilles "

Now why am I not surprised?

"He fiddled his tax.

I used to love my red espadrilles Now why am I not surprised? "

With no socks and baggy jeans

He avoided £20 million pounds worth of tax? "

That's the likely bill. I'd guess he got away with a little more than that.

That's the likely bill. I'd guess he got away with a little more than that."

Well yes, I agree.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"has denied writing a million love songs and only declaring one for tax purposes and what ever he said what ever he did her didnt mean it "

He now sings "Pray" before he goes to bed aswel.

By *ussypussy7Woman  over a year ago

cannock

Hes the most cheesy self loving cup full of monkey spunk ever.How wrong is it when he and his silver spooned boyfreind camrom slate jimmy carr and say he should be discraced and a bad role model.But then a few months down the line barlow himself is cought doing the same thing but on a larger scale.But now its ok becuse hes a rich conservitive fluffer.keep your knighthood lol you deserive it becuse you have earned every tiny bit of the above the working man propaganda lying keep the rich rich and crush the normal person bit of it.but apart from that i did like forever love.

Carmarthenshire

That's the likely bill. I'd guess he got away with a little more than that."

If you work out the interest of your average bank for that amount of money from when it happened to this day. Plus the cost it costs to go through the courts, etc. He should pay back more than £20 million. Plus he should have other punishments on top. Sends a strong message out saying. No one is above the law.

monkey spunk

"He makes my flesh creep. And to think that he is depriving little children of life saving health treatments, by not having paid as much tax as he could, is clearly vile. He should lose his award, face a huge fine and time in prison, if I wrote the rules. Not to mention the fluffy kittens that could have had better lives. "

It is my belief that he didn't actually break any law. He simply invested money in a scheme to minimise his tax. Amazon etc carry out similar activites to reduce their UK tax burden. It is not illegal. If it were illegal the HMRC would go after them.

By *effrey45Man  over a year ago

Lytham

He didn't break the law and if you had the chance to gain £20m for doing nothing you would grab it with both arms

How many here gave been paid cash in hand and not declared it?

Carmarthenshire

"He makes my flesh creep. And to think that he is depriving little children of life saving health treatments, by not having paid as much tax as he could, is clearly vile. He should lose his award, face a huge fine and time in prison, if I wrote the rules. Not to mention the fluffy kittens that could have had better lives.

It is my belief that he didn't actually break any law. He simply invested money in a scheme to minimise his tax. Amazon etc carry out similar activites to reduce their UK tax burden. It is not illegal. If it were illegal the HMRC would go after them."

Harry Rednapps case. That illegal?

Judge Bishop apparently had a different opinion, hence Barlow has a bill.

evesham

"Hes the most cheesy self loving cup full of monkey spunk ever.How wrong is it when he and his silver spooned boyfreind camrom slate jimmy carr and say he should be discraced and a bad role model.But then a few months down the line barlow himself is cought doing the same thing but on a larger scale.But now its ok becuse hes a rich conservitive fluffer.keep your knighthood lol you deserive it becuse you have earned every tiny bit of the above the working man propaganda lying keep the rich rich and crush the normal person bit of it.but apart from that i did like forever love."

He hasn't got a knighthood

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

From what I ve heard on the news the scheme was set up to promote investment in the music industry, in itself the scheme had various tax breaks for those investors, the judge has decided that Gary Barlow and two other take that members invested in this scheme to avoid paying income tax on ithe money ,

if my financial advisor suggested a way I could reduce my tax burden,, errr I m listening, if its legal ( this scheme was ), their motives are questioned I m guessing its the sums of money that made the authorities look at this closely ,

Avoidance immoral, evasion illegal.

I guess the ruling means that the nice little loophole found by accountants that outsmart HMRC will be closed and they can now chase their tales trying to work out what the next greedy bastard is up to.

Money isn't the root of all evil but the love of it is pretty unsavoury. Surely nobody needs that much dough? If he's in the fortunate position to be someone who's earnings warrant tax in the multi-millions then he'll never live his life in anything but luxury. Whether he's complicit or a dimwit who does what his accountant says I don't know. His halo has sure slipped though.

Jeez!!! Another media witch hunt, Jeremy clarkson will be welcoming the diversion.

It's only £20million. And it's only tax. An most mportantly he's said sorry and David Cameron has said it's ok. We need a sense of perspective, I mean it's not like he's done something truly heinous like fiddle benefits.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It's only £20million. And it's only tax. An most mportantly he's said sorry and David Cameron has said it's ok. We need a sense of perspective, I mean it's not like he's done something truly heinous like fiddle benefits. "

Yep!

Although I fear there some who will take your post at face value

"From what I ve heard on the news the scheme was set up to promote investment in the music industry, in itself the scheme had various tax breaks for those investors, the judge has decided that Gary Barlow and two other take that members invested in this scheme to avoid paying income tax on ithe money ,

if my financial advisor suggested a way I could reduce my tax burden,, errr I m listening, if its legal ( this scheme was ), their motives are questioned I m guessing its the sums of money that made the authorities look at this closely , "

To be honest he didn't break the law and it's more the systems fault, I'm no Gary Barlow fan but in his position would I do any different I don't know if I would, I pay my taxes I'm paye and I work with a chap who earns twice what I do but pays about half as much tax but I don't blame him the system allows him to do that

All those jimmy Carr fans need to remember how high and mighty he was slagging off others before he got caught

Live by the sword....

By *ihimbiherCouple  over a year ago

lightwater

"He makes my flesh creep. And to think that he is depriving little children of life saving health treatments, by not having paid as much tax as he could, is clearly vile. He should lose his award, face a huge fine and time in prison, if I wrote the rules. Not to mention the fluffy kittens that could have had better lives. "

Tell me one person who would not do the same....

It is not illegal!!!!!!!!

Get yourself an acountent

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

Exactly!!

His OBE was for services to the country, not for paying the right amount of tax lol"

Interestingly, 2 of his band mates didn't avoid their tax bill, Robbie being one of them. Who has been doing more things for charity, for much longer, than Mr Barlow.

Isn't friends with Cammoron though and is more of a labour supporter.

Funny he's still waiting for his OBE.....

Exactly!!

His OBE was for services to the country, not for paying the right amount of tax lol

Interestingly, 2 of his band mates didn't avoid their tax bill, Robbie being one of them. Who has been doing more things for charity, for much longer, than Mr Barlow.

"

Doesn't Robbie live in the USA, so most of his earnings would go through the US tax system, which I think is more generous than ours???

By *ants Horse Hung CockMan  over a year ago

co durham

He didn't break the law. He used loopholes in the tax system. This is tax avoidace, which is legal, tax evasion is illegal.

I bet hundreds of not thousands of people and companies do this

If you had the chance I'm sure you'd pay less tax.

Not saying its right, it's not, especially when you earn millions

Let's be brutally honest the reason why it is legal and the reason so few people are employed to detecttit (far less than are employed to detect benefit fraud) is because Turkeys don't tend to vote for Christmas.

It's not illegal unless he doesn't pay up.

Morally it's equivalent to fiddling expenses, or falsely claiming benefits.

evesham

Exactly!!

"

Or maybe they did it in a different way! Unless you are their accountant you cannot say for sure they are innocent of this.

What's being friends with Cameron (see how i spelt his name correctly!!) got to do with getting an OBE from the queen?

evesham

I know a non celebrity that does it.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

I think people need to do a little background research of their own before they start waving stories around that get printed by newspapers.

Remember that newspapers indirectly make money by selling stories and the more sensational the story the more they sell.

Gary Barlow and many, many other people re-invested money into the music industry. One judge has deemed this one particular investment to be a tax avoidance scheme, this opinion will be challenged on appeal.

Gary Barlow is one of a large number of sports celebrities in this country who are completely incapable of personally managing their own finances and pay people to invest and look after their many hundreds of millions of pounds.

There are countless investment schemes that offer the possibility of tax relief and some are even government supported. People like GB and others invest tens of millions at a time into such schemes in the same way that we would invest £5,000 into an ISA.

For those who are interested, this is what GB and others invested into...

http://www.icebreakerfund.co.uk/home.asp

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Sports stars and celebrities

I always thought Take-That was a stupid name for a boy band anyway,,,,

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

He;s got a funny eye I dont trust him. The girl in Greggs has a dodgy one too, I never know if she means me when asking 'who's next'. She's got me in toruble twice so far as I have queue jumped.

But back to Gary, nah I dont like him but have a real distaste for that little shit Mark Owens. Squeaky lil sausage dog on

Perhaps he should have invested in something closer to his true love. The £1 Bakery chain for example. Most of his fans spend their money there now.

Perhaps he should have invested in something closer to his true love. The £1 Bakery chain for example. Most of his fans spend their money there now.

Deserves everything he gets

OMG...... Spam pies...

just out of interest, does anyone that slates tax avoidance choose to pay their own tax or ni at a higher rate? just because a man earns lots more it doesn't mean he uses a lot more, no one has mentioned the fact that the tax he has already paid would support himself and family for life

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Did he really earn enough to owe £20m in tax?

Take VAT!

By *aisy2012Couple  over a year ago

everywhere

If there is a (government designed) system there, why is it wrong to take advantage of it? Why would anyone WANT to pay more tax. What he did, on accountant advice, wasn't illegal, just maybe immoral. When ALL the fat cats, including politicians & corporations, start paying "morally" correct amounts of tax it will be fair enough to have a go at the likes of Carr & Barlow. Till then fuck 'em.

"If there is a (government designed) system there, why is it wrong to take advantage of it? Why would anyone WANT to pay more tax. What he did, on accountant advice, wasn't illegal, just maybe immoral. When ALL the fat cats, including politicians & corporations, start paying "morally" correct amounts of tax it will be fair enough to have a go at the likes of Carr & Barlow. Till then fuck 'em. "

I don't want to pay more tax but tax is a fact of life for most, it should be for all.

If you're supportive of people avoiding tax because you'd do it yourself, then that's your personal moral outlook.

Please don't assume everyone would therefore do the same.

I would not, I see it as a duty and my contribution to society for the services we get, im not suggesting anyone should feel the same, my parents instilled this in to me. My _iew will remain unchanged by how immoral I personally feel other peoples actions may be. I neither want to beat them nor join them.

We could of course go for the Greek model of taxation, pay if you feel like it. See how that goes.

Be best not to complain too much when essential services get cut that affect you because we're bringing in far to little tax revenue.

but why should you pay many times more than you could actually use? if its good enough for a 'normal' working person to pay £100,000 tax and ni in their entire working life, then why should someone with the good fortune of a highly paid career be expected to pay that amount annually? especially considering that he probably pays his own private medical and pension so is less of a burden on society than your average joe?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

wanted to drag up an old thread...

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/106067

the temptation is to say "told you so!!!"

Remember Jimmy Carr got absolutely crucified on here and in general when he got found out doing the same thing on a much smaller scale...

Gary Barlow is getting nowhere near the same sort of abuse

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

So has Gary Barlow paid no tax whatsoever?

His accountant did his job well.....whats his name? I have a spare tenner that I need to invest fax free

"He didn't break the law and if you had the chance to gain £20m for doing nothing you would grab it with both arms

How many here gave been paid cash in hand and not declared it? "

I have no idea how much money Barlow actually has, but it's obviously enough to keep him in luxury for the rest of his life. £20 million is an amount he would never miss, and to compare it with being paid cash in hand is laughable.

everywhere

When the Inland Revenue boss can sit down for a cosy lunch with (I believe) Vodaphone & agree a total tax bill which writes off BILLIONS that the Revenue thought they were owed because it's too much effort to try to collect it, I stand by my previous statement - fuck 'em.

everywhere

"wanted to drag up an old thread...

Remember Jimmy Carr got absolutely crucified on here and in general when he got found out doing the same thing on a much smaller scale...

Gary Barlow is getting nowhere near the same sort of abuse"

"He makes my flesh creep. And to think that he is depriving little children of life saving health treatments, by not having paid as much tax as he could, is clearly vile. He should lose his award, face a huge fine and time in prison, if I wrote the rules. Not to mention the fluffy kittens that could have had better lives.

It is my belief that he didn't actually break any law. He simply invested money in a scheme to minimise his tax. Amazon etc carry out similar activites to reduce their UK tax burden. It is not illegal. If it were illegal the HMRC would go after them."

This

How many hospitals would the 20 million of tax he avoided build for his children in need.

I couldn't care less about Barlow but when you are fronting a charity for children in need and you are aggressively avoiding paying into a system the caters for such children then I do think questions should be asked.

Or is it because Barlow is a cuddly likeable celebrity that he doesn't seem to be getting as much flak as other people in the public eye that have done similar things.

everywhere

"wanted to drag up an old thread...

Gary Barlow is getting nowhere near the same sort of abuse"

I tweeted jimmy Carr & told him the same thing - why apologise for it? Fuck the lot of them. Too easy to make celebs targets when politicians & Civil Service mandarins are all with their snouts in the trough.

By *heScotandthegirlCouple  over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

"If there is a (government designed) system there, why is it wrong to take advantage of it? Why would anyone WANT to pay more tax. What he did, on accountant advice, wasn't illegal, just maybe immoral. When ALL the fat cats, including politicians & corporations, start paying "morally" correct amounts of tax it will be fair enough to have a go at the likes of Carr & Barlow. Till then fuck 'em. "

London & Edinburgh

"He didn't break the law and if you had the chance to gain £20m for doing nothing you would grab it with both arms

I have no idea how much money Barlow actually has, but it's obviously enough to keep him in luxury for the rest of his life. £20 million is an amount he would never miss, and to compare it with being paid cash in hand is laughable."

No it isn't - people are upset by the morality of it, regardless of the amount if you dodge taxes it's a principle.

I'm not saying what they did was right but I have an ISA, If I could afford an accountant to get the best out of my money I would

Ruby

Ps the tax I avoid on that investment I choose to come off the MPs subsidised bar bills not sick children

I have no idea how much money Barlow actually has, but it's obviously enough to keep him in luxury for the rest of his life. £20 million is an amount he would never miss, and to compare it with being paid cash in hand is laughable.

No it isn't - people are upset by the morality of it, regardless of the amount if you dodge taxes it's a principle.

I'm not saying what they did was right but I have an ISA, If I could afford an accountant to get the best out of my money I would

Ruby

Ps the tax I avoid on that investment I choose to come off the MPs subsidised bar bills not sick children"

The point I was trying to make is that the vast majority of people who are paid cash in hand, are not multi millionaires, nor probably even wealthy, and whilst it may not be right I doubt that they're living the high life on the tax they avoid.

Fabulously rich people like Barlow, who want for nothing, and probably never will, can easily afford to pay their tax bills however large they are, and they would never miss it.

It comes down to greed. The more they have the more they want, and stuff anyone else. It's morally repugnant, but not really surprising, sadly.

I think if he pays the money back then that's acceptable.

Peaky Nipples

What's being friends with Cameron (see how i spelt his name correctly!!) got to do with getting an OBE from the queen? "

See how I purposefully spelt Cameron is a moron as cammoron? Do you think the queen actually sits down and makes the list?? The royals are merely hand puppets for parliament and brought out as part of the pomp of tradition.

When there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.

Plato

carrbrook stalybridge

what he did was invest £100m in a fictitious "music promotions company " he then borrowed £400m from a subsidiary of this company to re invest in the same company at preferential rates (ie he never pays it back ) .he can now show an investment of £500m in the company to hmrc for which he can right off against his tax allowance and there fore not pay any tax on any of his earnings .

this is the second time he has been caught using a similar scheme to avoid tax so pleas of innocence fall on deaf ears here and for the record i quite like the guy

ps didnt lester piggot have to give up his knighthood for similar tax dodging ?

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"what he did was invest £100m in a fictitious "music promotions company " he then borrowed £400m from a subsidiary of this company to re invest in the same company at preferential rates (ie he never pays it back ) .he can now show an investment of £500m in the company to hmrc for which he can right off against his tax allowance and there fore not pay any tax on any of his earnings .

this is the second time he has been caught using a similar scheme to avoid tax so pleas of innocence fall on deaf ears here and for the record i quite like the guy

ps didnt lester piggot have to give up his knighthood for similar tax dodging ?"

He got a 3 year prison sentence.

So that tells me,what he did was illegal.

Which is different from taking advantage of a tax loophole.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

illegal and immoral are poles apart ...check out what you are saying ...libelous ...defimation of character etc etc

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

"

this is the second time he has been caught using a similar scheme to avoid tax so pleas of innocence fall on deaf ears ?"

you seem to be a bit of an authority on this ...so how come it happened twice ..why wasnt it put to bed the first time ?

"has denied writing a million love songs and only declaring one for tax purposes and what ever he said what ever he did her didnt mean it "

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

Leave poor Barlow alone, he had to cope with James Corden's head stuck up his arse for that recent BBC programme

Hasn't he suffered enough

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

Your all hypocrites the ones slagging him off for not paying tax coz lets face it uf you could get away from paying you would..

dont get me wrong Barlow is a twat & i hate his music & his band & pretty much all he stands for but his accountant sorted it out for him, so grow up n give him a break

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

"It's only £20million. And it's only tax. An most mportantly he's said sorry and David Cameron has said it's ok. We need a sense of perspective, I mean it's not like he's done something truly heinous like fiddle benefits. "

Funny, subtle, like

Peaky Nipples

"Your all hypocrites the ones slagging him off for not paying tax coz lets face it uf you could get away from paying you would..

dont get me wrong Barlow is a twat & i hate his music & his band & pretty much all he stands for but his accountant sorted it out for him, so grow up n give him a break "

No actually, I wouldn't and many others wouldn't too. The only way to pay for services is by everyone paying tax. Everyone moans about the services (or decline and lack of) but then don't want to pay tax.

Personally, I'd be happier if all we paid was income tax and not all the hidden taxes that we do now, like vat etc. It would taken in one big chunk and more people would then take notice on what it's going to fund.

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

Hé uses a loophole which allowed tax evasion which is légal.tax avoidance is illegal.Hé had some Nothing wrong.blame the idiots that wrote the laws and left the loophole in it

By *et a roomCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"Let's be brutally honest the reason why it is legal and the reason so few people are employed to detecttit (far less than are employed to detect benefit fraud) is because Turkeys don't tend to vote for Christmas. "

Well said!

By *et a roomCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Hear hear

By *adyA01Woman  over a year ago

Wellington

Wouldn't everyone pay less tax for goodness sake if they could! How many times have I heard or read about people complaining about how much tax they pay, and in the same breath accusing the government of being robbing bastards! Gary is being slated because of who he is and how much money he has! Isn't jealousy great!

So he can afford an accountant who advised how to reduce his tax overheads legally! Wouldn't everyone else if they could! I am a bookkeeper and the directors of companies that I have worked for both past and present all want to pay less tax, so they pay themselves a minimum salary just below the tax threshold which means they don't pay tax! And then legally they can take dividends out of the business upto approx £2500 a month! And they only have to pay 10% in tax on those dividends? How many directors of business in this country are reducing their tax bill in this way or other ways. The point being what Gary did is not illegal and I reckon most people would do it if they had the knowledge and know how! Move on people, no crime has been committed, nothing to see here!!!

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

easy solution must be to simplify the tax system and close the loopholes.... or would that put a legion of tax lawyers and inspectors out of work?

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

".........

Doesn't Robbie live in the USA, so most of his earnings would go through the US tax system, which I think is more generous than ours???

"

Maybe Robbie HAS been offered an award but turned it down! Many have!

I had been wondering why Barlow's PR had been working overtime to get him his sainthood. Was it because they knew this story was going to break ? Jimmy Carr was roundly slaughtered for doing something similar , but I guess he's not as cuddly as Barlow and he didn't make any prepubescent girls tingle.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Wouldn't everyone pay less tax for goodness sake if they could! How many times have I heard or read about people complaining about how much tax they pay, and in the same breath accusing the government of being robbing bastards! Gary is being slated because of who he is and how much money he has! Isn't jealousy great!

So he can afford an accountant who advised how to reduce his tax overheads legally! Wouldn't everyone else if they could! I am a bookkeeper and the directors of companies that I have worked for both past and present all want to pay less tax, so they pay themselves a minimum salary just below the tax threshold which means they don't pay tax! And then legally they can take dividends out of the business upto approx £2500 a month! And they only have to pay 10% in tax on those dividends? How many directors of business in this country are reducing their tax bill in this way or other ways. The point being what Gary did is not illegal and I reckon most people would do it if they had the knowledge and know how! Move on people, no crime has been committed, nothing to see here!!!"

carrbrook stalybridge

"Wouldn't everyone pay less tax for goodness sake if they could! How many times have I heard or read about people complaining about how much tax they pay, and in the same breath accusing the government of being robbing bastards! Gary is being slated because of who he is and how much money he has! Isn't jealousy great!

So he can afford an accountant who advised how to reduce his tax overheads legally! Wouldn't everyone else if they could! I am a bookkeeper and the directors of companies that I have worked for both past and present all want to pay less tax, so they pay themselves a minimum salary just below the tax threshold which means they don't pay tax! And then legally they can take dividends out of the business upto approx £2500 a month! And they only have to pay 10% in tax on those dividends? How many directors of business in this country are reducing their tax bill in this way or other ways. The point being what Gary did is not illegal and I reckon most people would do it if they had the knowledge and know how! Move on people, no crime has been committed, nothing to see here!!!

"

ot spears the judge doesent agree with you hence his ruling that it WAS illegal

By *restatynCplCouple  over a year ago

Rhyl

"When the Inland Revenue boss can sit down for a cosy lunch with (I believe) Vodaphone & agree a total tax bill which writes off BILLIONS that the Revenue thought they were owed because it's too much effort to try to collect it, I stand by my previous statement - fuck 'em. "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Hé uses a loophole which allowed tax evasion which is légal.tax avoidance is illegal.Hé had some Nothing wrong.blame the idiots that wrote the laws and left the loophole in it"

well actually... technically it is not legal, or he wouldn't have been ordered to pay it back....

he thought it was.. they are saying it isn't... just as in the chris moyles case where he was saying all his cars were "taxi's" to get around paying tax in another loophole scam...

the important word is "Scam".....

one of the richest men in the world, Warren Buffet, had it spot on when he said... "it is immoral that I could possibly pay a lower percentage of my wealth in tax then my cleaner".....

actually.. i have found a difference between the jimmy carr case and this...

Jimmy Carr voluntarily paid back the tax....

"Move on people, no crime has been committed, nothing to see here!!!

)"

I think you'll find a judge has ruled a crime has been commited. So maybe more to see than you think.

By *punkloverCouple  over a year ago

hatfield

Someone on Sky news said that if you was offered to pay less tax on your wages then you would take it.

Nobody says anything about Rod Stewart being a tax exile since 1975 like many of them, maybe he will be next off to warmer shores !

carrbrook stalybridge

"Someone on Sky news said that if you was offered to pay less tax on your wages then you would take it.

Nobody says anything about Rod Stewart being a tax exile since 1975 like many of them, maybe he will be next off to warmer shores ! "

but if rod staurt is in tax exile hes not using any of the services his taxes havent paid for cant get over how many are condoning barlow effective living for free at OUR expense does he not drive his expensive cars on the roads does he not have his bins collected does he not use the infrastructure bureaucracy and facilitys that are paid for and maintained by everybody elses taxes ? what makes him so special that he can avoid his obligations that others cant lets all not pay any tax eh see where the country goes then

I recon his council tax bill on properties covers getting his bin emptied and he probably taxes his fleet of nice cars but can only use 1 at a time on our infrastructures while paying fuel duty, plus the revenue he has created will have somewhat helped the economy in some way

The scheme Gary Barlow and other TT band members subscribe to has been classed as tax evasion and the money they thought they had sheltered is now due and payable. In contrast a single mother in the west midlands who cleaned in a pub for cash whilst claiming benefits was charged with deception. Mr Barlow has an OBE whilst the poor mother in Telford has a criminal record. Sad really.

carrbrook stalybridge

"The scheme Gary Barlow and other TT band members subscribe to has been classed as tax evasion and the money they thought they had sheltered is now due and payable. In contrast a single mother in the west midlands who cleaned in a pub for cash whilst claiming benefits was charged with deception. Mr Barlow has an OBE whilst the poor mother in Telford has a criminal record. Sad really."
^^^ this ^^^

"Someone on Sky news said that if you was offered to pay less tax on your wages then you would take it.

Nobody says anything about Rod Stewart being a tax exile since 1975 like many of them, maybe he will be next off to warmer shores ! "

so Sky news speak for everyone do they?

I'm sick of reading the posts from the Barlow apologists, he's a greedy bastard and if he wants to go and be a tax exile, good riddance.

"The scheme Gary Barlow and other TT band members subscribe to has been classed as tax evasion and the money they thought they had sheltered is now due and payable. In contrast a single mother in the west midlands who cleaned in a pub for cash whilst claiming benefits was charged with deception. Mr Barlow has an OBE whilst the poor mother in Telford has a criminal record. Sad really.^^^ this ^^^ "

But the pub cleaner wasn't all cuddly wuddly and wasn't a likeable celebrity so she deserved all she got the thieving bitch.

evesham

Nobody says anything about Rod Stewart being a tax exile since 1975 like many of them, maybe he will be next off to warmer shores !

I'm sick of reading the posts from the Barlow apologists, he's a greedy bastard and if he wants to go and be a tax exile, good riddance."

Awwwww he told me he is only stating here for you. He will be devastated

evesham

Staying.

everything he has done in th elast few years has been for the betterment of himself.

all the charity bollocks has been self promotion.

NOTHING has seemingly been done just out of the goodness of his heart, and that makes me a little sad.

remember when take shat first split, and his career tanked?

so whats changed between then and now?

he doesnt write better songs

he isnt a better singer than he was then

he hasnt suddenly developed more of a personality than then

so what is it?

the guy is a serial attention seeker and self promoter.

i really dont like him one little bit.

Who can say that they've never paid a bit of cash for something and not got a receipt. People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I know this is on a different scale but accountants are there to help people to avoid paying tax. His accountant told him do such and such.

Fortunately for our dear old NHS etc it has been found out to be a tax fiddle. I am sure he will cough up with his tail slightly between his legs and get on with his life of luxury etc, what's a few million quid. I am sure he can afford it. Well done HMRC for sorting it Better luck with Google and Amazon LOL.

I'm sick of reading the posts from the Barlow apologists, he's a greedy bastard and if he wants to go and be a tax exile, good riddance.

Awwwww he told me he is only stating here for you. He will be devastated "

Well if he'd only let me know

Anyone notice the hypocrisy on this showed by David Cameron when the alleged comedian Jimmy Carr was found using a similar scheme he was lambasted by Cameron who said folk using schemes like this are abhorrent.

Call me a cynic but I wonder if fact Barlow is a tory supporter and donor.

All the good Barlow has done raising funds for charities has been tarnished.

Apart from the fact he must pay his dues its fraud and why on earth jail is not an option baffles me.

Imagine if this was someone on benefits the outcry would have been far worse.

By *unknSoulCouple  over a year ago

Dumfriesish see

He was shite after take that knowbody wanted to listen to him. He still shite but in with the multi millionaire club and royalty who assure us he is fantastic. As normo's we must believe.

evesham

"He was shite after take that knowbody wanted to listen to him. He still shite but in with the multi millionaire club and royalty who assure us he is fantastic. As normo's we must believe."

He had a bad,rep after take that but wrote a lot of songs for other people. Don't think his money has all been made in the last few years. Due to his rep he wrote under a pseudonym, showing people liked his stuff just not his name.

As for normo's having to believe, this normo's has her own brain ta and makes her own mind up.

London & Edinburgh

"He was shite after take that knowbody wanted to listen to him. He still shite but in with the multi millionaire club and royalty who assure us he is fantastic. As normo's we must believe.

He had a bad,rep after take that but wrote a lot of songs for other people. Don't think his money has all been made in the last few years. Due to his rep he wrote under a pseudonym, showing people liked his stuff just not his name.

As for normo's having to believe, this normo's has her own brain ta and makes her own mind up. "

Well said.

I am a Take That fan and so maybe biased, i don't say what he did was right but it was at the time perceived legal.

As for self promotion... I wish i could tell you a story here that would melt your hearts - he does a lot for others that isn't documented.

Ruby x

"He was shite after take that knowbody wanted to listen to him. He still shite but in with the multi millionaire club and royalty who assure us he is fantastic. As normo's we must believe.

As for normo's having to believe, this normo's has her own brain ta and makes her own mind up. "

what bad rep did he have after take that?

it should have been robbie with the bad rep, as he was the one that stomped out with his toys thrown, but no, people loved him because he had personality.

so what was gary supposed to have done?

evesham

As for normo's having to believe, this normo's has her own brain ta and makes her own mind up.

it should have been robbie with the bad rep, as he was the one that stomped out with his toys thrown, but no, people loved him because he had personality.

so what was gary supposed to have done?"

Arrogant, believing he would have an amazing solo career, telling people he would have a number one solo album first. He was basically the darius of take that.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

I will leave it to the comments from Peter Hitchens blog to sum up my feelings

"The people who choose to buy his music intend their hard-earned money to go to Gary Barlow, not to George Osborne.

Think about it. If George Osborne went on a national tour and sold copies of his speeches, he would be hard put to make a hundred pounds.

Only one thing allows him to seize Gary Barlow’s money. It is the law. And Mr Barlow is quite entitled to use the law to hang on to as much of his money as he can.

If the courts decide that his investment scheme isn’t allowed, then the law says he must pay up.

But there is no shame in trying to keep his tax as low as possible (in fact I’ve yet to meet a well-off media Left-winger who wasn’t doing his utmost to keep his own tax bill down).

And the idea that he should be stripped of his OBE, as if he were a criminal, is a grave misunderstanding of what a free country is, and of what the law is for"

Arrogant, believing he would have an amazing solo career, telling people he would have a number one solo album first. He was basically the darius of take that.

"

but didnt robbie leave because he reckoned he could do better?

and he did.

so how come its arrogance with one, but confidence with the other?

its the same as (hate to bring football into it, but i have to) andre vilas boas and mourhino.

the only difference between them is personality.

they both think they are great.

both do the same kind of stuff, just 1 makes you feel 100 feet tall, and the other just comes across as dour.

and its the same with barlow and williams.

both have the self same opinion of themselves, but one has the personality to carry it out.

and he did.

its the same as (hate to bring football into it, but i have to) andre vilas boas and mourhino.

both do the same kind of stuff, just 1 makes you feel 100 feet tall, and the other just comes across as dour.

both have the self same opinion of themselves, but one has the personality to carry it out."

Robbie left because he was unhappy. He was on the verge of being dropped by his record company and touring some comparatively small and far from sold out venues. And then he released Angels.

By the time Take That split, despite being a more talented songwriter (Robbie Williams had a co-writer) Williams was huge and the public had no interest in Gary Barlow or his music. His solo career bombed and it was only the take that reformation that brought him back to the public eye.

It demonstrates on several levels how fickle the music industry is and how much luck and timing have to do with success.

and he did.

both have the self same opinion of themselves, but one has the personality to carry it out.

Robbie left because he was unhappy. He was on the verge of being dropped by his record company and touring some comparatively small and far from sold out venues. And then he released Angels.

By the time Take That split, despite being a more talented songwriter (Robbie Williams had a co-writer) Williams was huge and the public had no interest in Gary Barlow or his music. His solo career bombed and it was only the take that reformation that brought him back to the public eye.

It demonstrates on several levels how fickle the music industry is and how much luck and timing have to do with success. "

and signing his soul over to the devil (syco) ( the name aint a coincidence lol)

[Removed by poster at 18/05/14 19:26:07]

"I will leave it to the comments from Peter Hitchens blog to sum up my feelings

"The people who choose to buy his music intend their hard-earned money to go to Gary Barlow, not to George Osborne.

Think about it. If George Osborne went on a national tour and sold copies of his speeches, he would be hard put to make a hundred pounds.

Only one thing allows him to seize Gary Barlow’s money. It is the law. And Mr Barlow is quite entitled to use the law to hang on to as much of his money as he can.

If the courts decide that his investment scheme isn’t allowed, then the law says he must pay up.

But there is no shame in trying to keep his tax as low as possible (in fact I’ve yet to meet a well-off media Left-winger who wasn’t doing his utmost to keep his own tax bill down).

And the idea that he should be stripped of his OBE, as if he were a criminal, is a grave misunderstanding of what a free country is, and of what the law is for"

"

» Add a new message to this topic