FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Granny's home cooking....

Granny's home cooking....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I miss my wee granny's home cooking. Her Sunday roast was the stuff of Michelen restaurants and also her mince patties were something i just can't seem to make to her perfection.

Also her pancakes and rock cakes were worth visiting for.

Aww my wee granny, plenty of treasured memories

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

We dont know what happened to my grannies recipe book when she died. She made everything from blackberry vinegar, mushroom ketchup, pies, cakes, pastries, bread. Lemoncurd, jam, gingerbeer everything possible. My grandad was a farm worker so they basically lived of the land

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"We dont know what happened to my grannies recipe book when she died. She made everything from blackberry vinegar, mushroom ketchup, pies, cakes, pastries, bread. Lemoncurd, jam, gingerbeer everything possible. My grandad was a farm worker so they basically lived of the land"

Thats tragic, all that family history lost. I have my mums recipes and have photocopied them so I use those instead of the original book

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Most of my grans recipes are in my head, i really should put them onto my puter

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Most of my grans recipes are in my head, i really should put them onto my puter "

nah you will be ok hunni cos theres lots of spare room in ya head lol

big bad sez lol

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Most of my grans recipes are in my head, i really should put them onto my puter

nah you will be ok hunni cos theres lots of spare room in ya head lol

big bad sez lol"

Shut ya cake hole ya old git.....got ya a prezzie btw

meals were pretty bland as both my grandparents were diabetic, but she used to make raspberry jam for us and always baked her own bread...a loaf would be devoured with every visit between us!

my grans cookin was vile!! knife and fork broth, bubble custard! only thing she was good at was stovies they were a treat!! but she could knit like no one else, and luckily my mum was a great cook! xx

my ex mother in law was the WORST cook on the planet.

She considered herself 'adventurous' in the kitchen, I used to go there and treat it a bit like boot camp.

there were tins of fruit cocktail (cherries and all) and packets of raisins in her sweet n sour, her soup would have an inch think layer of fat floating on top and she did this dish (i have no clue what they call it up here) but it was cold mash lard and corned beef all mixed up and fried and more often than not, she wouldnt even wait for the lard to melt so there'd be big globs of it in every mouthful (was it stottie?)

"my ex mother in law was the WORST cook on the planet.

She considered herself 'adventurous' in the kitchen, I used to go there and treat it a bit like boot camp.

there were tins of fruit cocktail (cherries and all) and packets of raisins in her sweet n sour, her soup would have an inch think layer of fat floating on top and she did this dish (i have no clue what they call it up here) but it was cold mash lard and corned beef all mixed up and fried and more often than not, she wouldnt even wait for the lard to melt so there'd be big globs of it in every mouthful (was it stottie?)"

My goodness - sounds like you could qualify for some compensation - serious trauma inflicted! Selling said dish under the "adventurous" food constitutes IMHO an offense under the trade description act.;-)

By *eprobatepairCouple  over a year ago

london

" she did this dish (i have no clue what they call it up here) but it was cold mash lard and corned beef all mixed up and fried and more often than not, she wouldnt even wait for the lard to melt so there'd be big globs of it in every mouthful (was it stottie?)"

Sounds like a Panackelty from the Sunderland area. Ther are lots of variations in both ingredients and spelling depending on location but it usually consists of corned beef, potato and root veg.

» Add a new message to this topic