FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Politics on here

Politics on here

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oe_Steve_NWest OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bolton

I was always taught from a very young age not to shout your mouth off about your politics or religion yet on here of all places some folks just seem to want to ram this kinda stuff at you all the time.

I am sure a lot of people on here have quite strong views on both subjects but have the good manners to keep quiet about it.

Sorry rant over and will keep on ignoring these idiots.

Steve

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I was always taught from a very young age not to shout your mouth off about your politics or religion yet on here of all places some folks just seem to want to ram this kinda stuff at you all the time.

I am sure a lot of people on here have quite strong views on both subjects but have the good manners to keep quiet about it.

Steve "

its a difficult one as it is an open forum and we are in theory free to post on most topics. having said that, more fights have been started over religion and politics than any other topic, in the extreme afghanistan is over religion and politics. i keep off politics personally as i want to discuss those sensitive issues face to face, to make sure we have all non verbal clues as to the spirit of the comment. its easy on here to misread xx

Some people couldn't even spell poleetiks

"Some people couldn't even spell poleetiks "

who cares anyway

oooops did i make spelling mistakes, sir ? give me six... or should that be five ... of the best that is

By *ausage and sizzleCouple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

"I was always taught from a very young age not to shout your mouth off about your politics or religion yet on here of all places some folks just seem to want to ram this kinda stuff at you all the time.

Steve its a difficult one as it is an open forum and we are in theory free to post on most topics. having said that, more fights have been started over religion and politics than any other topic, in the extreme afghanistan is over religion and politics. i keep off politics personally as i want to discuss those sensitive issues face to face, to make sure we have all non verbal clues as to the spirit of the comment. its easy on here to misread xx"

It is an open forum, but I do wonder if it's too contenious for a site where a lot of peeps just come for fun. But I guess they can always move on to the next post.

DONT FORGET USE YOUR VOTE WISELY!!!!!!!

Con Dem Nation.

Politics and religions suck, IMHO!

Could be that some People have realised that as it's a Swingers site and they can talk openly about Sex then they can talk about anything they like which they can, as an open Forum People can discuss and debate any subject they like without prejudice, those of us not interested in Politics and Religion also have the choice as to read or reply.

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

Steve "

It's an open forum and as such numerous interesting and not so interesting threads are opened for discussion etc. We all have the choice to move on to the next thread that may/may not be of interest. In my opinion the poste re: politics have been of interest and people who have posted have conducted themselves very well. I however do not class myself as an idiot for discussing something that is of interest to me.

Steve

It's an open forum and as such numerous interesting and not so interesting threads are opened for discussion etc. We all have the choice to move on to the next thread that may/may not be of interest. In my opinion the poste re: politics have been of interest and people who have posted have conducted themselves very well. I however do not class myself as an idiot for discussing something that is of interest to me. "

same as what she said xx

"Could be that some People have realised that as it's a Swingers site and they can talk openly about Sex then they can talk about anything they like which they can, as an open Forum People can discuss and debate any subject they like without prejudice, those of us not interested in Politics and Religion also have the choice as to read or reply.

"

Hear, Hear. What he said..

Additionally, a lot profiles say something along the lines of: 'we prefer to get to know peeps before we play with them' - seems that having a good debate about relgion and/or politics is a pretty good way of getting to know someone... unless, of course, you only want to get to know how big his cock is/her breasts are and whether they prefer bareback or not, I prefer to go a bit deeper than that.

A couple of threads is ok but half a doz just gets boring after a bit.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"A couple of threads is ok but half a doz just gets boring after a bit. "

Only read a couple of them then

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I'm not bothered at all.....

I think it is also a sign of maturity that people can talk about most things here, and have their disagreements and still do it in a passionate and adult way where very few threads end up getting locked......

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

In the main, the politic threads have been well discussed. There has been a few times were a mod has had to ask for people to cool it, but for a subject that is normally going to cause conflict, I think it has stayed adults having a great discussion with people who come across as intelligent , and I am sure who will be offended to be called idiots.

Of course if no one is interested in politics or any other subject for that matter, then just don't open the thread....simple.

PS if anyone wants to get their point across, can I remind you to do it without attacking the people you are talking about.

"A couple of threads is ok but half a doz just gets boring after a bit.

Only read a couple of them then "

Same here

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

must admit i did enjoy the political threads and considering the subject matter, thought generally they were discussed without malice o forthought ,but with genuine belief and passionate debate .

Some great points were made by all contributors and had me thinking about different viewpoints .

So much better than the repetative 49th rendition of what did you have for breakfast today or whats your favourite biscuit ..

although i acknowledge peoples right to ask those questions before you start ..!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I didnt read them, only one as not my thing so i simply didnt read it. Honest it wasnt hard work not to open them, now the football thread

"must admit i did enjoy the political threads and considering the subject matter, thought generally they were discussed without malice o forthought ,but with genuine belief and passionate debate .

Some great points were made by all contributors and had me thinking about different viewpoints .

So much better than the repetative 49th rendition of what did you have for breakfast today or whats your favourite biscuit ..

although i acknowledge peoples right to ask those questions before you start ..!!

"

On my Facebook today from a female mate.........'What should i have for my breakfast, a healthy cereal or a fry up'........

Jesus christ

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"must admit i did enjoy the political threads and considering the subject matter, thought generally they were discussed without malice o forthought ,but with genuine belief and passionate debate .

On my Facebook today from a female mate.........'What should i have for my breakfast, a healthy cereal or a fry up'........

Jesus christ "

tell her the fry up is healthier ...pmsl

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Jesus christ

tell her the fry up is healthier ...pmsl "

Bacon and Mshrooms on toast

What? There was an election???

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Well for those that can't help but read a thread about a subject they don't want to see on here.....there is always the Swingers Forum, for all things about sex.

"Could be that some People have realised that as it's a Swingers site and they can talk openly about Sex then they can talk about anything they like which they can, as an open Forum People can discuss and debate any subject they like without prejudice, those of us not interested in Politics and Religion also have the choice as to read or reply.

Hear, Hear. What he said..

Additionally, a lot profiles say something along the lines of: 'we prefer to get to know peeps before we play with them' - seems that having a good debate about relgion and/or politics is a pretty good way of getting to know someone... unless, of course, you only want to get to know how big his cock is/her breasts are and whether they prefer bareback or not, I prefer to go a bit deeper than that."

no pun intended with the deeper bit?? cheers it made me smile!! xx

not sure my parents would have advocated public forums for chatting about fisting, anal or fetishes either...but there seems no strong desire to protest about those.

I think it's generally agreed there's really no taboos here!

Steve its a difficult one as it is an open forum and we are in theory free to post on most topics. having said that, more fights have been started over religion and politics than any other topic, in the extreme afghanistan is over religion and politics. i keep off politics personally as i want to discuss those sensitive issues face to face, to make sure we have all non verbal clues as to the spirit of the comment. its easy on here to misread xx

It is an open forum, but I do wonder if it's too contenious for a site where a lot of peeps just come for fun. But I guess they can always move on to the next post. "

Hi, I get your point but what is fun to one person is not to the next.

Some people love a good old discussion/debate and others hate it or think it's arguing and one upmanship.

Personally I stay away from - what I call - the silly threads.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

if you dont like a thread.just move on.not to hard,is it.

» Add a new message to this topic