FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > nanny state

nanny state

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

at the weekend annie got stuck in denmark as her flight was canceled due to a prediction that the ash cloud might come over england, most uk airports were shut and it turned out to be a wrong prediction.

I know safety must come first but danger is everywhere in life, does the state worry about it to much?

ps shes home safe now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Insurance......

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Insurance......"

agreed, its the first thing anyone will think of if something goes wrong while abroad, "can I make a claim?"

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

would we be having this convesation if the scenario was the other way round... in that they had not been careful enough and something had happened....

sometimes ya just can't do right for doing wrong

i ment back home aswell as abroard, has it all gone to far, whats happened to beeing responsable for your own actions

It was the same with mad cow disease and swine flu.

OTT with H&S gone mad.

"would we be having this convesation if the scenario was the other way round... in that they had not been careful enough and something had happened....

sometimes ya just can't do right for doing wrong"

no im very gratefull shes home safe but your missing my point i think

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

It has nothing to do with health and safety, it's got everything to do with airlines needing an insurance certificate to operate a passenger carrying plane.

The people who moan about planes not flying would be the first to moan if a plane came down with the loss of hundreds of lives....

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It has nothing to do with health and safety, it's got everything to do with airlines needing an insurance certificate to operate a passenger carrying plane.

The people who moan about planes not flying would be the first to moan if a plane came down with the loss of hundreds of lives...."

which was the point I was making.....

So a prediction is wrong from time to time.... so what.... its like they are damned if they do and damned if they don't....

ok not a good example then, but im sure you understand the point im trying to make, everything is to controled and safe

Forum Mod

Would you want everything out of control and unsafe then

"Would you want everything out of control and unsafe then "

take cars for example, they have got safer and safer to the point where unless you have a very big crash or are very unlucky you are likely to walk away fine, as a result peoples driving standards has dropped causing more accidents in a percentage of the number of cars on the roads. when cars were more dangerous people took more care

It's a sign of the times we live in.

Our kids can't go on a climbing frame at school incase they fall off and we sue the school

There are too many "Don't do that incase this or that happens....."

It will only get worse not better, in my view.

Damned if we do and damned if we don't scenario

"Would you want everything out of control and unsafe then

take cars for example, they have got safer and safer to the point where unless you have a very big crash or are very unlucky you are likely to walk away fine, as a result peoples driving standards has dropped causing more accidents in a percentage of the number of cars on the roads. when cars were more dangerous people took more care"

Sorry, but don't agree with that.

There are more accidents, because there are more cars, and more people driving.

Pure maths..

"It has nothing to do with health and safety, it's got everything to do with airlines needing an insurance certificate to operate a passenger carrying plane.

The people who moan about planes not flying would be the first to moan if a plane came down with the loss of hundreds of lives....

which was the point I was making.....

So a prediction is wrong from time to time.... so what.... its like they are damned if they do and damned if they don't...."

You'd think people would be glad the authorities erred on the side of caution wouldn't you instead of moaning about a nanny state.

» Add a new message to this topic