FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Sony experia z1

HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Sony experia z1

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

so need to get myself a new phone, I don't want to spend mega bucks and I don't want an iphone! Don't want to follow the trend! So i have narrowed it down to three potentials, HTC One, Samsung S4 or the XPeria Z. What do we reckon? I like the Sony but there is a whole heap of blogs about how the screen cracks, so I am possibly discounting that!

What do we think?

Answers on a postcard

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Had the HTC one x for 2 years, had to get it replaced after 18 months as part of manufacturers warranty as it conked out and the battery life on it was crap if you're a heavy user like myself. Saying that I now have the s5 which uses same operating system and battery isn't much better and I'd rather have my HTC back, wishing now I'd gone for the m8 as it's apparently got a great battery life. Found HTC much easier to use and more user friendly. Hope this helps

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I have an S4 and I it.

I have an HTC One and had an HTC One-X before that. The battery life on the new model is FAR superior to the old one. The screen resolution is excellent, it can easily run the most demanding apps and the sound from the speakers is second-to none.

Samsung s4, wouldnt bother with the others nor an iphone

Cheers guys, i like the look of the HTC better, in sliver, looks quite a piece of kit, if i could i probably would splash out on the s5 but thats not an option.

Camera wise what are we looking like between the htc and s4? i like my pics

"Cheers guys, i like the look of the HTC better, in sliver, looks quite a piece of kit, if i could i probably would splash out on the s5 but thats not an option.

Camera wise what are we looking like between the htc and s4? i like my pics "

The camera on the HTC is more than acceptable, I've taken some really great pics with it and I believe there's a firmware update coming that will greatly improve the camera too. If you want a phone with a great camera then the Nokia 1020 has a 42mp one, my daughter has one and the pictures are fantastic, the rest of the phone is terrible though!

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

The Moto g 16gig is a great budget phone for just over a ton. Can't see the point in paying more for little benefit.

Jenny xxx

I have the new HTC M8 and i sure do love it. Taking me a while to get used to as i've never had a HTC before.

But, it is rather good.

Had my Sony Z1 since September and more than happy with it. Brilliant photos, especially outdoor ones and would only change it to upgrade to a Z2.

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

I have alternated between HTC and Samsung in recent years. Just got a great new deal on a Sony Z1 compact. Prefer it to any handset I,ve had before tbh. Nice looking solid phone if not a little heavier than the above mentioned.

No upfront cost which for a 3 month since released phone is very impressive. 500 mins, ul texts & data (Inc tethering)

S4 is a fab phone and great cam

Voting toward the S4 - trust my profession for the reasons, but its the most reliable, easy to repair and replace if shit hits the fan and its considered the most reliable device of the three.

"Voting toward the S4 - trust my profession for the reasons, but its the most reliable, easy to repair and replace if shit hits the fan and its considered the most reliable device of the three. "

Its not though the S4 has a list of problems as long as your arm. they have an issue with random rebooting the camera and gallery app doesn't work as it should. They have issues with the display smearing or ghosting, they have overheating issues along with issues not connecting to wifi and dropping connection most reliable of the 3 it definitely isn't.

Just got the Nokia Lumia 925, awesome piece of kit and i have only had it a few day! thanks for the interaction though guys, appreciate it

By *parrow77Man  over a year ago

cheshire

I have the sony z1 an love it had since release last yr an my screens never cracked or scratched an that is with droppin it an stuff

Plus i love the waterproof stuff esp as a fem mate always seems spill booze near it an it survives

I have an s4. I love it, but it's fucking useless taking photos indoors

"I have an s4. I love it, but it's fucking useless taking photos indoors"

Being a phone geek can I just say, theres a version of the S4 with the model number i9506.

This version has the same processor as the S5 but people don't realise it. You can get it for the same price as a normal S4. it's the LTE Advanced version. After that, there's not much between an S4 and S5.

I'd seriously look at the Sony

I've got the experia T (one before the Z1 and I know the later models have been improved

The screen is brilliant even in bright sunshine

Gets my vote

"I'd seriously look at the Sony

I've got the experia T (one before the Z1 and I know the later models have been improved

The screen is brilliant even in bright sunshine

Gets my vote "

Yeah my friend has the Z1, it is a great phone.

However, a new swatche of phones is literally about to hit our doorsteps, maybe wait a month because the prices of those phones will come down.

By *u-cee smurfetteWoman  over a year ago

aberdeen

I had a iphone 4 and changed it to samsung galaxy s4 mini and its a good phone theres a s5 out

"I had a iphone 4 and changed it to samsung galaxy s4 mini and its a good phone theres a s5 out "

There is strong talk of an S5 Prime, which is the S5 they wanted to release but couldn't due to parts issues.

Better screen, processor, memory and internet.

Just bought my girls Alcatel one touch £39 each and it is bloody brilliant does just about everything that the higher end phones does my eldest was a bit cynical at first but now she loves it. Spent a fortune on an s3 for her last year only for her to crack the screen.

By *uteguy06Man  over a year ago

Swindon

Ok so the Sony is a poorly built phone which has had many issues with the ones in the uk. The samsung s4 ok handset but cheap plastic shell and also not very reliable. On the other hand the HTC is made out of 1 piece of aluminium, it's got beats speakers built into the phone so excellent sound and you get some beats headphones in the box. Generally HTC are very reliable manufactures and the build quality is always excellent!!

Can only comment on the Z1 and the HTC never owned the Galaxy.

The Z1 is waterproof and dustproof which is a bonus.

The Z1 has a far better processor than the HTC one, its faster and works better with multiple applications open.

The Z1 has the better camera of the 2 due to a larger sensor and being 16mp more than the HTC.

Out of the 2, the Z1 is the better phone in pretty much every category

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Ok so the Sony is a poorly built phone which has had many issues with the ones in the uk. The samsung s4 ok handset but cheap plastic shell and also not very reliable. On the other hand the HTC is made out of 1 piece of aluminium, it's got beats speakers built into the phone so excellent sound and you get some beats headphones in the box. Generally HTC are very reliable manufactures and the build quality is always excellent!! "

I had a htc that wouldn't work if it had a sim card in it....kind of crucial fit a phone I'd say lol

That was a replacement phone for another htc that went tits up within 6 months of having it.

HTC were a shocking company to deal with. They flashed the rom to try and fix the sim issue which, when they tested it in the factory without a sim in it worked but as soon as I had it back and put my sim in it didn't work again. Sent back only for them to do the exact same fix on it again (didn't work last time genius!!). It went back a third time only this time they lost the bloody thing!! Kept tracking it online and it never got logged in to their repair centre.

I was told lie after lie for weeks on end, made several calls about it and eventually they admitted they had lost my phone and offered a reconditioned (not new!!) replacement.

If I can help it I will never have another htc

I'm a Sony girl now

"I have the new HTC M8 and i sure do love it. Taking me a while to get used to as i've never had a HTC before.

But, it is rather good.

"

Oooo that's the one I'm lusting after all the time at the mo, I have the HTC one currently and love it but upgrade is due in July and no if buts or maybes it will be the M8

» Add a new message to this topic